X pt. 2

The 'Push and Pull' Experiment (ABANDONED)

A/N: Part 2!

 

 

 

 

//

 

 

Maybe he’s been poring over every aspect of the argument he had with Chanyeol, coming to the conclusion that really the only way he can get at least a general understanding of what Chanyeol must be thinking of, is to ask someone he’s closely to. Namely, Jongin.

 

 

‘Politely, you are going to ask him politely Kris’ is the last thing Kris thinks to himself whilst he waits for Jongin right outside of school after a week of trying but failing to at least apologize to Chanyeol.

 

 

Jongin appears with his bag haphazardly slung over his shoulders.

 

 

Politely.

 

 

Kris roughly pulls Jongin aside by his bag pinning him against a wall to a less crowded section of the school.

 

 

“What did you do to Chanyeol?” Kris all but growls, watching Jongin’s reaction range from blank and realization to a -eating grin on his face. Kris feels the overwhelming urge to knee him in the balls.

 

 

Jongin still has that smile on his face when he answers, “What any other couple would do after a month and a half of dating.”


 

Kris bites out, a strangled what? and the irritating smile Jongin had on his face gets bigger.  


 

“I’ll let you come to your own conclusions, Kris.”

 

 

“It is not funny Jongin, what you’re doing to Chanyeol.”

 

 

“What am I doing Kris?”

 

 

“You—”


 

“Let me tell you something Kris,” Jongin smirks, interrupting Kris’ pretty ty explanation of how Jongin might be taking advantage of Chanyeol. He knows Jongin wouldn’t that. Kris knows that they’ve already been close prior to their relationship.  

 

 

“I took a chance on Chanyeol that you were too scared to actually act on.” Jongin continues, stepping forward urging Kris to go backwards.

 

 

“The excuse you keep saying about thinking of Chanyeol as family is bull. Chanyeol might not see that, but I do and if you didn’t figure that out before...Well, I’m pointing it out right now.”

 

 

Kris winces, noting the sly grin that Jongin’s expression has turned into. He returns it with a glare of his own. “Chanyeol will kill me for saying this, but this was a long time ago and I’m sure he doesn’t feel this way right now...So he might not mind it if I say this now. Chanyeol liked you, so much that the moment you started to ignore him he was devastated and barely kept up that stupid disguise that made it seem like he was happy all the time.”

 

 

Kris is surprised. Chanyeol couldn’t have, Kris would’ve noticed.

 

 

He could have, he doubts Chanyeol likes him very much now.

 

 

Jongin scowls, “You wouldn’t notice, of course. You didn’t even pay any attention to him but I did. I saw my chance and I took it. I did what you should have done and look where I am now.”

 

 

Kris wanted to say that he would have told Chanyeol that he liked him back, if he knew, and that he regretted that he didn’t. Jongin wouldn’t have gotten his chance at all, and the weeks of ignoring Chanyeol wouldn’t have happened. But he didn’t because like he was with Chanyeol, he was too much of a coward to have done so.

 

“If you dislike our relationship so much, do something smart about it. Instead of telling Chanyeol off for making a stupid decision.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol!”

 

 

 

Kris pants, actually managing to barely catch Chanyeol after his class and he can just tell from the brief peek of the morose expression on Chanyeol’s face, that Kris is the last person he would like to see right now.

 

 

“Wait up!" Kris pants, as pissed as Chanyeol is right now, Kris needed to hear a confirmation to what Jongin told him the day before. It was a pretty selfish reason, he knew. He also knows that if he hears Chanyeol say yes, he would at least have the courage to say that he likes him back.

 

 

"What, Kris.” Kris tries not to wince, at the way Chanyeol practically grits out his name.

 

 

"It's just that, I heard from Jongin- That.. You.." Kris stutters.

 

 

"Spit it out."

 

 

He takes a pause at the severeness of Chanyeol’s voice but moves forward nonetheless, and replies with a determined voice. "That you used to like me."

 

 

"Yes, I did." Despite the gasp, Chanyeol just took his expression doesn’t change and the fact that it didn’t scares Kris.

 

 

 

Until what Chanyeol says actually sinks in and he asks, "You did?"

 

 

Did. Not do, did. Past not present, of course what did he expect? There’s no reason why Chanyeol would still like him.  

 

 

"I'm not going to lie to you, I liked you for a long time. I realized it during my freshman year but I think it started way before that," Chanyeol sighs, like just remembering it was either one of the most tiring things he had to go through or painful things he had to go through. Either way, isn’t very good.

 

 

"Then you began ignoring me and I thought about what I did. Did you somehow manage to find out? So, I tried to lessen the amount of time I spent amount of time with you...hoping that we could still be friends."

 

 

Kris couldn’t say anything to that, he couldn’t.

 

 

"You still didn't give me the time of day, you couldn't even talk to me for five minutes and pretend to be interested. It hurt, a lot. You didn’t even tell me what I did wrong, you made it seem like you didn’t even care enough to tell me." Chanyeol laughs, his voice hoarse with the effort of preventing the tears gathering around his eyes to fall.

 

 

Kris feels like a selfish . Someone who had to watch someone get hurt to actually realize just how selfish and how much of an he’d been. He wants to hug Chanyeol, to pull him close and apologize, but even that sounds like a selfish thing to do.

 

 

"It took me awhile to get over it but I did. Then, Jongin asked me out and I figured. Why not? Why would I want to keep torturing myself by liking a guy who would never like me back, when I could be happy in a relationship of my own?" Chanyeol swallows, and Kris wants nothing more but to apologize, to confess that he felt the same. That he still does.

 

 

"So, you're right Kris. I did like you, but I still consider you as my best friend and what you said. I find it hard to forgive you for saying those things."

 

 

Chanyeol leaves, and as much as Kris wants to chase after him he can’t. He wouldn’t know what to do, he doesn’t deserve Chanyeol after what he has put him through, he doesn’t.

 

 

 

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

 

 

 

how do you make it up to someone who you’ve been really ty to. - Kris

 

 

I have a vague feeling that you’re talking about Chanyeol. - Junmyeon

 

 

how? - Kris

 

 

To make it up to him or how did I know it was Chanyeol? - Junmyeon

 

 

how would you make it up to a person you liked, someone you hurt because you’ve been a selfish ? - Kris

 

 

I can’t answer that question for you, man. - Junmyeon

 

 

 

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nothing can ever prepare Kris for the phone call that came from Chanyeol.

 

 

"Hello?"

 

 

He considers it to be one of those accidental calls you make when your phone is placed in your pocket and you hit one of the speed dial numbers by mistake, when he gets no reply. It's an occurrence that embarrasses both parties but mostly the one who made the call so he considers hanging up not wanting to anger Chanyeol further, until he hears sheets rustling.

 

 

There's the faint sound of Chanyeol's voice muttering, "Jongin, what are you doing?"

 

 

Followed by several whispers before a gasp is heard along with the unmistakable sound a pair of lips would make once they come in contact with skin. Kris stops, he really hopes he wasn't hearing what he was hearing. He wants to hang up but at the same time maintain the connection in order to confirm his suspicions.

 

 

He hears subtle pants and the unmistakable shuffling of clothes and a whimper, he's certain didn't come from Chanyeol. Several noises filter through the phone the irregular smacking of lips, and several groans. Kris can feel his fists clench and he wants to scream at the phone tell them to stop.

 

 

He doesn't.

 

 

The higher than normal whine is heard along with the words, "Nn, Jongin.". It pushes Kris over his limit and he resolutely ends the call. That was Chanyeol's voice.

 

 

Whining, gasping and groaning. All the things he shamefully dreamt about Chanyeol doing with parted shiny lips, a flushed face, whilst arching his back but chose not to acknowledge.

 

 

Except unlike his dreams it wasn't his name that fell from those lips, it was Jongin's. And he feels a sudden surge of anger and regret.

 

 

Jongin was right, he had been too much of a coward to actually face Chanyeol head on. He ran away when he had the chance. It should have been Kris kissing Chanyeol, getting away with touches that were too intimate to be considered friendly, and the first person that he would go to when he had problems.

 

 

He’ll make it up to Chanyeol, that phone call was nothing. Even if it is, he doesn’t have a right to to say anything. He can’t and he won’t, what he needs to do is to be the supportive friend that Chanyeol needs then maybe tell him how he feels. Kris wouldn’t saddle his confession after the number of fights that they’ve had, he needs to make it up to him first. He ed up and he needs to fix it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

 

 

 

And maybe it's a testament to Kris  just how much he ed up when he heads over to Chanyeol's place the next day, a pathetic attempt at an apology at the tip of his tongue and sees Chanyeol heading out with his neck littered with hickeys.

 

 

Kris counted two, but thats still two too many.

 

 

Then he hears Jongin say 'Kris' and he realizes, wow how long had Jongin been there.  He swallows, and suddenly his mouth is too dry to say anything but 'hi'.

 

 

Jongin raises his eyebrows at him and Chanyeol... Well, Chanyeol doesn't even acknowledge the fact that Kris is there. Chanyeol grabs Jongin's hand and roughly pulls him to start walking towards the direction of their school.

 

 

"Chanyeol!"

 

 

Chanyeol looks back to spare him a glance to greet, giving him a slight but forced smile. “Hey Kris, we’re kind of in a hurry. So, I’ll see you at school.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

A/N: really really ty of me, months of no updates, please forgive me. i have to bring up my grades before the year comes to an end, so i'm trying to avoid going on any device that can access the internet, which honestly isn't working out. just a warning, due to that the next chapter isn't probably going to be posted until i finish at least, my major projects. next chapter is in kai's p.o.v. btw. which hooray! kailu moments! ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ luhan's p.o.v. is going to come way way later on and unlike kris' p.o.v. isn't going to come from all the way from the beginning maybe just three or four chapters prior to it. also, i have an essay to write in another language, that's due on wednesday help me please so i haven't had the chance to fully proofread it and i probably won't get the chance to start on the chapter right away -.-" thank you to old subscribers, new subscribers, voters, and commenters, you guys really really make me happy.