You're gonna kill me when you read this chapter. Sorry lovelies!

Twin Souls

"You did what?" I gasped. " No no no no. November your dad's a cop! People will find out if this gets reported." My lungs squeezed and I forgot how to breathe. The panic attack was sinking in and I was losing myself.

"Skye I didn't mean to tell... It just slipped out. Skye you had to tell someone eventually, this can't go on." November approached me and I flinched away from her touch. My breathing was becoming short gasps and my mind was going blank until...

Breathe Skye. Breathe.

I took a deep breathe and tried to focus. I felt tears running down my face and saw November in front of me, crying.

What have I done? My best friend is crying.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered and looked down at the grass.

"Skye... I think telling was a good idea. Eli needs to be stopped- before he does more than just roughly grabbing your arm." 

I remembered then that I still hadn't told November about what had happened just last night. The pain had long been forgotten once I became numb, but now that November is standing here and Jiyong is soothing me with calming words, I can feel it sinking in. Every bruise burning into me.

"November... I- He- It already happened." I whispered and looked up at her.

"What do you mean? Did he-" Her words were cut off once I rolled up my sleeves and lifted my shirt.She gasped and all but screamed and started crying.

"SKYE! What did he do to you?" November screamed.

"It's a reminder... and a warning." I paused and hugged November. "He's gonna kill me." I sobbed and held onto her tightly. She wrapped her arms around me gently trying not to hurt me.

"Skye, I can't just sit back and let him continue like this. We are going to my father, and this is going to end. Do you understand me? There is no more waiting around to see if he'll stop. This ends today." November said and pulled away from me. She walked over to her horse and looked back at me.

"Get on your horse and follow me." She said as she swung her leg up and over her horse.

I shook my head.

"My dad can't know. It will break him November." I screamed out.

"You're broken Skye. You can't save everyone. Please save yourself." 

November was looking at me with pleading eyes. I knew it was killing her to see me like this, but I couldn't look at my dad again if he knew. He would feel so helpless and horrible.

"Please Skye. Please don't do this to yourself. You said he was going to kill you. I'm not going to sit by and let him do it." I collapsed to the ground in a sobbing mess and soon enough November was down by my side holding me.

"I can't..."

"Yes you can. He has so scared, but do you think he can do when he's sitting behind bars?" November yelled. She was frustrated with how unwilling I was to try and save myself.

"Can't you just get it through your head that this was never your fault. It was an accident. There's no way you could have stopped it. Please. I'm begging you. Come with me and just tell my father. Show him what Eli has done to you. No one needs to know."

I receded into my thoughts. Still sobbing. I couldn't think straight now. Not with the pounding in my head and the pain coursing through my body.

She's right you know.

I screamed out loud.

"Please..." November sobbed. I pushed down everything and looked up at my best friend sobbing. Sobbing because I was hurting.

"I'll do it." I whispered. My voice hoarse and raw.

November looked at me like I had just found the cure for every ailment in the world.
"You mean it?" She asked. I nodded. She was still crying.
"Let's go then. Before they come back." November said once again hopping on her horse. I followed suit and tried to push down all the anxiety growing inside me. Tried to push down everything that had been holding back from telling people what my brother did to me when no one was looking.
You made the right choice you know.
Please don't. I don't want to think about it. I know it's the right thing but I judt don't want to see the way people will look at me when they know.
Skye. No one is going to look at you differently for being brave enough to stand up against him.
Yes they will. They're going to look at me with pity and I don't want that.
I'll never change the way I look at you.
You've never even seen me before. I laughed just a little despite my constant sobbing.
There's my girl.
We stopped at the stable and tucked twilight away. I was taking the saddle off when I heard November's boots hit the ground and I car on the gravel. I froze.
No. It can't be them. He can't be back yet.
November came sprinting into the stable frightened, but determined.
"Please tell me it's not what I think it is. Please November." I started breathing heavy.
"Shh. Stay calm. I'm gonna get you out of here safely. I promise." Just as she said that the door to the stable opened. I turned not wanting to see what I feared most.
"Hey Skye. We're back." It was my dad's voice. It made my eyes swell with tears.
"Ok." I said choking back tears.
"Are you ok?" He asked me.
"I'm fine. I think I'm just gonna go to November's for a little bit. I'll be back soon." I said turning around trying to seem fine.
"Oh. Ok. Be back soon ok? I haven't seen you all day."
"Will do dad!" I smiled and turned back around.
"See ya dad." November said and the stable doors shut again. I sighed and my shoulders slumped.
"Come on. Skye you can do this." November said hugging me from the side. I sighed again and November and I left for her house.
 Upon arrival I noted two things.
1. Her dad was home.
2. Along with every single cop from town.
I took a deep breathe and November took my hand as we walked inside.
Be brave.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
DON'T HATE ME I LOVE YOU ALL.
Hey guys... I know it's been a while... just a couple months. No big deal. I've been kinda busy. It's my first of college and all and they summer got really hectic with two jobs. Sorry I neglected you. I'm gonna try to write more, no promises as usual. Sorry for the cliff hanger. I've gotten really good at that. Anyway, have a great day. Don't hate me too much. :)
large.gif