tiffusan: Two Worlds Collide - J-Hope

What If

As the smartest girl in school, the last thing one would expect Minchan to do is fall head over heels for the school delinquent, J-Hope. But Minchan signed up to be a tutor and J-Hope was forced to go to tutoring due to his low test scores. There the two met and that is where it all began.

“I can’t believe you actually tutor that troublemaker,” Minchan’s best friend Sora said.

Minchan shrugged her shoulders and looked across the cafeteria where J-Hope was sitting on top of his table talking to his friends.

“And he listens to you?” Sora asked.

“I can’t believe it either. He rarely does anything in class when he even bothers to show up. Then he goes to tutoring and does his work.”

It was becoming harder and harder for Minchan to act as if she hated J-Hope.  What she first thought was curiosity at his seemingly two different personalities turned out to be something even greater. Something she was afraid to tell her best friend.

“I commend you for doing what no one else would even think about doing,” Sora said.

Minchan kept looking over at J-Hope but looked away the second he looked over. She looked down at her food and didn’t lift her head up until Sora gave her a nudge. Lifting her head up, Minchan froze as J-Hope was standing in front her table.

“Meet me in the library,” he spoke before walking off.

Collecting her books, Minchan got up for Sora to stop her.

“Are you really going?”

“I didn’t think this kid knew what a library was. What harm could he do in there?”

Sora was against letting her friend go but Minchan insisted she’d be fine. Minchan headed to the library where J-Hope was sitting at the far corner, almost out of sight. Taking a deep breath, Minchan headed over to J-Hope.

J-Hope saw Minchan heading his way and played cool. Seeing as he knew how cool he was, that wasn’t too hard for him. Minchan sat across from him and gave him as friendly smile.

“Did you want extra help?” Minchan asked him.

J-Hope shook his head and tried to figure out how he was supposed to say this. He was risking his reputation by doing this.

“I need your help… but not with homework.”

Minchan raised her eyebrows at J-Hope curiously. What else could he need her help with?

“There is the girl,” he said. “She is well a nerd… like you. And I figured you could help me out with her.”

And this was why Minchan knew the last thing she needed to do was fall for J-Hope. Because this was all bound to happen. She knew the chance he would like her back was slim. But hearing that he liked a different “nerd” hurt worse than if it had been some popular girl.

“I’ll help,” Minchan said. “Though I don’t know exactly what you want my help with.”

“Just tell me how to impress her,” J-Hope said.

It could have been easy for Minchan to lie and give J-Hope the wrong information. But Minchan wasn’t that kind of person.

“You should get her something nice but nothing that you stole. I mean, if you steal. I don’t actually know if you do but everyone says you do…”

So Minchan told J-Hope everything that he needed to know in order to get this girl. Whoever she was.

“Thanks,” J-Hope said.

The bell for class to start again rang and J-Hope was quick to leave.

“Are you really going to confess…?” Jimin started but J-Hope gave him a glare, shutting him up.

“Shut up,” J-Hope grumbled.

He went to the store after school to buy the supplies he needed. He thought about everything that Minchan said and hoped he was getting everything correct. Instead of sneaking back on the school to vandalize, he set up his confession.

The next day Minchan got to school and found a note on her locker. The writing was neat and had a riddle on it.

Here is the first clue I hope you like it. To find the next one, find the music.

Sora walked up to her friend and saw the note on the locker. She gasped when she read it.

“You have a secret admirer! This is so cute! I’m so happy for you!” Sora exclaimed while hugging her best friend.

Mincha, took the note off her locker and thought about it. The music room. Leaving her best friend, Minchan headed out to find the next note. On the door of the music room, Minchan found the next note and took it off, reading it.

This is the second clue, are you curious? Find the next note where the books are mysterious.

Minchan groaned as the library was all the way across the other side of school. As happy as Minchan was to have an admirer, they didn’t plan the notes very well. After finding the note in the mysterious section, Minchan sighed as she saw her next destination.

Time for more walking! Go to the room where you do your tutoring.

The room for tutoring was located right next to the music room.

“This dude is screwing with me intentionally. I should slap him.”

At the tutoring room Minchan saw a note that didn’t have a riddle. It merely said enter. Entering the room, Minchan gasped as she saw J-Hope standing there awkwardly holding a bouquet of flowers.

“I really don’t get why girls like these things. They pretty much die instantly. But you like these so I got them for you.”

J-Hope held out the flowers and Minchan stood there and looked at them.

“J-Hope, what’s going on?” she asked.

“For a nerd you aren’t that bright,” he said.

He set down the flowers and stood in front of Minchan.

“I like you,” he said poking her arm. “I want you to be my nerd.”

“Hold up. This is insane.”

J-Hope kicked a chair over making Minchan flinch.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you. But come on! What’s so insane? I like you and I’m confessing. Just say no and I’ll be out of your hair.”

Minchan grabbed his arm and stopped him from leaving. She closed the door and walked over to the flowers, picking them up.

“I’m saying yes,” Minchan said with a grin.

J-hope kicked another chair over in victory and Minchan jumped again.

“Sorry, I’ll work on how I express myself,” J-Hope said chuckling nervously. He gave Minchan a hug, crushing her flowers in the process.

Minchan was too happy to worry about the flowers. She was so happy that everyone’s shocked faces in the hallway didn’t affect her.

Him?” Sora shrieked when she saw the new couple. “And you said yes?”

Minchan nodded and smiled at J-Hope. She no longer had to hide her feelings.

“Is this going to be a problem?” J-Hope asked.

Sora shook her head and ran away. Minchan sighed and wondered how long it would take her friend to get used the fact that she was now dating the school’s delinquent.