Chapter nine.

Making a lady.

 

It has become an unwritten rule that Kris has to wake up Zitao every morning. A whole month has passed without any mishaps, so it’s safe to say that they are ‘one big happy family’ (not to mention Victoria hasn’t come round to check up on her niece).

Kris slides out of bed, one cold December morning and makes his way down the hall. He’s still in his boxers and even though the floor is carpeted his feet are freezing, Luhan probably forgot to turn on the heating last night. He stops at Zitao’s door and knocks once.

No reply.

Kris shrugs before, entering her room. The girl usually oversleeps, “Hey sleepyhead wake up--AND OH MY GOD HUANG ZITAO PUT SOME CLOTHES ON.”

Kris looks like a deer in headlights (when really it should be Zitao). The girl giggles, still not putting anything on, “Ge calm down, it’s like six am.” 

Kris stands at her door, bewildered. In front of him is Zitao, walking around her room in her underwear. Not just any underwear, she’s wearing boxers. Boxers? Where did she even get them?

“Zitao, where did you get those boxers?” Kris covers his face with both hands, it’s too early for this.

“From Sehunnie.” Is her reply, not missing a beat.

Kris gawks at her before reaching the door handle, “Just get ready will you?” He slams the door quickly, Zitao’s ‘alright’ muffled behind it.

 

“I think Zitao and Sehun are dating.” Kris slams his hands down onto the table, looking at the three boys with narrowed eyes. They all stop to look at him before carrying on with their breakfast. Kris sighs, pulling a chair out from underneath the table.

“She was wearing Sehun’s boxers.” Kris seethes, saying the word ‘boxers’ like it was a curse.

Jongin shrugs, “So,” he says with a mouthful of toast, “Minseok noona used to borrow my clothes.”

“Minseok noona?” Luhan turns to Jongin, “Who’s Minseok noona?”

“She’s one of our friends. She went to study in Beijing with her brother,” Kris nods as Chanyeol explains, “She’s coming back next month. January right?”

Jongin nods, “January sixth. You’ll meet her soon. Don’t worry.” Jongin winks and Kris nods. Because once upon a time it was only Chanyeol and Kris who had lived in the mansion. Jongin had moved in a while after they did and Luhan had come last. But that was another story for another time.

“Anyway, as I was saying. I think Sehun and Zitao are dating--“

“Zitao and who are dating?” The said girl hops down the stairs.

“No one,” Kris smiles, eyeing the other three with a poisonous glare.

Zitao shrugs, combing her hair with her fingers, “Let’s get going. We don’t want to be late!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everything had been going so well...Kris stares in disgust at the graffiti painted onto her locker.

‘Huang Zitao. !’

‘Ugly Zitao’

‘Stay away from my oppa’s’

‘Zitao should die’

Zitao stares at the ground, shuffling her feet.

“Zitao, I’m sorry--“ Kris bends down to the girl, “Yifan. You don’t need to apologize. It’s not your fault.” Zitao brushes past him walking in the direction of the female toilets.

 

Zitao leans against the sink, where was Sehun? The girl wipes her tears and looks into the mirror.

“Zitao?” Kris’ voice is heard behind the door.

“Yeah, I’m coming out.” Zitao looks up to Kris timidly before shrugging.

“Are you okay?” Kris hesitates to pat the girl on the head but she leans in so he guesses it’s okay.

“Oppa. You can do so much better though.” A voice purrs and Kris turns around to find Jung Soojung.

“Listen Soojung,” Kris hisses, “Call me Krystal.” The girl smirks.

“I don’t care what to call you but I don’t know what you and you’re friends are up to. I just want to let you know that we,” He pauses pointing himself and Zitao, “would appreciate if you left us alone.”

Krystal looks horrified, “I don’t understand,” She stands in front of Zitao.

“I-I-m so much better than her. Why don’t you want me? What does this have that I don’t?” Krystal finishes her sentence sharply before sending a slap across Zitao’s face.

“That’s it.” Kris grabs the girls wrists. This isn’t me asking you anymore this is me warning you. I will beat the crap out of you if you ever touch her again.”

“Oppa, you’re hurting me.” Krystal whimpers. Kris lets go and Krystal forcefully rips her arms away from him, “Fine. Be that way.” Her hand rises to slap Kris and he doesn’t do anything but let her.

The girl storms away and Kris turns to Zitao the girl looks like she’s used to it and is ready to pull out her phone to call Sehun.

He sighs reaching out to touch her cheek, “You’re bleeding.” Zitao brushes his hand away.

“Don’t say you’re sorry again please, it’s not your fault.”

“Zitao. It is my fault. Just let me help you, you don’t always have to act so strong you know.” Kris mutters, trying to wipe away the remains of blood.

Zitao holds his hand in place, staring up at him with curious eyes, and she’s sure she wasn’t imagining his breath hitching.

Kris stares down at the girl and he isn’t sure who’s heart he can hear beating so fast--

“Zitao!” Sehun comes running up to the two before pulling the girl into an embrace. Kris stands there dumbfounded, erasing all the thoughts he had seconds ago.

Sehun looks up to glare at the older boy.

This is your fault. Is what the look tells him before Sehun tugs Zitao’s hand and the two make their way down the hall.

 

 

a/n

FINALLY GOD DAMN im rly sorry bc there is more of this chapter that i haven't completed but i can't do this to you guys. so here it is! btw i love krystal she's my princess.