Prologue Two

Haunted House on Strawberry Hill Street: The Girl with the Golden Voice

           Please Comment! I would really appreciate your thoughts about the story. 

           

 

          Armand had wandered around for 3 decades his heart still grieved greatly for his loss but unlike before he decided to spend it by curing people. He was the only one who remained; he concluded that it may be because of the fact that he was still alive and sort of in good shape when he injected the serum into his body.

            He went from one place to another travelling in Europe moving from one hospital to the next. He wanted to help others by curing their diseases, his expertise in medicine grew. He had handled almost all weird cases in the field and miraculously found a cure.

            It was the winter of 1884 in France when he was took in a frail young girl barely 13 who was suffering from a severe case of tuberculosis. The girl’s name was Antonette. Antoinette came from a middle class family but they could no longer pay for her medication so they abandoned her. He took pity upon the child and decided to take care of her until she was well. With his expertise in medicine he was able to cure her almost impossible condition. It took him 5 long years to finally rid the girl of the sickness.

           Antoinette decided to stay by his side becoming his servant. She insisted that she was forever in debt to him because of his kindness. She accompanied him in his travels and in the end she found out about his secret, but she still remained by his side. Many summers passed and the young girl became a young woman…

 

            Armand never aged he was still the same old 43 year old man he was 40 years ago.

He was exhausted from the number of patients he had to cure. They lived in London now, they had to leave yet again after a few years if the people realized that he was not aging.

            He sat comfortably in his study when Antoinette entered the room carrying a tray of food.

            “Master you have not had your dinner yet.” She said. He gaped at her he never realized that she was now a woman. Her long dark brown hair was pulled back in a carefully made semi loose bun. Her beautiful green eyes sparkled like little stars while her lips were as pink as a rose in bloom on a spring season.

            “Master?” she said again.

            “Forgive me Annie, I was not paying attention”. He told her as he ate the dinner she had prepared. She was a good cook as expected from a French girl.

            He smiled as he remembered her face yet again.

 

            The full moon was calling its creatures Antoinette thought. Master Sherwood had not returned yet. She was deeply worried. Though she tried hard to hide it she had been in love with her protector since the day he had taken her in. she paced back and forth in the parlor when she heard a hair-raising howl outside. She curled beside the fireplace in fear. The winter always brought with it the beast of the moon, her grandmother use to tell her.

            She felt her heart beating when something burst through the kitchen door. She heard its growls. Tears flowed down her eyes as she hid behind the huge velvet sofa in fear.

She held her breath as she heard its heavy breathing in the hallway. It was breaking things. Then the breathing stopped. Her heart was racing, she broke into a run when she suddenly bumped into something…

 

 

            Armand hugged the girl protectively as they hid inside his study. She was soundlessly crying in his embrace. Fear could be seen all over the girl’s face.

            “Annie its ok, hush now I will keep you safe.” He told her as he her hair.

He needed to do something. That beast was wrecking his home after minutes of contemplating he decided to face it. He had the strength and he knew he would heal anyway. He took went to get his sword from the mantle as he let Antoinette sit in his desk.

He unshielded the sword and was about to go out when Antoinette stopped him.

            “Master no.” she cried, he gingerly removed her hands and told her it would be fine.

 

            The beast was swift and strong but he had to defeat it if he wanted to live. It lunged at him, its huge sharp teeth were indeed scary but he fought back the fear. He made his move and grabbed it by the ear and used it to catapult himself up then he swung his sword and chopped off its head. The beast then became a man and he was shocked to realize that it was his neighbor. He remembered his neighbor staring at Annie weirdly the other day. And he guessed that his neighbor wanted to turn Annie into a beast so she would become his mate. His blood boiled at the thought. He quickly went to the study and Annie immediately ran to him. he told her not to worry as he went out to bury the dead body of his neighbor.

            Annie tended his wounds while he flinched in a little bit of pain. He was going to be fine he told her but she insisted. She dressed his wounds but he could not help but admire her beauty. He never intended what happened next he was fueled by an unknown need at his discovery of his neighbor’s attraction towards Annie, so when she kissed him he could not help himself.

           

            Armand married Annie a month after what happened between them. After three months they found out that she was with child, his child. Worry and fear was all he could feel. He did not know what kind of child would come out of their union. He was after all part of the undead, he feared for her safety, but she on the other hand was extremely happy.

            He tried to be and he did his best to hide his anxiety. He finally realized how much he loved her and he knew he could not face another loss. His worst fears came into reality when Annie became ill at her 5th month of pregnancy. The child was poisoning her inside. He tried his best to save her but she would not let him, she wanted to save their baby no matter what. She suddenly went into labor at her 7th month, her body was completely weak.

On her death bed she made him promise to take care of their child and to love him unconditionally. Their baby was a boy whom he named Raphael.

            She died after child birth. He refused to be comforted and spent every night going to her tomb with their child crying rivers of tears.

            It was a bright night when he went to her grave again carrying their 5 day old son. He wept again as always then he heard a distinctive muffled sound inside the coffin. He realized it was a woman singing. He opened her coffin and found her inside alive and well. Antoinette survived maybe because of the fact that she was alive when the serum infiltrated her system. They moved to a different place settling instead in America where they had two other sons made Gregory and Alexander.

            They lived happily and the boys grew like normal kids but they stopped changing their appearance at age 20 plus because that was the time their mother stopped aging.

            Now Armand had accumulated a huge amount of fortune even beyond any monarch could have in his life time, he founded the Sherwood Group of Hospitals while Antoinette decided start a school for culinary arts. Raphael founded the Sherwood Hotels and married an American plantation owner’s daughter. Gregory married and German opera singer while Alexander married a Japanese woman who was the daughter of a prominent Japanese clan. Alexander had a daughter named Kasumi and she married a kind but smart scientist named Akanishi Hiroki, they had three children two girls and their only son named Jin.

            The Akanishi family was in charge of managing the business of the Sherwood clan in the east while Gregory’s grandchildren handled Europe while Raphael’s grandchildren handled the American branch.

           

            Our story would bring us to the life of the Akanishi family the current active descendant of Armand Sherwood the first Keeper.