CHAPTER EIGHT

Saranghanda, Anhanda

 

 

“Damn it! Where’s the damn cafeteria?! Aigoo…my poor aching stomach…I’m going to die from starvation!” Minsoo ranted loudly, clutching her stomach tightly to suppress her hunger. She walked aimlessly, her mind slowly malfunctioning from the scarcity of nutrients. She didn’t even notice she fell flat on her .

 

 

“Oh! Mianhae! A---Minsoo?” The deep voice immediately sent her back to reality as she snapped her head towards the source.

 

 

“S-Seunghyun?”

 

 

“The one and only.” He smirked like the devil he was. He then shot a surprisingly helping hand at her, which she gladly accepted as he helped her up. “Are you alright?”

 

 

Blood instantly rushed to Minsoo’s pale cheeks. Was her mind messing with her? His voice sounded so heavenly that she couldn’t muster to utter a word. His new personality really amazed her. It was as if aliens had abducted him, and transformed him into a well-mannered gentleman. She couldn’t manage to unclog her voice from so she nodded instead.

 

 

“That’s good. So…where’re you heading to?” he questioned as he shoved his hands inside his pockets.

 

 

“Err…I was looking for the cafeteria…but I got lost.” Embarrassment was written all over her face. An egoist like her would never openly admit her mistake to a co-egoist like Seunghyun. A real woman/ man never ask for directions. That is her principle. Well…was her principle, until now. She didn’t know why but whenever Seunghyun’s around, her heart starts to race and her stomach gets all giddy. Is she starting to have forbidden feelings for him or is it just constipation?

 

 

She was pulled out from her thoughts when a loud chuckle escaped from Seunghyun’s lips. “That’s okay. I’m heading there too. I’m supposed to wait for Jiyong but he’s taking long, and my stomach can’t wait much longer. Wanna join me?”

 

 

She nodded meekly, not wanting to protest.

 

 

They walked quietly along the hallway, which was quite unusual. There was never silence or peace whenever they were together. But now, it’s just too weird. Why it’s weird? It’s because they’re Choi Seunghyun and Lee Minsoo! They never get along. They always act and talk like cavemen, rumble whenever they get a chance to and throw very indecent words at each other. That’s why it’s weird!

 

 

Seeing that they still have a long way to go, Minsoo decided to break the ice and popped a question. “Yah…h-how was practice?”

 

 

“It was like hell! I’ve never been so tired in my entire life! Manager Yang really made us practice nonstop. I’m glad he didn’t stay too long.” Seunghyun groaned as he rubbed his sore shoulders. “Man, I wonder how Jiyong managed it. He was like a dancing machine back there. He kept practicing and practicing and just wouldn’t stop.” He immediately frowned at this, recalling what had happen earlier.

 

 

FLASHBACK:

 

 

“Come on, man. You have to stop. You’re overworking yourself. For ing sake, you’re only hu---”

 

 

“---I know! Look, just wait for me outside, okay? I’ll be done in a minute.” Yelled Jiyong, brows furrowed together.

 

“But---”

 

“---JUSTGO OUT WILL YA!” Seunghyun was taken back. Never did Jiyong speak so coldly at him. He was even more surprised to see a gloomy and impassive feature instead of a jolly and mischievous one.

 

 

He didn’t reply. He walked towards the door glancing back at him then went out.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

“Yah, Seunghyun ah! Earth to Seunghyun! Stop spacing out on me!” Seunghyun shook his head, arriving back to reality. He gazed back at Minsoo as he smiled apologetically.

 

 

“Mianhae.” Temperature rose again on her cheeks. This was getting off hand. Since when did Seunghyun learn to say sorry? Heck, when did he even learn to have manners?

 

 

“I-It’s okay. So, uhhh…is he okay?” she asked in a concerned tone.

 

 

“I hope he is. I just hope he doesn’t do anything stupid.” He heaved in a sigh as he buried himself back on his thoughts.

 

 

Minsoo stared in awe. Though Seunghyun could be such an ill-mannered and uncivilized bastard, he was a compassionate and selfless friend who cares deeply for his loved ones. She too buried herself deeply in her thoughts, Shinhye popping out of her mind. “I wonder how Shinhye’s doing. I hope she’s alright.” She thought worriedly.

 

 

She abruptly left her thoughts as they finally arrived at the cafeteria and lounge area.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

His hand closed automatically around the fake Horcurx, but in spite of everything, in spite of the dark and twisting path he saw stretching ahead for himself, in spite of the final meeting with Voldemort he knew he must come, whether in a month, in a year, or in ten, he felt his heart lift at the thought that there was still one last golden day of peace left to enjoy with Ron and Hermione.

 

 

Shinhye shut the book close, a proud smile gracing her lips. “I did it! I read the whole book for just today! Yey for me! Hmm…I wonder what time is it.” She placed the book on her nightstand as she grabbed her alarm clock. 8:41 pm.Ha! Now that’s what you call making your day productive. She then removed herself from the comfort of bed and headed towards the bathroom for a quick shower.

 

 

After a few minutes, she got dress in her pajamas, and proceeded to blow dry her hair. In the middle of blow drying, her stomach made an audible growl so she decided to head out to the cafeteria.

 

 

She calmly walked on the hallway, enjoying the beat of song played on her iTouch. She snapped her fingers to the rhythm and sang softly. She was so into the music that she didn’t notice the figure rushing towards her, causing her to fall. “Aish…why am I such a klutz this days?

 

 

“Noona! M-Mianhae!” She looked up to see the person who had bumped into her. Panda eyes, dark circles, innocent features. Why, it’s little Seunghyun.

 

 

“It’s okay, maknae. So, what’s the rush? You look like you’ve committed a murder!”

 

 

“Well, uhhh…I’m going on a date with someone and I want to make sure if I look okay. Could you…show me the nearest restroom?” He asked nervously as he fidgeted with his fingers.

 

 

Shinhye giggled lightly at his childishness. “Sure. Come on. So, are you nervous?”

 

 

A blush formed around Seungri’s cheeks as he nodded shyly. Another giggle escaped from Shinhye as they walked in silence.

 

 

“Yah…Shinhye noona, is your fever gone?”

 

 

“Yup. Waeyo?”

 

 

“Good. I guess now’s the perfect time to tell you.”

 

 

Shinhye raised a questioning brow. “To tell me what?”

 

 

“About what really happened 5 years ago between you and Jiyong hyung.” He said, face dead serious.

 

 

“Seungri, I don’t n---”

 

 

“Shinhye noona...jebal. Just listen to me, okay?” He pleaded softly as he gripped her shoulders to keep her in place. “Hyung never cheated on you.”

 

 

She snorted sarcastically. “Yeah right, what do—-”

 

 

“Noona! He never kissed the girl. The girl kissed him! It was all a misunderstanding!”

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Yah, Seunghyun ah…can you answer my question now?” asked Minsoo as she took a bite from her croissant.

 

 

“Huh? What question?” He muttered in between sips of his banana slush.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Seungri, where’s this going? You and I know he was the one who kissed the girl, and enjoyed it! He deliberately did it to---”

 

 

“No he didn’t! He would never do that because he loves you! So much that he’d do anything for you. Do you know why he wanted to meet you at the rooftop?” Shinhye stayed silent, waiting for him to continue.

 

 

“It’s because he wanted to propose to you!”

 

 

Shinhye’s eyes widened as she gasped widely. He wanted to propose to her? If he wanted to propose to her then why was that there?

 

 

Instantly reading her thoughts he replied calmly, “She wasn’t part of hyung’s proposal. He was just preparing for his proposal speech until she came by, and kissed him forcefully then that’s when you arrived. He wanted to explain but you wouldn’t listen. When you left, he kept on searching for you. He never gave up on you because he still loves you!”

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“You know…the question you never answered…the one about Shinhye and Jiyong ssi…”

 

 

Seunghyun stopped slurping his dessert, his eyes resembling a saucer. He looked into her predator-like eyes as he gulped in his saliva.

 

 

“Seunghyun ah, you have to tell me! I’m her best friend too! How would I be able to help her if I don’t even know what’s going on! She won’t tell me and one way or another, you have to tell me. Jebal, Seunghyun ah…” He stared into her now pleading eyes and sighed in defeat.

 

 

She has the right to know.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

She wanted to hit herself with a mace. How could she! She desperately wanted to travel back to the past and correct her mistake. Correct her accusations that all men were alike; bastards and liars. If only anything was possible. But alas, kronus never allowed it to happen because no one should mess with the delicate balance of nature. Why did it have to turn out like this?

 

 

“Noona, if you still love him or even care for him, go after him now. He’s still in the dance studio.” In an instant, Shinhye dashed off; dashed off to where her heart told her to go, leaving the young one alone. Seungri smiled softly, a sense of pride glimmering on his face. “I’m so proud of you, noona…” he glanced at his watch as his smile immediately faded. “Aigoo, I’m late! Aish…noona didn’t tell me where the nearest restroom was! Oh…I-I think I’m not going to make it!” he yelled frantically as he held his crotch area for dear life.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

. . . ! Aish…why am I such a babo? God damn it! Okay…calm down, Shinhye. All you have to do is straighten things up.”  After nearly searching every crevice of each floor, she finally reached the dance studio. She nervously grabbed the door knob, heaving in a deep sigh as she finally turned it sideways and silently went inside.

 

 

“…Jiyong ssi…!” Her voice echoed throughout the room, vibrating into Jiyong’s perk ears.