PUTTING IT MY WAY...

COFFEE, TEA OR ME?

 

MINJI: Oppa! Are we there yet?

MIN: Ji! You’ve been asking me that question every minute… just wait okay? We’ll arrive there shortly, don’t worry!

MINJI: I’m just excited to see the café you’re always talking and whining about!

GILES: sir, we’ve arrived sir.

 

Minji was excited to see the place where Min felt tortured because of being the maknae. She eagerly stepped out of the vehicle not waiting for Giles nor Min to open it for her.

 

MINJI: whoa! This is a great place oppa! (spreading her arms wide and stretched out a bit)

MIN: easy for you to say… you’re not the one living with the hyungs… c’mon I’ll introduce you to them…

 

[Min motioned for Minji to follow him inside]

 

Inside the coffee shop, Junsu noticed the arrival of a vehicle, he told the rest to get ready with the cake and the party poopers. The moment Min went inside, the party poppers popped with confetti as they sang Min a birthday song.

 

JAE,SU,YUN,CHUN: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAKNAE! (they gathered around Min and gave him a group hug)

 

After the singing, that’s when they noticed that Min brought someone with him.

 

JUNSU(nudging Min on the side): she your girlfriend?

JAE(immediately went beside Minji): hello, my name is Jaejoong, you can call me Jae-oppa, what’s your name, munchkin?

MINJI: Gong Minji, call me Minji… Jae-oppa. (she smiled as she found everyone so tall and very amusing)

MIN: don’t call him oppa! Call him Jae-pabo!

 

Jae hit Min on the shoulders, thus started their ONE-TOUCH battle.

 

YUNHO: ignore them, that’ll take forever to end… my name is Yunho.

YOOCHUN: yeah that’s right! Welcome to our crazy world… I’m Yoochun.

JUNSU: and I’m Junsu, want some cake?

 

Offering Minji a slice from Min’s birthday cake, Changmin noticedthe cake Junsu baked for him and ran towards it, covering the whole cake with his arms, as if guarding it from a pack of wolves.

 

MIN: hyung! Is this all mine? (eyes opened wide with hunger)

JUNSU: you have to learn to share! (taking the cake away from Min’s strong hold) Even though it is for your birthday, the cake is for all of us to eat, not yours alone!

MIN: b-but! It’s my birthday! (pouting his mouth like a child’s)

MINJI: oppa, no wonder they treat as such as a maknae! You’re so childish compared to them!

MIN: yah! It’s still my birthday cake! Want me to wish for your birthday gift once again? (raising his brow looking at Minji)

Minji was about to protest when she remembered the kiss and blushed, she turned red in embarrassment.

YOOCHUN: Minji are you alright?

YUNHO: do you want something to drink? (bringing her a glass of water)

MINJI: thank you oppa! (drinking slowly on the glass of water trying to hide her embarrassment)

JUNSU: YAH! Changmin-ah! Don’t be like that! She’s a girl! We guys can take that tone of yours… but you have to treat her as a lady!

JAE: apologize! (giving a strict tone looking seriously at Min)

You seldom see Jae act this serious, so once he acts serious you better straight up or you might get a beating.

MIN(noticing the seriousness in Jae’s expression): y-yeh hyung… Ji… mianhe

 

Then the door opened, in came…

 

DARA: did I miss something?

 

The 6 of them looked at Dara, only Jae didn’t need to look to know who it was

 

JUNSU(running towards Dara): Dara-noona! Why didn’t you text me?! (giving her a cute pout)

YOOCHUN: Noona, Min is back… with a girlfriend! (following Junsu)

YUNHO: Dara-noona, have a piece of Changmin’s cake! (offering Dara a saucer with a cake on it)

DARA (looking at Min): Omo! Is it your birthday today? Happy birthday Minnie!

Dara then neared him and hugged him tightly, which surprised Minji and Jae the most!

JAE: pssshhh!! Acting as if you are close with him! (rolling his eyes upward with his arms crossed)

DARA: we are! You are the only one I’m not close with! Uber-vain, feminine-looking namja!

JAE: Hah! You teenage-looking noona! Puffy-cheeks! Weird, clumsy girl!

 

Thus the bickering begins…

 

DARA: I’m weird?! You’re also weird! (she then noticed Minji and changed her attitude from angry to friendly, smiling at Minji) Hello there! My name is Sandara… call me Dara-unnie!

JAE: Ssandara!

DARA: Aish! Not Ssandara… Sandara! You girl-looking, pale-faced pabo!

JAE: haha!! Puffy-faced, clumsy pabo!

YOOCHUN (putting his arm around Minji’s shoulder): don’t worry, you’ll get used to those two.

 

After that Min removed Chun’s arm around her and gave him a serious stare.

 

YUNHO: we started calling them the “BICKERING COUPLE”

JUNSU: take note, they’ve only known each other for only 2 days and they argue like an old married couple already! (while shaking his head)

 

Dara managed to get out of the bickering…

 

DARA: what’s your name? (looking eagerly at Minji, which startled the little girl)

MINJI: G-gong M-minji (amused at how quick she can change her mood)

DARA: oooohhhh!!! Minkki! Minkki! Minkki! Call me Dara-unnie! Such a cute face just like Su’s!

MINJI: Dara-unnie!

 

The two smiled at each other and laughed together!

 

JAE: Aish! A pabo is always a pabo… it’s Minji not Minki!

 

Jae then went back to the coffee counter to tend to a customer.

 

DARA: ignore that girly-girl! Hmph! (rolling her eyes upward)

YUNHO: Min! Put your bags first in the house… if you want to rest, you can, okay?

MIN: yeh hyung! Ji, I’ll just put these at the back okay, are you going to be alright?

MINJI: yeh oppa! Dara-unnie will keep me company.

 

Yoochun and Junsu followed Min to the house, with the mission to fish out information about the two of them, Changmin and Minji.

 

YOOCHUN: so… who is Minji?

MIN: a childhood friend… 


JUNSU: and what is she doing together with you?

MIN: she is going to study at the University of Arts, Dance… a couple of blocks away from here.

YOOCHUN: only a friend or more than that?

MIN: family! She’s family! You know hyung, if you want to know more about her, better ask her not me!

YOOCHUN: you are no fun! (pouting like a child) fine, fine, fine… we’ll go back now… be sure to follow ayt?!

MIN: yeh, hyung!

 

When Yoochun and Junsu got back from the house, they saw someone enter the coffee shop.

 

BOM: Ssantokki!

DARA: Bomtaro! (the two hugged each other) Bom, I have a new friend… her name is Minkki!!! (placing her hands around Minji’s shoulders)

MINJI: annyeong Bom-unnie!

BOM: awwww…. She’s so cute… just like a puppy! Can I keep her?! (pinching her cheeks)

DARA: she’s going to go with us… just needs to inform her “boyfriend” Changmin!

BOM: ohhh, the tall guy? Way to go Minkki! (giving her a thumbs up!)

MINJI: Unnie! He’s not my boyfriend!

 

Meanwhile, in the coffee counter, 2 pairs of ears became a radar-like to listen in on the girl’s conversation.

 

MIN: what are you two doing? (referring to both Chun and Jae who were obviously eavesdropping…his arms crossed on his chest)

CHUN(shocked): um hyung… is showing me my good side… like how… how to pose with my profile!

JAE: y-yeh… (trying to catch up on the cover up for eavesdropping) tilt your head to the side to emphasize your jaw line…

MIN: yeah right! As if I’m gonna buy that! You eavesdropper!

Minji noticed Min’s presence and went towards him

MINJI: oppa! I’m gonna go out with Dara and Bom-unnie okay? They are going to show me around… no need to see me home!

MIN: NO! After touring or whatever it is you’re going to do… (looks at Dara) Noona… please bring her back here (then looked back at Minji) I am going to send you home… no buts!

MINJI: y-yeh oppa!

DARA: don’t worry Minnie! We’ll take care of her… it’s just us girls hanging out!

BOM: we’ll have her here by 9PM! (raising her hands to form the number 9)

MIN: 8PM! (he protested)

DARA: aish! You’re stricter than my mom! Fine we’ll be back by 8pm!

BOM: let’s hurry then! Only 4 hours left! Bye… Chun-ah! Later.

 

The three girls then went off. The rest of the guys were now looking at Yoochun who was turning red from the attention he was getting.

 

JAE: Chun-ah?!(with his brows raised)

MIN: you know her, hyung?!

YOOCHUN: a-a little… through the WALL… exchanged a few notes with her…

JUNSU: uh-huh… (with a tone that has another meaning)

YUNHO: all the girls seem to know Yoochun!

 

8:00PM

Changmin was pacing back and forth, looking at his watch every now and then, every time the door opens he would look up to see if it was Minji.

 

JUNSU: Changmin! Please… stop! You’re making me dizzy!

MIN: sorry hyung! (looks at his watch again) I specifically told them only until 8pm! Argh! Where are they?!

Changmin then searched his pocket for his cellphone, and then punched in Minji’s number.

MIN: Hello?! Ji?! Are you alright? Where are you? It’s already 8… you’re in the cab… okay, okay… take care, bye! (he then continued to pace back and forth)

YOOCHUN(shaking his head): I seriously wouldn’t want Changmin as my dad! Aish! Too strict!

 

Just then the three girls arrived, Dara and Bom were carrying so many shopping bags as they slumped themselves in one of the couches trying to catch a breather.

 

DARA: aigoo! Seriously, we are not young anymore! My feet hurts!

BOM: but we look young! We looke like Minji’s age… aish… I’m really exhausted… I can’t fee my feet! (massaging her legs)

MINJI: oppa! Unnies help tour around the city, it was fun… they are bargain hunters… I really enjoyed it!

MIN: I’m glad you did! Are you ready to go back to your dorm?

MINJI: yeh oppa!

MIN: okay, wait here… I’ll just grab my coat, auntie called asking how you were…

 

Min got his coat while Minji thanked her unnies for the wonderful day out, the two said goodbye to the others and then went off.

 

DARA: Bomtaro… are you going to be okay here?

BOM: yeh… I just have to rest my feet for a while then I’ll head home myself.

DARA: okay… I’ll head out first okay? Bye Bomtaro! (kissing her on the cheek)

 

Dara then went to the counter to say goodbye to the guys, ignoring Jae as she walked away…

 

JAE: WAIT! (he then ran after her)

DARA: WHAT? (annoyed and feet still aching)

JAE: can I have your number?

DARA: why? (with one brow arched)

JAE: you gave the guys your number no questions asked, now that I’m the one asking for it you’re asking questions?! No fair!

DARA: fine… fine… fine *sigh 09************

JAE: okay got it! And one more thing!

 

Jae pulled Dara beside him, made a peace sign and took a picture of the two of them with his phone.

 

JAE: there that’s done… thank you (he then walked away heading for the counter busying himself with his phone)

DARA: what the?! WHATEVER! I swear that boy has some issues! (while shaking her head, she walked out and headed home to NANA)

 

Yoochun noticed Bom alone resting in one of the sofas, he approached her carrying a glass of water.

 

YOOCHUN: hey there… I think you need a glass of water… here (placing the glass on the table in front of Bom)

BOM: aaaahhhh, an answered prayer! Thank you. (takes a sip and savored it)

YOOCHUN: how are you now? Are you coping already?

BOM: never been better… (she then paused and looked at him sadly) I’m her maid of honor.

YOOCHUN: whoa! When is the wedding?!

BOM: the end of the month... T_T

YOOCHUN: you’re the maid of honor? (“Talk about social suicide! Poor girl!”)

BOM: that is as close as I can get to wearing a gown right next to him…

YOOCHUN: (“Whatever Chun! Here goes nothing!”) Need an ?

BOM: BADLY! (hesitating for a bit then looked at Chun) I know it’s all too sudden… and I just known you… can you go with me? You know about my situation and you’re the only guy I know that’s not taken… not gay or whatever! No complications!

YOOCHUN: well then… I’d be glad to! (“No complications huh?”)

BOM(standing immediately hugging Chun): thank you… thank you… thank you!

 

She continued to hug Chun tightly while jumping up and down with happiness.

 

At the pastry counter, while Junsu was cleaning his counter getting ready for closing, him and Yunho watched Bom and Yoochun intently, with elbows on the counter with hands cupping their chins.

 

YUNHO: whoa! A hug!

JUNSU: too fast! Too fast! Ha! Ha! Ha!

YUNHO: looks like she has agreed to be his girlfriend!

JUNSU: ahhh, February truly is the month of Hearts!

YUNHO: which reminds me… what do you plan to do with Ri In?

JUNSU: be her friend… we’ll take it from there… see what happens… and you? What’s this I heard about CL-sshi?

YUNHO: nah… it looks like a far fetch thing… I don’t know… maybe too much for me… I’m not that outgoing compared to her.

JUNSU: hyung! Stop being so serious… relax… smile… it really doesn’t suit you… being so serious and all… hehehehehe…

JAE (shouting out loud): CLOSING TIME EVERYBODY!

CHUN, YUN, SU: YEH!

 

Chun assisted Bom outside carrying her bags and hailed a cab for her as he send her off…

 

YOOCHUN: “Why do I feel like this? Like I want to be there when she sees him being married… why do I get the urge to comfort her?”

BOM: “ahhh… be still my heart… it started beating again… calm down my heart… calm down.”

 

======

 

Comments are love...