CHAPTER ONE

Saranghanda, Anhanda

 

 

“…mianhae…”

 

*SLAP!!*

 

 

The boy held his swollen cheek as the girl who had slapped him began to leave. He attempted to grab her hand and explain everything but she only threw a hard punch on his jaw, knocking him off guard.

 

 

“Shinhye ah…” he muttered, cringing in pain at each word.

 

 

His eyes widened as he saw the love of his life…crying.

 

 

Her eyes remained firm but there was no doubt that tears were falling endlessly from her cold onyx rims. Her fists were clenched so tightly that it began to loose its color.

 

 

How dare he do this to her!

 

 

“How stupid of me to trust men; I can’t believe I actually gave him a chance! At least I’ve learned my lesson now. Men are just ist, narcissistic, egoistic bastards!”  Her eyes shifted to the wench in disguise who was caressing the said boy’s cheek.

 

 

Earlier before this incident had happened, Shinhye was about to thank her boyfriend for the ring he had given her for her 17th birthday but instead of being overwhelmed with joy, she was greeted by a tingly feeling of shock, anger and pain. She had witnessed the most heart-wrenching scene she had ever seen. She had caught her boyfriend lip-locking with one of her ty classmates.

 

 

She forcefully erased the painful and disturbing scene from her mind as she wiped the crystalline tears away.

 

 

He doesn’t deserve her tears. He never deserved her love in the first place.

 

 

“Shinhye ah…it’s not what you thi---“

 

 

“---STOP! I’ve heard enough, Jiyong ssi.” She began to walk away but he instantly went to her and wrapped his arms around her like there was no tomorrow. “Let go of me!”

 

 

The more she struggled, the tighter he held her. Tears had also started to fall from his chocolate brown orbs.

 

 

“Shinhye ah…saranghaeyo! Only you and no one else…” True. He did love her more than anything else in the world but these words were just bull to Shinhye.

 

 

She suddenly stopped struggling, her face dead panned emotionless. She soon laughed bitterly and loudly, venom dripping at every laugh she produced causing Jiyong to wince at her scornful laughter.

 

 

“You actually humor me, Jiyong ssi. Do you actually think I’m going to believe the crap you’re telling me?! I can’t believe I trusted you!” She freed herself from his grasp and made her way to the stairs.

 

 

Even from the painful blows he had just received earlier, he forced himself to jog towards her and cease her departure.

 

He abruptly spun her around and though his pride was at stake, he didn’t care anymore. He knelt down before her.

 

 

“Shinhye ah…p-please…I-I-I—“

 

 

“—Jiyong ssi…“ She bended her knees to meet his eye level as he rose his head to meet hers “…I hate you.”

 

 

His heart shattered into a million pieces. He didn’t go after her. His heart was already aching and bleeding badly. His body stood paralyzed while his eyes watched the only woman he had ever loved so much, walk out of his life…forever.

 

 

-----------------------

annyeong~comments pls ><