Chapter 6

His Twin Brothers

Chapter 6

The nurses and his colleagues kept teasing him. They said he looked so cheerful that day. When they asked what made him very joyful he told them that he’s going to propose a girl. But, none of them believed it. Dr. Lay had done his morning shift and getting ready to meet Hae Jin at Leo de’ France Restaurant. He got himself dress up in a suit. He tied his tie and buttoned up his blazer. His phone vibrated, telling him a new message had been received. He slid the screen to read it.

[Lay, we all are ready to move now. Are you ready? Don’t you dare to stutter in front of her!!!-ZiTao]

Dr. Lay laughed at the message from Tao. He bends down to change his shoes. Again, his phone vibrated. He slid the screen in a thought of the message was from Tao for a second time.

[Lay, I just want to tell you that you deserve her. I trust in you and… Don’t you ever dare to leave her!!-Kris]

Dr. Lay lived up himself to prove to Kris that he is serious and really meant to love Hae Jin, to marry her. He pulled a photo out of his locker. It was a photo of him and Sandara, his first love. He decided to bring the photo along to inspire himself. He locked the locker before left the room.

 

“So, why both of you are in suit?” Hae Jin couldn’t stop laughing. Tao started to feel annoyed.

“Hey, Hae Jin, we wear this suit for you and can’t you appreciate our effort?” Tao increased his voice. But, Hae Jin gave out a bigger laugh and couldn’t stop it. Kris turned his head, facing her.

“What is it, Hae Jin-ah? Why are you laughing this bad, today? Do we look like clowns to you?” Kris parade his disappointed face.

“No!” She shook her head swiftly.

“It’s my first time seeing you guys in suit. Am I going to get married, tonight? I’m not right?” Hae Jin replied with her heavy breath, tired of laughing.

“But Hae Jin, it is a shock to see a soft girl to burst out a big laugh like that.” Tao shook his head, didn’t understand Hae Jin.

“Does she usually act this way with you?” Tao asked Kris and he replied with one short word.

“Worse!” This time Tao and Kris laughed out loud and ignored Hae Jin. She was pouting in madness, folded her arms on her chest, boiled up with the two boys.

 

He confidently walked out of the hospital. A speedy car was about to hit him while he was crossing the road and heading to his car. Dr. Lay managed to move aside, avoiding the car. He shook his head and felt so thankful for not being hit. He continued his way to the car park. He opened the driver door and placed his briefcase at back seat. He started the engine. He sat in the car for about ten minutes, relaxing himself from getting nervous. He accelerated his car on the road. At one junction, he bumped with a car. He waved his hand, telling the driver to go first, but the car didn’t move. Dr. Lay waited for about 20 seconds, but the driver didn’t react. He decided to continue his journey. He noticed the car then followed him from behind. He looked at his side mirror; the driver was on phone, talking to someone. He ignored it, but he had a sense that something bad was going to happen. He resisted those feelings and focused on his driving. The driver then light up the high beam. The bright light blinded his view. He can’t see the road. He honked the driver for few times. He lifted his hand to cover his eyes. At the same time, a truck was heading his way. He lowered his hand and saw the truck. But, Dr. Lay failed to hit the break. His car collided with the truck and crashed into pieces.

A few pedestrians witnessed the tragic accident.

“The driver, save the driver!” An ahjussi shouted. All the pedestrians ran to Dr. Lay’s crashed car to find him and one of them saw him under the truck. Only god knew how bad his condition was. His white skin was now bloody red flesh. A woman then screamed out when she saw his white shoulder bone. A little girl bravely bent down to take a peek on him. She saw Dr. Lay’s mouth was quavering. But, she then realized he was talking.

“L..Lu..Luhannn…. S… Se.. Hunn..” he slowly closed his eyelids and froze under the truck.

 

I can't continue.. Lay is my inspiration.. I thought I can keep going with Kris.. I need time to continue it...