Chapter 1

His Twin Brothers

CHAPTER 1

“Hae Jin-ah, wake up. You’re late for class, hurry up!” Yoo Ri, Yoo Jin’s sister tried to wake her niece.

“Hae Jin! Don’t make me wake you up!” Yoo Jin shouted from downstairs. Hae Jin who heard her mother’s voice, quickly jump off her bed and fastened her step to the bathroom. Yoo Ri then managed up Hae Jin’s bed and clothes.

Yoo Ri wasn’t a maid in the house, she’s helping her sister, Yoo Jin, who was getting older. Yoo Jin usually will do the cooking and managing his husband, while her sister will help with cleaning and managing Hae Jin. Hae Jin was a 23 years old girl who was still immature and pampered too.

Hae Jin’s father, Baek Joo Hyun was a well-known businessman. He frequently went outstation and rarely be with his family. His business had made Hae Jin closer to her mother, Yoo Jin. Joo Hyun loves Hae Jin the most, but he had no choice other than left his family for the company. As the first man in the company he was surrounded by his followers to protect him. This morning, Joo Hyun went out earlier. He had to go to China. Yoo Jin was sad, this time Joo Hyun won’t be back for eight months. Yoo Ri was worried too, her sister wasn’t in a pink of health, Yoo Jin started to feel dizzy and sometimes, her sight was blurring.

A Mercedes C-class parked at their porch. A young college boy steps out of the car. The boy was so simple in his white V-neck t-shirt and jeans. A long necklace was hanging around his neck. He walked charmingly with his sunglasses, heading to the front door. After knocking, Yoo Jin greeted him at the door.

“Kris-shi, you’re quite early today. Please come in.

“Good morning, Mrs. Baek! Hae Jin promised to treat me today, so we’ve to be earlier before the class started. Does she wake up late again today?” Kris gestured.

“As you can see, it’s already 9 a.m. and she’s still not having breakfast yet. It looks like Hae Jin will treat you here, today.” Yoo Jin teased Kris.

“What can I do with it, Mrs. Baek? As her bestfriend, I’ve to accept whatever she did.” Kris pretending to be sad and made Yoo Jin giggled.

“O? You’re here?” Hae Jin walked down the stairs.

“Have you ever looked at your watch, Hae Jin-shi?” Kris boiled up.

“I’m sorry. I’ve a language test last night with my English teacher from Yeongguk(England).” Hae Jin gave an excuse.

"Yeah, yeah.. Now, shall we go?" Kris lifted his eyebrows.

"First, we've our breakfast here and then, to the class." Hae Jin followed Yoo Jin to the dining room. Kris who was left behind jogged to the kitchen.

"But, you promised to treat me, Hae Jin-ah! Hae Jin-ah!"

-In class-

Hae Jin's phone kept vibrating. It's a call from Yoo Ri, her aunt. She had told her for not to call her when she's in class. This is the fifth time her phone vibrated. Suddenly, someone came in and had a talk with Mr. Kwon, Hae Jin's lecturer, he was Kris. Hae Jin curious as she watched Kris with a serious faced, approached her and grabbed her out of the class. She left all her stuff on the desk.

"What is it, Kris?" Hae Jin asked. Kris was so silent in his anxious face.

"What happened?" Hae Jin a bit scared of Kris's sudden change. They were heading to Kris's car at the parking lot. The car then accelerated on the road.

"Kris, are you okay?" Hae Jin softly questioned.

"It's not me, but you! Why don't you pick up the phone? Do you know what'd happened?" Kris was mad at Hae Jin.

"It's from Aunt Yoo Ri and why you have to be angry with me?" this time, it's Hae Jin who got mad.

"It's your mother, Hae Jin. She's in the hospital." Kris parked his car at the basement parking lot.

"Why don't you tell me earlier?" Hae Jin stormed out of Kris's car.

At the emergency room, Yoo Ri sat on a bench.

"Aunty.. Where's mum? Is she alright?" Hae Jin approached Yoo Ri.

"I don't know. She has been in Surgery Theater for an hour without any news." Yoo Ri started crying.

"What happened?" Hae Jin asked.

"She fainted at the kitchen. I was so shocked and quickly called the ambulance." she sobbed.

"It is okay, Aunty. I'm sure mum is alright. Let's pray for her, okay?" Hae Jin calmed Yoo Ri down. Kris was still there, next to Hae Jin.