Chapter 13

I'm With You

Donghae and I were in the emergency waiting room. To anyone else, I looked like a statue, but Donghae held me close, rubbing my arm from time to time. After he called for the ambulance, he took my phone and called my Dad and Key. My dad went to pick up Key from Tiffany’s, and were on the way.

“J. J., it’s gonna be alright. You said so yourself, your mom was healthy and happy. It might’ve been stress or fatigue or something” I knew Donghae was trying to comfort me, but this whole event was bringing back memories I’ve already moved on from.

“Yeah well that’s what I thought about Yunho!” it wasn’t fair for me to yell at him. Nor was it fair for me to shrug off his comforting arm in such a rude manner.

“Jae!” I heard my dad’s voice call out to me and rushed to him. I buried myself into his chest and let out all the tears I had been holding in. In truth I was terrified. I didn’t want a repeat of what happened so long ago.

 

“Yunho, I’m home!” I called out into the house as I opened the door. He popped out at the top of the stairs, dressed in his blue track pants and black muscle shirt, pencil tucked behind his right ear.

“Hey Jae, how was-“ all of a sudden his body became rigid, eyes rolling to the back, he was convulsing. His jaw locked and he came tumbling down the stairs. Everything was happening to slowly, and I couldn’t move. Yunho was at the bottom of the stair case now, still convulsing.

“Yunho!” I called out his name and dashed towards him, pulling out my phone to call for an ambulance right away. I started to panic as he held his breath, and was still tense and not conscious. I clenched onto his arm terrified of what was happening.

 

“May I please see Mrs. Jung Eunae’s family?” the doctor walked into the emergency waiting room, clip board in hand searching for us. We all walked over to see the doctor, as I held tightly onto my dad and recognized the doctor. He once was there to help treat Yunho. “Mr. Jung, please do not be alarmed it’s nothing serious” I felt my dad’s muscles ease up a bit. “She has just fainted from exhaustion. With a little more sleep and rest, she’ll be fine. In fact you are able to take her home after we do some X-rays just as a precaution” My dad thanked the doctor, as we all sat down again.

“Donghae, you can go home now. I’m sure your mother is worried about you” I had completely forgotten about him.

“It’s fine. I sent her a message of where I was and what was going on. She knows I won’t be home til late. Did you guys want me to grab some coffee from the vending machine?” Donghae stood up stretching a bit.

“I’ll go with you” Key jumped up and went off with Donghae to the vending machine.

“Your mom is alright Jae. You heard the doctor. It’s okay, we would’ve known if it was something else” My dad had a point. We were tight knit and we now knew signs of any tumor. I finally let go of the arm I had been clenching so tight. The two returned with caffeine in both hands for the both of us, and Donghae handed me mine. We all sat there quietly, each of us doing our own things. My dad was taking a power nap, and the other two were on their phones. Key got up when an incoming call came to his phone, leaving my sleeping dad and the two of us together. I saw Donghae put his cup down and put his phone away, getting more comfortable in his chair, his eyes slowly drooping from time to time. I felt like I should apologize, but I was afraid he was holding his feelings about it inside. Then again I deserved to be blown up on.

“Hey, Donghae. You should go home now. Before you get any tired and won’t be able to drive home safely” Key disturbed me from my deep thoughts.

“Are you sure? My house is only a ten minute drive from here, not too far.” Key shook his head gently with a smile.

“Yes, thanks for your concern though. You ought to get home, be with your mom” Donghae nodded and stretched once again.

“i-I’ll walk you out” Donghae was surprised, and Key didn’t say anything, he just sat back down. I started ahead of Donghae, and heard his footsteps catching up to me. We walked side by side in silence, while the entire time I was trying to find a right way to start the conversation. The one door to the double door entry to the parking lot was jammed and I bumped into him trying to go through. “Sorry”

“It’s fine J.J. Ladies first” he gestured me with a soft smile on his face. From that point on he led the way to his car. It wasn’t too far from the entrance and it was a little off to the right, so I knew I could make my way back without getting lost or anything. Before he got into his car he opened his arms, not knowing if I wanted a hug or not. Hesitantly, I took up his offer and wrapped my arms around him. Nothing was said during that time, and after bit, we let go of each other and said goodnight. I didn’t stay to watch him drive off I just walked straight back to where my dad and Key were. When I arrived, my dad was awake, reading the paper, and Key was taking up three seats while lying down playing games on his phone. I sat down across from Key, and decided to go onto my phone. I saw the message Donghae had sent me earlier before all of this.

Bing!

Message from Hae~

‘My user name is EastSeaNemo86’