GETTING TO KNOW ALL ABOUT YOU...

COFFEE, TEA OR ME?

Changmin arrived in their ancestral house, once he finished unpacking, he went straight for the lake behind their house.

CHANGMIN: “Ahhh… I missed you (referring to the place), brings back some memories! I’m here for a reunion, I wonder how the hyungs are doing at the café… I’ll call them later, it’s good not being the maknae around here… hehehe…"

[Then out of nowhere someone jumped up on Changmin’s back, catching him by surprise]

MINJI: Hey you!

CHANGMIN: Yah! Are you planning in giving me a heart attack?

[he then turned around knowing it was Minji, but he was shocked at how different she looked]

CHANGMIN: “I thought I was the one who is going to surprise her… she has really changed over the 2 years… she’s not a little kid anymore… she’s grown… she’s pretty… as always… and she has taken my breath away”

[Changmin tried to concentrate and irritate Minji a little]

CHANGMIN: excuse me… who are you? (trying very hard to hide his smirk)

MINJI (pouting): OPPA! You’ve grown taller again! I look like a dwarf beside you! ( Changmin gave her a hug)

CHANGMIN: how have you been? (he let go of her and sat down patting the space beside him, asking her to sit beside him)

MINJI: just graduated from high school… OPPA guess what?! I got accepted at the University of ARTS as a scholar… I don’t know who or what or how I got in… all I did was give an application form… no audition no appearances… then yesterday I got a letter telling me I got in already!

CHANGMIN: that’s good news! Didn’t know there are dance schools around here!

MINJI: not here oppa! In the city… I think it’s near your coffee shop or so I’ve heard… a scholarship!? Can you believe that?

CHANGMIN: yeah they gave you a scholarship… you who is clumsy and shy ahihihihi… who would’ve thought that twirling and twirling you did when we were young would get you in? (teasing Minji)

MINJI: are you trying to annoy me?!! ( being playful that she is… she pushed Changmin off the bench as he landed on the water… soaking wet)

CHANGMIN: Minji! You better start running… if you value your life!

[He immediately got out of the water soaking wet, with long strides he caught up with Minji as he gave her a bear hug making her wet too… he carried her bridal style… and made one mistake… he looked into her eyes… heart beat becomes faster… even though it was windy it felt warmer… hotter… two of them blushing… the trance was broken off when Changmin’s mom called out the two of them…]

MOM: Min and Minji! Get inside and dry yourselves! You might catch a cold!

CHANGMIN: Ah… yeh… (he then put Minji down and gestured her to get inside)

MINJI: it’s nice to see you again OPPA! I have to go home! See you tomorrow!

[she waved goodbye walking across the lawn, and into the house next to Changmin’s)

CHANGMIN: see you tomorrow MINJI! (he then walked back inside the house and…) AHHHHCHOOOO!

MOM: go upstairs and get changed! You two never change! (referring to the playfulness of Min and Minji)

THE NEXT DAY…

@ the Café

Yunho and Jaejoong were on duty for opening the café, while Junsu and Yoochun were left to clean the dishes and wash their clothes.

YUNHO: Don’t forget…. Dara is going to help out today… to make up for Changmin’s absence!

JAE: somehow I prefer to be tortured by Min than work with DARA! AISH! That woman! Ah! Which reminds me… the placard! Did someone answer already?

[Jae then ran immediately to the FREEDOM WALL, searching for anyone who answered his query about the translation…]

MAHAL KONG DARA ~~~ MY LOVELY DARA

SIYA ‘YUN! ~~~ THIS IS HIM!

GWAPO ‘NO? ~~~ ISN’T HE HANDSOME?

[Jae blushed after understanding what it meant, realizing that he was holding the placard so high up for everyone who understands it to see…]

JAE: Ahhhhh…. MAMA! Why the humiliation!? I’ve embarrassed myself in front of her already… what’s next?!

[Jae slumped himself on the counter as Yunho went and read the translation]

DARA: How about you, teaching me the ropes around here… so that I can help around here! Sunbae-nim.

[Dara stated popping out of nowhere… scaring the lights out of Jae]

JAE: Sunbae?!

[He wondered why… but then he thought that he has much experience with the coffee shop than her]

JAE: Right! I am a Sunbae! Hahaha! Jaejoong-sunbae! Nyahahahaha! I like that (laughing proudly with his hands on his waist)

YUNHO(in a mocking tone): YAH! Jaejoong-sunbae, how about start cleaning the counters and prepping before we open?! (trying very hard not to laugh as Jae turned red again from embarrassment)

DARA: what can I help with? (she entered the counter and was tying her hair into a ponytail looking at Jae)

YUNHO: Help Jae and bring his sanity back so that we can open the shop already!

JAE: yah! Who’s insane?! Fine… fine… Dara over here… I’ll show you where the ingredients are (he motioned for Dara to follow him, which she happily obliged to do so)

DARA(teasing manner): yeh sunbae… Jaejoong-sunbae.

@ the House…

JUNSU: I’m finished washing the dishes… are you finished washing your clothes?

YOOCHUN: yup, I’m just gonna hang them!

JUNSU: I’ll help you ( he then grabbed a shirt and started hanging it on the clothes line)

YOOCHUN: Su… have you ever been broken hearted?

JUNSU: yeah… many times… over a lot of things… but that was a long time ago… what’s this about?

YOOCHUN: just thinking I guess…

JUNSU: is this about the letter on the wall… you’ve got to open your eyes for that LOVE… you’ll never know if it’s staring you in the face!

YOOCHUN: look who’s talking!? You ignored the woman who bought the cookie and sandwich yesterday… you’re not the one who is opening your eyes!

JUNSU: who? Ri In? It’s not me that she likes… she handed me this note to give to you today… it’s YOU that she likes… (hands Yoochun the piece of paper, with his name on it) YOU are the one who is not opening his eyes, duh!

[Yoochun then opened the letter in front of Junsu, reading it secretly, he smirked then walked away as he finished hanging his clothes.]

YOOCHUN: are you coming or not?

[Referring to Junsu who was clueless as to why Yoochun reacted that way.]

JUNSU(nodded in agreement): “What’s the letter about? Doesn’t look like a love letter to me… anyways… never mind!”

@ Changmin’s house- Garden… Buffet Table

MINJI(teasing mode): Yah oppa! You’re not the only one who’s going to eat! Save some for the others!

[Changmin’s plate was full of mountain of food…]

CHANGMIN: there’s still lots of food left… see? And besides I’m a growing boy!

MINJI: you still haven’t changed… food hog!

[She followed Changmin and sat beside him at the table]

CHANGMIN: and since I’m a good oppa, here have some of these… they are really good… it’s my 5th time to get it… eat up, you’re so thin! How will you dance if you don’t have energy!?

[Changmin placed some food from his plate to hers as they comfortably ate together… still playing as their elbows bumped each other while eating…]

After eating the two went to their usual spot near the lake, the two sat on the bench where they usually sit and chat while looking at the lake…

CHANGMIN: it really has been awhile! (while rubbing his tummy)

MINJI: AISH! So disgusting! You still haven’t changed! You are still the oppa I know…

After a while, the aunts and uncles of Changmin were chanting out Minji’s name, requesting her to dance… Changmin’s mom then fetched Minji holding her hand as she led Minji to where the aunts and uncles are as Changmin trailed behind

CHANGMIN: “Why are they calling out her name? Is she really that good?!"

MINJI: I guess I have no choice but to give them what they want… (looking at Changmin as his mom led her to the middle of the crowd)

Changmin followed her and was stunned, he was pinned to the ground where he was standing when Minji began to dance to an instrumental. It was like watching the sea dance with the wind, flowing and graceful. He can’t believe that this was the same girl he met when he saw a girl crying because her balloon flew to the sky.

He realized she’s not a kid anymore… they are no longer kids… she’s slowly turning into a beautiful and graceful woman.

Right after the dance, Minji walked up to him leaned on her toes and said…

MINJI: HAPPY BIRTHDAY OPPA! ( kisses him on the cheek!) I bet you forgot about your own birthday… that is so like you oppa!

[Then she made the boldest move… placed her arms around Changmin’s neck and kissed him on the lips… short but sweet]

MINJI: Happy Birthday oppa! (she smiled and walked away)

[Changmin was left there dumfounded and still shocked that she kissed him!]

MINJI: “Walk… walk… faster… breathe Minji… breathe… what came over me… the kiss on the cheek was expected but ON THE LIPS… no! no! no! Why does it seem like my house is so far away… ugh… please don’t go after me… please!”

@ the Café

While Yunho enjoyed watching how Jae shows Dara everything in the counter, he saw Yoochun and Junsu enter the café, Junsu looked troubled as he went to his station while Yoochun looked so eagerly as headed over the FREEDOM WALL, scanning the posts.

I wonder about the differences
In the way we talk
We’ve known each other for over 6 years
Yet we still talk like just good acquaintances

But though she’s only known you for just over a year
She talks to you like you’re best friends
You and I, I guess that’s all that we were
Seemingly close yet a little distant

I wanted to make that gap closer
But I guess I just didn’t have enough courage
I read this in a poetry book that I bought a while ago…
“if sadness cascades into your life, 

shakes your heart and sweeps away your most precious thing,

then say this to your heart… this too… shall pass.”

My heart tell me now that it is sad
But this sadness will pass in time too, will it not?
Even the memories of my love for you
Will pass too, will it not?

I just, I really hope that you will be happy
So today, for the last time
I want to say this to you
I LOVE YOU…

===
==
=
=
=
P.S.
MICKY,
Thanks for the coffee *sips the coffee ~d… tastes good!
I’m feeling good already… thank you :D

U N I

Yoochun was happy that somehow she got to read the message and made her a bit happy. He wrote back on the post and went to work all smiles. But what greeted him was the non stop bickering of Jaejoong and Dara.

YUNHO: if I were you, I wouldn’t dare go in there… you’re just going to cross border lines!

[Yunho warned Yoochun who was about to enter and decided otherwise and joined Junsu in whatever he was doing]

DARA: why use this mug when you can use this one… it’s cuter!

JAE: AISH! What did they teach you at that European school? Stop questioning and just listen… this maybe cute but this is an espresso cup… made to be drank in one shot! (explaining the significance of a small cup and its importance to Dara)

DARA: okay fine… point taken! (“Nana taught him really well… he’s good, he knows his way around coffee and knows a lot about it… I guess Nana was right about him…”)

JAE: really? You’re not going to argue with me on this one? That’s a first then!

Then a customer in an office uniform went inside, immediately headed for the pastry section, when she didn’t find what she was looking for she headed for the coffee counter.

JAE: good afternoon! What will you be having this time?

RI IN: tall, brewed coffee, to go please.

JAE: your name please…

RI IN: Ri In…

At the mention of her name, Junsu looked up, he smiled at her and mouthed to her that he already gave the letter to Yoochun. Junsu looked at Yoochun who was busy mixing the batter Junsu made. Ri In shyly smiled, almost blushing when Dara called her name for the coffee. Yoochun then looked up and saw Ri In. He saw Junsu stealing glances at her and saw Ri In stealing glances at Junsu…

YOOCHUN: AISH! Stubborn! Must I do all the work?! (he dropped the whisk, grabbed Junsu by the arm as he walked towards Ri In together with Junsu)

JUNSU: Chun… what are you doing?!

YOOCHUN: you know… the two of you should talk and stop giving mixed signals! Ri In this is Junsu… Junsu this is Ri In, my long lost cousin (rolling his eyes upward), there I’ve introduced you two… now talk!

RI IN: I-I can’t!

YOOCHUN: why the hell not?! You like him right? (Ri In nodded shyly)

RI IN: I have work… here ( hands Junsu a piece of paper, this time it was addressed to Junsu personally)

JUNSU: Ri In? Huh?

[Ri In then walked out of the café hurriedly]

YOOCHUN(hits Junsu on the head): stop being clueless… Ri In likes you… she just gave you a letter… AISH! Now get back to work!

JUNSU: y-yeh! EH?! Me? She likes me?! She’s your cousin?!