hannanda: Heart's Password AKA (********) - Suga

What If

Checking the time, Yoongi saw that it was three minutes until two. He grabbed his camera and headed outside onto his porch. The sun was shining and it was a perfect day for taking pictures. But as much as he loved taking pictures, there was something else that he loved. Or more like a someone that he loved. Yongmin was the girl next door and Yoongi had fallen for her. Bad. No one dared go after her however. For her brother was none other than Bang Yongguk. And no one was allowed to date his sister without his approval which everyone was too intimidated to do.

Like clockwork, Yongmin came out at two to stretch before her daily walk. Everyday Yoongi would say this is the day that he would talk to her. But every day he choked up and decided, tomorrow.

Yoongi watched Yongmin get ready for her run and pretended to be setting up his camera. Yoongi was surprised when Yongmin began jogging the opposite way and came up his driveway and up to the front porch. Full panic mode had initiated.

“Hi,” Yongmin said.

She gave Yoongi a polite smile and he nodded, his brain not able to find any word to say.

“I always see you out here with your camera before I head out. I figured I’d come say hi.”

Though the two had been living next to each other for years, they both lived separate lives and never bothered to interact with each other.

“I’m Yoongi.” He felt proud of himself for remembering his name.

“Well Yoongi, are you any good with that camera out here or it just supposed to help you get girls?”

Yoongi had never heard of someone using a camera to get girls. Was that really a thing?

“People do that kind of thing?” he asked.

“You won’t believe what I’ve seen people do to impress girls. You didn’t answer my question.”

Yoongi had to think back to remember what the question even was at this point. It amazed him he was getting this far without saying something stupid.

“I like photography.” This was his chance to ask if she wanted to see his pictures some time. He looked up at her and got lost in her beautiful eyes. What was he supposed to ask again?

“Maybe after my run I’ll come over and you can prove to me that thing isn’t used to pick up girls.”

Not believing what was happening, Yoongi merely nodded.

“Well I’d be sweaty so I’d have to shower first. But you probably- you know what. I’ll see you later Yoongi.”

Yongmi ran down the street to turn and run back to the end of the driveway.

“I forgot. I’m Yongmin!”

Yoongi chuckled to himself as he waved goodbye to Yongmin and wished her well on her run. He’d already known that. There wasn’t too much time for Yoongi to celebrate. He had to run to his room and tidy everything up before she got back. He placed all his different albums on his bed and tried to figure out which she’d like more.

“She can figure out when she comes,” Yoongi told himself. Then it hit him. “Oh my gosh she’s coming over. If it goes well she may like me back and then I just need Yongguk to approve.”

Hearing the knock on his front door, Yoongi jumped up checked the time. Could she be here already? Yoongi hurried to his front door before his mom could get to it and saw Yongmin standing there in a plain t-shirt, jeans and pair of sneakers. Yoongi found it incredible how he thought she looked cute even in simple clothes. Yongmin wasn’t even trying.

“Come on in,” Yoongi said.

He stepped aside to let Yongmin in and then showed her to his room. Yongmin glanced at all the different albums before looking around the rest of the room.

“Why have we never talked?” Yongmin asked.

The question stunned Yoongi.

“We never got around to it?”

Yongmin shrugged, accepting that as a possibility. Seeing that Yongmin was exploring his room, Yoongi felt a little uneasy.

“We should hang out,” Yongmin said.

To this, Yoongi was beaming.

“Really?”

“Yeah. My brother is getting too busy to spend time with me and I’m in desperate need of some guy friends.”

In that moment, Yoongi felt as if he was just slapped in the face. He had been friend-zoned.

“Sure. It could be cool to get to know you.”

Yoongi tried to think positive about this. They were finally talking. This, in his book, was progress. But it was hard to be positive when he told his friends and they all laughed.

“She had you pegged as her best friend the moment she laid eyes on you,” Namjoon laughed.

“Friend at first sight,” Hoseok piped in.

The two laughed at Yoongi who shoved his friends off his bed.

“I didn’t ask for your input anyway.”

He stayed positive as he hung out with Yongmin. Soon, Yoongi figured out that Yongmin was far from a girl’s girl. She saw herself as one of the guys. Not only that, but besides her brother and his friends, she didn’t have any else. Until he came along. That gave him hope. And the fact that Yongguk seemed to tolerate him hanging out with his sister, gave him more hope. Maybe he did have a chance.

 

“Are you busy tonight?” Yongmin asked.

Yoongi looked at the girl standing in front of him and wondered if this was it. Was she asking him out?

“No. I’m free,” Yoongi said. “Did you want to do something tonight?”

“Well my parents are having this dinner party tonight and they are inviting all their friends. They told Yongguk and I we could invite our friends. You’re really my only friend who isn’t my brother or his friends. So what do you say? They’re forcing me to wear a dress for their friends so this will surely be something.”

“I’ll be there,” Yoongi grinned.

“Great. Dress up so I don’t have to go through this torture alone.”

Yoongi watched Yongmi leave and closed the door once he could no longer see her. Sure, this wasn’t a date. But the fact she was inviting him to a family must have meant something.

Arriving a few minutes late, Yoongi knocked on the door for Yongguk to answer the door.

“Just the guy I wanted to see,” he said.

“You wanted to see me?”

Yongguk led Yoongi away from all the adults that were gathered around drinking their wine and back to his room.

“We need to talk about my sister.”

Yoongi’s eyes went wide.

“We aren’t dating,” he assured.

“That’s the problem.”

Yongguk’s words surprised him. Yoongi stayed quiet, not sure exactly what he was supposed to say.

“I like you kid,” Yongguk explained. “I wouldn’t let her just date anyone. But you’re not just anyone. I give you permission and demand you go ask out my sister. Now.”

Yoongi nodded his head before leaving the room, almost bumping into someone.

“Sorry,” he said.

“Hey, you’re here.”

Yoongi noticed that the beautiful girl in front of him, was Yongmin. She was wearing a pastel pink dress that went to her knees and was sleeveless. The girl who looked amazing to him wearing a plain T, looked dazzling to him now.

“You look… wow.”

“Don’t lie,” Yongmin said shoving his shoulder playfully. She smirked at him before taking his hand. “Come mingle.”

As he went from person to person, Yoongi tried his best to remember everyone and what they said. Each time someone asked if they were dating the two simply avoided the question. Yongmin soon realized how much she was overwhelming Yoongi and took his out back for some air.

“Do you remember anyone’s names?” she asked.

“I know you’re Yongmin, does that count?”

Yongmin burst out laughing and Yoongi smiled over at her. This was his moment.

“Yongmin, will you go out with me?”

The question caused Yongmin to halt her laughter as she looked over at Yoongi.

“Like a date? You’re not doing this because of this stupid pink abomination are you?”

“No. I really want to go out with you. I’ve just been scared you think of me as a just a friend.”

“To be honest,” Yongmin sighed, “I’ve been wanting to ask you out. But I’ve always been one of the guys so I figured you saw me as the same way.”

Yoongi reached out and grabbed Yongmin’s hand. He looked straight into her eyes before answering.

“I’ve never seen you as just a friend. So I’ll ask again. Bang Yongmin, will you go on a date with me?”

“Yoongi, I would be honored.”

 


It's 1:30 in the morning so I apologize if there are any typos. I hope you like you're oneshot ^^ I also made myself a poster. Woohoo~! I really need to get to bed now. bye~