Chapter 7

Flight of Love

“Jagiya, please wake up I am waiting for you” Heejin was holding tightly onto Kris arm, putting his warm hand around her own face trying to reconnect with him. Days without Kris by her side was painful, she didn’t notice how much she relied on Kris until he was now resting stationarily on this bed. Everyday after work, she would come and visit Kris in the hospital, waiting for his lifeless body to recognise her touches.
“Do you still remember your promise?” she whispered to Kris, tracing her fingers softly along the outline of his face. Reminiscing the day how Kris confess to her.
***
“Finally we finished our last exam for this semester!” Heejin stretched her arms out feeling relieved while Kris smirked at Heejin’s remark.
“Excuse me, would you guys like to try out this game for us?” the boy handed out a flyer to them.
Heejin and Kris scanned their eyes through the flyer, “But this is for couples?!?!” they said in unison.
“Oh no, this game is for anyone?” the boy was enthusiastically encouraging them to try out the game.
“Kris, can we please try it, it seems pretty fun!” Heejin beamed.
“Fine, I will try the game” Kris replied knowing the fact that he couldn’t reject Heejin, he ruffled Heejin hair teasingly, while they enter into a glass box.
“Eh...The space is really confine in here.” Heejin stated
“Well you wanted to come him, didn’t you?”
“Oh my god Kris, they are blowing up balloon in here” Heejin screamed.
Kris quickly embrace Heejin knowing that she was scared, he put his hand around Heejin ear to protect her from being scared, uncontrollably Heejin started blushing, as it was the first time they had such type of skinship, she was too embarrassed, she swiftly ducked her head down to avoid the sight of Kris. The confine box was gradually  getting even smaller as the balloon was dominating the interior,  unintentionally Heejin wrapped her hands around Kris waist trying to search for assurance.

The protection from Kris has brought her comfort she courageously look up to Kris, she saw Kris looking intently into her eyes. That split second whole world seem to have stop, she saw Kris whispering words to her but she couldn’t hear a single word because Kris hands were blocking her hearing.
Heejin stated “What did you say?” knowing the balloon were inflating rapidly, Heejin tip toed higher and put her hands around Kris ears and smiled at him. Kris said his sincere feeling again but the balloons started popping, Once again Heejin couldn’t hear a phrase that was voicing out of Kris’s mouth. As the balloon was popping more frequently Heejin snuggled into Kris warm embrace.
The boy glided open the glass door and stated “You can come out now”
“Isn’t it nice to be back out in fresh air” Heejin smiled while feeling content, and not to mentioned she felt slightly embarrassed after being in such confined space with Kris.
Kris grabbed on to Heejin arm and forcefully pulled her back and spun her around.
“I have... something... to tell you” he stuttered
Heejin stared blankly at Kris, feeling her face was starting to heat up.
“I love you.”
Heejin was startled by Kris sudden confession, before she could react to Kris’s confession, Kris fearlessly kissed her.