WHEN I AM WITH YOU...

COFFEE, TEA OR ME?

the chapter is mostly jaedara moments so hope you enjoy...

 

====o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Meanwhile, back at the cafe, Dara and Jae were busy cleaning up the counters as they get ready to close the cafe now.

 

DARA: I have to admit... it’s much better talking to you rather than shouting at you kekeke

 

 

JAE: told you, I have that charm over girls! (with his hand on his hips tilting his head back)

 

 

Dara wanted to react using her body to dismiss what Jae said, when she was about to turn around and shake her head vigorously she hit her head with one of the baking pans Junsu uses for his pastries, needless to say an avalanche of baking pans and sheets were supposed to have fallen on her if it were not for Jae who was already covering her with his whole body with his arms over her head to protect her head from anything that was to fall from the top shelf.

 

 

JAE: Kenchana?! Aigoo, didn’t know uri noona is so clumsy... (he helped her stand up by holding supporting her arms while standing up)

 

 

DARA: Aish! I sound like I am a halmoni... OUCH!

 

 

Dara was rubbing her forehead that did not escape the avalanche, it was clearly turning into a red bump...Jae looked at her, when he saw the bump his eyes grew wide and tried to stifle his laughter while getting some ice in the bucket and placed it on a piece of cloth and placed it on Dara’s forehead. Dara was frozen from where she was standing when Jae began to blow on the bump on her forehead.

 

 

DARA: “Ottokae?!?!?! What is really happening now? Please heart... stop this erratic beating, juseyo! Stay calm, Santokki! Breathe in and out... in and out...those red lips...why are they seducing me?! Omo! My heart! His arms... those steady arms of his... his scent, I have grown to be familiar with, why is it tormenting me so?!”

 

 

JAE: Palm tree... I think you should see a doctor...

 

 

Dara looked up at Jae’s worried face.

 

 

DARA: waeee~~? (she creased her forehead then felt a tinge of pain) Ah! Ouch!

 

 

JAE: Cause I think, you are going to need some stitches... that bump on your head is not just a bump but a cut already... here hold this cloth and I’ll close the shop first, you wait for me at the back then I’ll go with you to the hospital.

 

 

Jae hurriedly cleaned up the cafe and closed the lights, then maybe out of the suddenness of the situation he grabbed Dara’s hands hurriedly went out to the back. Dara just allowed Jae to drag her wherever they were going.

 

 

DARA: “We just held hands right? What happened?! My heart... please are you still beating?”

 

 

Dara stared down at her hands as if she grew another hand. Confused and dazed, feeling a bit light headed thinking about the cut on her forehead, she just stood there looking into nothing waiting for Jae to come back.

 

 

Jae went in the house to get his jacket and two helmets for them to wear. Much to his surprise she saw her eyes widen in disbelief as she kept on rambling to herself, walking here and there.

 

 

DARA: Ani... ani...ani... riding a motorcycle is dangerous... wearing a helmet will hurt (she said while still holding on to the ice cloth given to her by Jae)... Ani... andwae! I won’t... Aigoo, it hurts bad...huhuhuhu

 

 

JAE: Dara... please it’s much faster to go by motorcycle than walking... we need to let the doctor tend to that cut immediately.

 

 

After much convincing with Jae nearly carrying Dara to ride on the motorcycle, now their current dilemma is their skinship.

 

 

DARA: um... how do I do this? Should I just hold on to your shoulder? Like this? (puts her hands on Jae’s shoulders lightly)

 

 

JAE: Andwae, when we go off you might fall... um... you... you do like... this... arms... a-around my w-waist (he tried to demonstrate it avoiding looking at Dara’s eyes, feeling extremely shy)

 

 

Dara tried it and closed her eyes as they sped off. Dara unknowingly laid her head on Jae’s back, much to the delight of the young man driving the motorcycle heading to the nearest hospital.

 

 

When they arrived, Dara looked pale, probably from the anxiety of what the doctors will do to her cut, or her fear of needles. The doctors tend to her immediately. Jae was right about the stitches.

 

 

JAE: “Never knew that a pan could cause such damage... Junsu is really using some dangerous weapons inside that station of his... tsk tsk tsk, better have a talk to Su about that... “

 

 

He thought while shaking his head, waiting for Dara to come out of the room after the stitches. Just then the door opened and out came a nurse heading for his direction.

 

 

NURSE: E-excuse me sir... maybe you could help... the patient is abit anxious, maybe a familiar face will calm her down so that the doctor can finish the stitches.

 

 

JAE: Ah...yeh

 

 

Jae stood up and followed the nurse inside the room, when he came in, he saw Dara trembling, he has never seen her like this. Like a lost child, biting her lower lip to stop the flowing tears from escaping her eyes. He immediately went to her side and slowly rubbed her back, her arms, looking intently at her with worry.

 

 

JAE: Sandy... shhhhhh... breathe... It’s gonna be okay, the doctor will just be done in a few seconds... it will just be quick... it’s just like a bite of an ant.

 

 

DARA: B-but... ant bites are painful... (Dara looked into Jae’s eyes like a child looking for assurance that everything will be alright)

 

 

DARA: “Did he just call me Sandy? Awwww, if I wasn’t really feeling anxious and hurt right now I would really pinch his cheeks right now and give him a kiss! WAIT! WHAT!? KISS?! ANDWAE!!!”

 

 

JAE: yeah, you are right... how about this then, I’ll let you hold my hand as the doctor finishes your stitches okay, so that we can go home already (Jae’s voice was so soft and sweet as he tugged the loose strands of hair to her ear, just like talking to a scared kid)

 

 

DARA: apayo! (whining and pouting like a kid, which Jae found a bit cute and amusing, Jae smiled at her)

 

 

JAE: Ani... just hold my hand... (he offered his hand for her to hold as she allowed the doctor to resume the stitching)

 

 

Every time Dara hears the doctor say he will start, she would really squeeze Jae’s hand to the point where Jae winced in pain as if Dara was squeezing the blood off of his hand. The doctor finished and prescribed some medicines and left. Jae stood up and left the room leaving Dara who was trying to regain her composure after that terrifying moment. When she opened her eyes, Jae was not there anymore, she had a confused look on her face.

 

 

NURSE: if you are looking for your boyfriend, he just went out ma’am... you should just lie down there for a while to rest, you might feel a bit light headed from the medicines given to you.

 

 

DARA: Ah... n-neh (she was feeling too weak to make it clear to the nurse that Jae was not her boyfriend... though the idea was beginning to become a great one)

 

 

When she felt already steady, she tried to stand and go out of the room, when she lightly closed the door, and turned around, she found Jae standing in front of her towering over her.

 

 

JAE: Are you ok to walk already? Not dizzy at all? Kenchana?

 

 

Dara could only nod, afraid to speak because there might not be any voice that might come out of her.

 

 

JAE: Next time you have to be careful, that looks like it hurts alot.

 

 

DARA: uh-huh (pouting like a cute kid) it hurts... a lot... waaaaaaahhhhh!!! (bawling out lout outside the hospital)

 

 

JAE: you have to drink the meds, here... (hands her a paper bag full of meds prescribed by the doctor, the reason he walked out earlier was to buy the meds prescribed by the doctor)

 

 

DARA: Komawo... Bom might flip to see me like this... hayyyssss.

 

 

They rode the motorcycle in silence as the meds are slowly taking effect. When they arrived at the cafe, Dara was a bit groggy due to the meds, so he carried her to their house at the back of the cafe.

 

 

When they went in, the lights were closed and everybody was asleep. He hesitated to let her sleep on his bed but with her current condition she needs to have a comfortable rest.

 

 

He straightened out the sheets and slowly laid her on the bed. Dara tossed and turned, then she groaned until she found her comfortable spot on the bed.

 

 

DARA: ...lsi9rngi$%^&*#$... bimil (secret)

 

 

JAE: huh? Is she talking in tongues now? Does that come as a side effect of the meds? (looking at the prescriptions and their side effect)

 

 

DARA: unnn...Joongie-ah...naega...dangsin...eul joh-a ( i like you)...nae bimil (my secret)... komawo...namja sagwa...kyeopta...hmmmmm...@#$bnksdfg%&&$

 

 

Upon hearing those mumbled words from Dara, Jae could only stifle a laugh, he couldn’t believe how a simple confession of a drug-induced Dara make his heart skip a beat like that, he slowly sat on the floor staring at Dara while the back of his right hand is covering his mouth from the shocking revelation he heard from Dara. All he wanted to do right now was to hug her, lay her head on his arm, hug her as they sleep, but he couldn't make himself to since Dara was injured, and his priority is for Dara to be well-rested.

 

 

 

Jae texted Bom and informed her of what happened, when she learned about the stitches Bom called immediately out of worry, Jae reassured her that Dara was okay and that she was sleeping soundly. Bom allowed Dara to stay at the house while giving Jae fair warning about protecting Dara from a group of men.

 

 

BOM: Jae... since she’s already asleep... you might know already... so, please treat her nicely.

 

 

Bom stated thinking that Dara is asleep and with her sleeping habits, she thought that Dara might have blurted out things that she has been keeping from him. Ever since they have been partnered to be together for the night shift, Dara has been staying together at Bom’s apartment, and every single night Dara comes home from her duty at the cafe, Bom would find Dara sleep talking and mumbling something that is a secret.

 

 

And that secret is now staring at Dara’s face and shaking his head as he listened to Dara’s sleep talk. He tugged a loose strand of hair to her ear as he gently Dara's cheek and slowly gave in to slumber.

 

The following morning, Bom decided to pay the guys a visit, after hearing about what happened to Dara, she immediately went to the house at 5 in the morning, knocking so hard the door could break. It was a good thing, that the morning shift is already awake, Chun and Junsu were shocked to hear someone knock at their door at this time of the day.

 

 

CHUN(while opening the door): what’s the big deal?! Early in the morning (with brows furrowed showing an almost angry face, when he saw Bom’s worried face), Bom! What’s wrong?

 

 

BOM: Where is Dara? Where is Jae’s room?

 

 

Bom went inside the house and immediately searched the rooms.

 

 

Junsu: noona... Jae-hyung’s is over here (pointing to the door behind him) what’s happening?

 

 

Bom told them what happened last night as all of them wore worried looks on their faces.

 

 

Yunho(angry tone): yah! Why so noisy... (seeing Bom inside the house)...early in the morning... good morning noona.

 

 

Yunho was still rubbing his eyes followed by Changmin who has his eyes still closed, uttering non sense.

 

 

Bom lightly knocked on the door, pressed her ear on the door, then slowly opened the door and peeked carefully. She saw Jae sleeping on the floor without any mat, no pillow, no blanket just the hard floor, and as for Dara, she is sleeping comfortably on the bed. Her head was followed by another head peeking through the small opening, Chun, then Junsu, and then Yunho. As for Changmin he went back to sleep again.

 

 

They decided to leave the two for the moment, as Chun and Junsu prepare some breakfast for them to share with Bom.

 

 

CHUN: hyung! CL’s event is tomorrow, are you ready to show your heart to her through your moves? (stuffing his mouth full of bread, just like his rookie days *when they were singing acapella inside the van, that kind of look)

 

 

YUNHO: Aniyo... just go there to have fun and celebrate her birthday, that’s enough... Chun get a hold of yourself, Bom noona is here... eat properly.

 

 

Bom smiled at how hilarious Chun looked, like a hamster full of treats hehehehe.

 

 

BOM: CL? You know her? As in the owner of the Seoul City Dance Studio?

 

 

JUNSU: yeh, noona? Waeyo? (while munching on a muffin)

 

 

BOM: she’s a friend too, just like Dara... common friends with some musicians and dancers. I will be going to the party tomorrow... are you guys also going?

 

 

CHUN, HO, SU: neh!

 

 

BOM: What about the two? They have night shifts right?

 

 

YUNHO: MAMA will take care of it eventually, don’t worry about those two. It seems like they are getting along now.

 

===ooo=o=o=oo=o=o=o

 

A bit short... but I just want to please some of my subscribers so that they won't lose interest... love you guys...

 

CL's bday party up next... hmmmm might take me some time before i can update... but it won't take too long ^^