The Girl with the Golden Voice part 4

Haunted House on Strawberry Hill Street: The Girl with the Golden Voice

Hi Guys! I reuploaded part 4! Comment and subscribe if you liked my story!

Girl with the Golden Voice

(Part Four)

 

            Chinen sat on his chair and looked out the window. His gaze was fixed upon the horizon while his mind was in deep thought. His solitude was later on disturbed by the robust yelling of Sungmin and his friends who had just entered the classroom. He shrugged off the annoyance he felt towards the boy instead he looked at the girl who was seated not far from him. For a brief second their eyes met and he felt a thunderbolt ran through his body. He was about to react when Yama-chan pulled his earlobe causing him to shout at his brother in irritation. Yama-chan merely taunted him with his signature pig face. He smacked Yama-chan in the forehead as he yelled “Pig!” at his brother in French. Then he noticed how the girls would look at him tearfully as if he was about to die or something. This greatly bothered him.

            “Idiot. Have you forgotten how you told them that you and Sica-neechan are dating?” Yamada told telepathically.

            “Oh forgot.” He answered back with a sigh. That was why his female classmates and even his schoolmates hardly approached him these days. He sat back in a relaxed manner and continued to look out the window; his thoughts earlier occupied his mind. He glanced towards Sungmin and then looked out again at the window. He pondered on his thoughts.

            “She would get hurt.” He said in a voice barely audible but Yamada heard what he said.

            “Hey dwarf you and Miss Lee have been spending a lot of time together recently.” Yamada said to him in his mind.

“Yeah what about it? And its Miss Nakamaru now not Lee.” he answered back.

            “Earth to my baby brother she has a boyfriend!” Yamada said as he hit Chinen in the head with a notebook.

            “In case you haven’t noticed my PIG of a brother me and Sunny-kun are just friends!” he told his brother telepathically while he pinched Yamada’s cheeks.

            “Friends?! Friends your face I know that look Chinen you’re falling for her! And since when have you started becoming that intimate with her. Sunny-kun really?” he said again in his mind as he freed his cheeks from Chinen’s grasp.

            “So what if I am? My love life is none of your business Ryosuke! I have never once meddled with your womanizing.” he retorted back.

            “I’m just warning you bro she’s human she’s not like your other girlfriends. If you break her heart it would leave a very nasty scar. If you are just going to break it then don’t play with it.” Yamada said in a serious tone.

            “I know. Hurting her is the last thing I want to do.” He answered as he drifted his eyes at the scenery outside once again. The trees were in full bloom and the flowers were beautiful in the sun. But his heart was filled with a different kind of sunshine one that took the form of a girl with blonde hair and beautiful smiling eyes.

 

            He and Yamada were about to leave the room when he heard Sunny’s voice calling out to him. He glanced back and saw her approach then Sungmin blocked her way. He felt anger rush over him he wanted to beat Sungmin to a pulp. Yamada placed his hand over his shoulder. He felt Yamada’s hand gripped him harder unnoticed by humans of course. He tried to drown it out, his anger and the intense throbbing of his head.

            “Sunnybuns I have just noticed how you are spending so much time with Akanishi-san recently.” Sungmin said in an annoyed manner. Chinen clenched his fist.

            “We’re busy with our science project!” Sunny said annoyed.

            “Hey pig let me interfere just this once.” He told his brother in a whisper.

            “Let her handle this on her own Dwarf.” Yama-chan told him through his mind.

            It was about to get complicated for Sunny and Sungmin so their friends came in the picture. Sunny’s friends pulled her and beckoned her to go with them and have lunch. Sungmin’s friends followed them but before that Sungmin looked at him extremely angry. He and Yamada merely sneered at him and exited the room. Yamada was of course barricaded by girls as they made their way out. They reached the crowded cafeteria where girls squealed in delight upon seeing them. They spotted their sister and their two cousins. They greeted them happily.

            “Seororo have you missed nichan?” Chinen said jubilantly.

            “Seobaby nichan missed you!” Yamada said. Their little sister both gave them hugs. He pinched Yoona’s cheeks and greeted her. Sooyoung whined when they ruffled her hair.

            “Oppa! Do I look like a dog?! Eish my hair its ruined.” Sooyoung complained. He and Yamada both chuckled and said in chorus.

            “Would you rather we pinched your cheeks?!” They both made an attempt to attack her with their pinches when Sooyoung yelled.“NO its fine!” and then ducked to avoid them.

             They sat in front of their female companions and took out their lunch boxes. Yamada left his lunch box all laid out then dashed to the canteen to buy more food for himself. He glanced at Sooyoung and Yoona’s table and was shocked when Sooyoung’s side wasn’t filled to the brim.

            “Soo-chan are you ill?” He said as he inspected her food.

            “Don’t get her wrong oppa. Unnie ate before we came here.” Yoona said rather sourly then made a face at her sister. Seohyun laughed while he looked confused. Were they fighting?

            “Whoah you two had a fight?” he asked them he had never once seen his cousins fight. Yoona and Sooyoung had always been as thick as thieves.

            “Of course it’s normal for them to have a disagreement nichan.” Seohyun said in a relax manner while the two continued their cold war.

            “We fight sometimes oppa you just don’t notice.” Yoona said. Sooyoung was quiet.

            “So what did you fight about?” he asked as he eyed both of them.

            Yoona quickly turned to Sooyoung and said in a very cross manner.

            “Unnie went to a food sale all by herself without telling ME!”

            Sooyoung interrupted her and said desperately “Well what do you expect me to do it was a once in a lifetime chance to eat those special SASHIMI!”.

            “You should have called me UNNIE! YOU ATE OUT ON YOUR OWN!” Yoona said in a half sob.

            “I brought some back for you remember?!!” Sooyoung yelled out in frustration.

            “AFTER YOU ATE A DOZEN OF IT! Plus you only brought back ONE PARCEL!” Yoona retorted tearfully then turned her back on her sister. He and Seohyun looked at them in awe.

            “Unnies…” Seohyun said pleadingly afterwards.

            Sooyoung sulked in her seat while Yoona ignored her. Yamada came back with his arms fully loaded with food. He was surprised by the cold atmosphere of the table.

            “Did something happen?” He asked as he struggled to have himself seated while he carried his purchases. It took him a while to arrange the food he bought then he nudged Chinen and demanded he relay to him what happened. Chinen told him about the food sale incident to which Yamada only nodded as if he fully understood.

            “Soo-chan that wasn’t very nice of you.” He told Sooyoung.

            “Oppa!” Sooyoung said in disagreement then pouted.

            “Glutton friends rule number one bring the same amount of the food that you ate since you went out on your own without telling her/them.” Yamada said matter-of-factly.

            “See even oppa remembers that rule UNNIE!” Yoona said angrily. Sooyoung sulked in her seat after Yoona gave her the cold silent treatment.

            Chinen was taken aback by his cousin’s petty argument about food. Yamada heard his thoughts and told him through telepathy.  “It’s not petty Dwarf.” Yamada said in a serious tone. “For us gluttons eating out alone on your own without inviting your glutton friend is an act of betrayal!”

            Chinen shook his head in disbelief. They really loved food didn’t they? He could never understand them no matter how he tried. He slumped on his seat then felt as if someone was staring at him. He turned to his right and spotted Sunny glancing his way. He smiled and waved at her she smiled back and acknowledge him with a nod. Seohyun saw his action and immediately asked.

            “Nichan who was that?” She said without any malice. Yamada looked at him persecutingly.

            “Oh that was Sunny-kun Seororo. She is my partner in my science project.” He said happily.

            “A partner who has a boyfriend.” Yamada said annoyed.

            “Hey Pig what the heck is your problem? What part of science partner do you not get?!” he stated in an obviously pissed manner.

            “You guys are too close!” Yamada rebutted.

            “And what the heck is wrong with that so I’m not allowed to have friends now?!” his voice rose as he said this.

            “What is wrong with them being close Yama-nichan there is nothing wrong with them being friends.” Seohyun said in his defense.

            “But Seobaby!” Yamada said.

            “The problem here Yama-nichan is the fact that you are putting malice into their relationship.” Seohyun said matter-of-factly which caused Yamada to shut up.

            “Oppa case closed.” Sooyoung said as she patted Yamada’s shoulder. Yamada acknowledge his wrong judgment and conceded defeat. Later on Seohyun talked to him in his mind.

            “So is she the girl nichan bought to okasan’s cafe the other week?” Seohyun asked as she smiled.

            “Seororo nichan bought two of his friends to okasan’s cafe.” He answered dumfounded at her question. He never expected Seororo to know about that date.

            “I know nichan. The other girl you bought was a freshman like me right? I heard Lulu-chan imprinted on her is that true?” Seohyun said as she ate her salad.

            “Yes Seororo.” He said sighing. One of his problems smacked him in the face yet again. Melody and Luhan and their imprinting business. He had never in his right mind expected that his lycan of a cousin would imprint on one of his friends, least of all Melody.

            “So is Sunny-chan the first girl you brought to the café?” Seohyun said happily as if in a trance.

            “Yes Seororo.” He said as he looked at Sunny who seemed to be playing with her food.

            “I thought so that’s good she seems nice.” Seohyun said in bliss.

            “Wait a minute why are you so curious?” He asked. His little sister wasn’t always this curious when it came to girls. Especially the girls he hanged out with.

            “Oh nothing except that okasan really likes her. Don’t be shocked if okasan sets up an arranged marriage between you two.”  Seohyun said causing him to choke on his food. Yamada looked at him weirdly while Sooyoung and Yoona also stared at him.

            “Okasan likes her?! Like okasan okasan???!”He almost yelled in shock. When he said okasan he was referring to his mother’s female form. His okasan never approved of his girlfriends.

            “Who does okasan like?” Yamada asked in confusion even Sooyoung and Yoona were also puzzled.

            “Sunny oneesan. As it happens okasan became very fond of her.” Seohyun said happily. “I have to be friends with her because okasan said she has every plan of making her nichan’s bride.”

            Sooyoung and Yoona squealed in delight while Yamada patted his back. He was on the verge of choking but for some weird reason he felt like he was on cloud nine. His okasan finally approved of a girl he liked…

 

            Luhan slumped on his bed in aggravation. His mother and brothers had placed him under house arrest. He was not to leave the premises of their home for frost knows how long. It wasn’t his fault but why were they treating him as if he had committed a crime? He didn’t imprint on Yuri-nichan’s friend on purpose! If only they knew how much he was hurting right now maybe they would understand, on second his brother’s would never understand since they had never imprinted. He curled into a ball in his bed as he felt the intense stabbing pain near his chest. Not being near her was killing him, he felt as if he was losing his mind. His clenched his fist into a ball and started beating his chest in hopes of easing the pain.

            His head throbbed with pain while his body was aching intensely. He needed to see her, to talk to her, to be with her. He heard his door open and he saw his mother enter the room followed by his oldest brother Suho. He yelled in anger and was prepared to attack even his own family if it meant that he could get away from this inferno that caged him.

            “Luhan stop it!” his mother yelled while his brother shielded his mother from his attacks. His other siblings came in and restraint him.

            “Luhan get yourself together!” His brother Chen told him as they held him down by pinning him to the ground.

            “None of you UNDERSTAND! NONE OF YOU WILL EVER UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM FEELING!” he yelled angrily at them.

            “Luhan son of course I understand!” his mother told him.

            “NO YOU WOULD NEVER UNERSTAND MOTHER! YOU ARE NOT BORN LIKE US YOU HAVE NEVER IMPRINTED! YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I AM HURTING RIGHT NOW!!!!!”         He yelled at his mother with a voice full of rage. His mother looked at him tearfully. His siblings hit him in anger.

            “Luhan how could you talk to our mother that way?!!” Kai yelled at him.

            “NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAND! I swear if you guys ever imprint on someone I WILL LET YOU UNDERGO THE SAME TORTURE YOU ARE PUTTING ME THROUGH!!!!!”

            He heard his mother tell his siblings to let him go and that they should leave him alone in his room. They closed the door behind him and he charged towards it only to be thrown back in immense force. He fell to the ground in pain. He laid there in tears as he fought back the monster that was threatening to consume him.

            “If dad was alive he wouldn’t do this to me.” He said in between his sobs. His siblings on the other side of the door heard every word he said. His mother sat on the couch and let out the tears she had been suppressing.

            “This isn’t right. We should’t be keeping him locked up like this!” Sehun complained to his brothers his heart ached seeing Luhan in such a state.

            “You saw him Sehun he cannot be allowed to leave the house until he has calmed down. Who knows what he would do to that girl?!” Chen said to his brother.

            “I can’t believe he would act like this, that he could treat mom like that!” Kai said angrily.

            “It’s not his fault Kai he is not himself today!” Kris chided his younger brother.

            “Still!” Kai said. Kai couldn’t just let Luhan’s actions towards their own mother slide like that.

            “Stop judging him Kai we don’t know what he is going through right now!” Suho told his brother crossly. “Our brother is hurting can’t you see that? Do you think he asked for this?”

            All of them became quiet even Kai. Lay entered the room all the attention was diverted to him.

            “Lay son what did your uncle say?” Their mother asked Lay.

            “He said that he will visit us tonight in his female form.” Lay informed them. His mother sighed in relief if there was one thing about her only sibling that fascinated her it was his ability to change his form, though this was all accidental she knew that her brother’s female form knew more about the supernatural that she could ever understand.

            Chanyeol stared at Luhan’s bedroom and wished with all his heart that his brother would return to normal.

            Luhan crouched on the floor he could hear his own heartbeat as if it were a marching band floating around his head. One thought lingered upon his whole system, it involves a certain girl with copper skin and a bright smile.

            “Melody…” he mumbled as he tried to assess where he was and even who he was.

 

            Chinen trudged through the path as he followed his siblings towards the family cemetery. He had a talk with D.O when he got home from school, his cousin informed him of Luhan’s state. He really felt bad about all that was happening to his cousin. He and Luhan had been very close and he often treats that cousin of his as a baby brother he never had. He knew it was his entire fault this was happening to him. He wanted to visit his cousin but his parents had reprimanded him they told him that Luhan was not in a stable condition at the moment. He followed his siblings like a zombie his mind was wholly occupied by the two problems that he found himself in. One was Luhan’s condition the other would be his feelings toward Sunny, he was losing it, and he merely wanted to get even with Sungmin. He never expected to fall in love with Sunny, now he was chest deep in love. He nearly tripped but his Keito-nisan grabbed him just in time and saved him from major embarrassment.

            “You ok Yuri-chan?” his older brother asked him as they walked side by side.

            “Yeah nichan I’m fine.” He lied.

            “Is this about Luhan?” his Keito-nisan interrogated him obviously seeing past his lie.

            “It’s all my fault.” He said very depressed.

            “And why is it your fault, believe me Luhan would forever be grateful to you because you helped him find his other half.” His nichan said full of wisdom.

            “How can he get near her if he is in the state that he is now?” He asked as he sighed heavily.

            “Aunty has handled the whole situation wrongly and so have you and our cousins. You should have let him approach the girl in the first place.” His Keito-nisan said gravely.

            “What if he hurts her?!!”Chinen blurted out.

            “He would never hurt her Yuri-chan, would you hurt Sunny? Don’t think that onichan doesn’t know. Our youngest has finally allowed himself to love again.” His nichan said as he ruffled Chinen’s hair.

            “Nichan…”He said blushing. His cousin Jessica came from behind them and gave him a tight hug.

            “Who has fallen in love?” Jessica-neechan said sweetly.

            “Our Yuri-chan.” Keito-nichan said as they both ruffled his hair.

            “Aigoo our baby Yuri has finally fallen in love!” Jessica-neechan said dreamily. He blushed like a red tomato.

            “To bad Yuri’s height did not show any progress!” Yamada yelled as he walked ahead following Seohyun.

            “Hey Pig at least I have a love life!” He yelled back. His Jessica-neechan and Keito-nichan laughed.

            “Ryosuke don’t say that your height hasn’t improved either!” Daiki teased Yamada.

            “Said the nichan who wished he was 8 feet tall!” Yamada snapped back.

            They all hollered in laughter.

            “Man you guys are hopeless!” Shori and Marius said together.

            “Tae-tae don’t laugh!” Daiki protested to his twin who was dying of laughter.

            “Yes neechan don’t laugh your height isn’t visible either!” Shori teased Taeyeon.

            “Yah SHORI I’m going to ground you for a week!!!” Taeyeon said irritably.

            Shori and Marius ran towards the tombstones in hopes of fleeing their sister’s wrath.

            “HAHAHA! You guys are hopeless teasing each other about your height when all of you belong to the short group!!” Heechul said naughtily as he gingerly walked across the fog covered path.

            “Careful Oppa these shorties might just strangle you to death.” Jessica warned her brother.

            “Yah Sica your also a member of the Danshin(Shorty) group!” Taeyeon informed Jessica. Heechul laughed hard this caused him to trip. He earned the laughter of all his cousins.

            “I may have tripped but at least you can see me unlike some people there who literally disappear into the fog because they are short!” He yelled at them.

            “Get him!” Daiki yelled as he, Chinen, Yamada, Taeyeon and Jessica chased after him. Marius was laughing his head off while he stared at his cousins and siblings; he never noticed that Shori was aching from his beatings as he laughed.

            “Marius!!” Shori yelled at his brother after his left arm became numb.

            Yamada caught hold of Heechul and was prepared to strangle him to death.

            “If you kill me my fans would kill you! Plus the world would lose its handsomest guy!” Heechul said.

            “Handsomest you?!” Yamada laughed at Heechul.

            “Why who do you think is the handsomest?” Heechul said arrogantly.

            “Me of course!” Yamada bragged while they all laughed at him.

            “Yeah right ALL I CAN SEE IN YOUR FACE IS FAT!” Heechul evilly said. Chinen dropped to the ground laughing.

            “Hey DWARF who do you think you are laughing at?!!!” Yamada said furiously.

            “YOU!” Chinen said like a preschooler. Yamada charged at them and they started wrestling. Jessica pulled her twin’s hair hard.

            “AW! YAH SICA!” Heechul shouted at his twin.

            “What did you think you got away oppa?” Jessica said as she and Taeyeon strangled Heechul.

            Seohyun and the others sat on the tombstones comfortably. Yoona and Sooyoung still ignored each other. Yoogeun was playing with Lauren while Daniel and Cristina were sitting next to their siblings.

            “Guys enough! We still have issues to discuss!” Kangin bellowed causing the others to behave themselves. They sat down and fixed themselves up.

            Heechul fixed his murdered shirt while Chinen and Yamada brushed the dust from their clothes. When everyone was seated they began their usual sharing circle.

“So who wants to start first?” Keito asked them and then eyed Yoona and Sooyoung.

            “When are you two going to kiss and make-up?” Jessica asked the two of them. Everyone  eyed them.

            “It’s unnie fault!” Yoona snapped at them.

            “Sooyoung-ah?” Taeyeon urged her cousin to make the first step.

            “I already said that I was sorry but she wouldn’t forgive me!” Sooyoung cried.

            “You two fix this or I’m putting both of you on a diet!” Jessica irritatedly told her siblings.

            “Next topic!” Heechul said as he stared at Chinen. All of them looked at Chinen.

            “It’s about Luhan…” he said as the others listened to the story. Deep into the night they talked about Chinen’s problem with Luhan. All of them tried to think of a way to help him.

            The moon illuminated them as they continued their discussion the fights earlier were forgotten as they all thought of a way to help their relative in his dire situation.

            After their gathering Chinen was again faced with the other problem he did not mention. It concerned Sunny and he was about to lose his mind as he thought of a way to prevent her from getting hurt…

 

            Sunny was awoken by a text that she received early in the morning. She read the message and was thrilled when she saw that it was from Akanishi Yuri.

            “Good morning Sunny-chan I hope you have a wonderful day! See you at school!”

            She felt her heartbeat quickened as she read the message again and again. She was dead meat, she had tried numerous times to get her act together but she just couldn’t. Her thoughts were occupied by Yuri-chan alone. Boosted by his good morning message she dashed to the bathroom happily she just couldn’t wait to see him.

            As she got down to the kitchen to have her breakfast her appa and siblings noticed her extremely happy disposition.

            “Did something good happen?” her appa asked her.

            “No.” she replied happily.

            “Sunny-ah Sungmin-sshi told me that you two had a fight.” Her Shindong oppa said to her.

            “So what about it?” She replied crossly.

            “Yah Nakamaru Soonkyu that is not the way you talk to your older brother!” her Shindong oppa bellowed.

            “If don’t want me to talk back to you STOP MEDDLING WITH MY LOVE LIFE!” she snapped angrily and stood up from the dining table and grabbed her bag.

            “Princess where are you going?!” Her appa demanded.

            “I’m going to school.” She answered seriously.

            “You are not going to school without eating your breakfast.” Her appa told her gravely.

            “I’ll eat my breakfast at school.  Shindong oppa should stop intruding into my love life. Who is your sibling really OPPA LEE SUNGMIN OR ME?!!” she shouted at her brother then hurriedly left the house on her bike. Her Donghae oppa tried to stop her but she was too fast.

            “What you did was not good Shindong! Your sister is old enough to take care of herself and if she doesn’t like that boy anymore there is nothing you can do about it!” Mr. Nakamaru told his son angrily as he rose from his seat and went to his shop.

            Shindong sat down sadly on his seat.

            “I’m just worried about her. Sungmin is a good guy for her.” he said disappointedly.

            “From the looks of earlier you are more concerned of that Sungmin that our own sister. If they fought then he must have done something wrong Hyung.” Donghae said seriously.

            “You of all people Hae know how much I care about her!” Shindong told his brother.

            “Then stop siding with Sungmin and start seeing things from Sunny’s point of view. And as for him being a good guy there are a lot of guys out there Hyung who are better than him!” Donghae said as he took his bento box and that of Sunny’s and left for school.

 

            School was quieter than usual she arrived early so she decided to hike around the campus. She was about to go to the hallway which led to the rooftop when she saw Sungmin with their Science Teacher.

            They were kissing passionately. She left in tears before they could even notice that she was there…