zeloanie: What if I actually like your eyes? - RapMon

What If

Sung Chungae was sitting at her usual seat at the café near her house and watched the people that entered and ordered their coffee. A guy with sunglasses came in and Chungae found it weird. Outside the sun was nowhere to be found as it was covered by rain clouds. The guy ordered his coffee than he turned and froze in place upon seeing Chungae.

“Do my eyes deceive me? Chungae?”

Chungae looked around as if the guy could be talking about anyone else in the café. He walked up and asked to take the seat across from her.

“It’s me, Namjoon. We went to middle school together.”

It clicked for Chungae and she looked at the guy in front of her in amazement. How had he recognized her? They hadn’t seen each other in years.

“Wow. Um, sit. Let’s catch up.”

Namjoon sat down in the chair across from Chungae and smiled at her.

“I can’t believe you recognized me,” Chungae said.

“I mean, I sort of had this giant crush on you in 8th grade. But that was years ago.”

Chungae could only nod as she processed everything.

“So, what’s with the sunglasses? The sun isn’t exactly out right now.”

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders and looked down at his coffee.

“I have this thing about my eyes. I’m, um, kind of embarrassed about them.”

“Embarrassed? What’s there to be embarrassed about?”

Namjoon chuckled nervously and took a big sip of his coffee, burning his tongue in the process.

“Well, let’s just say that someone whose opinion I cared about said my eyes looked weird. So since that day I’ve been self-conscious of them.”

It puzzled Chungae as to who would tell Namjoon such a thing about his eyes? It couldn’t be his family. Maybe a friend. Most likely a girl. Chungae tried to remember back to 8th grade and what his eyes looked like.

“Let me see your eyes,” Chungae said.

She reached for the glasses and Namjoon backed up in his seat. Chungae gave him a weird look and tried again. Namjoon scooted his chair back causing Chungae to roll her eyes.

“Why can’t I see your eyes?” Chungae shouted.

The few people in the café gave her looks but she ignored them. Chungae was now on a mission. A mission to see Namjoon’s eyes.

“Why would you want to?” Namjoon asked.

“I want to prove this person wrong. So can you take off your sunglasses?”

Namjoon didn’t say anything. He sipped his coffee in silence and avoided Chungae’s eyes.

“You can’t prove this person wrong,” Namjoon said breaking the silence. “Because to prove yourself wrong is kind of hard I think.”

Chungae didn’t know how to respond. Namjoon was saying she had said that to him.

“I told you you’re eyes looked weird? How come I don’t remember that?”

“It was a Monday and it was the beginning of school. I had just gotten myself some new glasses and seeing as I had this big crush on you I went to get your opinion on them. I found you by your friends and went up to you. I asked you what you thought of my glasses and you said ‘might as well make them sunglasses because you’re eyes look weird’.”

How Namjoon could remember all of that baffled Chungae. As if reading her mind, he explained.

“You remember hurtful words easier than the compliments.”

Chungae didn’t know what his eyes looked like but notice his lips were frowning.

“Look. I may not exactly remember this day but I know that I would never say something with the intent to hurt them. I’m sorry I said that.”

“Whether or not you meant to, you still said it and it still hurt. Do you not understand that I replayed that in my head over and over?”

Again, Chungae was clueless how to respond. This conversation had gone downhill too fast for her.

“You say you can’t prove yourself wrong but I’m going to just that. I want you to take off your glasses and let me prove to myself that I was stupid for telling you that.”

Namjoon sighed as he contemplated actually taking off his sunglasses. He thought he had gotten over Chungae. But seeing her at this café brought up all his old feelings back like a giant wave.

“My eyes haven’t changed so I don’t see how you could change your mind,” Namjoon commented.

Still, he took of his glasses and looked Chungae straight in her eyes. She let out a small gasp and Namjoon quickly put his glasses back on.

“I’ll be going,” he said.

He got up from the table and Chungae rushed to the door, blocking him from leaving.

“Chungae,” he sighed.

She didn’t reply and reached out, taking off his glasses. Namjoon closed his eyes and looked away from her.

“I love your eyes,” she told him.

“Don’t lie.”

“I’m not lying! When I said your eyes looked weird, I must have meant that they looked weird in those glasses because your eyes are melt-worthy.”

Hearing this, Namjoon opened his eyes and looked to see if Chungae was being serious. Even though he saw no signs that Chungae was kidding, he still couldn’t get himself to believe her.

“Would you care to finish your coffee with me? Without our sunglasses on.”

Namjoon wanted to say no. He needed to say no. But he found himself sitting across from Chungae and catching up with her over several cups of coffee. As the day went on, he found himself easing up. One can’t simply get over something they’ve been feeling self-conscious about over one cup of coffee. However since Namjoon ran into Chungae, he felt progress was made. And since she asked to meet again sometime soon, Namjoon figured his eyes must have been alright.


Hi there! I hope you liked this oneshot^^ 

I just wanted to say thank to to everyone who's subscribed. I seriously love all of you~ <3

Now I have to go watch my show. BYE~~ :3