Thank God, but

Don't you remember?

“Oh my god, Jjong you’re awake.” Jonghyun responded to that with a slight groan.

“Oh my god, hold on, I’ll go get the doctor.” Kibum panicked and didn't know what to do so he just ran out of the ward, all the while screaming for the doctor frantically. The doctor came rushing in and told Kibum to go out of the ward before giving Jonghyun a head-to-toe checkup. After nodding his head plenty of times, as if he was seeing a better result, he called for Kibum, who came walking in excitedly.

“So how is he doing? Fine? Better? Is he oka-”

“Kibum? Kibum, let me talk. Yes, yes he’s going to be fine but it seems like his memory has been affected due to the awful knock on his head, and he may not remember much. Other than that, he’s doing really well. Just one more week here and he may be discharged.”

Kibum thanked the doctor with a bright face yet sullen expression. After hearing what the doctor had to say, only one thought ran through his mind. “He might not remember me.”

Jonghyun’s second groan caught Kibum’s attention and he rushed over to attend to him.

“Are you in pain? Is there anything I can do for you?”

“No, I’m okay. It’s just that my head hurts a little bit.”

Kibum patted the pillow, gesturing for him to sit up. With help, Jonghyun sat up and settled himself so that he’s comfortable. They stared at each other and around the room awkwardly before Kibum decided he couldn’t stand the tension anymore. What was he thinking? Jonghyun could never forget him. Without any warning whatsoever, Kibum leaned forward and hugged him so tightly. He misses the warmth of Jjong's body against him and he misses his voice so much. “I’m so glad you’re safe. After that incident I thought I would lose you.”

Jonghyun’s body stiffened at their sudden contact and that small, minor action did not escape Kibum’s touch. Kibum pulled back and looked intensely at the man before him. He held his breath before asking the million dollar question. “What’s wrong? Don’t you remember me?”

Jonghyun seemed afraid to answer that question. It was like he was scared that Kibum would attack him or somthing. He dropped his head and showed an insecure look. ", no no no. Let him remember me please." Kibum thought silently in his head. By this reaction, he was almost certain that he was forgotten by the person he loved the most. It hurt to know that that was even a possibility. "Just say it, i don't bite."

Slowly, Jonghyun raised his head and shook his head slightly. “Sorry to disappoint you but no, i don't. I don't remember you. Who are you?