GETTING TO KNOW WHAT TO SAY...

COFFEE, TEA OR ME?

 

For nungazizah... hehehehehehe hope you like it ^^ here’s your update

 

=====o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Dara tossed and turned and didn’t realize that she was on the edge of the bed, when she turned around she fell, but she wondered why it was soft and a bit hard but not that hard, she furrowed her brows which caused her to wince in pain, the pain killers were wearing off, and she is still wondering why she was comfortable on the floor. When she opened her eyes and looked at the ceiling, she was confused as to why she didn’t recognize the ceiling...

 

Then...

 

*groan...

 

DARA: “Did someone just groan? OUCH! Yeah, Jae and I went to the hospital... then after that... I can’t remember anything?! What happened? Did something happen? Where am I?”

 

JAE: Finished daydreaming? *groan...can you please get off me... argh! Never thought you would be this heavy.

 

DARA: “That’s a man’s voice! What happened to me? Have I become this type of girl? Wait?! Why does that voice seem familiar” (her eyes slowly widening as it slowly comes to realization) KYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

 

JAE: yah! Waee~~~... Dara?! Kenchana? (Jae then held Dara’s arm and then slightly lifted her off of him to see if she’s okay... then the door blasted open)

 

The four people who heard Dara’s scream came barging in on them and saw their compromising position, Dara on top of Jae.

 

BOM, CHUN, HO, SU: WHAT THE?!

 

In their haste to stand up, Dara was struggling to stand when her foot slipped and landed again on Jae, this time...

face to face...

 

 

 

 

eye to eye...

 

 

nose to nose...

 

 

 

 

 

lips to lips.......

 

 

 

 

 

 

WHAT?! LIPS TO LIPS?!

 

 

 

 

 

*I just wanna kiss... I never wanna miss

 

 

BOM: Omo! (with her hands to )

 

DARA: KYAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! (Dara then stood up and shouted and ran in circles while covering ) How dare you kiss me again?! (pointing at Jae who was standing up staring at Dara)

 

YUNHO(in a whisper): Again?

 

CHUN: When was the first?

 

JUNSU: Last night?

 

BOM: Yah! The two of you! TALK! Palli! (with her hands on her waist as she stared at Dara and Jae who were now standing side by side, avoiding each other’s stares)

 

It was a long silence, Bom looked at Dara worriedly...

 

BOM: Santokki? Kenchana? Does it hurt? (slowly walking towards Dara who was certainly still shocked at what happened earlier)

 

DARA: Bomtaro!!! (she ran towards her friend and hugged her ever so tightly) Apayo! (she then pouted and pointed at the bandage on her forehead)

 

The guys found it cute watching Dara acting like a baby. Jae noticed that Dara was a bit awkward... he then walked towards her raised his right hand and curled it into a fist...

 

JAE: Dara-ah...

 

Dara looked up and saw what Jae was doing... she got it... she smiled and raised her right hand as well and curled it into a fist...

 

JAE: gawi...bawi...bo! (rock... paper.... scissors)

 

DARA: I won! I won! I won! Come here you yoja-looking sagwa!!! (grabbing Jae’s hand and turning it over)

 

She was elated that she won and felt their awkwardness drifting away, she then readied herself as she...PAK!!!

 

JAE: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You?!! AISHSHSHSHSHSHSH! Argh! M*th*r *! SH*T! (he tried to hold it in but it was really painful.... Dara really knew how to hurt someone!)

 

JUNSU (grabbing a hold of Dara’s hand): c’mon noona before he thinks of retaliating.

 

The rest of them went out leaving Jae suffering still shaking his hand to take the pain away, then Dara came in with an ice pack.

 

DARA: Komawo... Jae (she then walked out of the room)

 

When everyone was settled and Changmin was already awake, they all sat on the table to eat before Chun and Junsu open the cafe.

 

JAE: yah! Junsu! Your pots and pans are really dangerous... stack them carefully, see what happened to Dara?!

 

JUNSU(head low): yeh! Mianhae-yo Dara-noona.

 

DARA: Ani... it’s alright... actually it’s my clumsiness... it’s ok Su-ah. (she tried to comfort Junsu who was feeling guilty about what happened, she was patting Junsu’s back to console him)

 

Chun and Junsu then excused themselves as they head off to work as Yunho then went back to sleep. Bom then assisted Dara as they head off back to Bom’s apartment for Dara to rest. Jae offered to go with them, but Dara insisted that he, too, should get some decent rest.

 

The morning shift went as busy as ever, thought the two, Chun and Junsu could handle the crowd. Junsu was trying to rearrange the shelves of the pots and pans to avoid what happened last night, when Chun called him out.

 

JUNSU: yeh! What is it? (walking out of the stock room holding a towel, wiping some baking sheets)

 

CHUN: Ri In is here...

 

RI IN: Hi! Is this bad timing?

 

JUNSU: Ani... c’mon let’s go over there (pointing to one of the seats)

 

When they already have taken a seat...

RI IN: actually I’d like to finalize the details especially the menu for the three days, so that I could report it to our boss.

 

JUNSU: the snacks I don’t have any problem with, can you wait for a while, I’ll just call Jae-hyung.

 

Junsu called Jaejoong on the cellphone to ask him to come over. After a minute, Jae arrives with a smile, knowing that Junsu was together with Ri In.

 

JAE(whispering to Junsu): why do you need me here? Don’t you need some time alone with her? (in a teasing manner)

 

JUNSU(whispering back): ani... we need your help to plan the menu for their seminar, they need 3 main dishes for 3 days for their seminar.

 

RI IN(smiling at the two): I can hear you, you know. Hehehehehe.

 

After they finalized what they needed to do, Ri In bid the good bye as Jae remained seated, still thinking about Dara and her cut.

 

JUNSU: Hyung! What are you going to do? You can’t come with us tomorrow for CL’s party... it won’t be the same without you!

 

JAE: hehehehehe... you’re gonna miss me that much... after all Ri In couldn’t come cause she needs to prepare for the seminar, bwaahahahahaha, well I just have to beg MAMA to allow me to come.

 

Then Chun decided to join their conversation when Yunho and Changmin arrived for their shift.

 

CHUN: So... hyung... you and Dara-noona?

 

JAE: Aish! There is nothing between us... we are friends...

 

JUNSU: who already kissed...

 

CHUN: two times...already

 

JAE: yah! Yah! Yah! Stop it... stop teasing especially when Dara is here... don’t make her feel awkward! (trying to slap Chun and Su’s arms)

 

CHUN: Oh-hoh! So now he cares about what she feels...

 

JUNSU: And you are not calling her noona...

 

JAE: yah... whatever... Enough, I want to sleep! (to avoid embarrassment, he stood up immediately and walked back to their house)

 

Yunho and Changmin were very anxious to finish their shift today so that they can go and visit the dance studio again. When Dara arrived, Yunho approached her.

 

YUNHO: Noona, Kenchana? Are you okay to work?

 

DARA: yes, I had a rest awhile ago... no worries, it doesn’t hurt that much.

 

MIN: Noona, I heard what happened... if you want me to scold Jae-hyung I will

 

DARA: why would you scold him? He did nothing wrong...

 

MIN: b-but noona... he kissed you...

 

DARA(blushing): ah... ani... that was just an accident, no harm done.

 

Then came Jae who looks a bit sleepy, still rubbing his eyes lightly like a little kid.

 

DARA: did you just woke up?

 

JAE(blank): huh? Ani... yeh... um... what? (while scratching his head)

 

MIN: hyung... it’s Dara-noona

 

Jae’s eyes widened then he quickly covered his face in embarrassment.

 

DARA: Annyeong, yoja sagwa! (she waved happily in front of his face)

 

JAE: Aish! Yah! Changmin-ah... Yunho-ah... what’s this mess here... you didn’t put the glasses back again, Changmin you forgot to dry the cups again, Yunho-ah those saucers and teaspoons are left in the sink again, AISH!... did Junsu clean his pantry and stock room?

 

YUNHO(acting like a kid): neh! Omma!

 

MIN: here comes the wrath of Jae-omma... nagging and nagging... especially when he just woke up...noona, doesn’t he seem like an omoni? Kekekekeke

 

DARA: he does remind me a bit of NANA especially when she finds me just lazing around.

 

JAE: I’ll just wash up in a bit... take care of this! (he then quickly escaped the cafe and ran back home to tidy himself up, trying to avoid the thought of embarrassing himself in front of Dara)

 

Dara then helped Yunho and Changmin clean the mess up as Dara couldn’t help but smile at what happened and the look on Jae’s face that looks like a lost kid.

 

YUNHO: noona, are you sure you can work?

 

DARA: yup... I’m feeling fine already, no worries. Are you going to the dance studio after the shift?

 

MIN: yeh... I’ve joined Minji’s dance class for beginners (while raising his right hand)

 

DARA: that’s great... one way for you guys to grow closer ^^

 

YUNHO: I do hope you and Jae could go to the party tomorrow

 

DARA: I really wish... I hope there is a miracle... I wouldn’t want to miss it for the world

 

Then Jae arrived trying to avoid Dara’s stares.

 

MIN: Hyung I’ve finished cleaning everything up.

 

JAE: Good! Good! (then looks at Dara) Kenchana... (looking at Dara’s bandage with a worried look on his face)

 

DARA (feeling a bit shy): ah... yeh... I’m feeling fine already... I just took my meds awhile ago.

 

YUNHO: chincha! Noona...hyung... why don’t you get a room already hehehehehe (giving the two his infamous cheeky smile)

 

JAE: yah, yah, yah... what did I tell you about teasing Dara... stop it already! (hitting Yunho in the arm while running around the cafe)

 

After their shift, Yunho and Changmin headed to the dance studio.

 

MINJI: Unnie... are you excited for tomorrow?

 

CL: of course... I’m really excited for tomorrow... especially our surprise number ^^ wheeeeee!!!! Can’t wait for it!

 

MINJI: me too unnie!

 

Just then Yunho and Changmin arrived all dressed for workout. Yunho planned to practice some choreography. CL approached Yunho as they work on some routines, while Minji started her class together with Changmin standing at the back of the class, with his towering height, he might block others’ view.

 

YUNHO: so... tomorrow’s the night eh?

 

CL: yeah... I’m excited and i am so happy that you can be there.

 

YUNHO: hehehehehe (scratching the back of his head)

 

Back at the cafe... Dara and Jae went through their shift without arguments, when they were already packing up, while cleaning the counter...

 

DARA(looking at Jae’s hand, where she hit him): how’s your hand?

 

JAE: really... where did you learn to hit like that... i almost lost it back there, it really was painful, as if my hand was cut off.

 

DARA(laughing): Jeongmal! Jae... thanks. (she said sincerely while looking at Jae)

 

JAE: “should i tell her... i heard her last night... actually i am happy to hear that from her... but i am not sure if what i feel for her is real or do i like her because she likes me... aish! Troublesome! Mama is this what you intended to do?”

 

DARA: “whew! Ottokae? I know I slept in his room... i know I have been carried by him... I know that we kissed again... ahhhhh, those precious lips of his... ottokae... i can’t be like this every time i am with him? And now that he is being extra caring with me, please am i reading the wrong signals? I hope not. Be still my heart... please.”

 

DARA: Jae...

 

JAE: Hmmm?

 

DARA: um... never mind. Let’s pack up for today... ugh, how I wish we can go to CL’s party tomorrow.

 

Dara then hung her head low while locking the register and following Jae to the back door. Jae just looked at Dara who was getting her bag as she walked to the front of the cafe trying to hail a cab.

 

JAE: want me to give you a lift home?

 

DARA: I wouldn’t want to bother you, I’m fine.

 

JAE: Ani, I insist... it would make me less worried... not thinking of some bad things that happen to women at night...wait for me here, I’ll go get the helmets.

 

Jae drove her to Bom’s apartment, Dara waved goodbye as Jae rode off.

 

DARA: “Ahhhhh... jeongmal, this heart of mine won’t stop beating crazily... how am I to face him again? It seems like Nana’s plan is working... on me... I don’t know with him but this is not my usual self... I wasn’t like this with him before... what changed? Ani, Dara... just be yourself, it is okay to admire him right? As long as it stays purely as an admiration, there is nothing to worry about right?”

 

Jae didn’t go straight back home, he made a detour and disturbed an elderly who was already sleeping at this late hour.

 

JAE: please be awake, please be awake...

 

 

DING DONG! DING DONG! DING DONG!

 

MAMA(while opening the door): really Jae?  You do know that I am old enough not to stay up late at night... I need my sleep! Go away!

 

JAE: Ani! MAMA, please... allow us to go to the Party tomorrow, Dara and I are not fighting anymore...and she so desperately needs a break, we are stressed in the cafe and she is not smiling anymore like her usual bubbly self... one more night of pure stress, I think we will both end up in a mental facility... please Mama, please allow us to go too. (pleading with both of his hands clasped together in front of him and pouting like a kid)

 

MAMA: bwo?! You woke me up in the middle of the night just for this?!?!?!? (she almost shouted with her hands on her waist)

 

JAE: n-neh (smiling sheepishly, earning him a hit on the head)

 

MAMA: aish! Jeongmal! Must I do everything here... (she paused for quite sometime then a smile formed on her lips)...well well well, Mr. Kim Jaejoong, it took you this long huh? My plan worked perfectly!

 

JAE: huh? Mama? What are you saying? (with his brows furrowed in confusion)

 

MAMA: matchmaking! Matchmaking! My dear Jae Jae... of course you can go... you wouldn’t wake me up in this unholy hour just to get my permission if you really didn’t care for her, now all you need to do now is sort your feelings and begin to love again. Don’t let the past hinder you from your “PRESENT” and “FUTURE” my dear Jae. (she said this while patting the side of Jae’s face)

 

Jae knew what Mama meant; with his past experience with love he doesn’t allow anyone to get closer to him... so as not to be hurt and to cause pain to others. Jae smiled at Mama as he kissed her cheek and went home with a bit of enlightenment.

 

(as for Jae’s past we will go to that in the later chapters...)

 

The following morning was like any other morning for the morning shift. During the morning though, Mama came by to make an announcement, she called everyone including Dara, to the staff room, which was located at the back of the pantry. She announced that the cafe will be closed later in the afternoon, she has requested that the place be fumigated all of a sudden, which relieves the duties of the afternoon and night shift, much to the  delight of two staffs working the night staff, namely, Jae and Dara.

 

Jae thought that this was Mama’s way of saying that she has agreed to let Jae and Dara go to the party. He saw Dara jumping up and down while holding Junsu’s hands as they jumped and twirled around.

 

DARA: wheeeee!!!! Better call Bom about the good news!  Ottokae! I don’t have anything to wear! Annyeong... see you later guys! (she waved at them happily as she got out of the cafe hurriedly after kissing Nana on the cheek)

 

MAMA (whispering to Dara as she went out of the cafe): you owe me one my dear (giving Dara a teasing look)

 

DARA: Neh Nana! Thank you... I will forever be in your debt ^^ (while hailing a taxi)

 

The coffee shop closed at exactly 12nn. The boys were excited to have a slight rest day.

 

SU: hyung... we need to really enjoy this day... seldom do we have these kinds of days... I want to dance dance dance!!!

 

CHUN: just like the good old days... kekekeke

 

MIN: yeah, we could do that as a birthday gift to Chaerin... I’m sure everyone will love that!

 

JAE: and it will be a surprise... bwahahahahahaha!!!

 

YUNHO: kaja!!! Let’s go!

 

When they arrived at the club where CL’s birthday party was being held it was packed full of CL’s friends. They saw Dara, Bom, CL and Minji in one of the VIP tables. Changmin was surprised to see Minji inside the club, he was against it but since it was a private party and CL is such a good friend to Minji he thought otherwise.

 

CL(approaching the guys): Annyeong! Thank you for coming, follow me... the rest of the girls are over there.

 

YUNHO: happy birthday Chaerin-ah!

 

JUNSU: wow! Nice dance floor!

 

JAE: let’s drink the night away!

 

YUNHO: yah! We still have to give CL her present.

 

CL: present?

 

CHUN: yeh... we have something for you, we hope you like it.

 

Yunho then approached the DJ who was his friend and handed him an mp3.

 

YUNHO: ah...ah...ah... test, test... may request the birthday girl to sit here... yeh... good evening everybody, we are all here because of someone’s birthday right?

 

CROWD: YES!!!!!

 

YUNHO: if the birthday girl permits, me and my friends prepared something that we hope you all would enjoy. May we request that the dance floor be cleared?

 

The group of girls at the VIP lounge were curious as to what the guys were going to do.

 

DARA: are they going to dance? Jae knows how to dance?

 

MINJI: Changmin-oppa knows how to dance?

 

BOM: this is a must see... a new side to them...

 

CL: OMO!

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUqAs8oWFUk the way you are dance

 

MINJI: wah! Changmin oppa can dance!!!

 

DARA: “hmmm... why do I find it y... the way how Jae dances so lazily and as if not caring... with that posture of his... erase erase erase!”

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=casEgp3Lpxw rising sun dance

 

CL: Whoa! Awesome choreography... Yunho really knows how to move!

 

BOM: never took Chun to be the dancing guy, but I find it appealing

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZItglt7s5AU purple line dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDNwBqvLZfc o jung ban hap dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOa10yuzhYw mirotic dance

 

After their very charismatic and powerful dance... the boys were hounded by screaming and cheers from the crowd. Everyone enjoyed the performance. A certain group of girls were left in awe with what they saw, not only are they baristas who are good at making coffee, good looking, musically talented and now they show a new side to them yet again... they are good dancers as well.

 

When the boys finally made their way to the VIP section where the girls were, all of them instantaneously plopped on the couch and just laid their like dead people. Breathing heavily, trying to steady their breaths while the girls just looked at them in awe.

 

DARA: yah yoja! You dance really well!!

 

MINJI: Oppa, I thought you were not a good dancer

 

MIN: Ani... Yunho-hyung forced me to dance

 

BOM: how did you manage to do all that?

 

CHUN: when we were still studying, Yunho urged all of us to join him with his exercises and his exercises were like that... dancing!

 

JUNSU: aaaahhhh *dolphin wail, I’m getting old...

 

JAE: I didn’t forget the steps! I didn’t forget the steps!

 

YUNHO: no punishment for you then!

 

CL: DAEBAK! That’s all I can say... thank you... best birthday gift ever!

 

MINJI: unnie, don’t you think we should pay them back with our own performance, then?

 

CL: of course... no one out stages the birthday girl kekekeke... a go go go!!!

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRzDugn7O4M please don’t go performance

 

====O=O=O=O=O=O=O====

 

now i'm off to the wedding scene next hehehehehehe...

 

enjoy 

 

a shoutout to my readers...

eomi04

teukilicious2010

jaedara