CHAPTER SEVEN

Saranghanda, Anhanda

 

 

“Umma, help! Somebody help me! Anyone, please!” a little a girl cried as the boy hovering over her gave a psychotic and sadistic laugh.

 

 

“Your pitiful pleas are useless. No one will ever save you!” the little girl screamed in pain as she received the most painful punishment anyone could ever imagine.

 

 

“Aniyo!” Shinhye yelled out loud as she sat up abruptly. She took in her surroundings, and gave a sigh of relief. It was just a nightmare. No, it was a horrible memory that keeps on haunting her. She wiped the beads of sweat that cascaded from her forehead as she started to get out of bed. Before her feet could even touch the ground, she was pushed back on her bed.

 

 

“And where do you think you’re going? You’re still weak!” Her eyes widened as she grimaced at the sight of her ill-tempered friend. Did a typhoon honor her with an unwanted visit and transformed her into something so unimaginable? Dark bags hanged below her eyes, her hair appeared to have been blown by a hurricane, and her lips were so pale that it could be compared to a polar bear’s fur. What the hell happened to her?

 

 

She was pulled out from her thoughts when Minsoo’s hand was pressed against her forehead. The frown on her face was replaced by a cheerful grin. “Yatta...you’re fever’s finally gone!”

 

 

Shinhye gave her a confused look. “Fever? What fever?”

 

 

“Huh, you don’t remember? You were burning hot when we found you on the rooftop. Are you sure you don’t remember anything?” Shinhye scratched her head as she tried to recall the event.

 

 

“Hmmm…the last thing I remember was I was sitting on the corner of the rooftop and then everything became a blur.”

 

 

“She must have cried a lot there. What’s really going on? Why does she seem to be so furious with Jiyong ssi? Aish…I can’t believe that god damn flagpole didn’t tell me! Aigoo, Shinhye ah…why aren’t you telling me anything?” Minsoo thought sadly as she watched her friend rub her tear-stained cheeks. She abolished all of her thoughts as she put on a happy smile. “Yah, are you hungry?” Shinhye didn’t need to reply. Her stomach replied for her. Minsoo giggled as a pink tinge appeared on Shinhye’s cheeks. “Hehehe…I see. I’ll go check on Seunghyun. He’s cooking breakfast for today.”

 

 

Shinhye raised both of her eyebrows as she stared in amazement. Was she hearing things right? Did Minsoo just call Seunghyun in a non-malicious manner? Woah, did the world turn upside down or what?

 

 

“Did you just call Seunghyun oppa ‘Seunghyun’?”

 

 

Minsoo flushed in a dark shade of pink as she whipped her head to the side. “Uhh…well…I’ll go check on him now.” Shinhye laughed at her best friend’s change of subject as she went to the kitchen.

 

 

“Yah, Seunghyun, are you done or w—” Minsoo’s eyes immediately bulged out as she gawked at the scene before her.

 

 

There stood Seunghyun in a pink apron, his back facing her. The apron was bearable but what really caught her attention was his…dancing. Even if he was part of a popular boy band, she knew very well that dancing was still his mortal enemy. And what really disturbed her was the fact that he was actually dancing, and singing to the rhythmic beat that was played on the stereo.

 

 

“Cuz i can't stop thinking about you girl

nor naegoro mandurgoya~

no i can't stop thinking about you girl

nae uri ane gadu goshipo”Minsoo held her laughter, as she continued to watch the show.

 

 

“Poyahdon oyubichpibu ginmori guthe nama ibnun hyangiwa

naju maghan mogsorido nar gonggyeok hani narigirsun obso

noege boyajun maejig bargan jangmisoge somgyeojun banjirur jorge

gujuini niga dwige haejurtheni

cuz i cant stop thinking about you girl

nowa hamke ibgo shipo~

no i cant stop thinking about you girl

nar yogi dugo goborijima

cuz i cant stop thinking about you girl nor naegoro mandurgoya a~

no i cant stop thinking about you girl

nae uri ane gadugo shipo”She couldn’t take it anymore. She removed the hand on as she let out her bottled laughter.

 

 

Seunghyun on the other hand froze. He whirled around as he stop dead on his tracks. Minsoo was on the floor, pounding the poor thing as she laughed her off. A blush crept on his pale cheeks as he shut the volume of the stereo and recomposed himself.

 

 

“Yah, what the hell are you doing here?!”

 

 

“Omo…*giggle* did you just *giggle* d-dance? I never thought that I’d see the day that you would actually dance, and in a pink apron no less!” Minsoo continued to laugh loudly, arising the temperature in Seunghyun’s cheeks.

 

 

“Shikkeureo! Aish…what the hell do you want, shrimp?!” Minsoo slowly calmed herself as her laughter died down.

 

 

“Shinhye’s fever’s gone and---”

 

 

“---really? That’s good to hea—”

 

 

“—let me finish will ya! She’s finally awake!”

 

 

“I see. So, what the hell are you doing here for?” Minsoo sighed inwardly. Sometimes she felt like Seunghyun has a low mental age.

 

 

“Babo! In case you’ve forgotten, you are the one who was supposed to cook her breakfast.”

 

 

Seunghyun blinked a few times as realization finally dawned over him.

 

 

“Oh yeah!” Minsoo rolled her eyes at his sluggishness. “I have it right here. You go and tell her that breakfast is ready, and will be served in a few minutes.”

 

 

“Hmm…okay.” Minsoo turned her heels, mumbling a very audible tune as she headed towards Shinhye’s bedroom. “Cuz I can’t stop thinking about you girl…”

 

 

“Yah!” Seunghyun yelled as he threw a towel at her but missed her by an inch. “Aish…women. They always find eavesdropping a great hobby.” He muttered sarcastically as he proceeded to transfer the hot porridge into a medium sized bowl.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Dongsaeng! Breakfast is served!” Seunghyun announced happily as he sat on her bed.

 

 

“Finally! What took you so long?! Were you so caught up on you’re dancing? What was that again? No, I can’t stop thinking about girl?” Minsoo wanted to say it out loudly but something held her back. She didn’t know why. She was usually the apple of discord but now, she just kept shut. Instead of replying something cocky, a pleasant reply came from her lips. “That’s great! Shinhye, breakfast is here.” Minsoo motioned for the bowl but Seunghyun didn’t give it to her.

 

 

“I’ll take it from here.” He smiled

 

 

“B-B-But…”

 

 

“No buts! I’ll be the one to feed her. Now, go take a break. I can see you really need it.”

 

 

“Hmph! Araso…” Minsoo pouted as Seunghyun chuckled.

 

 

Wow, this must be some illusion. They were conversing in a civilized manner! Random objects weren’t thrown around. Their voices were in a minimum level and top that, their faces were graced with a smile.

 

 

“Okay, who are you two and what did you do to the real Seunghyun and Minsoo?”

 

 

Both of them started to laugh, causing more confusion on Shinhye’s baffled brain.

 

 

“It’s still us, babo! You’re just not used to seeing us get along.”

 

 

“I know.” That was all Shinhye could say. She must say it was really shocking to finally see them get along. Maybe she was mistaken after all. People like them can also change for the better. She smiled widely. Both of them finally matured.

 

 

“Yah, you did that on purpose!” hissed Minsoo as she punched Seunghyun on the shoulder.

 

“I did not! Aish…I told you it was hot but nooo…you wouldn’t listen!” retorted Seunghyun.

 

 

Shinhye’s sweat dropped. Now, this was the Seunghyun and Minsoo she knew and loved.

 

 

“Okay, okay. Break it up you two!” They gave each other one last glare as they focused their attention back to Shinhye.

 

 

"Mianhae, dongsaeng. Here.” Shinhye reached for the spoon but Seunghyun slapped her hands away. “And what do you think you’re doing? I’ll be the one to feed you.”

 

 

“Oppa! You don’t need to hmpfff…” Seunghyun softly pressed his index finger on Shinhye’s lips to prevent her from saying anything else.

 

 

“Of course I need too! You’re not strong enough to feed yourself. What if you spill the porridge on your lap and you’ll get a 3rd degree burn? What if you held a spoonful of porridge in front of your mouth and then a strong wind suddenly barges in here and the porridge hits your eyes and you’ll become blind? What if---”

 

 

“Yah! I get it already! Sheesh…but just this once. If you ever do this to me again, I’m gonna rip that cheekbone of yours!”

 

 

“Araso, araso. Now…here comes the train! Chuchu!” Shinhye paled at the sight of Seunghyun’s face contorted in a large grin, and his kiddy mode. What made it worse was his chibi voice. It was not fit for someone who appeared to be taking over property. Ugh…he was so not fit to be a mother, father, whatever. He would just kill his children with his terrorist characteristics!

 

 

To Minsoo, this was a classic. If only she had her camera with her right now, this would have been posted online.

 

 

“Seunghyun oppa!” protested Shinhye as she blocked the spoon from .

 

 

“Mwo? I’m just trying to feed you! Is that so wrong?” Shinhye rolled her eyes. Seunghyun could be such a drama queen!

 

 

“Aish…could you not do the train thing? It’s really disturbing. I mean really, really disturbing especially your facial expressions.”

 

 

“Aish. Araso.” He pouted innocently as he once again filled the spoon with the hot white substance. “Here comes---”

 

 

“Oppa!”

 

 

“I’m just kidding! Sheesh…” He held the spoon in front of as she gladly accepted it. “So…how is it? Awful, despicable…?”

 

 

Shinhye munched the contents inside as she swallowed it smoothly. “It’s delicious. Kamsamhamnidda, Seunghyun oppa.” She smiled sincerely.

 

 

“Anything for my dongsaeng.” He smiled back as he fed her again.

 

 

Cuz I can't stop~No I can't stop~

norur choum boge dwisso nor wonhaji anhgo gyeondirsuga issurka

gurohge chyoda bojima nowaui geimun ajig shijag anhassol

naegeso taro choumurbwa noei isanghyang chajabwa jortheni

gu namjaga naega dwige haejurtheni

cuz i can't stop thinking about you girl

nor naegoro mandurgoya~

 

 

Minsoo’s laughter immediately echoed as Seunghyun’s cell phone rang. Seunghyun glared intently at her, regretting his choice of ring tone. He placed the bowl on her nightstand as he took out his cell phone and answered it.

 

 

“Ye, Yeoboseyo? Ah Ye, Ye. I’m on my way. Ye. Annyeong…” He hurriedly ended the call as went inside the bathroom and freshened himself up. He then searched for his jacket and personal belongings franticly.

 

 

“Yah, what’s the rush?” questioned Minsoo who seemed quite intrigue with his new found behavior.

 

 

“I have to go. We’re going to have an important rehearsal today with Manager Yang.” As he finished beautifying (lolz) himself, he went near Shinhye, an apologetic smile gracing his lips. “Shinhye ah…mianhae. I’ll be back later. Have good rest, okay?” Shinhye nodded as Seunghyun hugged her lightly. He averted his gaze to Minsoo, who was staring blankly at the wall. “Minsoo ah…” Minsoo whirled her head to his direction, her perfectly-shaped eyebrow raised gracefully. “See ya.” He smirked as he went out the room.

 

 

Shinhye stretched her arms and legs as she let out a yawn. “Yah, Minsoo ah…how long have I been asleep?”

 

 

“Hmm…about 8 days…”

 

 

“BWO?!” Her eyes widened. 8 days?! She was unconscious for that long? So that means, she also hasn’t eaten, drank or even taken a shower for 8 long days? “Wait…if I was unconscious for 8 days, oh no! Did Kitagawa-san—”

 

 

“Yup. He knows. He said you can have 2 weeks off, since you still need to recover.”

 

 

“Oh…but if you and Seunghyun oppa were here then where did the rest of them sleep?”

 

“Oh you mean Jiy---them. Eunki let them sleep over at our suite since they didn’t want to bother you while you’re still recovering.” Minsoo mentally slapped herself. She almost mentioned he-who-must-not-be-named’s name! Damn it…good thing she didn’t let everything slip from .

 

 

“Oh…I see…” She muttered lightly.

 

 

Silence filled the room again.

 

 

“Yah, Shinhye ah…” Minsoo broke the silence as she began to speak her thoughts. “…can I ask you something…personal?”

 

Shinhye paused as she looked at her friend. “Uhh…how personal do you mean?”

 

 

“Really, really personal.”

 

 

“Well, uhh…sure. You’re one of my best friends and I trust you.”

 

 

Minsoo smiled cheekily but frowned when she started her question.

“What’s goin---We’ll carry on, we’ll carry on. And thou---Yeoboseyo? Ah, Eunki! Mwo?! Aish…arasp, araso.”

 

 

“I though you hated rock music?” Shinhye said sarcastically, an all-knowing smirk appearing on her features.

 

 

A blush crept on Minsoo’s cheeks as she rubbed off her embarrassment. “Well, it’s your fault! Your likes kind of grew on me.” She huffed as Shinhye laughed. “Anyway, I have to go. I don’t want to but I have to. Kitagawa ahjussi called Eunki and I for a meeting.”

 

 

Shinhye immediately frowned. She hated it when she was left alone inside her room, sick in bed. She’s going to die from extreme boredom. What the hell was she going to do?

 

“I see…how long is the meeting?”

 

 

“That I don’t know.” She uplifted her smile as she ruffled Shinhye’s hair. “Don’t worry, Shinhye ah. I’ll be back eventually. There’s a lot of stuff you can do while we’re gone.”

 

 

“Yeah, like what? Count flies?”Shinhye retorted incoherently in her mind.

 

 

“Well, I better go now. Take good care of yourself, Shinhye.”

 

 

“Yah, I’m not a kid you know!” Minsoo chuckled as she gave Shinhye a hug goodbye. “Au revoir, Shinhye!” She bid farewell as she gathered her things and went out the door.

 

 

Shinhye sighed as sulked further on her bed. She notched her head to her wall clock, disappointment slowly filling her. 9:35am. What was she going to do for the rest of the day?

 

 

Instead of thinking like a pessimist, she rose from her bed as she scanned her room for possible activities she could do. “Hmm…watch a movie…no…checkers…hmm...nah…solve a math problem…HELL NO!” She had practically searched every crevice of her room and still she couldn’t find anything to fill her boredom. Frustrated she slump herself on the wall as she violently kicked the nearest object, which was her half-empty bookshelf. Its contents began to spill; the largest object happened to fall on Shinhye’s battered head.

 

 

“Damn it! I swear, I—hey! My Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince book! I thought I lost this book a month ago. Hmmm…let’s see what page am I…” Her eyes widened like saucers as she loudly exclaimed, “Page 5?!” Sigh. Even if she was known to have a great for reading and collecting books, she was also known to procrastinate and take more than 3 weeks to finish reading a whole book. She had an urge to procrastinate and read the book later but time changed her decision. “Well…it’s not like I have anything better to do.” She grumbled as she sat back on the floor and began to read the 1st chapter.

 

-----------------------

LOL~I made TOP a fanboy of Super Junior keke