So many questions

Don't you remember?

Just like that, they separated ways. Jonghyun headed back to the hospital while Kibum went home. Was I imagining things? Did he really say he missed sleeping beside me? Aish, I must be going crazy. Let Jonghyun have his memory back please. God, if you can hear me, I need your help.

“Meet me in the hospital tomorrow. I need to talk to you. –Jonghyun”

~

“Was I really close to Kibum before the accident?” Jinki was paralyzed for a moment. He didn’t know Jonghyun would suddenly throw this question at him. “Uh, yeah. You guys were close. Really really close.

“I need to know more. I have these flashbacks whenever I spot or hear something familiar.”

Don’t tell Jjong about me and him. I want him to figure it out himself and not stay with me because he feels guilty. “Like what?”

Jonghyun considered thoroughly before telling him. “Promise me you won’t tell him.”

“Of course not.”

“Okay. I had one where I heard his voice faintly calling me Jjong, when I was asleep. Another where we were at a bekery where he kiss me, ON THE CHEEK. No wrong thoughts please. And another where we fell asleep together in my apartment.”

“So..?”

“So? That’s all you can say after me confessing so much? So? Ugh I give up.”

-

"Okay, fine. I give up. Jinki can have you."

I left the both Jinki and Kibum standing there after deciding to back out of this whole ‘fighting over Kibum’ thing. I heard the older hollering a ‘thanks’ to me before, what I presumed, running over and hugging Kibum tightly. After making sure I was out of their sight, I ran straight. I don’t know where I was going, I don’t care who was staring. At that moment, I just thought that running would drain all my energy so that I would be too tired to think of anything else when I got home. The constant battle was getting out of hand, bad for all of us and I didn’t want Kibum to be under so much unnecessary stress. But in any case, I couldn’t believe I did that. I actually let Jinki have Kibum.

-

Have Kibum? Why would I want Kibum? Unless I… "Ah, the pain…” once again, Jonghyun clutched his head tightly, feeling as though it was gonna explode. Jinki stared at him in shock, not knowing how to deal with this situation. Seeing Jonghyun rocking back and forth in agony, he called for the doctor. The doctor rushed in and told Jinki to get out. After giving Jonghyun a jab, he informed the young adult, “He may experience a few headaches because of his gradual recollection of memories so if he does, give him some painkillers. Oh, and whatever you do, DO NOT rush him into remembering.” Jinki nodded seriously and went to check on Jonghyun. While chewing on an apple that he absentmindedly took from the bedside table, he inquired, “Are you feeling better now?” Jonghyun did nothing but blink. “Well, I’ll take that as a yes.”

“Kibum…”    

“Huh? /chew chew/”

“Kibum… Where is he?”

“At home I guess. /chew chew/ Why? /chew chew/”

“I want to see him.”

Let’s just say, Jonghyun really knows how to shock people. Jinki was sent into a coughing fit after hearing what his unpredictable friend said. “You sure? You sure you want to see him? Now.” A firm “Yes” was heard after that. “Alright alright, I’ll call him now.”

“Hello? Kibum yah, come to the hospital now. Jonghyun wants to see your pretty face.” Jinki added an ad-lib, causing him to suffer a hard smack from Jonghyun.

“Uh, now?” Kibum answered with a sniff. He sounded very lethargic, as if he had been to some kind of military training camp for days.

“Yes, now. Stop crying and get your over here.”

“Okay.”

Their conversation ended there as both hanged up. “Why do you suddenly wanna meet him? Thought you needed to get your thinking straight first?”

“That’s the point. I need answers from the man himself.”