Chapter 5

Flight of Love

Ever since that day Heejin became good friends with Suho, knowing that he was Kris's childhood friend, Suho tried not to think of her as his crush, but his friend, even though it hurts to see her, but being able to see her, make him feel slightly less painful , as he can create memories that belong to them and not Kris. For the first time he envies Kris, but he couldn't dare himself to snatch Heejin away from Kris. All he can do is forever being by her side supporting her and bear all those amicable pain.
 

Suho POV
 

Every time seeing her smiling at me, my heart just flutter, the agony in my heart just stops, it’s like as if we were a couple, but all this fantasy of mine just shatters, when I see her clinging on to Kris’s arm. I can only forever protect her in the shadow, being her best friend, she will never realise I love her, and how much I wanted her to be mine.
“Suho...Suho...” Heejin was swinging her hands in front of my sight.
“Were you calling me just then...sorry I was thinking of something.” I sheepishly smiled back.
“What were you thinking about?”

“I was just thinking where we should eat next.”
Before Heejin could respond, I just grabbed her hand and dragged her to the closest  ice cream store. Skinship... everytime I touch her, I can feel electricity flowing in my body, I like that feeling, but I know she doesn’t feel the same towards me. I am just a person no other than her best friend. Who was always there with her when Kris was not around. We eat together, we shop together, we have fun together, I guess I am someone who she can freely talk to, I mean we are pretty compatible with each other, with our common interest. We are fated to be friends right? Everytime I hear her soft gentle voice drumming into my ear, I just wanted more, more than just being friends. Why can’t she be mine?


End of POV

 

“Suho, pass me the ice cream.” Heejin whined
“Our Heejin will become fat if she eats the whole cup of ice cream to herself.” Suho quickly shuff the last scoop of ice cream in his mouth and teased, “All gone!”
“Aigoo, Suho oppa is an idiot.” Heejin laughed, and signaled Suho to move closer, Heejin wiped the ice cream off the corner of his mouth.

“Gomawoyo, Heejin” Suho thank Heejin, without directly looking into her eyes.  Everytime Heejin touches him, it just makes his heart flutters.