CHAPTER THREE

Saranghanda, Anhanda

 

“Toma-kun! Give it back to me, now!!!”

 

 

“I-i-e! You’ll have to catch me first, Shin-chan!” He stuck his tongue out teasingly and ran in full speed.

 

 

“Aigoo…you’re dead, Toma-kun!!!”

 

 

5 years had passed since she left Korea. Now residing in Japan, Kim Shinhye had bloomed into a beautiful 22 year old woman. Though her dream was to become a world famous violinist, she gave it up and auditioned for Johnny’s entertainment instead.

 

 

As a trainee, she had to work her sweat out to become what she aimed to be. Eventually, her hard work all paid off. She gained popularity all over Asia both as a singer and an actress. Though her Japanese accent was lousy, fans adored her more for that. They find her Korean essence quite amusing.

 

 

She had finally forgotten the past. She had finally given herself a chance to be happy.

 

 

“Come on! Just let me read what he sent you…Shinhye ah Ho—“

 

 

“Aish, give me that!”

 

 

She was so caught up with her rage that she didn’t even notice she had bumped into someone.

 

 

“Yo, Shin-chan!” Shinhye stopped dead in her tracks as she whirled around.

 

 

“Eh, Nino-kun? Oh! Gomen ne! I didn’t notice you back there.” She apologized.

 

 

He smiled. “Daijobou ne.”

 

 

God, any girl would die to see Arashi’s 2nd Heartthrob, Ninomiya Kazunari smile. Whenever he graced his lips with a pleasant smile, girls would feel a mixture of cloud nine and euphoria. It was like heaven. Every woman in the whole world would say that, except for Kim Shinhye.

 

 

Ninomiya Kazunari was the 1st boy in Japanwho had caught the heart of the renowned ice queen. Though Ikuta Toma was her 1st guy friend and was always there for her, Nino was the center of her heart. She really liked him a lot, but that was before. She got over him when she found out he already has a special someone in mind.

 

 

“Well…uhhh…I better be going. Matta ne, Nino-kun! Ja!” They said their goodbyes as she went to find Toma.

 

 

After searching for him for nearly an hour, she finally found him.

 

 

“Yah, give it back, Toma-kun!” She lunged at him, causing him to stumble and fall on his .

 

 

“Oi! Get off me, Shin-chan! Sheesh, you’re not actually the lightest person in the world.” He muttered as he glared playfully at her.

 

 

“Just give me my phone.” He innocently returned her cell phone, trying his best not to muffle a giggle but failed. She quirked a brow at him, “You’ve read all my messages, haven’t you?!” She asked accusingly, her eyes narrowing dangerously at him.

 

He gulped. He didn’t like to see her bring hell. Oh, nobody liked to see her rage rise from the surfaces of the underworld.

 

 

“Did you?!” Her eyes blazed in fury as she asked him again.

 

 

Before he could answer, his prayers were answered. God sent an angel to save him.

 

 

“Ah, Shin-chan! I finally found you! –Eh? Toma-kun?” Toma waved innocently at the short haired girl as he sighed in relief.

 

 

“Maki-chan! You don’t know how glad I am to see you!” He hid behind her back, and wrapped his arms around her petite form securely. To no avail, she ignored him and turned her attention to the Korean girl.

 

 

“Shin-chan, Kitagawa-san wants to see you right now.”

 

 

“Souka…about what?” she shrugged her shoulders.

 

 

“Shirimasen But he did say something about some boy band.”

 

 

“Wakatta. I’ll go then.” She shot a final glare at Toma, and waved goodbye to Maki.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“A korean boy band?”

 

 

“Hai. They’re going to have their concert, and as well as their vacation here in Japan. I want you to be with them, and make them feel welcome. You’ll have to handle this responsibility on your own and since this task isn’t new to you, I’m sure you’ll do great and get along with them.” Kitagawa-san said as he handed her a copy of the band’s album.

 

 

“Big Bang? What kind of moron would name their group after a scientific theory?” She sniggered at her own remark.

 

 

“I expect you to treat them nicely, Kim-san especially that they are from your birthplace.” He spoke in a firm voice. “Oh, and before I forget, please report to my office before 7:00 am. Do you have other questions?”

 

 

“Umm…ye…anou…can I borrow their album?”

 

 

He nodded. “Well, if you don’t have any other questions, you may leave my office.”

 

 

She silently rose from her seat, gave a polite bow to Kitagawa-san, then left.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

THIS LOVE DAH SHEEN SARANG DDAH WEEN

HAH JEE AH NAH MOO NAH YAH WEEN

NAE MOH SEUB EUL BAH RAHBOHNEE

WAE EE REE BAH BOHGAH TEUN JEE

 

 

THIS LOVE EE MEE DOUH NAH BUH REEN

JAHP GEE YEH NEUN SAHRAHJYUH BEH REEN

DOHL AH OH JEE DOH AH NEUL SAHRAHM AH

MUHL LEEMUHL LEENAHL GAH JUH GOO

REUM DWEE ROH

 

 

“Why does that voice sound so familiar?”  Shinhye pondered as she pressed the replay the button on her iTunes library. “I know I’ve heard that voice before but I just can’t put my finger on it…hmmm…I must be hearing things. Maybe a goodnight sleep is all I need.” She turned her laptop off and plopped herself on her bed.

 

She buried her head on her pillow, allowing her eyes to shut and take her to dreamland.