001

I Thought I Knew

I primped myself up for the dinner. My twin bed was covered with discarded pieces of skirts, dresses, and shirts. I had slipped on my fourth outfit and sighed as I smoothed out the creases. It was nothing flashy. Just a simple white button down shirt and a pair of dark wash jeans, my hair was slightly curled and my lips a bright red to match my red handbag.

It was already getting close to the set time for meeting Luhan so this was my last option and I had to stick to it, “Okay, this is a good outfit…right?”

I shook my head. It was a good enough, I thought. I grabbed a pair of flats as I ran out my front door and down to my car.

Tonight was one of Luhan’s off days. They didn’t come often and he always used them to hang out with me, his girlfriend of one year. Even though it’s been twelve months, we’ve only gone out together a few times. We mainly texted each other or called each other at ungodly hours when he was free and I wasn’t at work. They were sacrifices we made for each other but I didn’t mind. My boyfriend was the Luhan from EXO. I already knew that dating him would have its ups and downs but seeing him and hearing how happy he was to talk to me made it worthwhile.

The restaurant wasn’t that far from where I lived and it was our usually meeting place. It had a lot of private rooms and the owners understood our situation. I pulled into a close parking space and turned off the ignition. I pulled down the visor and check my face for any possible issues. My cheeks were flushed but other than that my face was okay. I hadn’t seen Luhan in almost a month. My chest rose up and down from nervousness just thinking about seeing him again. Sure I had seen his pretty face on TV and we talked almost every other day. None of that could do him justice though. In person, he was perfection.

I could feel my legs shaking as I walked into the restaurant. My heart was beating loudly in my ears, that I could barely hear myself speak to the hostess in the front. She led me to a large back room, I stared at her confused because my normal room with Luhan was closer to the front and much smaller. She smiled, “Your party is in here ma’am.”

I laughed nervously. She gave me another assuring smile before leaving me to the open the door myself.  Never in my life was I so nervous just opening a door. I took one last deep breath and opened the door with some force but what greeted me left my flustered.“Hee Jin ah!” Twelve ed young men greeted me instead of one. My back hit the edge of the door, baffled. I could feel my cheeks growing hot and I placed a hand over my mouth to hide my shock.

“Yah, she’s blushing!”I slowly shut the door, still hiding my face. My shock had slightly turned to disappointment. I was hoping for a night with Luhan alone. With that not being an option I it up and bowed to the group of men as I searched for a place to sit. I didn’t see Luhan there.

“Yah, where are you going?” A familiar voice called as I passed him. I turned slightly to see an orange haired boy beckon me over, “L-luhan?”

He smirked at me and pulled my hand, “It hasn’t been that long has it?”

I plopped down beside him and Sehun, staring at his bright orange hair. I reached out and the top of it. Luhan looked at me curiously before chuckling, “Don’t like it?”

I met his warm brown eyes and could feel that fuzzy warmth filling me up as he grabbed my hand under the table and intertwined our fingers. His thumb rubbed the back of my hand as he leaned in to my ear, “I’m sorry. The manager told us to go out and eat together. I wanted it to be just us.”

Before he pulled away he kissed the shell of my ear.

“It’s okay. I understand,” I tugged his hand down so he could lean down for me to whisper in his ear, “I like your hair too.”

I placed a kiss on his cheek when two nosy boys across from us ooh’d at our skinship, “Aye, none of that around us, hyung!”

Luhan threw a balled up straw wrapper at Chen, “It’s not like I wanted you here in the first place.”

Chen brushed the balled up paper to the side and returned to his conversation with Suho who sat beside him. I reached for my chopsticks with my free hand while the other was still being held by Luhan in between us. I struggled to break it apart. Luhan sighed and let go of my hand, I guess he noticed. We exchanged glances at each other, a chuckle bubbling up to both of our lips. His eyes turning to crescent shaped squints that made me pinch his nose, “Let’s just eat.”

While we ate, Luhan and I would occasionally bump into each other as we reached for food on the long table. On purpose of course. Sometimes we’d link hand or I’d pat his knee.

“So, Luhan I heard your sisters are coming to visit in a few weeks.” Tao remarked as he picked up a piece of meat from the grill.

The spoonful of rice in my hand didn’t reach my mouth at Tao’s words. Luhan had older sisters? How many sisters? Did he have any other siblings?

“Yeah, they are but just for three days I think.” Luhan sipped his water when I tugged on his sleeve. He looked down at me while I stared at the smoke rising from the grill, “What is it, Hee jin ah?”

“I didn’t know you have old sisters.” I whispered seriously but he only chuckled and scooped up a spoonful of rice.

“Well I have three older sisters and you can meet them when they come in a few weeks.”

He was about to place the spoon to his lips but I continued, “Do you have any other siblings?”

“Hmm, no that’s it.”

“Do you have pets too?” I mumbled absentmindedly when Luhan really laughed at me. I looked up at him when he ruffled my hair and pointed at my food.

“You should eat your food before it gets cold. Ask me questions later.”

I nodded still in thought. I could feel that Luhan stared at me and picked up the chopsticks robotically picking up whatever was in front of me. It was a cold piece of meat that was hard to chew.

Dinner continued as soju bottles began to pile up around us. I sat back and watched the other boys at the table as they played silly drinking games. Suho seemed to be the one who was suffering the most. He was on his second bottle and was swaying a bit. I leaned into Luhan, “Is he alright?”

Luhan looked over to the leader and shrugged, “He can normally take his alcohol when we play together.”

“I didn’t know you were a heavy drinker.” I turned to him sharply as he took a bottle and poured himself a shot. With his other arm on the back of my chair he pulled me closer and whispered, “I’m one of the best drinkers in the group.”

He pulled back and downed the soju easily. He slammed the cup on the table and looked at me, “I thought you knew that.”

I stared down at my lap and rubbed my fingers together, “No. I didn’t know that.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For Kallix

A promise is still a promise so I'm going to write this ^^