theamazimgkpopfan: Fight It's What We Do - Jungkook

What If

The day was Sunday and it was always Jungkook’s favorite day of the week. It was the one day he knew without a doubt he could spend time with his girlfriend, Athena. Every Sunday, the two would meet in the park. Jungkook would bring his bag and they’d either relax or Athena would help Jungkook with his homework.

Grabbing his bag, Jungkook headed outside to see the weather was gloomy today. On days like this, He just headed straight to Athena’s house. Once he got to Athena’s, he knocked on their door for her grandmother to answer.

“Oh, why if it isn’t Jungkook.” She reached out and squeezed his cheeks like she always did.

“Hi grandma. I’m here to see Athena,” Jungkook said.

There really was no other reason for him to be there but he felt the need to say why he was there.

“Athena is at work,” her grandma said.

Jungkook gave her a puzzled look. Since when did she have work? And on Sunday of all days. It was their day to hang out. The fact she didn’t call to tell him puzzle him the most. Jungkook checked his phone to make sure he didn’t miss any texts or call from Athena and saw nothing.

“Did you want to wait for Athena to get back?”

Jungkook shook his head and left in a daze.

“Forget about it,” he told himself. “It’s just one Sunday.”

He sent a text to Athena telling her to call once work was done and went to spend some time with Jimin. Throughout the day, Jungkook kept checking his phone, waiting for Athena to call. Lunch passed and there was no call. Dinner and no call.

“Athena can’t still be at work,” Jungkook said.

He dialed her number and put the phone up to his ear. The phone rang and rang until he heard her voicemail.

Strange, he thought. He ended the call and tossed his phone aside.

The next day at school Jungkook found Athena by her locker and gave her a pout.

“I know yesterday was Sunday and I’m sorry I didn’t call. But I had work and then my grandmother needed me to go to the store. Then Taehyung called and he was having relationship issues so I had to help him. I meant to call I did.”

Jungkook sighed and looked at his girlfriend who he couldn’t help but notice looked very cute today.

“I understand,” Jungkook told her.

He gave her a kiss on the cheek before taking her hand and leading her to their friends. Right as they got their Athena tried to leave. Jungkook gave her a confused look and she gave him an apologetic look.

“I have to go study before the bell rings. I’ll catch you at lunch.”

Athena blew him a kiss before heading off. The other guys all looked at Jungkook and Jimin gave him a nudge.

“Since when does she study before school?” He asked.

“Well, she hasn’t had time to do much studying now that she has a job. But that’s one thing I like about Athena. She knows how to handle big amounts of work. And of course, find time for me.”

As the week went on however, Jungkook found Athena’s time for him becoming less and less.

“I want to be with you,” Athena told him over the phone one night. “But I had to pick up an extra shift at the restaurant and I’m falling behind in science.”

“We can study together,” Jungkook said.

It seemed like an obvious solution.

“I can barely find time to do my chores, let alone study. I’m just working with a lot. But know I love you, okay?”

“Okay. I’d better go so you can rest.”

Jungkook ended the call and put his head in his hands. He was starting to doubt just how much Athena loved him.

Athen continued to work hard and didn’t seem to realize her busy life was affecting Jungkook.

“I miss my girlfriend,” Jungkook whined to his friends as they were all over at his house one day.

“At least you have one,” Namjoon grumbled.

Everyone ignored Namjoon’s grumpiness and decided to help their young one.

“Just surprise her with some flowers and plan some romantic date she can’t say no to,” Jin said.

Jungkook thought it was a good idea. There was just one thing he saw wrong with the plan.

“What if she isn’t even home when I go over there?”

Jin shrugged his shoulders. Jungkook groaned but went with it in the end. He bought a bouquet of roses and stopped by Athena’s house after dinner one night where he figured she’d have to be home.

Knocking on the door, Jungkook stood and waited for Athena to answer. He couldn’t stop from smiling as he thought about the amazing date he had planned out. Athena opened the door and was startled as Jungkook held out the flowers.

“For me?” Athena asked. “What’s the occasion?”

A grin was plastered on her face as she looked at the roses in Jungkook’s hands.

“I wanted to treat my girlfriend to a wonderful night.”

Athena opened to object but didn’t have the heart to say no to her boyfriend. But she’d had such a long day.

“I want to but…”

“But what?” Jungkook snapped.

Athena was surprised by Jungkook’s sudden 180 degree turn.

“I’ve had a long day and I can barely keep my eyes open. I’d rather stay inside. But we can watch TV together.”

Jungkook threw the roses down causing Athena to flinch.

“Jungkook…”

“I get you have a job and you have to make sure that you pass your classes but you seem to have forgotten the important detail that I’m your boyfriend.”

Athena bent down to pick up the roses and looked at them before meeting eyes with Jungkook.

“I haven’t forgotten,” Athena said quietly.

“No, really, it’s okay if you don’t want these roses,” Jungkook’s voice was full of sarcasm.

He snatched them away from Athena leaving her speechless as he tossed them into the street.

“Was that necessary?” Athena asked.

“We haven’t gotten to hang out properly in over two weeks. I go and plan this date for us and you’d rather stay in. I worked hard to plan this. Which I guess you’d know a lot about, seeing as that’s all you do!”

“What has gotten into you? We can still hang out. I’d just rather watch a movie with you.”

Athena stood before a never before seen Jungkook. One that seemed to be furious. She didn’t understand where he was getting with this.

“Oh a movie?” Jungkook asked.

He stepped inside the house and headed over to Athena’s movie collection. Grabbing a handful of movies off the shelf he looked through them, tossing them behind him as he did so.

“Hey!” Athena shouted.

She shut the door and ran over to Jungkook, snatching the movies from his hand. Athena grabbed his hands and he yanked free from her grasp bringing his hands up. Jungkook saw Athena flinch and it was then he realized what he was doing. He lowered his hand and fell to his knees.

“I’m sorry,” Jungkook said. “I don’t know what came over me. I just miss you and I overacted. Please… forgive me?”

Athena found she was full of rage and wanted to yell at Jungkook. How could he giver her roses which he then tosses into the street, barge into her home and mess with her DVD’s, and yell at her expecting her to forgive him? But Athena found her rage disintegrating as she looked into Jungkook’s eyes. She really cared and loved him. Her life had gotten so hectic she forgotten just how much she cared for him. Athena got on her knees so she was level with Jungkook.

“I forgive you,” Athena said.

Jungkook attacked Athena with a hug, sending them both to the ground. Athena giggled and hugged her boyfriend, happy to be in his arms.

“You know,” Jungkook said, “who needs fancy dates? If you want to watch TV I’m up for it.”

_______________

Omg .-. it was hard to make Jungkook all mad and full of rage. He's just a precious little boy to me and just gah~ 

But I hope you liked this one shot.  I did my best. It's 1:17am so I think I'll be heading to bed o.o goodnight all!