Eleven

The Spring of Past Memories

"Siwon?" Sungmin was surprised. Sure, he'd wanted to meet the other man sometime, but he didn't expect it to be so soon. Nor did he expect Siwon to come to his workplace to ask for him. 

Kyuhyun glared at Sungmin's surprised face.

There was no way he was letting Sungmin go alone.

No way, because-- because he was Siwon's friend too, and he has every right to join them for lunch. 

"Did he only ask for Hyukjae?" Kyuhyun almost snapped at the receptionist.

"Yes, sir."

"Okay." he waved the receptionist out, who bowed slightly before slipping out the door. 

"Well, come on then, we don't want Siwon waiting." 

Kyuhyun grabbed his jacket from the back of his chair and stood up.

"Uh-- didn't Siwon only ask for me? Why are you putting your jacket on?" Sungmin asked as he stood up and reached for his own jacket.

"Who said I wasn't coming?"

"But--"

"Siwon probably thought I was too busy. Unlike some people, I don't often have time for lunch breaks." Kyuhyun walked towards the door.

Sungmin scowled. 

"," he muttered under his breath.

Kyuhyun smirked.

"Hurry up," he said, opening the door. 

 

Sungmin slipped through just as the door slammed shut. 

 

**

 

"Come on, short legs."

Kyuhyun's grin was cut short by a well-aimed kick to the side of his thigh. 

Sungmin flashed a smile at Kyuhyun as he limped the rest of the way to the lobby. 

 

**

 

"Hyukjae*!" Siwon smiled, placing the magazine he was reading back onto the glass table before standing up. 

"Hey, Siwon." Sungmin smiled. 

"So whe-- oh, what's mister CEO doing here?" Siwon tilted his head to Kyuhyun who just entered the lobby.

"He said he wasn't busy." Sungmin smirked at Kyuhyun's slight limp.

"O-oh."

"So he's coming to lunch too."

"Oh."

"So where are we going?" 

"Uh--um, I was hoping to go to lunch with you because I wanted to tell you something..."

Sungmin cocked his head.

"So no Cho?"

Siwon laughed at how Sungmin addressed his boss.

"Preferably, yeah."

Kyuhyun finally made it to Siwon and Sungmin.

"Sorry, I was only planning on taking Hyukjae* to lunch." Siwon smiled apologetically.

"Only him? Why?" Kyuhyun frowned.

"I just have some things I need to tell him. Nothing big, really."

"And why can't I be told them?" The frown became a scowl.

"Well,  uh--"

"Yah, I'm going to go have lunch with Siwon. We won't be long. I'll be back in 30 minutes." Sungmin interrupted and took Siwon's wrist before dragging him out of the building, while Siwon half ran to keep up, mouthing "sorry" to a stunned Kyuhyun. 

To say Kyuhyun was stunned was actually an understatement. What Kyuhyun felt at the moment was a mixture of anger, disappointment, frustration and -- jealousy? as he watched the two leave.

The anger was due to Sungmin talking like that to him again.

The disappointment was due to Siwon not inviting him along, leaving him curious as to what the two will talk about.

The frustration was due to letting Sungmin talk to him like that, and having no comeback at all.

The jealousy-- if it indeed was jealousy-- now this, Kyuhyun couldn't explain at all.

All he knew was that it flamed up as soon as he saw Sungmin grab Siwon's wrist.

Stalking back to his office, Kyuhyun barked at his secretary to bring him food, any food. 

Kyuhyun sighed as he sat back down, and spun his chair around to look at the city before him.

For the first time, his office felt too quiet.

 

**

 

"So, Sungmin, care to share the name change story?"

Sungmin smiled. They were at a cosy little restaurant the both of them used to frequent together, and Sungmin felt strangely comfortable, as if Siwon never left to go overseas at all. 

"It was nothing major really, his company wanted to demolish my parents' business, so I stormed up to them asking to see their CEO, and that's how I met the Cho guy. He employed me on the spot, don't ask me why-- I don't know either. But because I was so pissed at his cocky attitude, I decided he didn't need to know my real name. I'm going back to university soon, anyway."

Sungmin took a drink of water while Siwon nodded. He knew Sungmin, and he definitely knew the stubborn side well too. 

"Now, what about you? You're back in Seoul for good, right?"

Siwon nodded again.

"Yeah, I'm back for good this time. My parents only wanted me to go overseas for business experience, anyway." 

Siwon cleared his throat.

"And that's exactly why I wanted to talk to you."

Sungmin looked up. 

"I've been thinking about... what we had before I left..."

Sungmin opened his mouth, but Siwon put his hand up to silence the other.

"I've been thinking what would've happened had I told my parents I wanted to stay here with you, and not go overseas. I've been thinking about how our relationship would've been now..."

"Siwon--"

Siwon shook his head.

"No, listen, Sungmin. You had no idea how much I regretted breaking up with you while I was out of the country, and it kept me up wondering whether you'd found someone else. I broke up with you because I didn't know how long I was going to stay overseas and I didn't want to prevent you from being happy... because I wasn't here to take care of you. I thought it would be the best for both of us."

Siwon looked at Sungmin.

"But I realise now, I was wrong."

Siwon sighed.

"No matter how much I tried, I couldn't forget the feelings I had for you. It drove me near insane, thinking about you with someone else. In the end, I told my parents I couldn't stay overseas anymore because my heart was in Seoul. They thought I was crazy, of course. But being their only son, they decided to fulfil my request, since I'd be running their business either way. This is why I'm back in Seoul now-- otherwise I would still be overseas, probably for a much longer time. I felt bad, but sitting with you here now, I know it was definitely far from a mistake."

Silence enveloped the two figures.

"I guess I'll just say it out straight. What I wanted to talk to you about."

Sungmin looked up again, his head in a mess, trying to decipher what Siwon was trying to tell him.

 

 

 

"Sungmin... will you go out with me again?"

 

 

 

 

New turn of events! Next chapter will be a pretty important one in more ways than one (I hope haha). I'll be going on holiday with some friends for a week and a bit though, so next update will be up within maybe 2 weeks, depending on how much I write after work when I come back.

Thanks everyone for reading!

Comments are appreciated :D

PS. This is still a Kyumin fic! Wonmin is just a distraction, really