Difference Between Us

First Love

“Remember his family is so different than us. I just don’t want them to underestimate you.”


Author’s POV

“Aish where’s yoona? Why didn’t she come home yet? What will I say when his dad comes home? Omo he will be mad! Yoona, dangsineun eodi?” Mrs. Im walking back and forth. She keeps looking to the window hoping to see her walking to the door and then she can scold her. Actually, Mrs. Im never yells at her child, Yoona before because yoona never comes home late. After school is over, she went straight to home, also, if she would go to her friend's house she would call to her mother or to her father. The only friend's house that Yoona visits is tiffany, because they have been friends since childhood so Mrs. Im never worried about that. However, her father maybe would.

“Yeobo I’m home!”

“Omo he’s home! Eotteohke!”

“What are you doing here?” Mr. Im asked his wife who is standing awkwardly.

“Nde? Ani, naneun…”

“Yoona eodi?”

“She is, um she…” Suddenly a sound of motorcycle heard from outside the house.

“Who is that? Is that yoona?” Mr. Im looking through the window with narrowed eyes.

“Yeobo I’m sure she can explain.”

“Who is that boy?”

“Nde? Boy? Let me see!” Mrs. Im pushed Mr.Im away to see a better view.

“Is that? No way!” Mr. Im could only look her wife with his confused look.

“Yah! Who is that boy?”

“If I’m not mistaken that’s Lee Donghae! The one who came here to picked yoona to the prom. Yoona’s date! The principal’s son!”

“Really? Why is yoona with him?”


Meanwhile outside

“Do you still mad at me?”

“I don’t know…” The person he talks with could only look down.

“Yoona look at me.” She slowly raised her head to see him. She saw him looking at her with deep stare. She’s getting nervous by the stare because she never dare to look at him in the eye.

“Wha-what?”

“Do you still mad at me?” He asked with his calm voice.

“umm…no.”

“Good then. Naneun galgeoya. Take some rest okay. Bye…”

“Bye…Be careful on the way. Don’t ride in high speed! Text me if you already get home.”

“I won’t and I will text you, okay.” He just chuckled and then smiled at her. She is about to go inside when suddenly…

“Yoong…”

“What now oppa?”

“My helmet. That…” He pointed to yoona’s head.

“Nde? Oh my, I forgot! Igeo, mianhe.” She lowered her head because she’s embarrassed.

“It’s okay. Bye yoong…” he started the engine and then left from yoona’s sight.

“Bye oppa…” She said in a low voice before entering her house.


“Molla, maybe they’re dating! Omo yoona, you’re truly my daughter!”

“Yah! I’m not agree if they’re really dating!”

“Mwo? Yeobo, he’s handsome and rich! And he seems like a nice guy for yoona. They look great to each other, don’t you think?”

“Do you know his family? Lee family! We are not comparable with those kinds.”

“Eomma, appa I’m home!”

“Where have you been?”  Mr. Im looked at yoona with his cold gaze. As if, he is ready to eat yoona alive.

“Appa…I um…I went with my-”

“Why don’t you call us? Your mother is worry about you!”

“Appa mian, I went with my friend and I couldn’t call you because my phone is dead. Eomma mianhe…”

“Ne gwenchana, I understand. Just go take a bath then come down if you’re finished, we’ll have dinner.”

“Ne, appa mianhe…I’m fine, see.” Yoona approach her dad then clinging around his arm.

“Alright I forgive you but call us if you have something urgent or something to do after school, okay?”

“Okay got it sir!”

“Aish, go take a bath, you’re stink!”

“Appa!” Yoona hit her dad arm repeatedly.

It is always like this. Every time yoona got a problem or making a mess, her parents didn’t scold her too much. They just told her that it was wrong and don’t ever make another same mistake. Yoona always spoiled by her parents because she is the only child in her little family. However, it doesn’t make yoona as a spoiled brat. In fact, yoona grew as an independent girl. Both of his parents were very fond of her as she is their most precious treasure. They love her so much.


“Aigoo, I’m so tired.” Yoona dropped her body on her bed then shut her eyes. Suddenly she is smiling and giggling like an idiot.

“Mwoya? I miss him already. Aish Im Yoona! What happen to you?” She punches her head over and over don’t know what she’s doing right now.

“What are you doing?”

“Eomma! You scared me!”

“Aigoo, why are you smiling and giggling?”

“Ani, I just-”

“Is he your boyfriend?” Mrs.Im suddenly went closer to the bed and sat in front of yoona.

“What are you talking about eomma? I’m going to bath.”

“Yah! Tell me! Lee Donghae, Is he your boyfriend? Because if he is, I will be your number one supporter! I’m 100% support your relationship!”

“Eomma what are you talking about? We’re just-”

“Just what? You can’t lie to me young girl. You’re my daughter. Aigoo, do you know that you two are looking great!”

“Eomma stop it!” Yoona starting to walk to the bathroom.

“Bring him here sometime yoong!”

“Never gonna happen!” She yells from outside.

“That kid.” Mrs. Im could only sigh and shook her head.


A black Ninja ZX-6R parked in a large garage. Large enough to put five cars and one sport motorcycle.

A young man get down from his motorcycle and let go his helmet while shook his head in order to fix his hair.

Soon as he stepped into a large and classy living room, his butler came to him. “Young master, where have you been?”

“Out with my friend.”

“Madam Lee has waited for you to come for dinner.”

“I already ate so don’t wait for me.” He replied with a cold way.

“But-”

“I’m tired. I’m going to bath and then sleep. Don’t disturb me.”

“Lee donghae! Where have you been?” Mrs. Lee suddenly stands in front of him but donghae just past her without any desire to answer her question.

“Lee Donghae, answer me!” Mrs. Lee’s voice is rising.

“I think that’s none of your business.” Donghae answered her without turn around and then keep walking.

“You’re lucky because your dad is not here right now.”

“Whatever.” Donghae mumbling while walking to his room.

“Mr. Kim!”

“Nde madam.”

“Keep an eye on every single thing he did. What he's done with his friend and his friend background.”

“Yes madam.”

 “Aish that woman! Why does she have to be in my life? Patient Donghae, in the next 3 years you’ll be separate from her. Yoona…I already miss her. What is she doing right now? Yoona! You make me crazy for thinking about you every minute! Ah! I forgot i should text her to inform her that I already got home!”


“Why he hasn't text me? He said that he would text me as soon as he got home.” Yoona keeps looking to her cell phone on the table next to her bed with her ​​hair rolled by towel because she just took a bath.

Suddenly her phone is ringing. (Yoona’s ringtone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epX4-XcsUQM)

She immediately grabbed her cell phone and opened the message from the person she was waiting for.

From: LeeDongHae<3

Hey my yoong, I already got home safely. Have you had your dinner? Don’t forget to eat your dinner and sleep well tonight. Thanks for today and I’m sorry for making you upset this noon. I miss you already do you know that! Sleep tight tonight my yoong. See you tomorrow. Loveyou <3

“I miss you too oppa…” She smiles while reading the message. Then she replies the message, after that she come down to have dinner with her parents.


While wait for the reply donghae close his eyes and put his hand on his forehead while lying on his bed. He is smiling remembering his first date with yoona this afternoon. Then suddenly his phone ringing.

From: Yoong<3

Oppa! I just finished taking a bath and I’m about to have dinner now. You too, don’t forget to have dinner because we only ate burger and French fries earlier. It’s okay oppa, I’m no longer upset hehe ^^ and I also thank for today. It was fun J Sleep well oppa! See you tomorrow…Don’t be late! Loveyoutoo<3

“I love you so much yoona…” He kissed his cell phone then put it on his chest while smiling.


“Oh my I feel like my head is going to explode. Why the pain hasn't gone till now?” Tiffany still lying on her bed because she is too dizzy to leave her bed. 

“Fany ah…”

“Eomma!”

“What happened sweetie? Are you sick? Shin ahjumma told me that you were feeling dizzy this afternoon.”

“Nde eomma, my head is hurt. I don’t know why.”

“You were not ate your breakfast this morning that’s why you feel dizzy.”

“Yeah I know. Is dad home yet mom?”

“No, he’s not. He informed me earlier that he still has to work until 10pm because the company recently worked with a new client so the company is busy now. Have you had your dinner?”

“No, I don’t want to mom.”

“You have to! I will feed you okay…” Mrs. Kim caressed her daughter’s hair while smiling to her.

“Okay then!” Tiffany excited because she loves if her mother feed her. It just feels good.

“Alright I’ll bring the food here. After you eat promise me that you’ll take your medicine.”

“Okay mom, I love you so much!” She hugged her mother tightly.

“I love you too sweetie.” She hugged her back.


“Oppa!” a girl rush into a room, she doesn’t care of what the person doing in that room.

“What did i say about knock the door before entering someone's room?” He said while reading on his sofa.

“Hehe mian oppa, I’ll do it again.” She could only show her innocent smile then close the door. The person could only chuckle at her action.

(Door knock) “Oppa…Can I come in?” Her voice is sweeter than before.

“Sure.”

“Oppa! Help me please!” she straight sits next to him with her pouting face begging him to help her.

“What is it?” He keeps reading without looking to the girl who is begging to him.

“I can’t do my homework. It’s too hard!”

“Did you pay attention to your teacher?

“Well…That’s…I did!” She yelled at him because she felt that he accused her for not paying attention to her teacher earlier at school, which he is right.

“I doubt it.” He simply answered.

“Yah oppa! You’re like master in math so please help me!” She wiggled his hand and gave him her cutest face to seduce him but it was useless because he didn’t even look at her. “Oppa look at me!”

Finally, he gave up and looked at her direction. “Arraso, you know that I can’t resist my little sister.” He said and pinched his little sister’s nose.

“Aish oppa, you are so annoying! That’s why I love you!” She hugged him and he hugged her back.

“Okay, what part don’t you understand?”

“I lost in algebra.” She pouted.

“It’s easy, c’mon I’ll explain. Don’t you dare to sleep during our study!”

“Got it!” She smiles widely to her elder brother. Then they begin to learn until finally Sulli was still asleep during her brother's explanation. Siwon Carried her to her bedroom then kissed her forehead before switched the light off.

Choi Sulli is an 11 years old girl. She had just entered junior high school. This year is her first year in Jakarta International School. At first, she didn’t want to come to Jakarta especially live there. But, her father force her because her father have to handle one of his company in Jakarta so all of her family, her mom, her dad, and her elder brother must move to Jakarta. Although it is temporarily, but still she didn’t like it and she wants to back to Korea quickly. Unlike Siwon, he chose to keep quiet and obey his father. Their mother keeps telling them to be patient and listen to her dad. It is also for the good of them all.


“Yoona, Is he your namjachingu?” Mr. Im suddenly asks while they’re eating dinner.

“Nugu?”

“Lee donghae.”

“Appa…”

“Just answer me.”

“Well…He-”
“So it’s true! Aigoo yoona! That’s great!” Mrs. Im clapped her hands and giggling at the same time.

“What’s the matter with you? They still study, I think it’s better for you and him to focus on your study.” Mr. Im said with his serious voice.

“Mworago? Yeobo, Lee donghae is the son from one of the richest and powerful man in the world, Lee Seung Yeon. Can you imagine if someday Yoona and donghae are getting married and we will be one family? Ommo! That will be so great!”

“Eomma! What are you talking about? Married? You've started hallucinating.”

“Yah! Im Yoon Hee! Don’t think too far. The Lee family is so different from us. 10 xs different than us! What are you expect? Lee donghae will be your son in law? Tsk. And you Im Yoona, don’t take your relationship with him too serious. Focus on your study first. Remember his family is so different from us. I just don’t want them to underestimate you.” Mr. Im continued eating while yoona could only look at her dinner with blank face. She is thinking about her father said.

After finishing her dinner and helping her mother with the dishes, yoona back to her room to sleep. But she felt there’s something that she forgot.

“What am I forget? I don’t think there’s-omo! Tiffany!” Then she picked up her cell phone and calls tiffany.

“Yeobseo?” the person who answered the phone sounded very weak.

“Fany! I'm really sorry I just called you now. How are you?”

“Gwenchanayo yoong…”

“That’s a relief. Ah fany, I’m so happy right now!”

“Ne? Waeyo?” Tiffany seems excited.

“Umm…today is my first date with donghae oppa!”

“Jinjja? Chukkae…” 

“Why you’re not sounds excited?” Yoona pout which fany couldn't see it.

“Aniyo, I’m happy for you. For both of you!”

“Thank you my best! Alright, at first I want to tell you all the details but you need some rest, so you will feel better. Get well soon best, i’m sorry if I disturb you.”

“No, you’re not disturbed at all. You can tell me tomorrow…”

“Okay see you tomorrow then…love you!”

“Love you too…”

“Yoona!”

“Eomma! You scared me!”

“Mianhe…I just want to tell you, about what your father said earlier, don’t listen to him. You’re allowed to date with anyone especially donghae!”

“Eomma, stop it! Don’t talk about that anymore!”

“Wae? He’s my future son in law!”

“This is why I don’t want to tell you that I’m dating him.”

“So it’s true!”

“So what eomma?”

“So what? Do you know about your boyfriend background?”

“Of course I know! His father is the richest and powerful man in the world, Lee Seung Yeon.” Yoona tries to imitate her mother’s word earlier with the accent and move. “And he’s the principal in our school. Maybe? I’m not sure about it because he’s never been around the school. Well, sometimes. Therefore, there’s a vice principal and he is the one who always organize everything in the school. That’s all.”

“Aigoo, that’s all you got? You don’t know anything about his company, his group?”

Yoona just shook her head innocently.

“Aish, check on the internet.”

“Wae? I don’t want to. It’s no need to do.”

“It is! For your future! C’mon!”

“Andwae eomma!”

“Yoona!”

Yoona just sighed and finally she searched on the web about JK GROUP, which is Donghae’s family group. One of the most powerful business groups in South Korea. It’s abbreviation for his grandpa’s name Lee Joong Keun. So, it’s a hereditary company and Donghae will be the next president for the company. JK group owned a five star hotel in various countries. Some of them are France, London, America, Japan, and of course Korea. They also a conglomerate with tons of subsidiaries for example the Samsung mobile, department store, and they’re one of the world's largest car manufacturer which is Hyundai-KIA. And Jakarta International School is one of the prestigious schools that Lee family run. No wonder people call them “The Leader.” Well, they are leading the Korean economy. They are on top. And you know what, not only The Lee Family that I found, people also search for Choi family, which is Siwon’s family, Kim family which is Yesung’s oppa family, and Cho family. I was surprised that maknae is one of the richest family in Korea. Choi family call themselves Choi Group. Siwon’s father is currently the CEO of Boryung Medicine, a pharmaceutical company.They owned a hospital in Seoul. They also cooperate with JK group. Their families are close to each other. Donghae’s father is Siwon’s father childhood friend. Siwon’s family also owns the Hyundai Department Store. This company is one of the largest supermarket chains in Korea. Siwon’s father also owns trading company in Japan and recently his mother has her own company “CS” company. Plus, his family owns the country's biggest art museum. Because his mom loves art, they build the art museum. Third, Yesung’s oppa family. His family runs a large successful construction company, and has important connections to an underground organization (hinted to be the mafia). And they also owned several nightclub in several countries and of course some of them are outside Korea. The last is maknae’s family. Cho Kyuhyun. His family owned several academies in Asia. Kyuhyun's father's school academy has been running for 18 years and in 2012, Mr. Cho opened a Korean language academy in Taiwan, which attracted close to 1,000 fans on its opening day. These families are filthy rich! Their lifestyle and wealth are beyond of imagination.

Yoona and her mother could only starred at the laptop without saying anything because they were amazed by what the blog said. Until finally Mrs. Im spoke out.

“Whoaaaa! Yoona they are totally rich! For God’s sake they are so rich!”

Yoona could only look at her laptop with her blank face. “Yoona yah, you have a bright future darling!” Mrs. Im shook yoona’s arm.

“Okay eomma, you’re done right? I need to sleep now.”

“Aish, arraso. But remember, be nice to your boyfriend. He is your precious asset! Good night sweetie…”

“Aish, eomma!” Yoona yelled to her mother who already left her bedroom.

Yoona’s POV

Donghae oppa’s family is extremely rich. What about mine? My family is nothing for them. My dad only works as a chef at a small restaurant and my mom is a kindergarten teacher. Sometimes, I help my dad in the restaurant as the waiter. Their salary is not enough to pay for our debt plus food for the next month sometime. Luckily, I got a scholarship in my school. Thanks to Tiffany’s family. They helped me to get into that prestigious school. They assume me as their child. So, my parents don’t have anything to worry about my study. I had a dream once, what is it like to have anything you want without you don’t need to work hard to get it? It will be great right? So great. But, what if you're not happy despite all that you want is fulfilled? You are tortured by it instead of happy. It is just my opinion. Because there is something that money can’t buy.

“Remember his family is so different than us. I just don’t want them to underestimate you.”

“Eotteohke!!!”


New chapter! Hope you like it :) 

You know, there's a change in the foreword if you notice plus i added the teaser for this story! Finally i can make my own trailer! :D Well basically i asked to AidenLeeDonghae13 for the trailer but i request too much so i'm afraid it will burden him. Sooooooo i decided to make it on my own because i want the video is deliver what i imagine for this story. Some of the scene from my video is taken from the video that AidenLeeDonghae13 has made for me and believe me it was so nice! But still it doesn't quite as i hope. I wish you would like it and i give a BIG CREDIT FOR AidenLeeDonghae13!!! <3