Chapter five.

Making a lady.

Kris stands hesitantly in front of Zitao’s door; he’s greeted by darkness and other things that you would only see on Halloween. The curtains are shut firmly and he thinks maybe it’s not such a good idea to open them.

“Zitao,” Kris starts of in a hushed whisper, “Wake up.” Zitao groans and shuffles for a while. Kris awkwardly stands near her bed.

“What is it?” The sleepy girl sluggishly gets up and she sees Kris standing in front of her dressed in a school uniform.

“Oh right, school.” Zitao gets up and Kris is still standing there, “I’m awake now, you can go.”

“I just wanted to say,” Kris pauses and scratches the back of his head, “thanks, you know for yesterday.”

Zitao snorts, “I think the dish washer might’ve broken, I had to use that thing five times in row.”

 

 

The breakfast table is dull, Wednesday morning is grey and the cereal is stale. Kris had woken Zitao up at 6:30, it was 6:45.

“You know,” Luhan starts off after swallowing a piece of stale cornflakes, “You should’ve woken her up at like fifteen past, because girls take forever to get ready.”

“No, not Zitao. You know how she is.” Chanyeol pipes up; his cereal is starting to look like muesli.

“Hey guys! There’s a storm in the U.K, isn’t that where Zitao’s parents are?” Jongin is sitting in front of the kitchen television, toast hanging out of his mouth. The boy has seen too much anime.

Zitao’s walking down the stairs, phone pressed to her ear and she’s talking in fast English, “Mother. I told you, I couldn’t attend school yesterday because an acquaintance of mine had fallen sick. Yes it was my fault. No! I did not poison him. I have to go now. I did not ask for your well being because the storm won’t harm you where you are. No I am not cutting my fringe! Good bye.”

“I didn’t know you could speak English.”

“You sound like a thug Kris.” Zitao huffs back in English. The other three boys don’t know what they’re saying and carry on with their breakfast.

 

 

It’s too cold to be walking to school on a October morning at 7am but just because they live in a mansion doesn’t mean it comes with maids, butlers, limousines and other rich things. The five of them are walking down the pavement in scarves, beanies and coats sans Zitao who is happily walking in just her school uniform without the compulsory blazer, (she had forced Kris to stuff it in his bag.)

They arrive in school and they are welcomed by huge amounts of fan girls, piling over one another just to get a look at them. They’re too hyper for Zitao’s liking, it’s 7am.

“Kris has grown more handsome over the summer!”

“Luhan looks more handsome than he did yesterday!”

“It’s such a shame Jongin and Chanyeol are taken!”

“By who?”

“Do Kyungsoo and Byun Baekhyun.”

“Really?!”

“It explains a lot, I mean they’re beautiful as well.”

Luhan, Chanyeol and Jongin stop to talk to the ‘fan girls’ and Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are bombarded with questions as to how do you get your skin like that and where did they buy their socks. Zitao laughs and walks away from the crowd, to which Kris follows.

“Aren’t you going to talk to your fans?”

Kris furrows his eyebrows, “They creep me out. I’m not into that type of thing.” Zitao hums in reply.

But where Kris goes, so do his fans.

“Oh my god, who’s that girls he’s walking with?”

“I think it’s Huang Zitao.”

“She looks like the girls from the ring.”

“No she looks like she’s in a gang.”

“What’s she doing with him?”

“Maybe she’s part of the mafia.”

“Who does she think she is? Walking around acting all mysterious.”

Zitao scowls at them and they all back away. God, why do girls like to gossip so much? Kris chortles, “You know, you could be my knew body guard.”

“I stopped babysitting when I was 15, thank you very much.”

 

Homeroom is boring and unfortunately the teacher decided not to put Oh Sehun or Byun Baekhyun in the same form. But who they did put in her form was Kris, heck she didn’t even know his real name, Yifan was it?

 

Zitao tapped impatiently on her desk, Mr. Kim was so annoying! 20 more minutes...she sighed and looked down at the exercise book full of numbers and what not.

“Sir! I’m confused.” Zitao groaned.

“You’re always confused.” The young teacher smirked, while leaning down to her level.

Zitao scowled, “Look. Is the first question 20?”

Mr. Kim clapped his hands, “Well done!”

“You don’t have to be sarcastic.” Zitao snarled.

“Yes. The answer is 20, sans the drawings of skulls and blood.” Mr. Kim laughed and Zitao crossed her arms, “Don’t laugh at my drawings.”

 

Zitao hurriedly walked down the hall; why the hell did Sehun and Baekhyun like hanging out on the roof?

“Hey you!” A feminine voice called out and Zitao sighed.

“What?” Zitao turned around and was met with Krystal Jung, oh great. See this always had a problem with everyone and since they were freshmen Krystal was scared of Zitao, what the hell did she want?

Krystal looked rather scared and so did the other girls behind her, Choi Sooyoung, Im Yoona and Choi Jinri. Ew...these were those creepy stalker girls that followed the flower boy idiots (Kris, Luhan, Chanyeol and Jongin).

“Why--why are you so c-close to K-Kris?” The tall girl, Choi Sooyoung stepped out, ahh so this is the girl who had the hots for Kris.

“Yeah! Why’d you come to school with Chanyeol oppa?” Another girl stepped out, she looked to brave but suddenly regretted it when Zitao glared at her.

Zitao sighed and flipped her hair over her shoulders, “Look. Why don’t you ask you precious ‘oppa’s’ I have somewhere to go.”

“Nu-uh. Yoona, hand me the scissors.” Krystal took a step forward, scissors in hand.

“Show us your face Zitao.” Just as Krystal was about to aim for Zitao’s bangs with her scissors, Zitao dodged and hit the scissors out of Krystal’s hands. Years of wushu practice gives you great reflexes. Yoona and Zitao went for the scissors at the same time but Zitao had grabbed them first. Pointing the scissors to the girls direction. The girls back away and just before Zitao can have any fun someone grabs the scissors and swoops her up from her waist. “Oh great the kill joy is back! Oh Sehun-“ Zitao turned her head around to scold Sehun but it wasn’t Sehun, “Kris?”

“What the did you think you were doing? Do you know how dangerous that is? All because you were jealous? Did you really have to harass Zitao like that? She lives with us okay? Don’t ever touch her again! Understood?” The girls looked like they were on the verge of tears and all scrambled away.

Once they were gone Kris realised his hand was around Zitao’s waist. He let go of her quickly and Zitao chuckled, “You know i could’ve dealt with them myself?”

“Pfft.” Kris looked down at her.

“Anyway, thanks.”

Kris nodded, “They didn’t hurt you anywhere did they?”

“Nope.”

 

 

 

When they had arrived home that day Kris had told them the news of what had happened during lunch.

 

“We’re really sorry Zitao.”

 

“Nah it’s okay.” Zitao shrugged.

 

“No it’s not! Because of you dummies she could’ve got hurt!” Sehun put his arm around Zitao protectively.

 

Zitao growled and shook her arm, “Get off me! I’m going up to play video games, wanna come with?” Sehun nodded and Jongin grinned, which meant yes.

 

“Wait!” Baekhyun cried, “I want to make plans for Halloween!”

 

A/n Zitao had moved to Korea when she was 13, but she had lived in England and China before but her parents had to go back to England urgently, that’s why she has to stay in the mansion and she’s known Sehun and Baekhyun since foreva because rich people you know. Also Zitao as a girl isn’t like Kyungsoo and Baekhyun as a girl, all cutesy and stuff. Zitao is y and fierce, all pouty pink lips and cat like eyes and nice tanned skin and long legs ya know, that guy she confessed to was just being a jerk, Zitao is just really insecure that’s why since two years ago she grew out her bangs and decided to be mean to all the men in the world. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun as girls have that natural Korean look, milky skin and nice eyes and pretty pink lips. Anyhow, Chanyeol has a huge crush on Baekhyun, so does Baek but she can control her feelings. Jongin is absolutely head over heels for Kyungsoo. Kris, Jongin, Chanyeol, Luhan and Zitao only knew each other existed when Zitao had to live with them. Back stories will be revealed later and you guys are really rooting for taohun! But once this fic, boarding school au and WTSMH is over i have two new fics I’ll release and they’ll probably have taohun. Anyhow, taohun are strictly platonic. Halloween special tomorrow!