Chapter 9

Reason For Being
JUST FINISHED WRITING THIS!! HOPE FOR U TO ENJOY IT LOVELY READERS. THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!  ^__^

The parents gasped in surprise after exchanging looks. 
 
"My son is dating you? For how long?" asked ms. Kim. 
 
"Well, we just started dating 2 days ago."
 
Mr. Kim looked at him in suspicion. "What is your aim?"
 
Siwon got confused. "Sorry... aim?"
 
"You heard me." said he, raising his voice. 
 
"Father please don't start this. At least not right now." pleaded Kibum. 
 
"Be quiet Kibum!" He looked back at Siwon again. "I know what kind of man you are. The player kind only out for ." 
 
"Uncle! Right now is not a good time. Please think about Yesung." said Kangin immediately. 
 
Mr. Kim sighed and turned away from Siwon. 
 
Siwon fall back on the ground feeling angry, surprised and offended. "For the record sir? I love Yesung. I love your son."
 
Mr. Kim eyed him but made no answer. The aura has gotten a bit tense and dark. An hour later they sat there. Still waiting for the light to turn green. Siwon's worry grew more with the second. If Yesung dies he will go with him and die either. 
 
The uke is the light in his life. He doesn't want to be alone anymore. Heechul's word ring in his ears again. He has only one day left and it's true he's afraid of dying, but his biggest concern is getting seperated from Yesung. 
 
Siwon's shoulders began shaking. Kangin frowned at the action and made Kibum see what's wrong with him. Kibum nodded and placed his hand on Siwon's shoulder to look at his face. As Kibum let go he looked back at Kangin with a woeful expression.
 
Kangin immediately understood and sighed. He stood up and squatted in front of him. "Hey Siwon. Listen, I don't like you but I'm not a heartless man either. I just wanted to let you know that Yesung is very strong and wouldn't give up so fast. So stop crying. I hate it, when people cry."
 
Siwon's sobbing quiet down. He lifted his head and met Kangin's face. He began chuckling. A deep frown appeared on Kangin's forehead. "You actually care for me." said he in teasing tone. 
 
Kangin growled. "I don't." He stood up and sat again. Thereafter the light finally turned green and the surgeon approached them. They stood up to listen to what he had to say.
 
The surgeon smiled at them. "The surgery went well. He has no further complications so all that he need is rest."
 
A big wave of relieve washed over them. 
 
"When can we see him?" asked ms. Kim quickly. 
 
"Right now he is sleeping but he shall be waking up soon. So you are allowed to see him. He's in room 204 C on the second floor. Well than, I shall take my leave. Take care." 
 
They all politely thanked the surgeon and searched for Yesung's current location. 
 
 
****  
 
 
After the other's left, Siwon decided to say, although he didn't have permission. But he didn't care. Those 7 hours of waiting felt terrible. Siwon gently held Yesung's hand. He hasn't woken up yet. Siwon wonders when he will. 
 
Siwon hang his head, thus couldn't see Yesung's face. His tears we're falling from his eyes whilst he tightly holds his lovers hand in his.
 
 "I'm sorry Yesung. It's my fault that you got this accident because of the way I acted. I just wished I had grabbed your wrist right away. Without you, there is no reason for me to be alive. I love you very much. I won't hurt you anymore. I promise." 
 
"Do you really love me?" spoke Yesung's soft voice.
 
Siwon shot his head up and stopped crying as soon as he saw those beautiful brown orbs he was waiting to meet. "Yesung." said he tender. "Yes, I really love you. And you don't have to say it back. It's good enough for me that you know how I feel."
 
Yesung smiled weakly. "You act tough and hard but deep inside you're sentimental."
 
Siwon bit his lower lip nervously.
 
"I secretly like that about you." 
 
Siwon looked surprised at first but soon smiled in affection. "Oh moreover, I just met your parents. They we're here too, with Kangin and Kibum."
 
Yesung nodded. "Do they know about us?"
 
"Yes. I told them. I don't know what your mother thinks but your father definitely hates me."
 
"He hates every man I date. He hated Kangin before either. He will like you once he gets to know you."
 
"No one likes me, except you."
 
"He will."
 
"I don't know. I can't promise I'll be so nice with them as with you."
 
Yesung chuckled a bit but stopped at soon as he saw Siwon's troubled face. "What is wrong?"
 
Siwon looked at him and brushed it off. "Nothing. I'm fine." He couldn't possibly tell what he was thinking. That he won't be able to get another chance to meet his parents because tomorrow will be his last day. 
 
His hands began trembling at the thought and Yesung felt it. His hands we're still holding his. "Siwon are you sure? Your hands are shaking. Are you sick?"
 
Siwon shook his head. "You shouldn't worry over me. I'm fine. So take good care of your health okay?"
 
Yesung nodded and let it go despite the nagging feeling inside his stomach. 
 
 
****
 
 
Siwon's last day had come and he wanted to spend every second with Yesung. 
 
"Is it really okay for you to be here? Don't you have to attend work?"
 
Siwon shook his head and looked at the window. It was snowing again. "Being with you is more important because you are that something I live for. I want to be with you until the end." 
 
"What are you saying Siwon? Are you going overseas or something?"
 
Siwon chuckled and looked back at Yesung. "Not exactly."
 
"Then what?" asked the uke, titling his head.
 
Siwon smiled at his adorable action. "Nothing." said he.
 
"Hm??? What do you mean nothing? Tell what you're thinking."
 
"...Can you promise me something?" 
 
"Hm." nodded Yesung. 
 
Siwon's face turned serious but it stayed soft. "Promise me that you won't forget me, even when I'm gone."
 
Yesung felt his heart pounding in his throat. "Siwon, know you're scaring me a little. Why are you talking as if you're going somewhere?"
 
Siwon shook his head. "I won't." He leaned into him and gently kissed him. "I love you." said he after breaking from the kiss. 
 
Yesung is now filled with worry and guilt. Worry because of Siwon's words and guilty because Siwon is showing so much love towards him and he doesn't return it. "I'm sorry. You we're right about me. I feel as though I'm playing with you."
 
"Don't think that. I should have never said that."
 
"No it's true. You treat me as a real lover while I-"
 
"While you have made me change. I'm really thankful that you did."
 
Yesung underlip began trembling. "I-I-I..."
 
"Stop! You don't have to force yourself. You shouldn't. I want it to come out of heart when you say it."
 
Yesung pulled Siwon into a hug, while the latter smiled and returned the gesture. Then Siwon suddenly began feeling dizzy and weak. He felt as though he was being paralyzed. And the last heartbeat coming from inside was so loud, even Yesung could feel it. 
 
Yesung felt Siwon's body getting heavier with the second until Siwon's arms fell limp down the bed. Yesung shook his body and called out to him, but to no avail. His healing body wasn't strong enough to support him, thus Siwon's upper body fall on Yesung's lap. 
 
"SIWON! SIWON! What's wrong! Why are you like this?!" Yesung panicked and began pressing the emergency button. His tears already stinging his eyes. "Siwon, please don't leave me!"