Promises - Part 1

First Love

 “Don’t promise anything if you can’t keep it. You know, a broken promise can be really painful.”


Author’s POV

“Morning, Donghae.”

As usual, there was no answer from the person she talks to. As it has become a habit, so she did not want to argue about Donghae’s cold attitude towards her.

 “So Donghae, how’s your school? Is everything going well?”

“I thought you only act nice to me when dad is around. Now, he’s not here so, you don’t have to show your acting skill in front of me.”

Slight but sharp. He always talks like that every time he’s talking with his step mother. There’s no desire to be nice to her.

“Don’t talk to me like that Lee Donghae! I ask you nicely and you need to respect me!”

“What? Respect you? Do you really want me to respect you? Dream on. You don’t deserve any respect from anyone.”

“That’s enough Lee Donghae! You're out of line! You-”

“I lose my appetite. I’m going.”

“Lee Donghae! I’m not done talking to you! Come back here!”

But, as you know, he will never listen to her. He just kept walking not even bothered with her yelling at him.

“Mr. Kim! Keep following him wherever he goes. Check on his friend’s background and the most important, his precious girlfriend.”

“I understand Madam Lee.”

“We’ll see Lee Donghae. You’ll respect me sooner or later. You don’t know what I am capable of.”

There’s a smirk showed on her face. And you know everything is not going to be okay.


“Yoong, hurry up! You’re going to be late! If you want to go with your dad, then you two needs to leave now before the traffic getting worse!”

“Alright mom! I’ll be there in a minute!”

“Yeobo, where’s yoona?”

“She’s still preparing. Eat your breakfast first.”

“Okay, I’m ready!”

“Eat your breakfast first, yoong.”

“But, I don’t want to…”

“Yoona! Sit and eat. You need some energy!”

“Aish, arasso!”

“How’s your ankle?”

“Better. I’m fine now, mom.”

Suddenly a noise from a motorcycle could be heard outside the residence of the Im family.

“Who is that?”

“I don’t know. Let me open the door.”

Then Mrs. Im walked to the door and she surprised by someone’s appearance in front of her.

“Omo! Lee Donghae! What brings you here in the morning?”

“Annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Im, I want to see Yoona.”

“Oh, come in! We are having a breakfast, you can join us Donghae, have some breakfast first with us.”

“Nde? No, it’s okay. I can wait here.”

“What are you talking about? Just come in. It’s cold outside.”

“Okay then…”

“Yoona, look whose here.”

“Nde? Omo! What are you-? (Uhuk, uhuk!)”

“Yah, what did I say? Don’t talk when your mouth full.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I want to check on your condition. And why are you wearing school uniform?”

“I’m going to school, duh.”

“But, how is your ankle?”

“It’s better now, don’t worry about it.”

“But-”

“Okay, have some breakfast first you two before going to school. You can sit beside Yoona, Hae-ya.”

“Ah, nde Mrs. Im.”

“So, Yoona will be with you? That’s great, so that means I don’t have to be late today.”

“Ne ahjussi, don’t worry about it.”

“Appa!”

“What? You have your boyfriend here willing to drive you to school, so you should go with him.”

“Aish!”

Like a little boy who likes when there are people who defend him, Donghae smiling like a fool.

“Stop smiling! You look like an idiot.”

“Don’t say that, yoong! Here, I only cooked fried rice with fried egg. That’s all I can cook every morning because three of us always in rush in the morning, so I cook the easy food to make.”

“It’s okay Mrs. Im.”

And then Donghae ate the fried rice made by Mrs. Im. A simple dish, which Donghae never tries in his life. Yoona could only look at him. She still couldn’t believe that Lee Donghae came to her house in the morning and had breakfast with her and her parents. And he ate fried rice. Probably different with the breakfast menu at his house.

“How’s the taste?”

“Umm, it’s delicious! Even though it’s a simple dish, but it’s good. I rarely eat home-made food.”

“Really?”

“Ah, never mind. It’s good by the way.”

“That’s a relief. It’s okay, if you want to eat home-made food more often, you can come here and ask me to cook it for you. Maybe your mom is too busy, I’d love to cook it for you.”

“Thank you Mrs. Im.”

“Yes, she’s a good cook you know.”

“Aish, Yeobo stop it!” Mrs. Im blushed by Mr. Im’s compliment. Donghae chuckled at their act to each other while Yoona could only look disgusted at her parent’s act.

“Alright, I think we should go. We don’t want to be late, right?”

“But you haven’t finished your breakfast yoong.”

“It’s okay mom. I’ll eat at school.”

“Aish, always like that.”

“Okay then, Mr. Im, Mrs. Im, thank you for the breakfast. We’re going.”

“Yes, sure. Be careful on the way.”

“Okay.”

“Bye yoong!” Mr. and Mrs. Im waved to their daughter.

“Bye mom, bye dad.”


Outside the house

“Is your ankle still hurt? You don’t have to force yourself if your ankle’s condition isn’t good.”

“If you keep asking about my ankle, we never get to school on time!”

“I’m just worrying about you. Is that wrong?”

“No, it’s not. I’m sorry. It’s just that, I’m fine and I don’t want to miss any subject before the final exam.”

”If this is about you who don’t want to miss the lesson, I could tell the teachers to come here and teach you here.”

“What?! No no no! You can’t do that!”

“Why not? It’s easy. I always do that every time there’s a left behind subject.”

 “It’s easy for you, but not for me.”

“And why is that? You’re my girlfriend, right?”

“Aish! Forget it! We’re going to be late if we keep arguing about this!”

 “Arraso, arraso!” Donghae handed the helmet to Yoona.

“Ready?”

“Wait! Okay I’m ready.”

“Hold on to me tightly, yoong.”

“Don’t drive too fast!”

“You said we’re going to be late, so we need to hurry, right?”

“But-”
“Just hold on tight.”

Finally Yoona gave up and she putted her hands on Donghae’s jacket and they finally went to school. Except for the two persons who had been watching them from inside the house.

“They are so cute! Donghae is so concern about Yoona’s condition. I think he loves her so much.”

“Yes, I hope he does. I’m going now, okay?”

“Okay, be careful.”


 “Your mom’s cook is delicious by the way.” Donghae finally opened the conversation while riding his motorcycle.

 “Really? You like it?”

“Of course! She’s a great cook. I can’t wait to try other food cooked by your mom.”

For her, her mom’s cook is just like any other home-made food. Nothing special.  Probably because Donghae rarely eats home-made food.

“I was wondering if you are also good at cooking like your mom.”

“I am! You know the expression; the fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree.”

“Hmmm, I doubt it.”

 “Mworago?!”

“Aniyo, I said I bet you’re a good cook just like your mom.”

“Aish, you think I’m deaf? I hate you.” without her knowing it, she took off her hands who had been holding on to Donghae’s jacket because she annoyed by him.

“ Yah! Why do you let go of your hand?”

“Nde?”

Donghae took Yoona’s hand and putted it again on his waist. Yoona remained silent over Donghae’s action.

“Don’t let go. You know what; maybe you can cook for me sometimes.”

“Yeah right Lee Donghae.”

“You don’t want to cook for your boyfriend?”

“Nope!”

“Yah, yoong!”

“Hahaha!”

“Aish!” Donghae frowned because of Yoona laughed at him.


JAKARTA PRESIDENT INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL

“School… why there should be a school?”

“Oppa, stop complaining.”

“But Seo-”

“Listen to your girl, Kyu.”

“Siwon oppa!”

“Siwon!”

The girls shouted after young handsome guy which often called Siwon, out of his car. He got the charisma that melts the heart of every girl even though he was 16 years old.

“Why can't I be just like him? The girls adore me like they adore Siwon or Donghae!”

“Hyuk-ah, keep dreaming! Hahaha!”

“Yah! Heechul, you want to die huh?!”

“Calm down! I’m just kidding. Yah, Siwon-ah! My bro!”

“Yuri, I’m sorry about yesterday.”

“It’s okay. Turns out I need to accompany my mom to buy groceries.”

“What are you two talking about?”

“We’re talking about our “study date” oppa.” Yuri emphasized at the word date because she knew that her boyfriend will be misunderstood.

“Mwo? Date?!”

“STUDY. And, I have told about it yesterday right? ”

“Whatever!”

“Aish! Stop it; you disgusted me with your childish act.”

“Shut up heechul!”

The others were laughing at Yesung while Siwon chuckled because Yesung misunderstanding about him and Yuri. The fact that Yesung was the son of a mob boss makes it even funnier when he saw him angry like a child. He should act like a cold guy or something but turns out he could act like a child too. Suddenly, a motorcycle came and attracted the attention of all the people who were walking in front of the school. The “gang” also seems surprised to see it.

“Is that Donghae? And Yoona?”

“I thought Yoona didn’t want to be picked up by Donghae, since she doesn’t like being public spectacle.”

The thing that had been thought on Yoona’s mind finally happened. Everyone looked at her and Donghae. Yoona felt uncomfortable being in a situation like this. She wants to run straight into the school and sit in her class.

“What’s wrong?”

If Yoona said that she felt uncomfortable by the horror stares towards her, Donghae would definitely do something unexpected.

“Nothing. Here’s your helmet. Let’s go.” Yoona walked hurriedly towards his friends were at followed by Donghae behind her.

“What’s wrong with her? Aish.”

“Yoona!” Yuri was the first one who greeted her.

“Whoa Yoona-ya! Finally you guys did something that most couples should do. Congrats!”

“What are you talking about Hyuk-ah? Do you mean if they don’t do things that couples should do in general, it means that they’re not a couple? They have their own way in living their relationship you know!”

“A-ani Hyo, I didn’t say that. It’s just that, I rarely see them do such a thing like that.”

“Whatever!”

Then suddenly Donghae’s eyes met Siwon’s. His eyes seemed to say, “You got something to explain”. The bell finally rang and all of the students straightly went to their own class.


At x-7 class

“So everyone, I would like to remind you that your assignment needs to be collected tomorrow at my office, okay? Are you done with it?”

“Yes, sir!”

“Good. Okay, that’s all for today, thank you.”

“Aigoo! Eotteohke? I haven’t done anything! Siwon-ah! Can you do the assignment today?”

“Ah, yeah sure. Where?”

“Well, if you don’t want to do it at my house, we can do it at the library, how’s that?”

“Your house is fine.”

“Okay then, my house it is! Yoong! Have you done it?”

“No, I haven’t. I don’t have time to do it.”

“We can do it today.”

“Nde? Well, okay, are you busy today oppa?”

“No, not at all.”

“Okay then. Where are we going to do it?”

“How about your house? I would like to try more of your mom’s cook.”

“Mwo? My house? But-”

“Aish, c’mon Yoong, You guys could spend more time together without you parents asking you to come home right away, right?”

“Thank you Yuri.”

“Sure, Hae.”

“Arraso!”

“Great! I’ll be there at 7.”

“What?! Isn’t that too late? Why don’t we do it after school?”

“I can’t. I have basketball practice.”

“Aish, arraso. 7 pm, on time, no late!”

“Got it! Siwon-ah, can I talk with you for a sec?”

“Sure.”

“Excuse me ladies.”


“What is it?”

“What happen yesterday?”

“Yesterday? What about yesterday?”

“I knew it already okay. Yoona got hurt on her ankle and she said that she fell at the toilet and then you helped her and brought her to your house.”

“Yes, true. So?”

“So? Why didn’t you tell me that Yoona was with you? I could pick her and brought her to her house.”

“She was weak at the time so I decided to not wake her up and let her rest for a while.”

“Is it true that the cause of her injury is because she fell?”

Siwon silenced for a while. He promised to Yoona not to tell Donghae the truth but he knows Donghae. He will never stop until he gets what he wants.

“So, it’s a lie? Yah! Siwon answer me!”

Siwon only looked down and didn’t say anything.

“Don’t tell me that it was Eun seo.”

But Siwon keep silent and Donghae knew right away that the answer was yes. He immediately ran to look for Eun seo, leaving Siwon who just stand there.


Tiffany’s POV

“What is it?”

“What happen yesterday?”

When I was walking on the hallway with my friend, I accidently saw Donghae and Siwon were talking and it seemed serious.

“Yesterday? What about yesterday?”

“I knew it already okay. Yoona got hurt on her ankle and she said that she fell at the toilet and then you helped her and brought her to your house.”

Yoona got hurt? And Siwon brought her to his house? What?!

“Yes, true. So?”

“So? Why didn’t you tell me that Yoona was with you? I could pick her and brought her to her house.”

“She was weak at the time so I decided to not wake her up and let her rest for a while.”

“Is it true that the cause of her injury is because she fell?”

There’s no way that she fell because she is not a clumsy girl. I bet someone did this on purpose because they were angry to Yoona. Of course why they weren’t? Be Lee Donghae’s girlfriend is special and the fact that you just someone that doesn’t have the same background as Lee Donghae makes it even annoying.

I could see that Siwon oppa didn’t answer Donghae’s question. Does he know the truth? I bet he is.

“So, it’s a lie? Yah! Siwon answer me!”

I’m 100% sure that Eun seo who caused this.

 “Don’t tell me that it was Eun seo.”

I see that Donghae has the same thought as me.

“Fany-ah, let’s go!”

“Ah, yes!

When I turned back, I saw Donghae already ran through the hallway. Maybe he looked for Eun seo. I bet something is going to happen soon. We’ll see.


Author’s POV

At school canteen

“Aish! Where’s is she?”

Donghae already looked at entire school for Eun seo but at the end he spotted her at the school canteen. Then he approached her and her gang who were enjoying their lunch.

“I know right! It’s ! How can he forbid me to come to the hottest party of the year?”

“Have you talked to your dad again?”

“No, I haven’t. I’ll try to talk to him again today. Aish! I hate him!”

“Omo, Eun seo look who's here!”

Jiyeon poked Eun seo to tell her the most gorgeous and handsome creature was standing beside her. Eun seo who was busy enjoying her lunch got annoyed by Jiyeon.

“Mwoya! Omo, Donghae oppa! What is it oppa?”

As usual, she always acted cute around Donghae. She doesn’t care if everyone were watching her action.

“I’d like to talk with you.” Donghae already acted cold towards her.

“Nde? Sure! What are we going to talk about?”

“Not here.”

Then suddenly Donghae took Eun seo’s hand, it was a little bit harsh actually because Donghae was angry and he held Eun seo’s hand so tight. He pulled her somewhere else. When Uee and Jiyeon were about to followed them,

“Alone.”

Both of them sat again at the table.


“Oppa, where are we going? Oppa!”

Then suddenly they both stop walking at an empty hallway. Donghae did it on purpose because he doesn’t want everyone to see he yells at Eun seo. 

“Oppa, you’re kind hurt my hand.” Then Donghae turned to see Eun seo with a face full with anger.

“Good. I bet Yoona’s injury is more hurt than yours!”

“Nde? What are you talking about oppa?”

“Don’t lie to me Eun seo!” Donghae screamed which made Eun seo surprised and she hit the wall behind her.

“Op-op-oppa, I don’t understand what are you talking about right now.”

“Maybe you can explain about Yoona’s ankle.”

“Mwo? Yoona’s ankle? What about it?”

“What about it? You asked me? Yah! Ask yourself!”

“Oppa…”

“I knew it Eun seo! What did you do to her?!”

“I-I...”

“Answer me!”

“I was angry when you announced that you both were dating and then I saw Yoona was alone at the school garden waiting for you and then I decided to give her some lesson. So when she went to the toilet, Uee, Jiyeon, and I followed her and then I-I dropped a bucket full with water to her and then-and then…”

“And then what?!”

“And then I doused her phone with water so you can’t call her since her phone is dead because of the water. Wh-when I pushed her away she fell because the floor was slippery and she hurt her ankle. Oppa, I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to do that! I-I’m so-sorry o-oppa.”

Donghae held his anger. He really, really wanted to hit Eun seo at the time, but he also knew that she is a girl so Donghae couldn’t do anything about it.

“Oppa…” Eun seo held Donghae’s arm but Donghae pushed her away so hard caused her to fell to the floor.

“What are you doing?!”


Yoona’s POV

“Aish! Where’s he? He said he won’t take long.”

“Hey everyone! Eun seo is being scolded by Donghae in the hallway, come hurry up!”

What? Donghae and Eun seo? What are they doing? Is he already knew the truth about what happened yesterday? Oh no, this can’t be happening!

I started to follow the group of people who want to watch their fights. And when I got there Eun seo was telling Donghae about what happened yesterday and Donghae was pushed her that caused her to fell to the floor.

“What are you doing?!”

I know that Eun seo was wrong, but everything has happened so I think we should forget it. I don’t want to prolong the problem.


Author’s POV

“What are you doing?!” Yoona then approached Donghae but Donghae didn’t say anything to her. Not yet.

“Why don’t we forget what has happened and just, just leave it all behind.”

“I don’t need you to defend me Im Yoona!” Eun seo yelled at Yoona because she was so embarrassed right now.

“I’m not defending you. You should realize what have you done is wrong and I want everyone know that you’re not good as they thought you were.”

“Shut up Im Yoona!” When Eun seo was about to hit Yoona, Donghae held her hand and tossed it.

“Don’t you dare to touch her again or else I’ll kill you!”

“Donghae!” Yoona was shocked at Donghae’s words.

“Let’s go!” Donghae pulled Yoona’s hand and dragged her out of from the situation.


At school balcony

“Donghae let go of my hand!”

Then Donghae did as what she told him. There was a silent between them until Donghae start to spoke.

“Why didn’t you tell me the truth?”

“Hae…”

“Why? Why did you have to tell it to Siwon instead of me? What? You don’t think of me as your boyfriend? You don’t trust me?”

“No. It’s not like that!”

“You know, I want to be your protector when you are in danger, I want to give my shoulder for you to cry on, and I want to give my hands to hold yours when you need help and when you need someone to give you strength. I just-I just want to be there for you as long as I can. I don’t want to see you hurt or crying yoong, believe me that’s the last thing I want it to happen. But, you've been hurt and crying because of me…I’m sorry yoong, I’m so sorry…”

“Donghae…”

Yoona took Donghae’s hand and she held it tightly. She gave him the sweetest smile she ever gave him.

“Never once in my life, I heard those words from someone else except my parents. And I’m happy those word came out from someone…someone like you.”

Donghae looked at her eyes deeply. Those shade and warm eyes. Eyes that can make you feel calm and safe. They looked for each other. Like there’s no word to describe, to explain, and to tell. You just need to look through each other’s eyes and everything is going to be okay, everything is already explained to each other, and you can feel each other’s love. Suddenly Donghae pulled Yoona into his embrace and hugged her tight. Yoona, who is shocked, hugged him back and she holds him tight too, like there’s nothing can separate them.

“I’m sorry that I lied to you.”

“It’s okay. Don’t do that again. And, I promise I will never let this thing happen again. I promise.”

“Don’t promise anything if you can’t keep it. You know, a broken promise can be really painful.”

“You don’t trust me?”

“Aniyo, I’m just saying.”

“Well, I can keep my promise. I will not disappoint you.”

“Okay, whatever you say Lee Donghae.”


After school ends

“Siwon, don’t forget our plan okay! And don’t be late!”

“Okay, I got it.”

“Bye Yoona, Bye Donghae! Bye everyone!”

“Bye, yul!”

“C’mon, let’s go home yoong.”

“I thought you have basketball practice?”

“Yeah I know, I will drive you home and then I come back here.”

“Mwo? It’s okay, I can go home by myself, Hae.”

“But I want to drive you home; beside you can’t walk too far and too long. Your ankle still needs recovery.”

“But Hae-”

“Just listen to me for once?”

“Arraso…”

“Good, let’s go home.”


Parking Area

”Here’s your helmet.”

“I can go home by myself you know.” Yoona mumbled while wearing her helmet and then climbed up to the seat behind Donghae.

“Hold on.” Donghae didn’t respond to what Yoona was saying.

“Aish, what is wrong with listening to someone’s mumble for once?”

Donghae finally started his engine then drove to Yoona’s house. Without they knowing, someone with black car was following them from behind until they reached their destination. 


Hell-o! I'm back with a new chapter and this time maybe a little bit longer so i have to divide it into 2 parts. Sorry for the late update, i don't know if you guys are looking forward for this story or not, i don't mind about that. I just want you to read and tell me your opinion because i don't know if the story is good, interesting, boring, or maybe BAD :( so, maybe you can comment or give me criticism, that would be nice :) 

The second part of this chapter will be publish as soon as possible. I'm having a writer block right now so, i can't think of any idea. Anyway, sorry for the late greeting, Merry Christmas! And i wish you have a wonderful New Year with your family, friends, and lovers. Loveyouguys<3