X pt. 1

The 'Push and Pull' Experiment (ABANDONED)

A/N: sorrysorrysorrysorryforthelateupdate. this chapter is mostly just a recap in kris' p.o.v. and it's not even done yet /bricked. the second part of this chapter is going to catch up with where i left off and continue but in kris p.o.v. luhan's point of view would probably come up somewhere too, not sure yet.

 

 

 

 

 

//

 

 

"Kris!"

 

 

It takes a lot out of Kris to ignore Chanyeol. A whole damn lot and he has to force himself to focus on grabbing his stuff from his locker, ignoring the feeling of guilt constantly nagging him to talk to Chanyeol.

 

 

Kris would, but ever since the day he found himself staring far too long at Chanyeol's lips when he was chattering, and having an epiphany at the worst time in the form of a wet dream at one of their sleep overs... Let's just say he can't.

 

 

*slam*

 

 

Kris looks up, distracted by the noise. He turns, searching for the noise...only to find Jongin pinning Chanyeol to a locker. Jongin smirks, and it seems like he takes a momentary glance at Kris' direction.

 

 

What.

 

 

Chanyeol says something that has him paying attention and Kris hurriedly grabs his thick chemistry book in his hand and begins to pack up, trying to catch up. He chances a glance in their direction again, just in time to see Jongin grin, back off, and pat Chanyeol's .

 

 

What.

 

 

He heads in Kris' direction and his grin seems to grow bigger when he sees Kris. The wink Jongin sends him makes him want to punch his face. His intent must be apparent on his face because Jongin lets out a silent laugh, tilting his head at Chanyeol's direction. Chanyeol, who's blushing  with his back still against the locker.

 

 

What.

 

 

Kris walks. Walks, not runs. Definitely not, because Chanyeol is still there and he doesn't want to seem like he was eavesdropping. It doesn't really matter because by the time Kris gets there, Chanyeol's holding up a piece of paper, looking far too interested.

 

 

What.

 

 

"What's that?" Kris asks, hand gripping Chanyeol's shoulder instead of plucking the paper out of his grasp.

 

 

"N-nothing!

 

 

The brief peek he took, recognizes the faint scrawl to be a message and numbers.

 

 

The whole event with the lockers should have clued him in with what was going to happen. It was a foreshadowing event dangling at the front of his face.

 

 

Nothing was ever going to prepare him for the sight of Jongin and Chanyeol cuddling, Jongin groping Chanyeol's thigh or whatever the they're doing with their group of friends just looking faintly amused.

 

 

'What the happened?' is what Kris wants to say to Junmyeon saying that he'll never guess what happened , what he really says is. "What? What happened?"

 

 

Then Sehun tells him that the two of them were dating and Kris just blanks out.

 

 

Since when was Chanyeol interested in guys? Did everyone know except for him? Had he really done that good of a job of ignoring him, that he failed to notice or at least hear about who his best friend is interested in?

 

 

Talking to Yixing then Jongdae then Baekhyun, distracts him from full out staring as Jongin leans in close to whisper and snicker with Chanyeol. Well, up until they decided to kiss. Several times at that, feeling himself grit his teeth at the sight, wanting no more than to pull them away from each other.

 

 

The want to do that becomes more of a need when he's subjected to their affections and Chanyeol's newfound way of ignoring him over the next two months.

 

 

 

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris knows that ignoring Chanyeol wasn’t the best way to handle the situation, Junmyeon didn't need to shove the situation into his face and get him all riled up though.

 

 

"Listen, I just hope you understand that because they're in a relationship that--" Junmyeon says in a manner that makes Kris think that he knows something.  He shares his first two periods with Kris and they often go to each other's lockers like they are at Kris' now.

 

 

"That what?" He asks, pulling out his lunch and replacing the empty space with his math book.  Other than Chanyeol, Junmyeon is probably another one of his closer friends. It's practically inevitable to not be at least acquaintances with Junmyeon, who's the only person he vaguely told about his feelings for Chanyeol.

 

 

"They are going to go beyond kissing each other." Junmyeon points out.  The thing about Junmyeon is that, he's so transparent, you can tell that he's lying when he whistles far too often, that he's annoyed just by the tone of his voice, or that he's hiding something when he wrinkles his nose.

 

 

Kris is about to raise his eyebrow to intimidate his friend into telling him but then what he said actually sinks in and he his thoughts literally come into a halt.

 

 

Say what now?

 

 

"They wouldn't go that far, you know how awkward they are at relationships." He snorts, trying to get rid of the sudden feeling of dread that settled low in his stomach.

 

 

"But what if they did?" Junmyeon seems to know how transparent he actually is because he turns his head away from Kris, shrugging a shoulder.

 

 

"I doubt it. Besides, how far would they get?" Kris retorts, rolling his eyes. He finished grabbing his stuff from his locker already but something tells him that Junmyeon wouldn't be able to continue this conversation during lunch.

 

 

"Uhh, far enough to give each other hickeys?"

 

 

Kris closes his locker none too gently, heaving a heavy breath. "You would know this because?"

 

 

"They didn't actually--"

 

 

"Which one of them has a hickey?"

 

 

"Kris, I thought you said this relationship wasn't going to bother you?" Junmyeon asks instead of answering his question, a knowing smile playing on his lips.

 

 

"It's not," Kris insists, "Just tell me, is it Chanyeol?"

 

 

"Why don't you go find that out for yourself?

 

 

 

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

 

 

 

And Kris does. He definitely does after all but begging Chanyeol to come over to his place, which he rejected at first. Sure, he only accepted after his date was Jongin was cancelled because of the dancer’s extended practice but Kris still counts it as a win.

 

 

Even if he had to bear with their affections by sitting next to Chanyeol for the rest of lunch… And the awkward silence that came with ignoring Chanyeol for weeks on their way home.

 

 

It was hard to prompt a conversation when he’s spent a lot of time trying to resist making conversation with the same person. Maybe, the best he did was asking Chanyeol about what his mom would think of him coming over even if he knew the answer already.

 

 

The question still elicits a wide grin to appear on Chanyeol’s face. One of the faces he makes which might appear to be creepy if it was directed to anyone but Kris, who finds it endearing to the point where it’s almost scary.

 

 

“You look cute.” He blurts out in reply when Chanyeol says sorry for smiling.

 

 

Who does that?

 

 

Of course, Chanyeol flushes and crap, Kris has to look away because he isn’t sure if he can handle that without giving out another awkward compliment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris could see how out of place Chanyeol felt, once they arrived at his house, coming up with the great idea of starting a water fight. Which of course, like everything else had started off awkward, but managed to break the tense atmosphere even if they ended up soaking wet.

 

 

The sight of Chanyeol wet might have made Kris panic and strip off his shirt as a flimsy excuse to get out of the room and grab a change of clothes. He definitely wasn’t flushing and avoiding Chanyeol’s face when he asked what he wanted to do next. Nope.

 

 

It’s when he resorted to video games and that’s when it all began to go downhill.

 

 

Kris watches as Chanyeol begins to scoot at the other end of the couch. Laying in what he thinks should be an uncomfortable position, even if Chanyeol tries to make it look like it isn’t, carefully not making any contact with Kris. He wants to laugh, but he mostly just feels frustrated because he thought they’d gotten over the awkward way they started with.

 

 

He reaches over to grab Chanyeol’s arm and maneuver him into a headlock, underestimating the strength he put into pulling the teen when Chanyeol ends up sprawled on top of him. Chanyeol’s face inches away from his and Kris takes a moment to stare at his flustered expression, eyes locked onto his and he’s tempted. Tempted to lean in and... but instead he’s trapping the younger’s head under his arm, ruffling his hair with his left hand.

 

 

And he almost smiles at how panicked Chanyeol’s face looks when he asks to be let go, then he sees it.

 

 

 

A hickey.

 

 

 

He loosens his hold, and Chanyeol escapes. Kris just stares, his smile slipping into a frown and remembers  what Junmyeon told him.

 

 

“Kris?”

 

 

“Chanyeol, what the hell is that on your neck?” Kris asks, although he’s familiar enough with the mark to know that it’s a hickey. There’s two ways Chanyeol can answer his question, it’s either he lies or just outrights tells the truth.

 

 

He’s disappointed to hear that he chooses to do the latter.

 

 

"...It's a bug bite."

 

 

"Chanyeol, I know what a hickey looks like." Kris feels betrayed but belatedly remembers that he has no right to. Any sort of trust Chanyeol had in him probably faded when he started to ignore him. He resorts back to an expression he thinks any concerned friend would have--disappointment.

 

 

"No, no—" Kris just narrows his eyes. Was he that untrustworthy already?

 

 

"Okay, yes it is. But it's not what you thi—"

 

 

"Was Jongin the one who did this?" He asks, trying to keep the spite out of his voice.

 

 

"...Yes, but it was— I wanted to…it was mutual he didn't force me."

 

 

It was ing mutual, meaning that Chanyeol wanted it too. A hickey. How long had they been dating?

 

 

"Really," Kris raises his eyebrows, searching Chanyeol’s expression before he asks, "Chanyeol, do you like Jongin?"

 

 

Chanyeol stutters out a nervous yes and Kris tries not to shake his shoulders, furiously asking “are you sure?”.

 

 

"Don't you think you guys might've gotten too far?" He asks instead, even though he really doesn’t want to hear the answer.

 

 

"What are you guys doing? Jongin, of all the people... are you serious? Isn't it way too early in your relationship for it to get that far? Didn’t you think this through? You’re making a mistake—"

 

 

"Who the hell are you? My mom?" Chanyeol asks, and Kris can tell that if he answers this particular question wrong, he’d be pushing Chanyeol too far. He pauses, before he answers, "No, I'm your best friend."

 

 

Chanyeol, if possible, became angrier than he already was, slowly backing away from Kris. "I didn't come here for a lecture Kris. I actually didn't want to come at all,"

 

 

He didn’t. Of course, why would he want to hang out with the person who’s been ignoring every attempt he made to make plans, Kris thinks bitterly.

 

 

"I don't want to be criticized for the decisions I make, the things I do and who I choose to have a relationship with. You're my best friend. All I want is your support, not to be told off like I was a freakin' kid. You have no right to tell me how I should feel for Jongin or for anyone I have a relationship with."

 

 

Kris didn’t. He doesn’t have the right to say anything at all. Being jealous, doesn't make up for the fact that he's been an to Chanyeol. A realization he doesn’t come to until after he says, "Chanyeol, I'm just trying to tell you that you're making the wrong decision—"

 

 

"If you won't listen to my side of the story what makes you think I'll listen to yours? You won’t even hear me out. And that's the thing, I don't want you to tell me these things, Kris. You could've told me this earlier. Of all the times you could choose from, to bestow some of your wisdom on me. It had to be right now?”

 

 

“Why didn't you tell me this when we walked home together in silence two weeks ago, right after you saw what happened with Jongin in the hallway?" Chanyeol’s form looks tense and Kris resists the urge to pat Chanyeol’s head in an effort to calm the him down.

 

 

"Chanyeol, calm down. Let's talk this out."

 

 

"No, let's not. I tried and let’s face it, It's not like you're going to give me the chance to explain anyway.”

 

 

“Chan—”

 

 

“ off, Kris."

 

 

Kris stares, as Chanyeol picks up his bag and leaves, slamming the door on his way out. He feels like any attempt he has made to make things between them less awkward has gone awry and that he’s disappointed Chanyeol in a huge way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

A/N: please please don't kill me. i should've warned you guys that i was a lazy , consider this your warning ^^;;. i have read the comments over and i think oh-tea-twelve guessed what point of view chapter ten was going to be in (woooohooooooO! :DDD). oh, and i will include luhan's p.o.v. later on probably after this chapter or in chapter 15, idk. this chapter was pretty hard to write mostly because it was hard to think in kris' point of view when i've spent so long thinking in chanyeol's and kai's point of view. again, i'm so sorry for the really really late update, school's been in the way and my grades are getting tier so i'm trying to lessen my time on the computer/phone/tablet (which isn't really working out). i apologize for those who have been waiting for more kailu moments, but i already have stuff planned out for these two ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ.  thank you to old subscribers, new subscribers, voters, and commenters, you guys really really make me happy.