iapple: Our Faults - Jimin

What If

Hugging the teddy bear that Jimin had given her, Jikyung sat there on her bed. She replayed the fight that her and Jimin just had only an hour before. It felt like a dream to her. Sure, couples fight. And Jikyung and Jimin had been known to have a spat or two. But this time it got out of hand.

The two wound up breaking up and Jimin stormed out, slamming the door behind him. Jikyung had smacked the door once it was shut then slid down it, tears welling in her eyes. She sat there crying for a good hour before moving herself to her current location.

“Jikyung?”

She snapped out of her daze to see her younger friend Jungkook standing in her doorway. Her eyes were red from the crying but she still tried to smile at him like everything was alright.

“Think about it like this. You can go to the states and ogle at the guys their without feeling guilty.

Jikyung laughed at her friend and opened her arms for a hug. Jungkook ran over and jumped on the bed, attacking Jikyung with a hug. And with that hug Jikyung knew things would get better.

A few years later, Jikyung found herself on a plane coming back from studying in the states. She’d met many great guys. Even dated another guy who was studying abroad named Namjoon for a while until he went back to Seoul. Once the plane landed, Jikyung met up with Jungkook who treated her to dinner.

Once they reached the restaurant, Jikyung froze as she saw a familiar face waiting tables. Jungkook followed her eyes and soon he was glaring at the boy who smirked at the girls passing by him.

“Jimin,” Jungkook spat.

“I’ll be back,” Jikyung said.

She headed toward him in a daze. Tapping on his shoulder, Jimin turned and eyed the girl in front of him. Jikyung waved, not sure what to say. It clicked for Jimin and he had the instinct to hug Jikyung. But he stopped himself, not sure how good of an idea it was.

“You’re here,” Jimin stated.

He was beaming but his smile went away when Jungkook came up and grabbed Jikyung’s hand.

“We have to head to our table,” Jungkook said, shooting Jimin a glare.

“Are you two…?”

Before Jikyung could answer him, Jungkook pulled her away to their table. Jikyung yanked her arm away and slapped Jungkook’s arm, refusing to sit down.

“Why did you do that? He probably thinks we’re dating now.”

“Jikyung, he broke your heart.”

Jikyung rolled her eyes and sat down across from Jungkook.

“That was years ago. Now I just want to catch up.”

Jungkook got up from the table and Jikyung eyed him funny.

“Fine then. It makes sense that the day you get back the first person you want to catch up with is your ex that broke your heart instead of your best friend.”

Jungkook stormed out and Jikyung sighed. A minute later Jimin came and took the seat across from Jikyung.

“You’re boyfriend left you?”

“My best friend,” Jikyung corrected. “I’m… single.”

Jimin smiled at her words and Jikyung felt her cheeks go red. Jikyung figured Jimin had to get up and work but he stayed seated. As if reading her mind, he explained.

“I just finished my shift. So I’m off now, if you want to talk.”

Jikyung nodded. She very much wanted to talk. So the two stayed and chatted all night. Jimin ordered them food while Jikyung told him all about the states. She even told him about Namjoon and how she sometimes wished they’d stayed in touch. Hearing about this Namjoon person didn’t exactly bring Jimin’s mood up. In fact, he was jealous of this guy that made Jikyung smile in ways that he could have made her smile. Should have made her smile. But he was younger back then. And so was she. The only thing they knew was they knew nothing when it came to relationships.

“I can’t believe I ran into you today,” Jikyung said. “What are the odds I run into you on the day I get back?”

Jimin shrugged his shoulders. Not knowing the odds himself.

“I never really left so I guess the odds are kind of big.”

“Did you happen to have your own Namjoon while I was gone?”

Part of Jikyung wanted to know that Jimin had someone to take his mind off her – if she even was on his mind, like Namjoon did for her. But another part didn’t want to think about Jimin with another girl.

“No,” Jimin said. “Taehyung and Yoongi tried to set me up with people but… there was something about them.”

Jimin didn’t want to say that the thing was they weren’t her. How would she react if he did say so?

“That’s good. Not that you didn’t have anyone. That Yoongi and Taehyung tried to help you out and well, yeah. How are they?”

“Good,” Jimin answered. “We could go see them? If you want that is.”

Jikyung shook her head. All she wanted to do was stay with him.

“I want to stay with you,” she told him.

Hearing this caused Jimin to have a ridiculous grin on his face – as if he wasn’t already from being with Jikyung.

“I want to stay with you too,” Jimin admitted.

The two simply smiled at one another after that. Both didn’t have the nerve to say exactly how much they missed the other. Yet they could tell. Maybe they were meant to be. And maybe some time a part was what they both needed. Now that they were older, what would happen?

After a while of staring at each other like fools in love, Jimin was able to get the courage he needed.

“Would you like to go out on a date?” he asked.

“What? This isn’t a date?” Jikyung teased.

Jimin laughed at her fake hurtful expression.

“Me joining you for dinner after I just got off work does not classify as a date. Especially when you were coming here with some other boy instead,” Jimin teased back.

“The boy was Jungkook. Totally harmless. And to answer your question, yes. I will go on a date with you.”


Hi guys! Sorry for the wait! But I'm back now and ready to do one shots! ^^ So I hope you enjoyed this one.