Chapter eight.

Making a lady.

“Uh,”

“Um,”

There’s a pause before Zitao yelps and pushes Kris off her with all her might, but he doesn’t budge.

“Kris.” Zitao says, hands resting on his shoulders. Kris only smirks and Zitao grimaces, she doesn not ever want to see that up close ever again.

“Kris, what are you doing?” Luhan asks, everyone else curious with him.

Kris ignores him, “This is payback, look how weak you look underneath me—“

Zitao bites the inside of her cheek, she is not weak. Not ever. There’s a thud and then a grunt and Kris is lying next to her grabbing onto his lower regions.

“She kicked me!” He sobs, “She kicked me...” He says in a much quieter voice.

Zitao shrugs, and heaves her dress up with her.

“I won’t be able to have children!” Kris wails and Zitao sneers.

“No one would want to have your children anyway.”

 

The first days of November are cold and for the girls, their wardrobes aren’t the best attire for the weather.

“Alright. We’re going to the mall.” Baekhyun stands up and Kyungsoo follows.

Chanyeol looks up from his homework, “You’re done already?” Chanyeol looks upset and Baekhyun laughs.

“Yes. Kyungsoo and I are going to look for winter clothes.”

“No, it’s ‘Kyungsoo and me’.” Chanyeol shakes his finger at Baekhyun and all she does is cringe.

“What?” Chanyeol asks when the two girls are staring at him.

“Good luck on your English homework Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo says before the two make their way down stairs.

Chanyeol shakes his head. Silly girls.

 

Zitao’s lazing around on the sofa when the two girls are putting their coats on. “Where are you guys going?” She asks, standing up to see but gets pulled back by Sehun who was busy hugging her.

“To the mall. You wanna come Zitao?” Kyungsoo smiles and Baekhyun is nodding her head.

“Nah, I’ll pass.” Zitao leans back into Sehun’s arms and Sehun rests his chin on her head.

“Alright then. Bye!” The two girls wave before disappearing out the door.

“Bye!” The four teens reply, not bothering to look up from the tv.

Zitao is too busy distracted by the tv that she doesn’t notice Jongin’s calling out to her.

“Zitao! Woman! Answer me!” Is what Zitao hears when her attention goes to the boy calling her.

Jongin sinks himself into the sofa, “I’ll take that back.”

Zitao nods in approval, “What was it anyway?”

“Why didn’t you go with them?” Jongin asks.

“Yeah! You could have got more dresses!” Luhan chimes in, smiling brightly.

“You looked pretty Zitao.” Jongin gives her a warm smile and Zitao’s stomach stirs.

“You did!” Luhan cheers, sticking his thumbs in the air.

Her stomach stirs even more until it reaches . “Don’t say that.”

Jongin and Luhan frown, what was this girl talking about?

“But—Zitao. You did, you are pretty.” Luhan laughs and Jongin nods.

“I said—“ Zitao feels like she’s going to be sick. “Excuse me.”

The girl clasps a hand onto and runs up the stairs.

“What’s up with her?” Jongin jabs a thumb to the direction of the stairs and Luhan shrugs.

Sehun stands up to follow his friend. “I’m gonna check up on her-“

“Sehun-ah, you must know, right?” Luhan’s hand is on Sehun’s wrist. Sehun glares at him, but Luhan actually looks concerned, so does Jongin.

Sehun’s face scrunches up, “I think it’s best if she tells you...”

“Do you really think that’s gonna happen?” Luhan lifts an eyebrow and Sehun sighs.

“Well you guys do live with each other...” Luhan and Jongin are leaning closer and Sehun bops their noses.

“Alright, so it was when we were about fourteen? Fifteen? And well Zitao had come into town roughly two years ago from then and of course she was the only Chinese girl at the time and she got picked on by some fat wads. And all the girls were maturing and having the best clothes and and spraying ugly on themselves. But Zitao was kinda chubby, because she had all her baby fat, and I personally thought it was cute. Anyway, there was this dude in the year above us and she had a crush on him because he was ‘different’ and she knew him through her wushu class and stuff. And then she like confessed to him and he laughed in her face and said he only dated pretty girls and he told the whole school and it was just hell for her you know? So she moved back to china and left me and Baekhyun but we still saw each other at summer and stuff and came back when we were sixteen and she looked beautiful as ever but she had no self confidence and other minor things I shouldn’t tell you about.” Sehun finishes and suddenly frowns, he didn’t think he ever wanted to talk about it or remember it. It was hell for Zitao, she had to see therapists and take medication for anti-depression, her mother thought she could cover it up with pretty dresses and make-up and her father couldn’t look at her.

Luhan and Jongin nod slowly, taking in all the information.

“So...” Jongin starts.

“Is that all?” Luhan finishes.

Sehun bites his tongue, “What do you mean?”

“Like, it’s been four years hasn’t it?” Jongin shrugs.

Luhan frowns,“Yeah, and she’s actually really attractive probably one of the prettiest girls in the school along with Baek and Soo. Why can’t she just realise she’s pretty—“

Sehun stands from his seat, eyes dark, “What do you mean, why can’t she just realise she’s pretty? You don’t understand do you? People like you who have it easy. I don’t even know why I bothered.” Sehun leaves the room, Jongin and Luhan speechless.

 

When Sehun finds her, the water faucet is running and Zitao is slumped over the sink, her eyes not daring to look in the mirror.

“Why do they say things like that Sehun?” Sehun frowns and makes his way to the girl.

Zitao suddenly looks very small and Sehun sighs. Pulling the girl into his arm and her hair.

“They shouldn’t lie to me.” Zitao whispers and all Sehun can do is hold her close.

The moment is cut short for the two best friends when they hear the front door slam.

There’s muffled talking and heavy footsteps. Kris walks past the bathroom, “Hi Sehun, hey crying Zitao,”

Kris slowly walks back, stopping at the bathroom. “Hey, Zitao are you alright?”

Zitao nods, wiping her eyes. “What did you say you wanted for dinner again?” Kris laughs, “Oh yeah, hotpot please!” The two make their way down the stairs and Sehun smiles briefly.

a/n

It has been a long time! wow wow wow it's not even halloween anymore tbh, r/n it's still Nov in the story setting.