02

One kiss

"Hi Yuri!" Kai was the one who grabbed and bring into the side.

I actually thought that he went into the states because his parents are planning to moved there but I was shock when I saw him. He's pretty popular because he's the main dancer of the Dance club and when he dances; it feels like we're in paradise. Seriously..

"K-kai.. what are you doing here? I thought you were in states together with your family." I replied and pushed his hands away from me.

Kai is Luhan's cousin. He's more cruel than Luhan.. Just kidding.

"Well I don't wanna go to states and study there. I want to stay here with you.. All of you." Kai smiled.

One of the sweetest smile that I've ever seen except for Luhan. Luhan contains the sweetest and creepiest smile.

"That's good since if you leave Luhan will be lonely.." I poked his side.

As our conversation starts to get deeper, my coach called me saying that were about to start the game. I pushed Kai away from the gym and headed in. I never thought that I could talk to Kai like that, he's the guy who you can tell secret to and will never spill it out. Not only that, he's one of the playboys in the school. Last year, Kai has 3 girlfriends at the same time but just a while ago he confessed to me that he changed and learned to respect one's feeling. He also promised me that I'll never see him again flirting with a girl. I don't know why he's telling this to me but it's ok.

 

****

 

During our class in English, our teacher informed us that there will be an unannounced this quiz or maybe next week. All of my classmates starts to borrow each other's notebook; why? because they never listened to our teacher and copied lectures from her. Luckily, I'm not that kind of girl who's not copying and listening to my teacher.

After our class, it's Lunch time. As I was arranging my things inside my locker, Luhan's cousin- Kai again disturbed me. He kept talking to me and I was just looking at him pretending to listen but the truth is my mind is floating and cannot understand a thing.

"Let's go to cafeteria, okay?" I cut him off before he could start another weird topic.

The previous topic/story that he told me was his feet got stuck under his bed and couldn't get out. His mouth won't stop talking unless I cut him off but the thing is the words that were coming out from his mouth weren't that important; or in other words nonsense.Me and Kai walked into the cafeteria, while walking he still can't stop talking.. I should have not invite him to go with me. 

"Luhan! You're cousin is stubborn. I'm done!" I whispered as I sat next to him. 

"I know he's weird but girls love him." I laugh at the statement that he said.

Tiffany was catching her breath when she called me out of nowhere. She was running onto us; we don't even know she can run like a horse. 

"Y-yoona is... transferring..." She said and grabbed a bottle of water on our table. I looked at Luhan who was directly looking on the table. I know that he's sad after what happened yesterday.

"Luhan.. you should talk to her now." I hold his hands.

 

****

 

A month passed by, our competetion is just around the corner. Us, volleyball player stayed up till night just to improve our skills and for the 4 consecutive years of winning. I don't have time for classes so, I always ended up copying notes from my bestfriends who were at the same level as mine. Tiffany was the only one who wasn't active in sports unlike me and Luhan who were varsity of our respective sports. She was a member of SBO of our school; the one who organize the activities on our school plus, the officers or rulers on our school. 

"Yuri, I'm really hoping that we could win the championship." Kai gave me a snack because he could see me practicing hard for the championship. 

Lately, Kai has been sticking and hanging around me. When I need something he was the one who's gonna get it but I really don't understand what does he want in return. I always ask him what does he want but he was always just smiling. 

"Kai. I think you should go home now. It's getting late and we still need to practice, you don't have to wait for me." I gave him the  permission to go but still he wouldn't go. 

He's such a stubborn guy...

 

****

Weeks passed by and the moment of truth have arrived. Tomorrow will be the championship match and I'm really excited but nervous at the same time. Just like yesterday, Kai is always waiting for me to go home and he will carry and helpme with my bags. 

"Yul, be careful for tomorrow's match. If I were you.. I wouldn't play." Kai revealed.

"What?" was all I could reply.

"N-nothing.. bye and goodluck for tomorrow." Kai kissed my cheeks and went home. 

All of a sudden, my world stops and my heart starts to beat fast. His kiss.

 

****

Kai's P.O.V

FLASHBACK;

I was walking to the gym to see what Yuri was doing when I heard Yoona's voice. I saw her talking over the phone, I'm not sure if it's her father but  since her phone's speaker was aloud I could hear their conversation. 

"Yes. I will transfer and you should put me into the team immediately." Yoona stated.

"by the way doctor, call the number that I will sent to you later. Tell her that her mother was at the hospital." she added.

Who's her? Question starts to fly on my mind, figuring who Yoona is talking to. Yuri walked out of the gym and both of them were talking. Yoona is crying while Yuri is just staring at her, I can sense that there is something between them but I don't wanna know about it so, I just hide there and wait for Yoona to go. 

 

****

I saw Yoona in other school which is our rival. She was talking to the Principal of that school while walking around the campus. I started to smell something fishy since yesterday so, I always follow Yoona whenever I have time. 

"trust me.. We can defeat the Seoul National University." She said as she headed out of the rival of our school. 

End of flashback and end of Kai's P.O.V.

 

****

Audience starts to enter the arena where the competetion will be held. Each person have merchandise from both school while some are just waving their banner. Inside the court, SNU volleyball players starts to warm up while Chung-An school aren't on the court. They are still on the room. 

All of the SNU students are there to support their school especially, the cousin Kai & Luhan who are cheering for Yuri. Tiffany couldn't attend the game because something came up important about her family. 

Yuri gets a ball to practice her serve. Her serve was perfect, her position, her timing and the way she threw the ball. It is just a warm up but the whole Arena are making too much noises to the point that all of the person who are inside couldn't hear what the mc's are saying. 

"And now please welcome.. the Chung-An University who are challenging the SNU." One of the mc introduced them and the whole arena went crazy. 

Chung-An university volleyball players starts to enter the arena wearing hoodies. Yuri shifted her gaze to one of the players who are wearing hoodies. "she seems familiar..." she thought.

SNU's coach call the attention of her players and discuss something. Yuri run into her coach as she listens very carefully to the instruction. 3 more minutes before the actual game begin Yuri's phone suddenly ring. 

"Hello?" Yuri greeted.

"Hi. I'm a doctor from Busan hospital and an old lady is happen to be on a comma. And her name is Mrs. Kwon. I scan her phone and saw that your number is here so I called you."

Yuri couldn't actually believe what's happening. She wanted to go out of the arena and be with her mother but she can't. Half of heart says that she needs to stay. Tears are forming on her eyes right now.. she knows that she will not be able to be on Busan. Suddenly, the buzzer rings. Signaling that the game is starting.

"Yuri! Game is starting focus! Focus!"

Yuri is one of the first 6 players to play on the first set. She was at the center and the one who's in charge of blocking. SNU's coach noticed that her best player who is Yuri doesn't play as much as like when theyare practicing. She seems to be disturbed. Her focus is lost because of the call made by the doctor. 

On the other hand, Luhan and Kai is been shouting Yuri's name many times just to cheer her up but it doesn't change anything. The game is now on the set 3 and SNU is down by 2 sets  which means they need to win this set so that they extend it to a 5th set. She hasn't been playing well up until now. 

Chung-An University is just 5 points away for grabbing the championship. Their coach subs one of the players. As the new player enters the court, all could Yuri do is just to stare at the girl who is in front of her. The girl who ruined her name before-Yoona. She transferred to their rival school just get a revenge from her. Yoona knows how important this championship to Yuri so, she really do her best just take that away from her. 

"Yoona..." she said under her breathe. In just 10 minutes, Yoona made 4 points already that brings their team into a set point. SNU who is just 2 points away from them is now nervous and scared of losing. It's now Yuri's turn to serve and once she fails to do it.. Chung-An will win. She gets a ball and focuses on it as soon as the whistle blows...

 

****

 

"It's okay.. don't worry. There will be next time."