VI

The 'Push and Pull' Experiment (ABANDONED)

Chanyeol is half way down the hall to his next class (English) when a hand grips his right shoulder and he jumps. He stops, turning around, and Kris comes into view. “Yo, Chanyeol.”

 

 

“What?” Chanyeol laughs, because it’s been way too long since he'd last heard Kris try to be cool by speaking in English.  He feels a pang of pain when he remembers that it’s because Kris has been avoiding him.  Chanyeol smiles, tight-lipped. Students pass them in the hall, and they move closer to the lockers to avoid being run into.  

 

 

Kris frowns, looking like he's seconds away from telling him something, but instead he says. “Nothing, I wanted to ask you something actually.”

 

 

“Shoot.” Chanyeol plays with the strap of his backpack, tilting his head back to rest against a locker.  Probably about some homework.

 

 

“Want to hang out after school today?” Kris asks, stepping around Chanyeol to lean against the locker beside the one the sophomore was currently leaning on.  Chanyeol bites his lips, pondering on whether he should.  He somewhat remembers Jongin telling him to lessen the amount time he spends with Kris, in order to appear less clingy.  

 

 

So instead, Chanyeol shrugs “Um, I’m not sure, I promised to go somewhere with Jongin today.”

 

 

“After?”

 

 

“We might get home late.”

 

 

“Chanyeol, I live a block away from where you live, just come over. “ Kris insists, leaning on his side to directly stare at Chanyeol.

 

 

“Le—” The bell rings, interrupting what Chanyeol has to say.  “I’ll ask Jongin, I’ll text you if I can hang out after school.”

 

 

An irritated expression starts to form on Kris’ face but he apparently has more control over his face than Chanyeol does because the next thing he knows, the senior starts smiling.  Chanyeol smiled apologetically before he enjoys the moment of irritation that appeared on Kris’ face as he turns away from Kris to head to his class, unable to stop himself from smirking just a bit.




 

//




 

Chanyeol should have been late to his English class, he wouldn’t have mind that really.  He’d prefer to be scolded by his teacher for being late yet again, rather than be interrogated by Baekhyun.  

 

 

“.  You’re the last person I’d expect to get this far so fast...Well, maybe after Jongd- nope, you really are the last person I’d expect to have a hickey two weeks into a relationship.” Baekhyun states, eyes focusing on the mark on his neck.  Chanyeol rolls his eyes, playing with his hair, messing it up in a way that he hopes would cover his neck. Baekhyun snorts.

 

 

Chanyeol knows his hair isn't long enough for that, but trying doesn't hurt.  Baekhyun first saw the mark when he turned around from his seat in front of Chanyeol to ask for extra three-holed paper.  He hoped that Baekhyun wouldn't notice, shoving the three-holed paper in his face before he even finished his question.  But when Baekhyun’s eyes widened, he knew he was doomed. 

 

 

“And to think it was Jongin who made that mark, I mean you guys are probably some of the most awkward people when it comes to relationships.” Baekhyun continues, undeterred by the small scraps of paper Chanyeol has started  throwing at his face.  
 

 

“Can you not,” Chanyeol groans.  He gives up his quest to try and get a piece of paper lodged in Baekhyun’s throat and instead pillows his head in his arms.  Baekhyun laughs, hitting Chanyeol’s desk with his hands.  “I am not going to let you live this d—Hey, what’s that.”

 

 

He points to the silver bracelet on Chanyeol’s wrist.  Baekhyun tilts his head “It looks really familiar...Oh god, Jongin has the same bracelet.”

 

 

Chanyeol really wished he was late instead when Baekhyun starts guffawing.

 

 

“You , Baekhyun.” Chanyeol mutters, his voice muffled by the sleeve of his uniform.  Baekhyun lifts an eyebrow, “I’m pretty sure, Jongin would rather do that. Just because of that, I am going to embarrass the hell out of you.”

 

 

It’s hard to come up with a comeback after that, Chanyeol thinks so instead he replies with “I didn’t say my .”




 

//




 

Jongin too, Chanyeol decides, after Jongin announces at their lunch table that his dance practice is running longer than usual that day just as Kris sits down beside him on his right side.  Which means that he has to cancel his supposed plans with Chanyeol.  He sulks for minute until he realizes that without his excuse he gets to hang out with Kris after school, making him feel a weird mix of anxious and excited. 

 

“Jongin, you should’ve told me earlier. I was so excited too.” Chanyeol whines, halfway through chewing his bread. Pieces of bread spews out, and Sehun who sits across from him, gives him a look of disgust.  
 

 

“Chanyeol, can you at least finish chewing your food first?” Sehun groans out.  Chanyeol smiles apologetically, making a move to clean up his mess with the sleeve of his shirt.  Minseok’s hand stops him, holding out a napkin for Chanyeol to take.  

 

 

“That’s gross. Jongin, what the hell do you see in him?” Sehun asks. Chanyeol cleans up the mess with the offered napkin, rolling his eyes.  Jongin grins, wrapping his right arm around Chanyeol’s shoulders.  

 

 

“Look how cute he is, not knowing that there’s bread crumbs stuck to his lips.” Jongin cooes, thumb rubbing against Chanyeol’s lips to remove the bread.  “I’m sorry, Luhan just told me about the the text the dance teacher sent him this morning.”

 

 

Of course, he told Jongin about his attempt to stay away from Kris by using their relationship as an excuse.  Jongin’s shoulders shake with restrained laughter, and Chanyeol knows he’ll be mocked when Jongin starts texting him after dance practice.  Chanyeol pouts, puckering his lips to kiss Jongin’s thumb.  He glares threateningly at Jongin, his left hand coming up to pinch his side hard.

 

 

Jongin flinches, glaring back.  “Stop it.”

 

 

Chanyeol winces, looking down at his lunch.  He knows Jongin hates it when his sides gets pinched.  

 

 

“Sorry,” he mutters.  Jongin's mouth qurks up, petting Chanyeol’s head. “It’s okay, don’t worry I’m not mad, I was just joking.”

 

“Does this mean we can hang out after school?” Kris says, eager and sounding sort of happy.  It takes a lot of self-control for Chanyeol to even attempt an expression besides a smile on his face at the question.  He lets his lips curl up just a tiny bit.
 

 

He doesn’t really notice how the senior had his left arm wrapped around his waist until now.  Kris' large hand grips the side of his waist, the hold subtle enough to remain unnoticeable but just the right amount of force to keep Chanyeol aware of its presence.  It distracts him for a moment, and it takes a light squeeze on his right shoulder by Jongin for him to pay attention again.  

 

 

 

“Yeah,” Chanyeol mumbles, ears flushing. 

 


“Great, I’ll meet you at your locker after school.”

 

 

 

 

-

 

A/N:  sorry for the short chapter TT ~ TT just got back from vacation, with a really bad jet lag so i kind of rushed the proofreading process ^^;; anways, i know this chapter is more of a filler than anything, but hey, krisyeol is slowly getting there (?) i didn't finish chapter seven yet, but i plan for it to be a longer one with chanyeol and jongin's point of view, so i hope you guys can wait \^ o ^, i sort of have an outline of what the next few chapters are going to be about so at least there's a plan to follow. thank you to old subscribers, new subscribers, voters, and commenters, you guys really really make me happy