II

The 'Push and Pull' Experiment (ABANDONED)

 

“...What?”

 

 

“I said, go out with me.”

 

 

“Jongin, I literally just told you I liked Kris 2 minutes ago, why are you asking me out?” Chanyeol sputters, standing up from his bed.  He has known Jongin for a while now, so his proposal should not have fazed him as much as it did.

 

 

“Experiment with me. Both of us need to start pushing and stop pulling.” Jongin replies, bored.

 

 

“How is thi- Please, just tell me what you’re planning on doing?”

 

 

Jongin pauses, and Chanyeol can faintly make out the sound of his lips smacking together.

 

 

“Let’s experiment and see where that takes us. We’d be outing ourselves and gaining experience for future relationships. It’s not a romantic relationship, because we both like someone else... and I guess I’m kind of hoping, that this relationship would make them jealous.”

 

 

“Wait, you’re in the same situation too, right? Can I ask who?” Chanyeol perks up, remembering the sentence ‘I’m in a similar situation’, written on the piece of paper.

 

 

“Luhan. Ever since, I’ve performed with him for the dance showcase.” Jongin whispers, sounding embarrassed and flustered.

 

 

“Wait, wait, wait. What happened? Whe-”

 

 

“Chanyeol, yes or no?” Jongin sighs,

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“Will you go out with me?” He repeats.

 

 

“This is experimental right? Does this mean, we have to.. kiss and hold hands, date? Or is it just to make to them jealous?”

 

 

“Both, it’s like a milder concept ‘friends with benefits’. No dates, we just hang out like regular friends... That’s kind of what I meant by gaining experience, by kissing, holding hands, or.. oh god, this is embarrassing.” Jongin cuts himself off, clearing his throat before continuing.

 

 

“If we do this, we’d have to out ourselves to our friends, an-”

 

 

“No, no, I get it. Yes, let’s give this a try.” Chanyeol interrupts, nodding to himself. It wasn’t a bad idea. He’d get experience in those sort of things, he’d be giving Kris the space that he needs, and he could’ve done worse. Jongin is probably one of the most good-looking people he knows.

 

 

“What? okay, okay great! I’ll pick you up tomorrow, and we’ll go to school together.” Jongin replies quickly. Chanyeol laughs at the excited tone of his voice, smacking his hands against his thighs.  He could’ve done way worse.


 

 


//

 

 

 

 

 

Ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh, ooh ooh, gwiyeopge

Ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh, ooh ooh, yeppeuge

 

 

 

Chanyeol groans, moving towards the other side the bed to turn off the alarm clock.  Why he doesn’t have a lock for his room to keep his sister out and away from his alarm clock, he will never know.  He gets up, dazed, heading to the washroom to wash up and prepare for school.

 

 

His morning ritual is as passive as usual, and he eats his cereal as he waits for Jongin to text him when he’s at the front door. It’s exciting and scary to think about how the day might go, and come to think of it Jongin never told Chanyeol when they were going to tell them about their relationship. Chanyeol wonders how his friends would react,if they’d be disgusted or repulsed. If Kris would react or just revert back to ignoring him.He taps his fingers against his leg, suddenly nervous and terrified, and his phone suddenly vibrates against the table. Chanyeol checks to see a text message from Jongin:  

 

 

 

I’m here.

 

 

 

He sends a quick text back, saying ‘okay ^^’ , grabbing his bag and heading to the front door after saying goodbye to his sister who just woke up. Chanyeol grins, when he sees Jongin outside, yawning and probably still half-asleep.

 

 

“Hi.” Chanyeol greets,

 

 

“Here, wear this.” Jongin hands him a plain, silver bracelet. Chanyeol sends him a questioning look and Jongin holds up his left wrist which has a matching bracelet, in return. Chanyeol flushes, taking the bracelet before putting it on his right wrist.

 

 

“Thank you.” Chanyeol mutters, and he hesitantly takes Jongin’s left hand into his own. This isn’t so bad, Chanyeol thinks. He doesn’t mind the warmth Jongin’s calloused hands provided, and it felt way better than when he held his ex-girlfriend’s hand. It was more comfortable, and it fit better. Jongin’s ears turn red, and he starts walking.

 

 

“So, what’s the plan?” Chanyeol prompts, swinging their intertwined hands between them.

 

 

“Let’s see, we head to school, try to meet our friends like this before classes start, tell them we’re dating and head off to our respective classes. I’ll just warn you, we’d have to be skinship-y the entire day, I hope you don’t mind that.” Jongin replies, stopping to look left and right before crossing and intersection.

 

 

“I know what it’s like to be in a relationship, Jongin. I don’t think the skinship part changes much, we were already pretty touchy.” Chanyeol shoots back, laughing. He pauses, lifting Jongin’s hand to his lips to place a short peck at the back of his hand. Jongin chuckles, giving Chanyeol’s hand a light squeeze.  They joke the rest of their way to school, predicting how their friends might react.

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

“We’re dating.” Jongin says for the third time to their friends sitting around in a circle on the grass near the school gate.

 

 

“You guys are dating?” Kyungsoo asks, eyes wider than usual. Behind him, Jongdae snickers then groans when Baekhyun smacks him on the back. Junmyeon seems to be stuck with a shocked expression, Sehun looks amused and Yixing smiles idly. Some had taken the news in the first time around, like Minseok who just nodded, carrying on his conversation with Tao who had had a similar reaction.  

 

 

“I swear, Kyungsoo that is the third time I-”

 

 

“Yes, I know, you guys didn’t even know we were gay, I-” Chanyeol tries to explain, with Jongin scowling impatiently beside him.

 

 

“Trust me, we knew you were a long time ago and Jongin already told us that he was. It doesn't matter if you are anyway, you're still the same Chanyeol.” Jongdae cuts in, and the relief Chanyeol feels is only temporary until starts to wonder how they found out.

 

 

“Wha-”

 

 

“I told you, you were obvious Yeol.” Jongin interrupts, lightly kissing his cheek. Chanyeol squirms, smiling fondly, whispering ‘You didn’t tell me you told them.’. Jongin winks back. Sehun groans, smacking Jongin and Chanyeol’s heads with his binder.

 

 

“No PDA, please.” Baekhyun snorts, crinkling his nose in distaste. He grins at both of them and motions for them to take a seat beside him. They sit down, Jongin relaxing against the wall with Chanyeol leaning against him.  

 

 

“You guys are so cute, you make me want to puke.” Yixing states, making a gagging expression. Minseok pats him on the back knowingly.

 

 

“Oh god, can you guys get any closer?” Tao teases, lightly shoving Chanyeol’s shoulder. Chanyeol whines, wrapping an arm around the Jongin’s waist to steady himself.  Jongin smiles indulgently, saying “How good are we?”, in a hushed tone when Tao turns away.  Chanyeol covers his mouth to avoid cracking up.  

 

 

“Hey Kris!” Baekhyun waves Kris over, and Chanyeol burrows his head into Jongin’s neck, flustered. Jongin leans down whispering, “Hey, it’s fine. You’re a natural, he won’t even notice. If he does, I’ll talk to him if you want.”. He nods, quietly saying please. Jongin pats his thigh affectionately.

 

 

“You’ll never guess what happened,” Joonmyun starts, watching as Kris narrows his eyes at Jongin who smirks at him while Chanyeol’s thigh. Joonmyun reverts back to his shocked look, a look of understanding dawns on his face and he coughs slightly.

 

 

“What? What happened?” Kris replies, tensing up.

 

 

“Chanyeol and Jongin are dating.” Sehun answers, gesturing to Jongin who’s whispering something into Chanyeol’s ear. Kris glances at them, grunting before sitting down next to Yixing. Chanyeol looks up, waving ‘hi’ to Kris before turning back to Jongin.

 

 

“He’s not reacting at all,” Chanyeol whispers to Jongin, taking a quick look at Kris talking to Jongdae. It’s understandable, it’s not like he liked me anyways, Chanyeol thinks forlornly.  Jongin shakes his head, pinching Chanyeol’s cheeks.

 

 

“You really can’t read body language, can you? Why are you whispering? No one’s listening”

 

 

“Because my voice is loud.” Chanyeol whispers back, smiling at the amused expression he gets from Jongin.

 

 

“Look carefully,” Jongin instructs, Chanyeol does, seeing that Kris is still talking back and forth from Jongdae and Baekhyun.

 

 

“Do you see how he’s all tensed up and how he’s quieter? How he keeps glancing at us? Don’t keep looking, idiot” Jongin says, turning Chanyeol’s head back to face him.

 

 

“You’re too obvious, but did you see it?”

 

 

Chanyeol shakes his head. Quieter? Does Jongin not notice how Kris is having two simultaneous conversations at once?

 

 

“No, he seems normal to me. He seems like he doesn’t care like always.”

 

 

Jongin sighs, grabbing his hand. He leans in, whispering ”Watch, look at how he’ll react to this.”

 

 

Jongin presses his lips against his softly. Chanyeol closes his eyes hesitantly when he sees Jongin’s eyes close, not really knowing what to do. His only experience being a quick peck on the lips from a girl he briefly dated for three weeks in his first year of high school.  Jongin places a hand at the back of his neck, pulling him closer. Chanyeol  kisses back, tentatively puckering his lips. They stay in the same position for a few seconds, neither pulling away or pushing the other any further.

 

 

Jongin pauses, pulling back briefly, leaning his forehead against Chanyeol’s to breathe. He stares at Chanyeol’s expression for a moment before tilting his head slightly to place brief and delicate pecks on his lips. This isn’t bad, Chanyeol thinks as he tries to reciprocate with each kiss. Jongin stops, and Chanyeol focuses on his swollen lips, guessing that his own lips were probably in the same state.

 

 

The kisses were soft,and innocent, and it wasn’t bad. He wonders if Kris kisses the same way Jongin does.  Chanyeol nuzzles his nose against Jongin’s cheek, and Jongin chuckles. He feels the stares directed in their direction, and shifts his attention from Jongin’s growing smirk towards their friends. Chanyeol fleetingly looks at his friends, gauging their reactions, eyes momentarily lingering on Kris. 

 

A brief expression of irritation passes over Kris’ face but it’s gone as quick as it came, and Chanyeol struggles to remember the furrowed eyebrows, hard stare and downturned lips.  Jongin rolls his eyes as if to say I told you so, holding out his hand.  Chanyeol suppresses a smile of satisfaction, choosing instead to take Jongin’s proffered hand in a loose grip.

 

 

 

 

-

 

A/N:  thank you again to all those people who subscribed and commented ^^ i'll do my best to give you guys more frequent updates (●´∀`●) and just to let you guys know, i usually don't post a chapter unless the next one is written, so the third chapter is written but i won't post it until i finish writing the fourth chapter _:(´□`」 ∠):_ soo, until then :D a big thank you to all you guys who subscribed and commented :)