Sleeping beside you

Don't you remember?

The talking pair stopped and looked at Jonghyun. “Are you okay?” Kibum suddenly regretted his decision to bring Jonghyun out. “I… I think I need to rest. Sorry.” Jonghyun bowed before leaving the bakery. Kibum looked apologetically at Mr Lee and left to chase Jonghyun.

~

“Hey.”

“Hey.”

“Heading back to the hospital?”

Jonghyun nodded.

“You really wanna go back to facing those four walls?”

Jonghyun sighed and shook his head. “I’m sick of that place.”

“Alright then. Let’s go somewhere else.”

Kibum took his hand and led him somewhere near 'Paris Baguette'. That place was full of children, families having picnics and couples strolling; the park. “Here, you can relax and clear your mind too.”

They went further in and sat down on one of the lined-up creaky benches, not noticing who was beside them. Jonghyun yawned and leaned his head. Why am I so tired? As he closed his eyes to rest, he heard giggling. He grunted and opened his eyes to see who it was. “Taemin?” Kibum’s ears caught the name. Oh so now he remembers the world except for me. The guy who giggled broke into a grin, “Jonghyun hyung! Oh, Kibummie~”

“Oh, Taemin yah, what are you doing here? Don’t you have school?”

“Let out for lunch, met Minho here.”

Minho heard his name being mentioned, and stuck his head out. “Kibum hyung, Jonghyun hyung,” called the respectful youngster. Greetings were exchanged and each pair went to their own things. Jonghyun was confused as to how Minho, whom he was meeting for the first time, knew his name. “Yah, how does that Minho know me?”

“Oh, you don’t remember seeing him?”

“No, not really. I only know that Taemin is your brother.”

“Minho started off with being Taemin’s tutor. Since they are just a year apart, they started hanging out and well, what you see now is what you get.”

Jonghyun, wanting to understand what Kibum is indicating, turned and saw Taemin lying on Minho’s shoulder fast asleep, with their hands overlapping each other. Suddenly feeling awkward at their intimacy, his cheeks turned pink as he faced Kibum again. “Ah, I get it. They’re cute together.”

Kibum heaved a sigh of relief. Well, at least he doesn’t think it’s wrong. “Wow, he sleeps really fast.”

“I miss falling asleep beside you.”

Kibum couldn’t believe what he heard. Making sure what he heard wasn’t wrong, he pretended not to hear. “What?”

“No-nothing. I just want to rest now,” Jonghyun proceeded to close his eyes. Kim Jonghyun! What was that?! He chided himself.

Kibum looked down disappointingly. He realized that even if Jonghyun were to remember what they did together before the accident, those feelings might not be there. Feeling discouraged, he let his eyelids fall as he tries to chase the negative feeling away.

-

“It’s really late, I should take you home.”

“But I wanna stay longer with you.”

Kibum showed his infamous pout to Jonghyun, knowing that his lover could not resist.

“Ugh, alright.”

Jonghyun gave in and drove to his very own apartment.

“For one night, that’s all. I don’t want your parents to think I’m a ert.”

~

“Wahhhhhhhhhh, your place is pretty neat.” The first thing Kibum did was to, of course, jump onto his bed. “Ah, comfy, I like.” He snuggled comfortably into his pillow and felt his energy being drained.

“Aish, this kid.”

Jonghyun chuckled at the childish Kibum, HIS childish Kibum. He rolled the younger over so that he could have some space to sleep too, and made sure that both of his hands were grasping Kibum’s.  With the both of them feeling really sleepy, they arrived in dreamland pretty quickly.

-

Jonghyun kept those images of him and Kibum, as if they were a couple. He couldn’t stand it anymore and decided to go back to the hospital and sleep it off. Tomorrow, he will dig some answers out of Jinki.

“Hey, I’m heading back to the hospital. Don’t bother coming visiting me tomorrow, I’ll be with Jinki.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: decided to add 2min~ i love them ya (; ah sorry about the late update though, had been really busy T_T but there you go~ hope its okay with Jonghyun slowly recalling his memories.