Chapter 8

I'm With You

Spring came around soon enough, and the snow began to melt, causing lots of mud around. On my way to class one spring day, I was pushed from behind landing in a puddle. Turning around I saw Jessica, staring really coldly at me that it gave me the creeps for once. It was only her, and by the looks of it she was not having a good day.

“Stupid counselor came up to me the other day” she stared at her perfect manicure. “She said that I should maybe come and see her, since I’ve been taking my ‘frustration’ out on other students”. she squatted down and leaned in close, “you wouldn’t happen to know anything about that, would you?”. I shook my head and she smirked. “Good. I’d hate for something to happen to you before Graduation”

Graduation was really just around the corner. Key and I had always planned to go with each other, and be each other’s date. Now it was different though, because Key was asked by Kim Jonghyun, and although he acts like he hates him, I knew deep down that maybe he really did want to go with him. I kept pushing him to go with Jonghyun, but he’d make up some lame excuse about not wanting to go. All my friends had their dates, and I was contemplating on staying home, but my friends had told me otherwise. They were still trying to convince me to go dress shopping with them. They had their picks but need help dwindling down the selection and finally choosing the right one.

“I hope no one has asked you to the dance yet. I’d hate for the wrong boy to take you. After all, you deserve the best” she winked at me and then stood up fixing her uniform. I felt a hand scoop under my armpit and hoist me up. I looked to my side to see Donghae glaring at her, and Jessica was equally shocked, and angry.

“Go away Jessica” she scoffed crossing her arms and shifting her weight.

“I was only asking if she was alright. No need to be so hostile baby” Donghae looked at me for an answer and I gave him none, I just looked away.

“Right, and don’t call me that. Not after what you did” I felt him become tense and grit his teeth. Eunhyuk and Leeteuk had said that Jessica had been cheating on him, when Donghae was so in love with her. His friends had tried to tell him not to be so sold on her, but Donghae said that he could see a family with her. That was until he came to her house and saw her having some session with Kim JaeJoong. He quickly pulled JaeJoong off her and helped her out, only to be slapped in the face saying that he was giving her pleasure and not hurting her. Leeteuk quoted, “He’s been giving me more than your sorry emotional has been”. Then he told her it was over, but for a week after Jessica acted like nothing had happened in their relationship, until Donghae blew up at her in the chemistry lab. It was the same day I had found him crying on the roof. “I suggest you leave now Jessica”

“Hmph, just make sure your stupid friend doesn’t spread any more lies from ” she tossed her hair behind her and walked away.

“Damn, I better call Key. He’ll probably have extra clothes for you” he whipped out his cellphone.

“No it’s fine, I have hip hop anyway til the end of the day. With you remember? And how do you have Key’s number?”

“He gave it to me incase this happened and he wasn’t around.” I gave a small laugh and shook my head at Key.

“It’s fine, let’s just not be late for class. Eunhyuk will kill us” Donghae chuckled.

“Why did we let him be group leader anyways?” I laughed as we both walked off to our class.

*

“Alright, is you get 30 minutes to warm up and practice your choreography before presenting it. Remember this is the last thing that will majorly count for your grade. Final showcase will only count for a small portion, seeing as not all of you will participate.” Mr. Lee spoke over the music that was on for warm ups and everyone started splitting up. Today we had to present two projects, our group choreography and our solo choreography. For the groups, we had our names picked out of a hat and I was lucky to be with Donghae, Eunhyuk, two girls named Amber and Victoria. I wasn’t worried at all for our group, we had good chemistry and Eunhyuk was really strict when it came to dance, so we had it in the bag. I was just super nervous for my solo. I had worked after school with Eunhyuk and his girlfriend Hyoyeon sometimes and tried my best, but I knew dancing wasn’t my strength. They always told me I did great, but I just looked awkward. During the thirty minutes, we mostly did group work and ran over our solos near the end all by ourselves, and soon the thirty minutes was up.

“Hey Jae, you’ll do great. Don’t be nervous” Donghae gave me a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder and we sat down with the rest of the class. I was pretty sure everyone noticed the blush on my face.

Tiffany was with Yuri, Jaejoon, with Jessica’s younger sister, Krystal, and another guy named Yoochun. We felt bad because every time she tried to be nice they’d shut her down. Jessica’s younger sister was one of the prodigy kids, being accepted before Jessica, because no matter what she did, it was executed with flawlessness. She was so advanced that she took a majority of her performing arts class with a grade higher. Their group dance had a really good y feel vibe, which Tiffany rocked, but you could still kinda see she was uncomfortable with some of the movement. After a couple groups, including Key’s, it was my group’s turn to do our street hip hop inspired routine. We went for the feel of the evolution of hip hop, showing how dance has changed over the years. The response seemed really good, but Mr. Lee never gave out comments right then and there. He would jot down notes, and you had to seem him personally for critique. It was his way of knowing that you are dedicated.

Next up was the solo presentation. The part of the day I had been dreading the most. Halfway through Key’s solo, Ms. Kwon entered the studio and quietly walked over to Mr. Lee, politely waiting until the routine was over to speak with him. Both faculty members excused them self from the room for about five minutes, and Mr. Lee walked back  in and resumed the solos not a second too short. Next thing I knew, it was my turn. It felt like all eyes were watching me as I got up and walked to the speaker to plug in my ipod. I stumbled a bit and heard Yuri giggle, and blushed knowing that everyone must’ve seen my clumsiness. Mr. Lee waited patiently with that emotionless face that he always had when marking students. Eunhyuk gladly started my iPod for me and I began the routine I had practiced. I danced hip hop to an slow R & B song, and the whole time, I could only think of Yunho. For a moment in time, he was the only one standing in the room with me, leaning up against the mirror like he always would, arms crossed and a smile on his face in those blue sweat pants and grey muscle shirt. I began to just have fun and to let go and be loose, because in that moment I knew he wasn’t judging me, he was just watching proudly. As I finished my routine, I saw him clapping for me, smiling as big as he could and clapping. I stood up strait and fixed my clothes, looking back up to my surroundings brought me back to reality. All the faces watching me were very shocked, and the one sound of clapping was coming from Donghae. Then the friends that I had in the class started clapping and the others did in respect as well. It surprised me to see Krystal clapping for me and her smile reached her eyes, while Yuri seemed to be in shock and everyone else around her was clapping. I became the shy embarrassed blushing me again and scurried back to my spot, avoid all eye contact, and just accepting the pat on the back from Eunhyuk. I went home later that night to blog about my day.

Bing! 1 New Notification

EastSeaNemo86 has commented on your blog

‘you must be a great dancer in order to shut up the girl making fun of you ^^’