The Girl with the Golden Voice part 6

Haunted House on Strawberry Hill Street: The Girl with the Golden Voice

HI Guys! I am nearing the end of the episode/ story of the Girls with the Golden Voice. I will begin a new episode soon!

 

The Girl with the Golden Voice

(Part Six)

           

            The birds were chirping as they perched upon the trees. Some birds were standing on the electric wires while others flew about. Spring was in the air. The sun shone above the clear blue sky, flowers bloomed in profusion of colors. Yamada was happily walking down the park road while many families were having there picnic. He stared at them and felt a sudden surge of envy. They were eating packed barbeque lunch and other assortment of food that looked absolutely scrumptious. He was subconsciously drooling. He wanted to have a barbeque stake out with his family but they insisted on a sandwich marathon instead. They all argued that having a barbeque stake out was too time consuming! They were immortals for goodness sake how many more time do they need. He decided to leave them in his anger to look for a place where he could eat barbeque. He strolled down the street while he hummed a tune glancing every now and then at the families currently having their picnic. He saw a family of five, with a mom, dad, two boys and a little girl. The image of him, Chinen and Seohyun suddenly flashed on his mind. He remembered when they were still kids growing up in France, they used to play in their large vineyards and orchards. He remembered those times and felt a sense of guilt since he walked out on their family outing earlier. He continued to walk until he reached the crowded street a little far away from the park. He spotted a barbeque house across the street and felt his mood lighten up. He was about to cross when a car spend fast in front of him. He cursed in his annoyance. He eyed the car as it sped away he used his power and targeted the car’s fancy electronic controls within a matter of seconds the car stopped and the driver came out cursing. His engine had crashed. Yamada smiled mischievously and looked straight ahead towards the barbeque joint. He stopped in his tracks when he caught a glimpse of pink at a café not far from the barbeque house. By instinct he turned and searched for the source of the pink hue that he loved so much. His eyes landed on the prettiest mortal girl he had ever seen. She had ebony hair that cascaded down her form past her waist in voluptuous curls. Her eyes were like the spring day that glittered against the sultry sun. She was smiling as she ate a huge cone of strawberry ice cream. He knew it was strawberry because he could smell it from where he stood. He admired her dress from afar it was a cute summer dress made of light flowing fabric that swayed in the slightest breeze. What caught his attention more was the fact that it was pink, a perfect hue of powder pink with a hint of rose at the tips. He stood there mesmerized until someone bumped into him. He looked up to see who bumped into him and was a bit surprised when he saw that it was his cousin Baekhyun. Baekhyun was with his brother Chanyeol and D.O from the looks on their faces it was evident that they hadn’t slept a wink.

            He decided to have a short chat with the two asking them if they had any progress in finding their brother Luhan but they looked extremely sad when he mentioned Luhan’s name.

            “We still haven’t found him hyung.” Chanyeol said disheartedly. D.O told them of their chase a week ago.

            “Is Xiumin alright now?” he asked since his parents and his older brother wouldn’t tell him about what happened. His okasan was supposed to visit them the night of Luhan’s escape. His okasan had scolded his sibling heavily because of the wrong judgment she had undertaken. Keeping Luhan away from the girl drained out Luhan’s sanity now he was gone. They couldn’t trance him.

            “Kangin hyung informed us about the probability that he has used a cloaking spell to keep us out.” Baekhyun said as he stared at the passing humans. His eyes were sunken the aftermath of going out at night searching for their lost maknae.

            “Xiumin is still in the hospital after Luhan attacked him.” D.O said soberly. They couldn’t believe that Luhan would actually turn against tried own brother.

            “Is it true that he sees us as enemies now?” Chanyeol said sadly. He was extremely miserable because of the whole incident. “I mean were his brothers.” He said in a half sob.

            “It’s no use getting all teary eyed about this our main concern is finding him.” D.O said seriously “We are not the only Lycans in Shibuya he could be in serious trouble right now.”

            Yamada knew of the dangers of encountering other packs especially for a young wolf like his cousin Luhan. He too was worried.

            “Inform us if there is any progress. As of now otosan has sent out his best agents to search for him.” he told them.

            “Thanks Yama-chan we are really sorry for all the trouble we caused.” Baekhyun said as he bowed.

            “Bae-chan we are family remember no need to apologize.” He said as he patted his cousin’s shoulder. They bid him farewell and continued on their search. He glanced towards the café where the girl was sitting. He was shocked to find that the girl had left. He was saddened by this. He lost his appetite and made his way back to where his family was having their picnic. Seohyun rushed towards him while his mother beckoned him to sit down. They had ordered barbeque for him. They felt guilty because they made him mad on a family day. He glanced at the food but his mouth felt dry. He couldn’t forget the girl at the café. Was she real or just a dream?

           

            Chinen laid down the yellow colored picnic cloth on the rooftop. He smiled like a little boy as he watched the passing clouds. He tried to make out what shape they were. There was a rabbit, a bird, a cat and annoyingly a pig. He was reminded to his brother yet again. Yama-chan has been acting weird recently ever since his outburst about the barbeque dilemma. He was guilty when it came to that affair because he had purposely demanded that they have a sandwich marathon instead of a barbeque stake out. He wanted to get even with Yamada for all the ways he had made him feel uncomfortable towards Sunny. Yamada had often accused him of stealing someone else’s girl.

            “I wasn’t trying to steal her!” he said in his defense. “He cheated on her!” he spat at his brother angrily.

            “Admit it Chinen even if he hadn’t cheated you still would have swept her off her feet!” his brother told him. He and Yamada refused to talk to each other for days because of their argument. Their parents had to step in just to make them settle their problems. Yamada wasn’t allowed to criticize him because he had no right to considering the fact that he was a womanizer. He was about to doze off when Sunny came up to the rooftop. She smiled at him and at Melody who was busy making her assignment. He had introduced the two of them after the scandal erupted. Melody had just returned to school while Sunny wanted to distance herself from all the drama. The students weren’t very friendly to her and as time progressed they became more violent. They hated the fact that she and he were close. He never left her side in fear that they would hurt her, just a few days ago a pot fell from the third floor it almost hit her if he hadn’t pulled her just in time. He sat up when she approached. Melody waved her hands ecstatically he had the feeling that his chubby friend liked Sunny more than him now. Sunny greeted her with a hug and sat near him.

            “No one bothered you right?” he asked.

            “No Chinen-chan thankfully no one was in the comfort room when I used it.” She said brightly. Though she seemed fine he wanted to be sure so he read her mind. When he saw that nothing went wrong he relaxed himself. Sunny saw the worried expression he had earlier.

            “Eish Akanishi Yuri stop being the over protective suitor!” she said in a cute but stern manner. Chinen admitted that he was a bad boy he knew that he should have waited at least a month before courting Sunny but there was something about his Miss Sunshine that made him cross the boundaries set up by common people.

            “I can’t help it it’s in my genes to be over protective especially when it concerns the most beautiful girl on the planet!” he exclaimed. Sunny hit his arm.

            “Eish you are seriously getting cheesier each day!” Sunny said blushing.

            “Um guys I’m still here you know.” Melody said as she curled her fingers at the two. She was definitely getting goose bumps at their cheesiness or more like at his cheesiness.

            “There is nothing wrong with stating a fact.” He said as he started looking at Sunny instead. Sunny hit him lightly with her notebook. They both laughed while Melody rolled her eyes.

            “Guys get a room!” Melody said as she jokingly threw a towel at them.

            “Sorry Mel it’s his fault!” Sunny said as she playfully hit him.

            “Yes I admit it it’s my fault for being too damn cute!” He said as he started raising his eyebrows up and down.

            “EW! Chinen! Senpai!” Sunny and Melody said in chorus. He started rolling in laughter as he saw the expression on the faces of the two.

            “Sunny neechan he’s getting worse and to think if you agree to be his girlfriend you will have to put up with his cheesiness for the rest of your life!” Melody said teasingly.

            “If he gets any worst I might decide to turn him down.” Sunny said seriously.

            “What?!!” he said as he bolted up. The two started laughing at him.

            “Nakamaru Soonkyu that wasn’t funny!” he said pouting. Sunny leaned towards him and pinched his cheeks while she crunched her nose cutely.

            “Aigoo why do you have to be so ADORABLE!” she said.

            “I know right!” he said as she pinched both his cheeks.

            “Senpai seriously!” Melody said as she made a face at him. They started laughing at themselves. They were preoccupied with their happiness to even bother with raving fangirls and annoying schoolmates.

 

            Melody happily went home carrying a bag of sweets. She entered their gate and went inside the house. She took off her shoes and hurriedly went to the kitchen to get a bowl. She placed the food she had bought in the bowl and smiled.

            “Pochi!” she called out. A small cream colored creature came running towards her happily. Pochi was the pup that her Tiffany-neechan had brought home a week ago. Pochi was a cute cream colored puppy with pretty brown eyes that seemed to change its shade when ever the sun it hit. It would change from a warm brown to a bright ochre. Pochi had cute flappy ears and a short tail. Her neechan had taken the poor injured puppy when she saw it beside a trashcan near their house. Pochi’s leg was healed now and he was jollier than ever. Her uncle let her keep Pochi since the dog made her happy. Her neechan also had a soft spot for him. Pochi was a male puppy who loved to play indoors and rarely made trouble. Pochi was unlike the other dogs that pooped and peed everywhere. He was well behaved and never bothered people. There was one thing about him though that would annoy her Inoo-nichan sometimes. It was Pochi’s habit of barking all the time. It never bothered them since he doesn’t bark at night but her nichan found it a bit irritating.

            She cuddled the dog and fed it some sweets while she watched TV. Pochi ate the food diligently and when he was finished he rested his head on her lap while he the last remnants his meal. She snuggled the puppy closer as she watched the news. The newscaster reported another gruesome killing at a deserted night alley in Tokyo. She felt the fear rushed over her. Her nightmare had scared the mind out of her. She kept on seeing the boy bloody and wounded and it bothered her so much. They showed the body of the victims and she could swear she could feel the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. Pochi whimpered and covered its eyes while they showed the shredded bodies of the victims. Blood was splattered all over the street the body pieces were everywhere. It was a very horrid way to die. The authorities claim that it was a wild animal that got away from the nearby zoo but for some reason she couldn’t believe anything they had said. In her mind she could still picture out the monster she had seen in her dream. She researched about the different monsters in the modern world and she was shocked to discover that the monster in her dream resembled what westerners called as … werewolf. Pochi started playing with her skirt so she lifted him up and looked at him.

            “Pochi do you think werewolves are real?” she asked the puppy as if he could understand. Pochi stared at her then tilted his head to the side cutely causing her to forget about her fear and just hug the little cutey pie. Pochi her cheeks and started his cute barking. She turned off the TV and went to her room. She talked to Pochi while she changed her clothes. The puppy played with her clothes hiding under her blouse and skirt. She picked up her dirty clothes and put them into her laundry basket then she picked up Pochi who was playing with his rubber ball and stared out at the window. The moon was bright tonight. It felt serene. Pochi admired the view with her. She was gazing at the moon when Pochi started barking. It was cute at first then in became louder she looked at her puppy who was staring at something in the night. He started growling and then let out whimpered sounds as if it was afraid. She felt something was wrong her thoughts were disturbed when she heard her neechan’s voice downstairs. She closed the window and carried Pochi with her. As she went down she still couldn’t shrug off the feeling of fear and danger.

           

            Chinen woke up after a blissful night. He dreamed of Miss Sunshine they were walking hand in hand near the beach. He jumped up happily and the first thing he did was text her a good morning quote. She immediately replied to his text.

            “Did my boyfriend have a good night sleep?” He read the text and fell off the bed. He scrambled to get back to his feet and reread her text again.

            “Did I read it right? She texted boyfriend?” he asked himself. After he reread it for a gazillion times he replied.

            “This isn’t a joke right? So it’s a yes?”

            “L” she replied. In his panic he called her.

            “I just can’t believe it! Sunny-chan don’t get mad.” He said hastily. There was a dead silence on the other line then he heard her laughing.

            “Nakamaru Soonkyu you better not be joking!” he said somewhat annoyed.

            “Why do you it be a joke?” she said teasingly.

            “So your seriously saying yes and YOURNOWMYGIRLFRIENDIMSOHAPPY!” he said.

            “Yes. Unless you want me to change my mind?” she replied. He screamed in happiness and started jumping up and down his bed.

            “Yah Akanishi Yuri you are so not cool.” She said jokingly as she heard him go wild with happiness.

 

            Sunny was literally dying of sweetness as she listened to Chinen’s outburst of happiness as she said yes to him. She actually wanted to make him wait longer but every cell in her body was screaming at her that he was the one. The fact that she was also deliriously in love with him made resisting him harder as well. She said goodbye as he continued to holler like a drugged person. She texted “See you later in school!”

            She was hyped because of everything so she hurriedly went to the bathroom she almost knocked her Donghae oppa down good thing he dodged her before she could bump into him. She took her bath and was extra cautious with hygiene. She took longer than usual and when she was done she chose her hairstyle wisely. There was nothing she could do about the uniform but she tried look her best. She wore her cute accessories and wore her sparkly headband. She put on a slightly heavy make-up unlike her usual and sprayed on her favorite perfume it had a citrus scent paired with roses. She went downstairs and happily sat down the dining table to have breakfast with her family. As she sat down her appa and oppas eyes were on her. Her Shindong oppa almost choked on his ham while his Donghae oppa spilled his coffee.

            “You look very pretty today princess.” Her appa commented. Her oppas nodded in approval.

            “Are you dressing up for someone shorty?” her Donghae oppa asked her.

            “Neh.” She said shyly.

            “Anyone we know?” her Shindong oppa asked. She gulped and prepared to answer them truthfully.

            “Appa I have a new boyfriend…” she said in a small voice.

            “Who?” her appa said as his oppas leaned closer to hear her answer. She took a deep breath and said.

            “Akanishi Yuri.”

            “BANZAI!!!” her appa and oppas shouted. She was shocked and stared at them in disbelief.

            “Finally!” her Donghae oppa said.

            “I thought you would be like your mother and make him wait forever.” Her appa said.

            “What took you so long?” her Shindong oppa asked her. She looked at them still in shock.

            “Why do you look like you have seen a ghost?” her appa asked her. She snapped back to reality and stated.

            “You guys are ok with it? I mean you approve?”

            “Of course.” Her appa said.

            “Why not he seems like a good guy.” Her Donghae oppa said.

            “You are ok with it Shindong oppa?” she asked her brother.

            “Of course Yuri-chan seems to be a good guy plus he is very helpful. He visited once when you were on an errand I taught him how to make an okonomiyaki.” Her Shindong oppa said proudly. She sighed heavily and smiled at her family.

           

            Chinen went downstairs towards the dining room in a very happy mood. His feeling radiated even towards the house and the servants. He jubilantly greeted his parents and gave a tight hug to Seohyun. He even kissed Yamada’s cheek. Yamada hit him of course but he was too happy to care.

            “Onichan you seem to be very happy today?” Seohyun asked him. He smiled at her.

            “Guess who has a girlfriend?” he said happily as he sat down to eat. Seohyun clapped her hands together while Keito laughed good heartedly.

            “Son you always have a girlfriend.” His otosan told him.

            Yamada laughed but he was too happy to be irritated.

            “It’s different this time tosan.” Yamada said.

            “Yes otosan this time it’s different.” Keito said as well.

            “Why is it different?” his okasan asked.

            “It’s different because onichan is in love!” Seohyun said dreamily. His otosan’s jaw dropped while his okasan looked kinda worried.

            “So she finally said yes dwarf?” Yamada said teasingly.

            “Yes pig.” He replied good-naturedly.

            “So who is the lucky girl?” his otosan asked.

            “I hope it’s not a guy!” His okasan said alarmed. His siblings laughed.

            “Okasan do you remember the first girl I introduced to you at the café?” he asked his okasan.

            “Yes she was a very pretty girl. The type of girl I want you to date. Sunny is her name if I remember correctly” His okasan said.

            “Well that’s just it kasan Sunny-neechan is nichan’s new girlfriend!” Seohyun said happily. His okasan clapped hard in delight. His otosan on the otherhand looked confused.

            “Anata I think it’s time we plan for Yuri-chan’s wedding!” his okasan said blissfully.

            “Wait a minute we don’t even know her family yet!” his otosan complained.

            “Oh yes we do. Do you remember your high school buddy Nakamaru-san?” his okasan told his otosan.

            “Yes of course I remember Yuichi but what has this got to do with Yuri’s new girlfriend?” his otosan asked totally confused.

            “Sunny-chan is his only daughter.” Her okasan said. He was becoming confused while his otasan suddenly brightened up. Sunny’s dad and his otosan were high school friends?

            “Well that settles it Yuri you are going to get your wedding suite fitted tomorrow!” his otosan suddenly said. Yamada gasped while his Keito-nisan patted his shoulder since they were sitting close. Seohyun entered her dreamy trance again while his Yuya-nisan was sleeping.

            “Don’t worry Yuri-chan your otosan and I would handle everything!” His okasan said happily.

            “That’s right son don’t worry we will get you your bride!” his otosan said as they both started making calls.

            Wow! Just wow. He heard wedding bells ring from somewhere was it foretelling his future? He happily thought of now officially his Miss Sunshine while his parents planned out their arrange marriage and his siblings were happy for him all except Yuya who was busy… sleeping.

 

            Yamada was happy for his brother though he hated to admit it he was sort of jealous at his brother’s fairytale romance. He sulked at little in his seat as he stared out through the window.  He saw a vision of pink and it immediately reminded him of the pink angel he saw. Chinen took a different car because their parents went to the Nakamaru residence and he tagged along. Man everything was going well for his brother. When was he going to have his happily ever after? Seohyun realized that he was feeling depressed today so she decided to be the cute little sister for him.

            “Nichan what’s wrong?” Seohyun asked.

            “Nothing Seobaby…” he replied with a sigh.

            “Oppa it’s clear that you are not happy today.” Sooyoung pointed out. He looked at his sister and cousins and said.

            “I guess I am a little jealous of dwarf.” He said.

            “Don’t worry oppa you will find your true love as well.” Yoona said.

            “I don’t know about true love but when are you two going to be friends again???” he asked his cousins immediately diverting the subject. There was an awkward silence that prevailed all throughout their journey.

 

             He entered the classroom after he barely passed the gate alive. The fangirl mobs were getting larger and it pissed him. He sat down his seat and looked out at the window. The room was quiet he realized that they were all wondering why he came alone. The girl named Hara approached him.

            “Ryosuke-san where is Yuri-san?” she asked cutely. He decided that he would kill all their hopes on his brother. Chinen was happy now and he wasn’t going to let them ruin his happiness.

            “Oh Chinen went with my parents to Sunny-chan’s house.” He said sort of arrogantly.

            “Why?” asked the girl named Hyomin. The whole class was listening in.

            “My parents are setting up an arranged marriage between Sunny-chan and my brother. You see Sunny-chan is the ONLY girl that my parents approve of.” He said he emphasized the word only which caused all the girls to back away. He continued.

            “No matter how many girls he dated my parents only approve of Sunny-chan. Our parents Sunny-chan and mine attended the same high school.”

            “But what about Yuri-san’s girlfriend that girl named Jessica?” asked Chinen’s seatmate. Man they even remembered his Sica-neechan.

            “Oh you mean Yoon Jessica she’s our cousin. She and my brother love to act out as lovers.” He said evilly. The girls gasped while the boys cheered.

            “Akanishi-san does she have a boyfriend?” asked one boy.

            “Yes. But I wouldn’t count on it she doesn’t like high school boys unless you are a student of Tokyo University you can keep on dreaming.” He said mockingly. The boys oh and ah while the girls were crying. A few minutes afterwards Chinen and Sunny came in hand and hand. The girls gasped at how they were holding hands while the boys couldn’t take their eyes off of Sunny. She was extremely pretty today.

            “Nice job bro!” he told Chinen telepathically.

            “What did you do now pig?” Chinen asked.

            “I exposed your secrets.” He said triumphantly. The teacher came in and changed Sunny’s seat so that she was sitting next to Chinen. His parents work he thought. After that was done she welcomed in the new student. He almost fell of his seat when he saw the same girl he saw wearing the pink dress. His eyes were glued to her. Chinen read his mind.

            “Dream girl huh?” Chinen teased.

            “Shut up!” he said as he elbowed Chinen.

            The pink angel introduced herself.

            “Good morning everyone my name is Masuda Tiffany it’s a pleasure to meet all of you!” she said with a heavenly eyesmile. He met her gaze but she merely smiled back.

            “Akanishi Ryosuke be ready to fall in love…” he told himself.

 

            Luhan gasped for breath as his wounds continued to bleed. He was heavily injured after being attack by an older alpha male. He was also an alpha but the fact that he was still a young wolf made him a bit vulnerable. He had accidentally crossed another Lycan’s territory. Now that alpha male and his pack would hunt him down until he was dead. He ran through the streets and tried to hide as the wild and uncultured pack ran after him. He was losing strength. He lost too much blood. He fell to the ground from exhaustion and pain. He prayed that they couldn’t find him in the deserted alley. The moon shone brightly tonight he thought as he stared at the full moon above him. It reminded him of his other half and how he would never see her. He was starting to black out losing all his logic and strength. His blood was oozing out of his numerous wounds then he thought of Melody. He desperate at the same time he was afraid. He couldn’t die like this. Numbness suddenly covered him as he heard the howls of the lycan pack just beyond the other bend from where he was hiding…