007

I Thought I Knew

            I watched Luhan from the kitchen. He sat stiff on my couch’s edge with his hands clasped together and elbows resting on this thighs. His eyes set on the TV, neither of us bothering to start a conversation. I had two cups in hand filled with nothing but water and carried them into the living room. I set his on the table as I took the chair adjacent to the couch where he sat. He gave a small thanks before taking a sip.

            “Why did you come?” I set my own cup on the coffee table when he looked over to me. His eyes soft, almost sorrowful in a way, Luhan always had the charm about him. He made me weak both at the knees and on the inside. If it wasn’t for our little spat, I’d be beside him in a second trying to comfort said boy. I could never take his sad expressions.

            “I wanted to see you.”

            His voice, made me whimper on the inside. I could feel my lips quivering wanting to make the sound out loud as I jumped into his arms. Turning from temptation, I looked to the TV with a scoff, “You saw me at the concert, remember?”

            Not only were my lips quivering, my whole body was shaking. I could feel that uncomfortable tightening sensation of wanting to cry. Eventually, one tear spilt out, hot and burning. I continued to stare at the TV.

            “You ignored my hand.”

            “Was it meant for me?”

            “Yes.”

            I took in a shaky breath and turned to Luhan. He stared at me intently, waiting. Waiting for me to say more, when I had nothing, he moved closer to me on the couch. Everything I wanted to say, gone. All I could think about was his face and how tempting it was to give in and just say I loved him.

            “If you want to break up please just say so, Hee Jin. I don’t like these kinds of games.” Luhan’s voice grew loud and stern. His softness replaced with something hard and manly. I cringed a bit in my seat as I stuttered, “I don’t want to break up though.”

            “Then what do you want Hee Jin? Because I’m tired of waiting around for you to come to terms with what you feel. You said it yourself, you don’t know why you even like me anymore.”

            “Because I don’t, Luhan! I don’t if I love you because you’re Luhan or because you’re the Luhan from some idol group! Do you know how confusing that is or how much it hurts?” I rose from my seat and began to cry. Pacing in front of him as he sat back on the couch and watched, I continued, “I don’t want to be cruel and love you just because you’re some idol, Luhan. But if that’s the case, I’d rather not—“

            “Rather not what? Be with me? Because it would hurt me too if you said that.” He stood up and walked around the table so we stood in front of each other. My eyes wandered up to his face, already showing signs of hurt. I didn’t care anymore. It hurt to look at him. It hurt stand in front of him without his arms wrapped around me. It just hurt to stand in front of someone I love and have him think otherwise.

            I stepped towards him with a heavy sigh as I shook my head, “I’m too selfish to say that.”

            He opened his arms as he met me in the middle and hugged me to his chest. I wrapped my arms around him just the same and I could feel his chin rest on top of my head. His warmth, and sweet smell made me feel good inside, but I still couldn’t help but think Luhan was being cheated.

            “Luhan.”

            He hummed in reply and kissed my hair. I shut my eyes once more and gulped, “Luhan, I barely know you. How can I say I love you?”

            Luhan pulled away and leaned down to touch foreheads with mine. He smiled and rubbed my arms as he sighed, “Is that what’s been bothering you all along?”

            I nodded without meeting his glance and clutched onto his shirt tighter. He my hair tenderly, while I could feel his heart beating wildly.

            “You’re so silly.” Luhan chuckled as he pulled away.

            “Am not. Why are you laughing?” I punched his shoulder when he pulled me back in.

            “Because…” He placed his fingers under my chin and raised my head up so he could plant a chaste kiss on my cheek, “You care so much for me.”

            “Of course, why shouldn’t I? You are an idol after all.” I gave him a teasing smile with a raised brow. He in return rolled his eyes and ruffled my hair.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This will be the last chapter but I'll write an epilogue ^^

I hope it was okay Kallix :) Shout out to you for presenting me with the idea. 

This was really meant as a oneshot but whatever lol I added six more chapters 

tumblr_mpli63wc7I1qg1bxbo1_250.giftumblr_mpli63wc7I1qg1bxbo2_250.gif

tumblr_mpli63wc7I1qg1bxbo3_250.giftumblr_mpli63wc7I1qg1bxbo4_250.gif

 

He's so precious >.<