Chapter six.

Making a lady.

School had gone by quickly, but that was probably because Zitao and Sehun decided to skip a few classes. Baekhyun had joined around 3rd period, folding her skirt neatly before taking a seat on the roof of the school building.

"So is it a yes or a no on the hide and seek alone multiplayer?" Zitao grinned and Sehun and Baekhyun stared, "No!"


Kyungsoo had come after school again dressed as cat woman. (Jongin had to go excuse himself while he splashed cold water onto his cheeks.)
Baekhyun had come as a zombie school girl, Chanyeol decided to be the Easter bunny, Kris had dressed up as Dracula, Jongin was Eren Yeager from Attack on Titan, Sehun went along with Zitao and agreed to be a skeleton with her and Luhan thought it would be fun to cross dress as a doll.

Everyone was gathered in the living room waiting for Zitao to return from the kitchen. The girl had been so happy for the whole day, she even called Chanyeol, Luhan and Kris oppa, Baekhyun unni and she single handedly decorated the whole house.

"We have Doritos, salsa, guacamole, popcorn, pop tarts, chocolate, whipped cream and much more!" Zitao grinned, arms stacked with bowls and packets.
Sehun stood from the couch and helped to spread the snacks around.

Zitao happily sat herself on the couch and Sehun followed. Jongin sat himself at their feet and Kyungsoo plopped herself next to him. Kris sat in an armchair holding an odd alpaca plushie and Chanyeol took a seat next to Baekhyun who was leaning against Sehun’s legs. Luhan took the last spot next to Sehun and Sehun snickered, “You look like a bimbo.”

Luhan whacked his head and Sehun stuck his tongue out, Luhan copied and Zitao decided it would be fun to mess with them, so with a simple nudge Sehun fell forward almost Luhan’s own tongue which was sticking out, “Zitao!” Sehun whined and Luhan flushed.
Zitao threw her head back in laughter, kicking her legs up which had hit an unsuspecting Jongin, “Hey!”

"Karma." Zitao kicked again and Jongin playfully grabbed her feet.

 

-hours ago while everyone was getting ready-

 

"How do I look?" Kris slid into the hallway, hair sleeked back and eyeliner flicked. Chanyeol laughed and Kris glared, "You’re one to talk." Kris rose a brow at the grown boy in front of him dressed in a bubblegum pink tuxedo with two bunny ears poking up from his
fire dyed hair.

Jongin stepped out from his room,
the other two stopped laughing at each other and turned the attention to the youngest.

"You were actually serious." Kris cupped a hand over his mouth and Chanyeol copied, but couldn’t help himself and let out a loud laugh, shoulders shaking and hands clapping together, "He—he even did the hair!" Chanyeol dropped to the floor and Jongin pouted, "You guys are jerks."

Jongin sauntered off to Zitao’s room, exaggerating his steps as he went, “Hey Zitao, can I come in?”

"Yeah sure Eren Yeager!" Zitao chirped back.

"Someone understands me!" Jongin threw his hands in the air, Zitao laughed and turned around facing Jongin.

"How do I look?"

Jongin’s eyes widened, “Whoa, you did the face as well and you look scary as , be right back.”

Jongin returned moments later holding a bag and some bunny ears, “Put it on.”

Zitao looked into the bag, “Please don’t tell me this is what I think it is…”

"Playboy bunny!"

Kris and Chanyeol had still been laughing at Jongin when a loud crash was heard, the source of the sound had rolled into the hallway.

"Someone remind me that Zitao knows wushu and I should never attempt to fight back." Jongin groaned picking himself up from the ground.

"What did you do…."

"She-she-"

Jongin’s sentence gets cut off as a happy Zitao skips down the hall.

"You ready guys?" Zitao smiles her skull painted face grins and it looks god damn disturbing.

"What are you Zitao?" Chanyeol stares at the girl, black Lolita dress up to her ankles and long black hair draping down her back.

"The princess of death!" Zitao chirps clasping her hands together.

"Do you think Qian noona will be happy she’s at least wearing a dress?"

 

-present time-
 

“The movies starting!” Zitao threw her hands in the air. Everyone had settled on watching some werewolf movie because Sehun had reminded her that everyone would probably soil themselves if they watched the movie she had picked.

"I still think you should’ve been Levi." Jongin nonchantly shrugs half way through the movie and Sehun eyes him, "Shut up."

 

The movie had finished a long time ago and the living room’s a mess.

"We better tidy up." Baekhyun stretches and Chanyeol follows helping her pick up the mess.

Kyungsoo walks over to the light switch to turn the lights back on but t doesn’t turn on.

Kyungsoo tries multiple times and Jongin tries the light in the kitchen; the only thing on is the TV.

Panic washes over everyone’s face and no, this is all a prank they think; because it’s Halloween right?

“Hey, um where’s Zitao?” Kris is holding on tight to a cushion and he’s right; because Zitao’s missing and a horror fan on the loose during Halloween in a pitch black mansion is bad.

Sehun remains pokerfaced because he knows what Zitao’s up to; she does this every year.

Baekhyun clings to Sehun’s side, “Last year was much worse right?” She whispers and Sehun looks down at her, “You can’t predict Zitao and judging from all the horror movies we bought her at her birthday, she has more ideas.”

The only sound in the mansion is statics of the television and a dripping noise. Sehun’s eyes widen and takes out his phone using it as a light.

“Where are you going?” Baekhyun grabs his hand and Kris follows Sehun.

“I know where she is.” Sehun makes his way up the stairs, “Don’t you wanna stay down here?”

“Ace is missing.”

“Who’s Ace?”

“My alpaca plushie.”

“Oh god, I am so sorry for your loss.” Sehun places a hand on Kris’ shoulder and Kris looks scared.

The dripping sound gets louder until they’re near the bathroom door. Sehun pushes the door open and Zitao’s sitting on the bathroom floor, bath full of water and a few candles around the bathroom. Zitao’s sitting in front of some sort of alpaca toy. There’s a bowl of rice, red thread and a knife. Before Zitao can cut open the poor toy Sehun runs to her tipping the bowl of rice over.

“Zitao! Not Hide and seek alone please.”

Kris is standing at the door horrified and Zitao’s pouting, “You always ruin the fun!”

“Give the poor boy his doll back.” Zitao huffs and hands the alpaca into Kris’ hands.

 

They’re back in the living room, the lights are still off because Zitao refused to tell them where the power station in the house was.

“So what were you trying to do?” Kyungsoo asks wearily.

“Hide and seek alone, but we can play multiplayer if you want!” Zitao looks hopeful.

“No, me and Baekhyun played midnight man with you last year. That’s the last time we’re doing anything.” Sehun sighs and Baekhyun nods.

“That’s brave.” Luhan folds his arms.

“What’s hide and seek alone?” Jongin asks, shifting closer to Kyungsoo.

Zitao laughs manically and holds a flashlight under her face, “Well, it’s a game you play with the dead. You take all the filling out from the doll and fill the doll with rice, and then everyone puts a part of them inside the doll, hair, blood or nail clippings. You then sew the doll up with red thread and give the doll a name, preferably someone you hate.” Zitao pauses and everyone’s clinging onto one another. She continues, “In the beginning, you play hide and seek normally and everyone takes turns on being ‘it’ make sure the doll is the last seeker. The last person to be it when his/her time comes, has to say to the plushie, “The next ‘it’ is____(the name of the last person who plays ‘it’),” for three times. Next go to the bathroom and out the plushie inside the bathtub full of water. Leave the plushie and go back to the hiding place. Close your eyes and count to ten. Find everybody and when you’re done, hold the knife and wander around a bit and then go the bathroom. When you find the plushie say the plushies name and say, I found you and then stab it with a knife, then you say the next it is the plushie then everyone runs away and hides.” Jongin’s face is pale and Kris is huddling next to Chanyeol, “To end the game one person will put the salt water in their mouth and look for the doll, when the find the doll you have to spit the salt water on the doll and say I found you, player 1 has found you, the players left are player 2, 3, and 4, I win I win I win. Everyone will do the same and afterwards we must burn the doll.”

“Can we play monopoly or something?” Baekhyun asks.

“You guys are no fun.”

“How about we play hide and seek,” Kyungsoo pauses and Zitao looks up, “But without the doll.” Kyungsoo finishes and waits for Zitao’s reply. It seems Kyungsoo’s the only person Zitao will listen too, “How will that work?” Zitao seems happy again.

“Well, we can split into teams of two from a hat and the team who are it will have to look for everyone in the mansion. Pitch black.”

Everyone’s nodding and Zitao seems happy.

 

Kyungsoo’s holding a hat and Zitao’s the first person, “Put your hand in Zitao.” Zitao does so and pulls out a folded piece of paper, “Kris.” She looks over to Kris and he glares. “We’re not going to get found alright so you better shut your mouth hole.”

“Murderer.” Kris pets his toy and turns away.

There are four teams.

Zitao-Kris

Jongin-Kyungsoo

Sehun-Luhan

Chanyeol-Baekhyun

They’re standing in a circle and Kyungsoo puts her hand on her nose, Jongin does the same. Zitao catches on and follows she nudges Kris. Sehun and Luhan do the same and Baekhyun and Chanyeol are the only ones not doing so.

“Awww man!” Chanyeol realises they’re it and everyone runs to their hiding places.

“Sorry,” He looks sheepishly down at Baekhyun.

“It’s okay.” Baekhyun smiles.

“Yeol, could I hold your hand?”

“What?”

“I’m scared.”

Chanyeol nervously takes Baekhyun’s hand into his, it’s soft and small. The two make their way through the maze like mansion to look for their friends.

 

a/n this is only part one and happy Halloween to everbody!