CHAPTER FIVE

Saranghanda, Anhanda

 

 

“Okay, let’s take a break people!”

 

 

The 5 boys relaxed as they went out of the set, and proceeded to attack the refreshment tables.

 

 

“That was great, Minsoo. You never ceased to amaze me.” Eunki praised the photography prodigy.

 

 

“Komawo, Eunki! I could never do it without you.” She grinned widely as she looked through the photos she had taken earlier. As she rummaged through her photos, there was one photo that really caught her attention. “Yah, Eunki. Look at this.” Eunki took the camera from the puzzled girl’s hands as she observed the photo.

 

 

“What’s wrong with it? The contrasting looks fine to me.” Minsoo slapped her hand on her forehead at Eunki’s blank reply.

 

 

“Not the contrast, babo! That one!” she zoomed the photo to the figure that caused her puzzlement.

 

 

Eunki squinted her eyes as she observed it again. “Hmm…isn’t that Jiyong ssi. It looks like his eyes aren’t focus on the camera.”

 

 

Minsoo raised a dainty eyebrow, rubbing her chin in curiosity. “It looks like he’s staring at something else.”

 

 

She zoom the photo further until she found the source of his lack of attentiveness. Short auburn hair, cold raven orbs, pale skin, boyish attire, unladylike sitting position. Wasn’t that…

 

 

“Shinhye? Why’s he staring at Shinhye?” Eunki merely shrugged.

 

 

Minsoo was about to continue with her hypothesis when a loud and sharp smack was heard.

 

 

They whirled their heads to the direction where the sound came from, a gasp escaped their lips upon seeing the scene.

 

 

There stood Jiyong and Shinhye. A very visible hand mark was imprinted on Jiyong’s left cheek. Tears had also cascaded from his almond pools. Shinhye on the other hand had an expressionless mask on. Even though she had a blank expression on her face, her eyes told the truth behind the wall.

 

 

“Shinhye ah…kajima…I—“

 

 

“---Shut up! Leave me alone, Jiyong…I don’t need to hear whatever you have to say. J-Just go away…”

 

 

Jiyong has always been as stubborn as he was before. He never really knows when to give up. Even though how hurt he is, he still doesn’t throw the towel in.

 

 

Like the stubborn mule he was, he pulled Shinhye in a warm embrace, not caring how she would react, as long as he would be able to pour out all his emotions through a simple hug.

 

 

Being in his arms, Shinhye wanted to open up; melt the ice within her and reveal every bit of emotion she had felt through the years. She wanted to stay in his arms while he whispered soothing words to her like they used to do. She wanted to have the heart to forgive him but she couldn’t. She could never forgive him. The pain was too unbearable. Seeing his face made it even harder for her.

 

She pried his hands off her body, and pushed him away from her. She immediately ran out of the studio, not wanting to see nor hear anything that has to do with him.

 

 

“Shinhye ah…” Minsoo muttered as she hurriedly ran towards the door but was stopped by Seunghyun.

 

 

“Don’t. I’ll go after her.”

 

 

“Mwo?! No Way! I’m her best friend! I should go after her!” Minsoo retorted as she pushed Seunghyun aside.

 

 

You’re her best friend? Yeah right! Get your mind straight will ya, jjalbeun. The title of best friend happens to be mine and mine only!” Seunghyun fired back, arousing another mishap.

 

 

“Why you son of a---”

 

 

“---Minsoo! Seunghyun! Would you two just drop it! There’s no time for bickering. Why don’t both of you go find Shinhye, and we’ll take care of Jiyong ssi here.” Both immediately dropped their argument as they listened to Eunki and went to find Shinhye.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Shinhye ran aimlessly along the hallway until she reached her most sacred place: the rooftop. It was the only place wherein she let out her deepest thoughts, screamed her anger out and the place where she could feel serene.

 

 

“Jiyong babo…I hate you!” she screamed her lungs out as she harshly wiped her tears away. “I…hate you…” She let the tears fall freely from her eyes, clenching her heat in agony as she lay on the floor. Her heart just couldn’t take it anymore. Seeing his face again brought back those awful memories she had went through courtesy of nostalgia express. She just wants to forget those heart wrenching moments and move on. But how could she move on if her heart still lives in the wretched past?

 

 

She sobbed silently as her eye lids slowly dropped and took her to dreamland, not noticing the dark, heavy and stratus cloud hovering over the city.