MY CUP OF TEA...

COFFEE, TEA OR ME?

NOTE: ANNYEONG CHINGGUS!

SHIFTING SCHEDULE:

7am- 1pm Minsu

12nn-7pm 2U

6pm-12am JaeDa

GOOD LUCK!

^^ Yunnie ^^

 

The following day, Junsu and Changmin were the one on morning shift; they were busy cleaning and preparing the shop for the morning customers.

 

CHANGMIN: I really hate mornings! It is the shift that gets to do more work than any other shift… we have to clean and prepare the ingredients… ahhhh!!!

JUNSU: stop complaining and just do your work! And to think you have been doing this for 2 years, yet, you still complain! (He grabbed a washcloth and headed to clean the windows)

CHANGMIN: hyung! Cause that’s all that I can do hehehehe…

JUNSU (while wiping the windows clean): are you ready over there by the counter… cause I see the customers lining up now.

CHANGMIN: yeh hyung! (Raising his right hand and stretched out his arms) bring it on!

 

Junsu then flipped the close sign to open sign, and in came their regular morning customers to line up at the counter to give their order and at the same time chat with their favorite baristas! *wink!

 

Yoochun on the other hand, met up with Bom in a nearby tailor shop to make some adjustments on the suit made for the supposed-to-be entourage.

 

BOM: I really am thankful that you agreed to this! Thank you so much!

CHUN: you owe me big time (he smile his usual bright smile as he stretched out his hand to get his measurements by the tailor)

BOM: it’s good you have time this morning to do this (inspecting what the tailor is doing as the tailor stretched out his measuring tape and record his measurements)

CHUN: I’m on mid shift together with Yunho-hyung, so it’s really no problem. Mico and Michelle they really look good together, don’t they?

BOM (acting cutely clutching her heart): Ouch! (She then smiled and nodded) they do, don’t they, that’s why I wrote that letter to pour out my thoughts about the relationship of those two. Completely oblivious to the fact that I have loved him aish… the stress I have went through… but now I’m okay… (Giving Chun a side glance)

CHUN: are you? (He then turned around so that the tailor can get his back measurements) yesterday, Mico said ‘also’… do you also write songs?

BOM (hesitating for a moment): uh-huh… but I’m not as good as you though! I’ve read your compositions and heard them in the Music Section and they were really wonderful… that was the reason I always dropped by the café, first was to read and listen to your works and second to relax and drink coffee… I’m really a coffee addict… I think I’m probably dependent on it too! Ahihihihi ^^ !

CHUN: I’m glad that you liked it; maybe I can see some of your works some time? Maybe I can share some pointers with you?

BOM: actually… I was going to ask you to check up on one of my compositions, cause it’s what I am going to sing at Mico and Chelle’s wedding… but before that I have to gather the courage to let you see it though… right now… ‘don’t touch my composition!’ (The same way she says ‘don’t touch my health food’

 

At that action Yoochun found it cute and laughed out loud and the next moment he felt pain because the tailor accidentally poke the pin harder and prick Chun’s back. When Bom saw this she then also laughed, the tailor apologized and continued to do the adjustments.

 

TAILOR: oh so you are not the ones going to get married? (Pointing to Yoochun and Bom, while he still clenched his teeth putting the dress pins on his mouth)

 

Chun and Bom looked at each other and mouthed the words “us” then looked at the tailor and shook their heads.

 

BOM: um no ahjusshi… it’s my friends’ wedding… he is one of the entourage!

TAILOR: ahhhh, boyfriend and girlfriend then? (Looked at the two again as he continued to measure the length of Chun’s legs)

CHUN: nope! Friends!

BOM: Chinggu! (Saying it with her lips pouting exaggeratedly making Chun laugh again)

TAILOR: ahhhh… usually I am a good reader of people… but I guess I can be wrong sometimes… (Then shrugged his shoulders oblivious to the confusion he left the two with)

 

@ the HOUSE

JAE: aish… what to do? What to do?! (Pacing back and forth in their living room, while Yunho watch in amazement)

YUNHO: never seen you like this before… it’s not like the end of the world you know… you can just treat her like the way you treat other girls…

JAE (acting as if it was only now he has heard of that solution): you’re right Yunho! That’s what I’m going to do! Of course, I the great Jaejoong know how to do it! I am popular amongst the girls and women… why must she be any different!? Bwahahahaha!!! (Tilting his head backward while laughing evilly with arms on his waist)

YUNHO (smacking Jae’s head lightly): Pabo! Treat her nicely or else it’ll be hell for you…I can see it now… the two of you shouting your lungs out over the counter! (Smirking as he imagined the scene, Dara with her palm tree hairdo and Jae with her apple-like hairstyle, just like out of an anime scene)

 

*dan dan dan (message tone= just like in a PA system)

Jae reads a text message from Dara…

Dara: yah yoja! I’m coming early to leave some of my clothes at your house… Mama says it’s okay… are you awake already?! A pabo probably still lies on his back at this hour nyahahahaha!

JAE: bwoh?! YOJA?! Aish! That girl… she’s coming here to leave some of her things for tonight’s shift… great! You (looking at the laughing Yunho) are going to take your shift in an hour and we are going to be left here for about an hour before Junsu and Min get off from work… aish… an hour alone with her in this house?! No can do! Andwae! Andwae! Andwae! (Shaking his head as he sat on the sofa beside Yunho)

YUNHO: good luck to you two… don’t do anything I won’t do! (In a teasing manner as he continued to surf channels and watch TV ignoring the whining of his seatmate who was still staring at his cellphone)

 

Jae was unconsciously staring at the text message and he then fixed his eyes on the picture beside the name of the sender, unaware of his seatmate, Yunho, who was also trying to take a peek at what Jae was looking at…

 

YUNHO: ahhhh… Dara-noona’s hair like that… with the hair down and simple… she really looks pretty! (Still looking at picture on the phone)

JAE (nodding in agreement): yeah… (Then coming to his senses, he shook his head and closed the flip of his phone) AISH… aren’t you going to get ready? You stink, go take a bath! And where is Yoochun?!

YUNHO: you forgot? He is out with Bom… trying on some suits for the wedding, he’ll be back before lunch time. (He stood up and headed for the bathroom)

JAE: “Aish… why am I nervous? Is this nervousness or anticipation? Butterflies on my stomach? What the-?! Jae… get a hold of yourself… focus… work… focus…”

 

Yoochun arrived only to be greeted by Jae who was shaking his head while sitting on the sofa.

 

CHUN: hyung? Kenchana?

Jae immediately looks up.

JAE: huh?! Oh Chun you’re here already… yeh, I’m fine! Your shift is coming up… how was the fitting?

CHUN: it went fine… small alterations only… would you believe there is going to be a wedding rehearsal? As if it was a concert… ahahahahaha… I’m going to go and change now hyung…

 

Chun then went inside his room leaving Jae in the living room; he then got a shock of his life …

 

JAE: whoa! What the… why did I think of that… that feather-duster looking yoja, on a wedding dress?! Aish! Gotta get it out of my head… she looked beautiful though… WHAT?!… Gotta get it out of my head! (He then the stereo and put it in loud mode to distract him from his thoughts)

 

While the music was playing loudly, Jae couldn’t hear the knock on the door. On the other side of the door, Dara was growing more and more frustrated, trying to tear the door apart and bang it to be heard against the loud music from the inside. When her hands seemed like it was waving the white flag and getting red from pounding, she decided to call one of the guys. She first called Jae, but since it was so loud inside he couldn’t hear the ringing of his phone, the next one she called was Yunho, who was still inside the shower, third one she called was Junsu, he left his cellphone in his room then next was Yoochun, and finally he answered.

 

CHUN: Oh noona! Yeh, I’m inside? Oh, you’re at the door? Yeh, I’ll open it for you…

 

Chun went out of his room, lowers down the volume of the stereo, ignoring Jae who was lounging on the sofa with a pillow on his face, as he opened the door.

 

JAE(putting the pillow away from his face): yah! What’s the big idea?

CHUN(opened the door and smiled sweetly): hello Dara-noona! Come in… whoa! Did you bring your whole house here? (looking surprised at the bags she took with her) Are you moving in with us?

DARA: anniyo! I am just leaving it here, later Bom will pick me up after my shift… I will be staying with her for the duration of my duty here…. It’s much closer than Mama’s house!

JAE: thank God for that! (rolling his eyes upward… then approached Dara and helped her with her bags) damn, you really are a heavy-packer!

DARA: stop insulting if you’ll end up helping me dongseng!

JAE: starting today… since we are going to work together… and seeing that I have more experience in the coffee shop, you are to call me sunbae… regardless who is older between us… arrasso? (stating with his arms crossed on his chest)

 

Dara was taken aback and shocked by Jae, carrying her bags helping her with her things, after Jae treated her rudely and indifferently.

 

DARA: th-thanks… I guess… (shifting her attention to Chun) you’re all dressed up, are you going somewhere?

CHUN: ani, just got back from the tailor with Bom, for the fitting of the suit… my shift is up together with Yunho-hyung… which reminds me, hyung (looking at Jae) where is Yunho-hyung?

JAE(pointing to the bathroom): still inside! He’s been there for like half an hour already.

CHUN: noona, would you like something to drink? Have a seat first! (offering politely the space beside Jae)

DARA(eyeing the space beside Jae): thanks Chun! (sitting stiffly and awkwardly beside Jae)

 

Jae immediately stood up, headed towards the kitchen, grabbed a glass and a pitcher mentally berating himself for not being hospitable towards Dara.

 

JAE: “stupid Jae… why didn’t you think of offering her a seat… or even a drink? At least I am the one getting it for her! And why am I scolding myself… treat as you would treat others…”

 

Jae repeatedly said the words to himself. He poured some water on the glass and walked back to the living room, offering the glass of water to Dara and sat beside her without taking a second look. Dara took it unsure of what to make of Jae’s actions, it was as if he was in deep thought or was troubled by something. Chun just watched Jae do those things as Dara fidgeted, he smiled.

 

CHUN: noona, are you going to be alright by yourself here… together with hyung? (Dara nodded) I have to excuse myself, I have to get ready for work.

 

Chun headed hurriedly inside his room.

 

CHUN: “Jae-hyung, it’s all up to you now! Fighting!”

DARA: “He’s been acting rudely… so indifferent as if I was not there… but then the simple things and thoughtful actions show otherwise… I don’t know what to make of it! And I have to spend how many hours alone with him? Talk about awkwardness!”

 

Yunho then got out of the bathroom, unknown to him that Dara was there!

 

JAE(immediately covering Dara’s eyes with his right hand): Yah! Palli! Go inside your room and dress up! Aish!

YUNHO(shocked): Oh! Dara-noona is here? Mian, I’ll get going then!

 

Yunho apologized and headed straight for his room giving Jae the thumbs up, Jae rolled his eyes upward releasing a sigh.

 

DARA: “Jae’s hands are soft… just like a girl’s… wait… WHAT?! Since when did I start to notice the little things and simple yet appealing thing about him? And why must I feel this nervous around him?”

 

Dara shook her head to get the thoughts out of her head.

 

JAE: kenchana? Do you want to rest or something? Our shift doesn’t start for a few hours, you can rest cause you’ll need your energy, our shift will last until the wee hours of the morning!

DARA: I’m fine… really, thanks. (she smiled at him then there was awkward silence)

 

In an instant, Chun and Yunho went out of their rooms at the same time, wearing their uniform and apron.

 

CHUN: Dara-noona, Jae-hyung… we’ll be going then!

YUNHO: Dara-noona, careful of Jae okay? He’s dangerous! (looking at Jae) BEHAVE!

JAE(standing and pushing them out of the door):Yah! Stop making her feel uneasy!

YUNHO: you are the one causing her that… not us! Good luck! (making a fist in the air) Fighting!

 

Yunho and Chun then walked out and headed to the café.

 

Out of nervousness of the two being left alone, Jae turned around as Dara stood abruptly to take the glass back to the kitchen when they collided with each other… Crash!

 

Dara slipped, Jae held onto Dara… his left hand on the back of Dara’s head, the other hand on her waist to support her weight. Jae’s hand hit the corner of the table as they fell down on the floor. Their eyes closed, Jae’s hand still on her head, the other on her waist and his lips on her lips! KISS!

*“I just wanna kiss, I never wanna miss!” (:x)

 

JAE (shocked, stood up immediately, holding his lips): Mian! Are you alright? (not looking at her… avoiding any eye contact, because he felt himself turning red) Really… mian… (he then helped her, by extending his arms to support her while standing up) Kenchana? (he checked her head for any bumps or any bleeding)

DARA(still oblivious to his touches): I’m fine… it’s alright! (she kept her head low while she touched her lips where Jae’s lips were a moment ago) Is your hand okay? (she grabbed a hold of his left hand which had a red mark on it because of the table) Let me see!

JAE (surprised by the sudden contact): It’s fine… it’s just a scratch, nothing to it.

DARA: but still, we have to put ice on that… do you have an ice pack?

JAE: kitchen, 3rd drawer to the right, ice cubes in the freezer.

 

Dara went to the kitchen and got the items, when she headed for the refrigerator, she saw the shifting schedule for the day… he saw the odd names like MINSU… 2U… and then JAEDA… she then figured MINSU was Changmin and Junsu… 2U was Yunho and Yoochun… while Jaeda was Jaejoong and Dara…

 

DARA: nice couple name eh? (she then hit her head to scold herself for thinking such thoughts)

Dara then went back to the living room with the ice pack and placed it on the back of Jae’s hand.

DARA: hold onto it so that you can control the pressure (she gave the icepack to Jae as she searched her bag for her phone)

JAE: thanks

 

Jae sat on the sofa with the ice pack on his hand as he watched Dara look for something in her bag. His thoughts then went back to the wedding dress and Dara… Dara in a wedding dress, he shook his head vigorously…

 

JAE: ANDWAE! (still continues to shake his head)

DARA(surprised): Huh?! What? (looking puzzled at Jae who was shaking his head)

JAE: nothing…

DARA: are you sure it’s your hand that hit the table not your head? (in a teasing manner as she smiled when she found her phone)

JAE: whatever! What are you doing? (looking at Dara who was busy punching something on her phone)

DARA: I’m just gonna call Bom to tell her that I might go home late tonight… knowing that our shift will end at 12am… so that she won’t worry about me.

 

@ the Café…

JUNSU (noticing the arrival of Yunho and Chun): hyung! You’re here!

YUNHO: yep… how was the morning shift?

MIN: very tiring! I don’t want to be in the morning shift ever again!

CHUN: Min… haven’t you learned anything… the more you complain about being in the morning shift the more Yunho-hyung will put you there! (trying to put his arm around Min’s shoulders and failed) Aish… you’re too tall!

JUNSU: how is Jae-hyung coping up? (knowing that Jae will be sharing night shift with Dara, he smiled)

YUNHO: the two are enjoying each other’s company back at our house!

MIN: Noona is in our house? How come?

CHUN: she came early to leave her bags there… she’ll be staying with Bom for the duration of her duty here.

JUNSU: oh I see… Min how about we give them some private alone time there… let’s go back there after say… 2 hours? (trying to manipulate the situation in favor of a budding relationship)

MIN: sure no problem… I have to pick Minji up and ask her about her audition anyways.

CHUN: it would be great if the BICKERING COUPLE would really be a couple, wouldn’t it?

YUNHO: I’m so looking forward to tonight’s shift! Bwahahaha!!!

 

=o=o=o=o=o

let's look forward to the night shift then ^^