Chapter 5

Reason For Being
Ha! THE COMMENTS! ;P DONT WORRY. SIWON WAS ONLY TEASING KANGIN TO MAKE HIM JEALOUS. YEWON IS SO DRAMATIC IN HERE. XD WELL ANYWAY ENJOY THIS PIECE ^__^

Kangin widened his eyes, his hands trembling from shock and anger. He raised his right hand but got halted from his intention. 
 
"Are you sure you want to hit me in front of all those people." said he, still whispering.  
 
Kangin froze and regained his composure, thus let his hand fall back. He loathes the man. This was a clear evidence that Siwon is only using Yesung. He feels nothing for him. He backed away, not before shooting him a menacing look and passed him by, purposely bumping his shoulder against his. 
 
Siwon eyed his leaving body with a grimace. 
 
"Siwon. We have to leave for the conference." said his manager impatient. 
 
The latter waved his hand in understanding and walks ahead, his manager following him.
 
"Who was that man?" asked he with much curiosity. 
 
"Oh just a fan." Innocence audible in his voice.
 
 
****
 
 
Yesung, is for the second time seated on the couch in Siwon's residence. And not sitting across, but next to him which Siwon finds really uncomfortable. 
 
"Why are you sitting next to me?" said he, his tone sharp. 
 
Yesung looks at him with question. "I just felt like it." He shrugged. "Why? Does it bother you?"
 
"Yes, you are too close. Shove." He gestured with his hand.
 
Yesung frowned but nonetheless did what he told. "So what is the matter? My boss scolded me when my phone went over. Don't call me when I'm working." said he in a sudden annoyed tone. 
 
"How should I know when you are working or not?" His tone making it sound that he wasn't at fault.
 
Yesung puffed his cheeks. "Don't call me between 9 and 6."
 
He shrugged. "As you wish." replied he in a teasing manner.
 
Yesung glared at him. "Why did you call me anyway?" 
 
Siwon's face turned nasty, as if he smelled something bad. "My parents want to meet you."
 
"Y-your p-p-parents? But how-"
 
"I'm a celebrity. We often don't get any privacy when we're in public. Moreover you know who my father is right?"
 
Yesung nods. "That is what is making me nervous."
 
"Yeah and my mother being the most adored fashion designer, she's very important."
 
Yesung sat agape. "That only makes things worse. And why do they want to meet me? We're not even dating."
 
Siwon decided not to tell what his father things about them. "It's only dinner at my parents house. Stop panicking." 
 
The older man's eyes went wide. "Dinner! Oh goodness they think we're dating." He slapped his hands against his cheeks in worry.
 
Siwon shrugged it off. "So what? We know the truth. Let them be."
 
"I don't feel like going."
 
"You have no choice. Can you honestly decline such an offer from two important people? Besides I said it, so you're going."
 
Yesung swallowed and hang his head low. "Are they strict?" mumbled he.
 
Siwon leant closer to his face. "What! Speak louder I can't hear you." 
 
Yesung raised his head and their lips almost brushed against each other, because Siwon had just leant into him. They quickly turned their heads. Yesung awkwardly cleared his troath while Siwon scratched his head. "I said are they strict."
 
"Oh. Yes. And annoying, and exacting and-"
 
"Okay stop! I don't want to hear more. You're not helping."
 
"That's your loss."
 
For a while there was silence between them. And it wasn't really a pleasant one. 
 
"I saw Kangin this morning."
 
Yesung shot his head up. "And?"
 
"And what?" 
 
"What happened."
 
"Nothing."
 
"Oh." He nodded and looked around the living room. "May I look around?"
 
Siwon stared at him, for so long it made Yesung avert his eyes and shift on the couch. "Go ahead." said he than. 
 
Yesung smiled and began admiring some of the prizes Siwon had won. 
 
"I'll let the maid get us something to drink. What do you want?" said he while calling the maid at the same time.
 
"Whatever you take." He heard an okay from him. He was occupied with a photo album he just found. He began browsing through it. The more he saw the doleful he got. There we're so many pictures of Siwon. And that was the problem, you only saw Siwon, no friends, no family or even pets. Every single picture Siwon was alone. Yesung peeked at him and then quickly turned his head away again. 'He is...he has probably always been alone. Is that the reason he is so bitter towards people? Was I right?'  
 
"What are you doing there?"
 
Yesung jumped up from the loud voice. He slightly turned his head. "I'm just watching this phot-"
 
Siwon abruptly stood up and snatched the album away from his hands. "Don't touch this!" spat he furious.
 
"Sorry."
 
Siwon's underlip began shaking a little. He put the album away and sat back on the couch. 
 
Yesung went to sit either. This time there was more space between the two. "Why are there no pictures of you and friends or family members?" He blurted it out and slapped his hand against his mouth.
 
Siwon made no answer, only staring at the coffee table. His lips tightly pressed together and hands folded together.  
 
"I'm sorry I didn't-"
 
"Mr. Choi? The drinks." A maid interrupted them and placed the drinks on the coffee table an hastily nodded at Yesung in acknowledgement. 
 
When she left Siwon began pouring them the drinks. He handed Yesung his glass and gulped his down in one go. As he reached for his fifth drink, Yesung grabbed his wrist. 
 
"Stop it. You drank enough."
 
"It's not even alcohol! Don't decide things for me!" He pulled himself from him. "I will die soon anyway." mumbled he.
 
"What?"
 
"Nothing."
 
"Siwon look at me."
 
"I don't want to."
 
"Don't act so spoiled. Why are you always so bitter. Are you like this with you friends either?" Again his words blurted out.
 
Siwon stopped drinking and gripped his empty glass tightly. Then he let go and placed the glass on the plateau. "You should leave." 
 
Yesung harshly placed his glass on the table and stood up. "If you keep this up, no one besides your family will come to love you. Consider other people's feelings too." 
 
His words sounded harsh in Siwon's ears but right now he didn't give a damn. "Just leave!"
 
"I am!" yelled Yesung back and hastily left. 
 
Then Siwon noticed Yesung forgot his phone. His melancholy made him sigh and hold the phone in an awkward manner. 
 
 
****
 
 
Yesung slammed his front door and wanted go to bed directly, but there was an unexpected visitor. Or should I say visitors. 
 
"Oh brother! Finally you're back. Come play the Xbox with us!" 
 
Kibum's high pitched voice made him squint his eyes. Then he looked at Kangin who eyed him in curiosity. 
 
"Why did you slam the door?" 
 
Yesung made no answer and growled while throwing his shoes of and heading for a seat. When he reached for his pocket he noticed his phone was gone. "Darn it! I must have forgotten it at his house."
 
"Who's?" asked Kibum, they eyed Yesung still unanswered. 
 
"Who do you think." spat he in disgust. 
 
"Choi Siwon's! You went to his house?!" said he shocked.
 
"It's not his first time though." replied Kibum. 
 
Kangin looked at him then back at his brother. 
 
"He's such a jerk! I don't understand why I wanted to befriend him. He's so stubborn and never lets me in."
 
"I told you. It's better you stay away from him baby."
 
"Hey Kangin, stop giving Yesung those names. You aren't together anymore."
 
The big guy held him in a headlock and rubbed his head with his knuckles. Kibum screamed for him to stop and managed to escape from his grip. 
 
"You should stop coming uninvited. I have work tomorrow. Go home."
 
"Huh?! But we want to stay here." said they in unison. 
 
"Besides, tell me more about you and Siwon. Are you really giving up on him?" 
 
Yesung glared at Kibum. "I was never intending to date him. He just awakened my curiosity. I'm not interested in a man such as him."
 
"Then come back to me."
 
"Kangin!" scolded the brothers.
 
"I'm serious." mumbled he.
 
"So am I."
 
"Then what about the two week vacation to China? Is that canceled now?" asked he hopeful.
 
"Heck no! I'm going. And I'm sure Siwon would drag me with him even if I declined. Plus he's paying."
 
Kibum's mouth fell open. "You're going on a vacation! With Siwon! For two weeks! For free!!"
 
"You bet."
 
"AH!! You are so lucky!"
 
Yesung smirked. 
 
"Ho wait! Just now you said all those things about disliking him but your still planning to go on a vacation with him?!" 
 
"Hello! Didn't you hear what brother said! His offer is irresistible." stated Kibum. 
 
Kangin shook his head. "Incomprehensible."
 
 
****
 
 
Yesung was busy serving a table crowded with a large group of people, that he didn't notice another client taking a seat for himself. High pitched squeals and gasps filled the restaurant. Nonetheless he pays no mind to it and goes to the counter when his boss approaches a familiar figure. Yesung almost dropped his things and pretended not to have seen him. Now and then they glanced at him. Then his boss went over to him. 
 
"Yesung serve that man over there a nice cafe latte. He seems bothered and spoke somewhat irritated and insisted that you'd serve him."
 
"But I'm busy with another order."
 
"Let Yoona take it over. No go on."
 
Yesung bit back the words he wanted to say and made the cafe latte. 
 
A couple minutes later he walked over to his table and placed his coffee on the table. He wanted to leave but his firm hand stopped him. "Can we talk?" asked he, almost sad.
 
"I'm working. I told you not to bother me between 9 and 6." replied he blunt.
 
The man's touch loosened. "I'm not the only one who's stubborn."
 
"I have no appetite for a talk with you."
 
"And after work?"
 
"Still."
 
The man growled. "Why are you so difficult!"
 
"Keep it down! Don'tt disturb any customers. And now that I think of it. How do you know where I work?"
 
"Your phone. I saw a list of contacts. I know, I shouldn't infringe your privacy. But that was the only way I could know where." He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and handed it to him. 
 
Yesung took it. "Siwon-"
 
"I'll drink up my coffee."
 
Yesung only stared and before he walked away Siwon couldn't let it pass. "So you work in a restaurant huh. Very beggarly."
 
Yesung clenched his teeth at the insult. 
 
"But... that shows how hardworking you are." 
 
Yesung blankly stared at him and walked away hearing the words: "I'll wait."