Chapter three.

Making a lady.

Sehun stood up to take his leave and awkwardly brushed passed the other three boys, remembering to glare at them before he went. Zitao sat on her bed, shooting daggers at everyone.

“Hey Zitao, we’re sorry about a while ago.”Luhan peeped, not daring to step foot in her room.

“Yeah...” Jongin sighed while rubbing the back of his neck. Chanyeol rolled his eyes at the both of them; he had nothing to do with what happened. Kris nonchalantly walked passed them and casually stated he’d be taking a shower.

‘Idiot’ Zitao grumbled.

“Oh, and Zitao?”

“Yes?” Zitao harshly replied.

“You should really clean up downstairs, you made so much mess when I was trying to tie your hair.” Kris innocently smiled before retreating to the bathroom.

Zitao had had enough, she didn’t want this. She didn’t have to live these cowards who were apparent flower boys. She rose from her bed and stalked out of her room. Pulling her combat boots on, she ignored Luhan’s questions to where she was going and roughly shook off Chanyeol’s hand when he placed it on her shoulder.

 

 

 

 

‘Stupid boys, stupid new house, stupid Auntie, stupid parents, stupid new town.’ Zitao grumbled while kicking a rock. Where the hell was she? It wasn’t like she knew this place and now she’s stuck in an isolated playground. To lighten the mood, it did remind her of a scene in one of the horror movies she’d watched. Her happiness level was now 2%, maybe watching a new scary film would take her mind off things.

Zitao plopped herself onto one of the swings, the creaking of the metal screeched as she pushed forward. Zitao sighed and looked at the sandy ground. Her mind was black. Pitch black. Maybe she could kill them. Maybe it was because she was ugly; no she was ugly. That’s why they were treating her like that right? They were making fun of her by calling her pretty, they were lies. All lies.

 

 

 

 

 

“Luhan! How do you turn on the shower again?” Kris yelled from the top floor, to oblivious to notice the door banging and Luhan and Chanyeol frantically marching around the house.

“Not now hyung,” Jongin shouted back. Kris furrowed his eyebrows and jogged down the stairs. “What do you mean ‘not now’? I need to take a shower; where are you all going?”

“Zitao stormed out you idiot.” Luhan pulled his baseball jacket on, grabbing his keys while Jongin and Chanyeol followed him.

“What do you mean?”

“She got pissed because you’re being such an inconsiderate fool.” Luhan threw his hands in the air.

Kris sighed and maybe he felt a tad bit of guilt swarm through his body. Girls.

“I’ll go look for her, I’ll apologise blah blah all that stuff.” Kris sighed.

“Good.” Chanyeol folded his arms.

 

 

 

‘Where the hell is this woman?’ Kris pushed pass the busy crowd, his mind set on finding the annoying creepy Tao. Well that’s what he liked to call her.

Kris looked down on his watch. It was already nine, who in the world would storm of at this time?

Kris eyebrows were crossed and his grey hoodie kept on slipping off. This girl was going to give him white hairs.

“Oh my, he’s very handsome!”

“Where’s he going?”

Kris ignored the bystanders and by now he didn’t know where he was. Only a few lampposts were lit and there were no signs or shops.

He halted his stops and took in a deep breath. What came next was almost so cartoonish. He pulled at his hair and started jumping up and down. Swearing in Chinese, he kicked a can.

 

 

 

Zitao didn’t bring anything with her, nor did she know where she was. She heard some foot steps behind her, who dared to disturb her?

Turning around, she saw a couple with pale faces, “Oppa, I think it’s a ghost! Make it go away!” The girl squirmed. The guy panicked, but decided to do something, so picking up a can he raised his arm. Zitao shot up from the swing, ready to dodge the can and throw it back at him (and of course her throw would be better) the hit didn’t come.

 

 

 

 

Kris grumbled for a while, the can he hit had hit something else, he found the can and it had rolled over to a small red gate. The gate led to a park and guess who was in the park? Zitao, sitting on a swing.  “This woman.”

Stalking up to the swing, ready to grab her shoulder, he realised that there were two people standing infront of him, and one looked like he was going to throw something.

 

 

“Tell me, what exactly were you going to do with that can?” A Kris snarled, Zitao opened her eyes, “oh great, this assbutt is here”

 

The couple fled away and the two glared at each other, Kris stopped and remembered why he was here. Without a word, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her down the street.

“Let go of me!”

“No.”

“Let.Go.”

“No.”

“Why’d you follow me?”

“Because.”

“Because what?”

“Zombies.”

“What?”

 

 

 

When Kris and Zitao return home, they both stride off into different directions.

A bit earlier...

“Are they a couple?!”

“No way, she’s...and he’s...”

“Maybe it’s those shows where a handsome guy goes out with an ugly girl!”

“I don’t know...”

 

 

 

Zitao slumps down on her bed and stares at the ceiling. “Stupid idiot.” She rolls onto her stomach and fiddles around with a voodoo doll, stabbing at a few times then pausing.

knock knock

Hopping off her bed she answers the door.

“Hey Zitao, we’re sorry about earlier, you looked really uncomfortable. We should have stopped him.”

Jongin, Luhan and Chanyeol stood at her door, their heads hung low. She raised a brow; they weren’t really the ones at fault.

“Um, that’s okay, I guess?”

They still stood there, what did they want?

“Zitao, a while ago, you said you never even look at you own face. Why?” Chanyeol looked down at her.

“Because. If I don’t look in the mirror, I don’t need to compare myself to pretty girls.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Maybe I should go take a shower.”  Grabbing her towel she opens the handle to the bathroom.

Wait; there was someone else in here.

Before she can do anything else, she shrieks while Kris yells and jumps out the bathroom window.

 

 

 

“Kris, why did you run around the whole mansion?” Luhan places his fingers on the bridge of his nose.

“Because this banshee here walked in on me showering.”

“I didn’t want to!”

“The door was closed!” He stands up and towers over her.

“Put a shirt on! No one wants to see your pot belly!” She stares at his bare chest, only a towel around his lower half.

But before Kris can make a comeback his whole body jolts as he sneezes.

“I’ll get the flu medicine.” Chanyeol then disappears into the kitchen.