Chapter ten.

Making a lady.

By the time lunch rolls around, Kris still has the same swirling in his gut when he saw the graffiti on Zitao’s locker. This is like some dumb Asian drama Minseok used to make him watch. He shakes his head from his thoughts, his own joke isn’t so funny when he remembers this familiar situation from a few years back.

Jongin and Luhan watch their friend with amused grins, sad Kris looks more like ‘serene sad model Kris’ they should probably feel sorry for their friend and the scar on his cheek is more of an alarm then a reminder.

Luhan pats Kris’ cheek. When he pulls away he hears familiar heels clicking in their direction. Jongin rolls his eyes, “Hyung, you’re girlfriend is here.”

Kris scowls because that only means one thing, “Jessica.” The older girl takes a seat beside him before poking the scar on his cheek, “Gee, Yifan I thought you stopped street fighting.” Kris bats her hand away.

“That was from your baby sister thank you very much.” Kris says while batting Jessica’s hand away as she reaches for the snickers bar sitting beside his cola.

“Was that brat fretting over your precious kitty cat again?” Jessica attempts to reach for Jongin’s cookie but he shakes his finger with a boyish grin.

Kris chokes on the cola he’s drinking--“Zitao?”

“Mhhm, she’s cute isn’t she?” Jessica has her eyes on Luhan now and Kris shakes his head as the older girl doesn’t bother to give him a of attention as she talks to him (as usual).

“Anyhow, i’ll deal with my sister so you can deal with your love life.” Jessica stands up gracefully, brushing the imaginary dirt of her skirt and reaching her hand out as Luhan hands her his strawberry flavoured hello panda cookies.

Kris chokes for the second time and gets a heavy pat on the back from his gangly bestfriend who plops down next to him, limbs flying everywhere knocking down his carton of milk in the process.

“Hey, I heard what happened with you and Zitao. That .” Chanyeol stuffs mac and cheese into his mouth and Kris hands him a napkin (Chanyeol doesn’t take it).

“Zitao looked pretty sad, and you know I would’ve beaten them up if they weren’t girls.” Kris doesn’t pay attention to the rest of Chanyeol’s sentence when he hears ‘zitao’ and ‘sad’.

Kris panics and looks around in alarm for the said girl but he remembers she sits on the roof so it’s no point, he’ll talk to her when they get home.

 

 

 

 

 

Zitao doesn’t like sitting in the school’s canteen, there are too many people and it’s too cramped and really she could have 5000 word list of complaints.

She doesn’t really feel like eating or do anything really, she picks the pasta Sehun had made her get with the plastic fork. She sighs and Sehun rubs her arm, his feet still playing footsies with hers since they sat down.

It’s quiet for a while and Sehun has the look on his face that means he’s going to say something dumb, so Zitao waits.

"You know, I could like hire a hitman." Zitao giggles and Sehun grins back at her.

Sehun ducks down to grab something from his bag and Zitao sees the table a few rows away from them, when Sehun returns with queasy look on his face, Zitao decides to ignore it and instead asks, "Hun, who's that girl at Kris' table?"

Sehun uses his whole body to turn around, "Jessica Jung."

Zitao nods, "They look good together." Sehun looks sceptically at her, "What?" she looks at him with wide eyes he shakes his head smiling.

The canteens door bangs open and Chanyeol waltzes in—he’s a walking hazard Zitao thinks. The walking hazard smiles at the two of them before sitting himself beside Kris. Zitao’s eyes linger on the table for a while, Sehun follows her gaze and then look back to her.

“Let’s get out of here.”

 

 

 

 

23:59pm, Kris has a chair pulled up at the front door while Luhan, Jongin, and Chanyeol watch hesitantly. The door opens at midnight and Kris jumps to his feet, so does Zitao as she closes the door behind her. "Didn't expect to see you there." She laughs holding her hand over her chest. She stops though when Kris isn't laughing with her. 

"Zitao you had us worried sick," Kris starts off. "No phone calls? You were missing during sixth period? Midnight Zitao, you come home at midnight. How could you be so careless? You could've gotten attacked or kidnapped! I can't believe--did you bunk? Who were you with? It was that stupid Sehun's idea wasn't it..."

"Don't call my friend stupid." Zitao has her arms folded stepping closer to him, "Who do you think you are? You don't own me! Bloody hell Yifan you didn't like me in the beggining! I don't understand. How could you not understand--you know what? Nevermind. I’m going to sleep.”

Zitao storms up the stairs, brushing past him. “Huang Zitao--“

Luhan grabs Kris’ arm before he can follow Zitao up the stairs, “Yifan, calm down.”

“Luhan. Victoria left her in our care—why don’t you care—“

“She’s bloody teenager! She was with Sehun, why do you think she bunked? What made her so upset to leave the school huh? Where ever Sehun took her she was happy. You need to control your temper Yifan. You’re going to hurt her again.”

Chanyeol and Jongin watch as Luhan and Kris walk in opposite directions.

“Did you understand any of that?” Jongin asks the taller boy, “Nope.”

Maybe they can get when Minseok noona to teach them Mandarin when she gets back next week.

 

 

a/n i know it's short but i'm not gonna leave ya'll hanging! <3