Chapter 9 Part I

His Twin Brothers

Chapter 9

 

PART  1

“Hae Jin-ah!” Hae Jin turned 360 degree, searching for the one who called her.

“Lay?” She recognized the voice, it was Lay’s voice. Hae Jin slowly shivered as she realized that she was in the woods. The dark night made it difficult for Hae Jin to see. Suddenly, thick fogs appeared in front of her.

“Hae Jin-ah~,” Lay softly called her. He was standing with a bright smile on his lips.

“Lay!” Hae Jin ran and jumped on him.

“Where have you been? You know I can’t live without you, why you leave me?” She started sobbing heavily.

“I didn’t mean to leave you, darling. I have to go. My fate is to be somewhere else. Who said you can’t live without me? Look at you; you are still as gorgeous as the first time I kissed you.” Lay tightened his hug around Hae Jin. His cold-like-ice lips softly landed on Hae Jin’s cheek.

“Hae Jin-ah~,” He loosened his arms.

“Listen carefully.” Lay’s firm voice widened Hae Jin’s puffy eyes. She lifted her head a little to look at Lay’s pale face. He held Hae Jin’s shoulders.

“I want you to go far away from here.” Hae Jin frowned up her eyebrows.

“What do you mean? We have just met and you told me to leave?” Hae Jin clung around Lay’s arm, but he pushed her hands.

“Even though you want to stay here, we won’t be together either. Now, go Hae Jin! Go to somewhere safer and more peaceful. Trust me, you’ll find your happiness there.” Lay took few steps away from Hae Jin.

“No, Lay! Don’t do this to me. Please!” Hae Jin was begging to Lay, hoping he’ll stay with her. “Remember my last word.” Hae Jin silenced.

“Trust no one.” Lay finally vanished.

 

“Lay! No, Lay!” Sehun ran into Hae Jin’s bedroom as he heard someone screaming.

“Noona, are you okay?” He shook Hae Jin’s body. Slowly, she opened her eyes.

“Noona, why are you crying? Nightmare?” Hae Jin didn’t answer. She ignored Sehun and softly sobbed.

“Noona..” Sehun placed his fingers between Hae Jin’s fingers.

“Hyung always do this to me when I got nightmare.” Hae Jin froze. Sehun pulled Hae Jin to a sitting position.

“I can’t hug you. Hyung said I can only hug my life partner.” Hae Jin chuckled.

“So, you love Luhan so much?” His face reaction was fading.

“No. Mmm… I didn’t mean him. A…Actually...” He stuttered.

“Noona, are you okay? Sehun what happened?” Sehun quickly stood up from Hae Jin’s bed as Luhan came in.

“I’m okay. Thanks to Sehun. It was just a nightmare.” Hae Jin smiled at Luhan.

“Sorry for disturbing your sleep. Now, go to bed. It’s already 2 a.m.” Hae Jin softly advised them.

“Sehun, let’s go!” Luhan glared sharply at Sehun.

“Good night, noona. Have a good sleep.” Luhan waved at Hae Jin. She sensed something out of normal was happening. Why Sehun looked afraid of Luhan? Hae Jin softly knocked her head with her fist.

“I shouldn’t think that way.” Hae Jin slid under her blanket. She threw her sight to the cloudy sky outside.

“Lay-ah~ what actually you want me to do?” She let out a heavy sigh at the end before her eyes closed.

 

Kris was helping his mum with the groceries.

“Mum, what are you going to cook for tonight?” He started to get bored.

“I don’t know yet, honey. What do you want for dinner? I’ll prepare it for you.” Mrs. Wu gave out a pretty smile to her son.

“Dobokki?” Kris smirked.

“Are you kidding me, baby? You know I’m totally failed in Korean foods. No, no, no.” Mrs. Wu slapped Kris’ shoulder softly.

“Let’s have a try then.” He lifted his eyebrows, tried to convince his mum.

“Opss.. Your dad will arrive home at 9, it’s already 6 now. No time for experiment or your dad will die because of hungriness.” Kris burst into laughter.

“Okay, okay.. Looks like you love dad more than me.” Kris pouted like a little boy.

“Aigoo~ Cute boy. Don’t make me feel guilty, okay? I’ll cook dobokki for you tomorrow, I promise.” Mrs. Wu pinched Kris’ lips.

“By the way, we have to go to the grave tomorrow. Fetch me at 3 pm, don’t forget.” Kris frowned.

“Grave? For what?” Mrs. Wu gave the second slap on Kris’ shoulder.

“How can you forget? Tomorrow is Mrs. Choi Memorial Day. It has been a year now. What a very short time.” Kris silently had a thought of Mrs. Choi, Hae Jin’s mother.

“Everything has changed, mum. Everyone has changed, but our love will never change, right?” Kris back hugged his mum softly. The third slap landed on Kris’ shoulder.

“Excuse me, Kris. We are in a market. What will others say about my boy?” Mrs. Wu started to mumble around. Kris can’t stop laughing at his mum.

“Have you finished?” Kris asked.

“Yes, everything is in here.” Mrs. Wu confirmed as she pointed in the trolley.

“Now, to the cashier!” He shouted, acting like a kid.

“Kris, behave yourself.” Mrs. Wu strictly reminded Kris. She shook her head when Kris naughtily smiled.

 

“What the hell are you trying to do Sehun? Do you want to kick me into the prison?!” Luhan whined.

“No, hyung. What do you mean you in prison?” Sehun was getting worried of Luhan.

“If that finds out my plan, I’m sure she’ll lodge a police report. And of course both of us will be stuck in the prison for years!” Luhan blew up.

“But, if we quit this stupid thing, we won’t get involve with police right?” Sehun reminded Luhan about the risk he took.

“What?! Are you kidding me? Don’t tell me you are in love with her!” Luhan grabbed Sehun’s collar.

“Of course not, hyung.” Sehun shivered.

“Then what make you back her up?! Do you forget who is she? She is a murderer. She killed our brother. She killed our life.” Luhan pushed Sehun on the wall. Sehun didn’t seem to fight back. He weakly leaned on the wall.

“Before you mess up my plan, I’ll finish it all...” Luhan moved toward Sehun and whispered, “…by myself.” Slowly, Sehun fell on the floor. He was so shock of Luhan sudden change. He had never imagined how a grudge could change his twin into a beast. He rubbed his face with his palms. He didn’t know whether he should follow the plan or safe Hae Jin.

 

“Noona, where are you going?” Sehun chirped in Hae Jin’s room. He kind of worried as he saw Hae Jin was packing few of her stuff.

“I want to go to a place where all the people there live in peace forever.” Hae Jin gave a clue.

“Huh?!” Sehun didn’t understand.

“It’s okay, Sehun. Don’t squeeze your head so hard to understand my word.” Hae Jin patted Sehun’s back.

“But…” Hae Jin quickly cut his word.

“I won’t be long. I will be home before dinner, okay?” Sehun smiled warmly. Hae Jin hung a shawl around her neck.

“No. Not that red colour. The white one is better, white for peacefulness. You are going to visit peaceful people, right?” Sehun pulled a white shawl and kindly helped Hae Jin change her shawl.

“How do I look?” She .

“Of course you are pretty, you are my noona.” Hae Jin was touched by Sehun’s heart-warming word. He gave her a warm hug.

“I’m sorry, noona.” He whispered.

“Sorry for what dear?” Hae Jin frowned.

“Nothing.” He didn’t want to answer.

“Wait!” Hae Jin pushed Sehun away from her.

“Why noona? Do you know what I mean? I’m sorry noona, it’s not my plan. This is Luhan’s fault.” Sehun made Hae Jin feel suspicious on him.

“Stop apologizing, Sehun. What plan are you talking about? And Luhan planned it? Dear, I was talking about what you said last night. You can’t hug anyone unless she is your life partner, right? And why the heck you hug me just now? You break your own vow. Oh god! Little boys really can’t keep their vows.” Hae Jin shook her head. Sehun quickly gave out a fake laugh.

“It’s okay. You are my noona, now. Noona, I think you should leave now before it heavily snow outside.” Sehun grabbed Hae Jin’s handbag and gave it to her.

“Oh god, how can I forget? Aigoo~ Aigoo~,” Hae Jin jogged to the front door. She didn’t forget to remind Sehun to take care of himself. Sehun sat at the living room alone, thinking about Luhan.

 

“How are you, Mrs. Choi? It has been awhile, right? Mentioning your name remind me to your strong heart. It’s difficult for me to call you late Mrs. Choi. I still can feel your passion. I still can see your sweet smile in my eyes. But, I have to accept the fact that you are no longer here, beside me.” Mrs. Wu paused. She couldn’t hold her tears.

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Choi. I’m sorry because I didn’t take a good care of Hae Jin.” It’s difficult for Mrs. Wu to continue, but as Kris’ hand gently held her shoulder she tried to stay strong.

“I know my journey will end too. Before I go with you, I will fulfill your last wish. I’ll make Hae Jin free from her miserable life.” Kris stared at his mum. Mrs. Wu looked deep into Kris’ eyes.

“Honey, can you promise one thing?” Slowly, Kris opened his mouth to answer.

“Anything, mum.” Mrs. Wu exhaled heavily.

“Find Hae Jin and help her to fine her happiness.” Kris nodded.

“Mum, you look so weak. We should go home now, let’s go.” Kris helped Mrs. Wu stand up. Slowly they make their steps further and further away from Mrs. Choi grave.

 

“Ahjussi, give me some tulips please.” Hae Jin went to a flower shop. The salesman gave a bouquet of tulips to her.

“45 000 won, miss,” Hae Jin was so excited with all the red tulips.

“Thanks ahjussi, here you go.” She handed some notes.

“Thank you for buying, miss. Have a nice day.” The salesman waved at her and she replied with a sincere smile. She headed to her mum grave. Hae Jin kneeled down to put the bouquet on the ground next to the grave. She stared at the name on the tomb, Choi Yoo Jin.

“Mum, what he had done to us?” She didn’t cry but sighed heavily.

“I’m glad you already gone. I’m glad you don’t have to face this cruel world.” She stopped and was staring on the ground.

“Mum, I just want you to live happily there. Sometimes, I miss your warm hands to pamper me, to wipe my tears away.” She stood back on her feet.

“Mum, look at my shawl. It’s pretty, right? My little brother chose it for me. He is such a very adorable boy. Ah, I forget to tell you that I now have twin brothers.” Hae Jin smiled brightly. The twin was her happiness now.

“Mum, I promise you that I’ll try my best to stay strong to face all laughs and tears. I got to go, my brothers are waiting for me.” She gave a bow to her mum grave before she left. She walked down the hill.

“Oh?!” Hae Jin saw someone that she had never seen for quite a long time.

“Wait. Can we talk? I promise it won’t be long.” The man offered her a ride. Hae Jin took few moments thinking before she stepped into the car.

“Sure, I have a lot to talk too.”

 

 

 

 

Cr: Twinned Poison