Chapter 18

Wounded Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Annyeong, lovelies~~

Sorry for the super late update. Been busy as always. I managed to finish it on last few days due to the holidays. >__<
 

Oh, Happy New Lunar Year! May you have a blast year ahead. ^__^

 

Enjoy~~

 

“I don’t think I can leave him tomorrow.”

 

The first words out of Jiyong’s mouth as he followed Youngbae and Seunghyun into the living room spoke of fear and confusion. He took a seat on the old armchair crammed into the corner.

 

Youngbae cocked his head, a mixture of understanding and concern filling his face as he crammed his hands into his pockets and sat on the couch across the sullen leader.

 

“I’ve been over my head a million times, and there’s just no excuse I can come up to explain our absence,” Jiyong continued.

 

Seunghyun sat on the couch beside Youngbae, hands folded on his chest as he nodded in hesitant agreement.

 

“Maybe we could try telling him the truth?” he suggested weakly, knowing the answer before the words has even left his mouth.

 

Jiyong snorted. “Maybe I should just killed myself,”

 

“Jiyong…” Youngbae warned.

 

The eldest just shrugged, somehow not in the mood to scold the young man for his inappropriate response.

 

Jiyong sighed.

 

“What should I do, Bae? How can I just tell him that I’m going back to Seoul to proceed with our life? How-”

 

They heard a creak from the room and all four went silence, fearing that somehow their maknae had figured out a way to listen in on their conversation. When all went silent again, all breaths were let out simultaneously.

 

 

"No. There's no way we can tell Seungri where we're going. He can't know about this. If he knows that we are going back to Seoul-"

 

"So what do you want to do then, Ji?" Youngbae leaned in closer, lowering his voice more. "I don't think we can just ignore our job. Sajangnim is searching for you and we have to do something before he knows it. I hate to say it, man, but you just can't have it both ways."

 

Jiyong shrugged hopelessly. "We'll go. It just, I don't have a single clue how."

 

 

And Daesung suddenly smiled, mischievously satisfied.

 

"You just leave it to me, hyung," he smirked.

 

"I'll keep him occupied. Just make sure you guys were out before Seungri’s wakes up. I’ll keep the questions at bay,” he said and smiled.

 

Kang Daesung had a plan.

_____________________________________

 

“You sure you can handle this, Dae?” Jiyong asked, worried.

 

Its 4:00am in the morning and the three hyungs were already out of the small rented house, ready to take their trip back to Seoul while Seungri is still sleeping soundlessly in his room.

 

“Geongjeong hajima, hyung. I’ll take care of him. Just settle everything in Seoul and come back safe, okay?” Daesung smiled, asking them not to be worry.

 

Jiyong had hesitated as he approached the car, hand lingering on the door handle as he looked back to the house. Am I doing the right thing?

 

“Come on, Ji, we’ve gotta get moving,” Seunghyun’s deep gentle voice broke him from his trance and he didn’t hesitate any longer, opening the door and climb back into the old sedan car.

 

 

It had been a week Jiyong picked up a call from Yang Hyunsuk. It has been a long talking. The president told him that the scandal is cleared. Everything is alright now. President Yang wants to see him to discuss about what next for Big Bang. And since that, Jiyong become restless. Everything that he did feels wrong. He had discussed with the others and decided to go and see the president himself.

 

But they can’t let Seungri know about this. Few days ago, when Youngbae accidently mentioned Seungri's mother while coaxing him to eat his medicine, Seungri started berating everyone. So they gone back to square one, deliberating and analyzing, throwing out idea after idea until finally Daesung told that he will stay with the maknae while the other go back to Seoul.

 

Now, they are on their way back to Seoul. It takes about three hours to arrive. Seunghyun is driving and Youngbae is sitting next to him on the co-pilot seat. It was silence in the car. No one dare to start a conversation. No one dare to catch a sleep, and Jiyong found himself looking outside the window, trying to catch a peaceful of mind by enjoy the scenery that barely seen in this kind of time. Their journey was surrounded by dark woods as Gangwondo was located far outside the city.

 

But that's when the whole world slowed down for Jiyong. When the dark forest had come into view, everything Jiyong had been thinking on and considering disappeared from his mind and the only image flashing in front of his weary eyes was the horrible past.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter