GETTING TO KNOW YOU (3)

COFFEE, TEA OR ME?

At the House…

 

The two left inside the house were as awkward as ever, what, after the kiss the atmosphere was more tense. Jae just the TV to break the silence as they stared at the screen not even minding what was being shown. Dara on the other hand kept glancing on her phone, waiting for Bom’s text.

 

JAE: “Aish! Why did it happen?! Her lips were so soft… it really felt good! Andwae! Jae! Stop these thoughts!”

 

Then out of the blue, Dara shifted her position and faced Jae, which surprised him. Dara with a look of determination smiled and said…

 

DARA: I’m bored! Let’s play! (while clapping both of her hands)

JAE(nearly fell off of the sofa): what? Play?

DARA: let’s play rock, paper, scissors! The winner gets to hit the loser’s back of the hand!

JAE: a childish game?!

DARA: I’m bored, we’re not talking… and it’s awkward what happened awhile ago, c’mon please?! (batting her eyelashes at him)

JAE: Aish! Really… who is the older on here? Fine, let’s play… no holding back then!

 

Dara won the rock, paper, scissors… she jumped for joy as she readied for the next round (where the winner will point which side to face and simultaneously the other player has to face the other side, if the other player faces the same side she’s pointing at the loser is punished) with full concentration on Dara’s face, she began…1… 2… 3! To the left! Jae faced right!

 

Dara pouted in disappointment as her eyes turned into slits she then began again. Dara pointed to the left, Jae faced left! Her eyes lit up and was overjoyed! She then stretched her hand to begin the punishment of hitting the back of Jae’s hand.

 

Jae didn’t expect too much force coming from the thin, frail-looking Dara, but the moment her hand hit his hand, the only thing he could do was shout out for pain. With revenge on his face, he was now more determined to win, to get back at her!

 

The next round, Dara won again. Jae was hit again. And he screamed for pain again! Dara won 3 consecutive times and Jae was hit 3 consecutive times and he screamed 3 consecutive times! Jae put his game face on and started… rock, paper, scissors! He won! He jumped for joy as he then began the punishment game. Jae pointed to the right, Dara faced right! Much to Jae’s delight, he hesitated hitting a girl’s hand even though it was just for a game, Dara reassured him it was fine. So he then stretched out his hand and hit Dara’s hand. SMACK!

 

Dara’s hand instantly reddened in just one hit! She smiled trying to hide how painful it was. Jae seeing that she was okay, they continued. Jae won 3 consecutive times as well.

 

JAE: you are so going to regret that you ever thought of this game (stated with a smirk on his face)

DARA: stop talking and do it! I’ll have my revenge!

 

Jae was getting ready to hit Dara with his right hand up in the air, slowly descending on her hand when the door opened and in came Junsu and Changmin.

 

MIN: I wonder why Min- (he stopped talking when he saw Jae in the act of hitting Dara) HYUNG! What are you doing to NOONA!?

JUNSU(hurriedly ran towards Dara to shield her from Jae): Hyung, what are you doing? You’re not supposed to hit a girl! (he then shifted his attention to Dara) Noona, kenchana?

JAE: b-but… we were just…

MIN : hyung, you should be ashamed of yourself! Hitting a small, frail girl, like noona! (shaking his head) wait til Yunho-hyung hears about this!

JUNSU: Noona! Are you alright? Did he hit you before?! (his eyes then saw Dara’s reddened hand) Hyung, you did this?! (throwing Jae an accusing look)

JAE: y-yeh, but we were just…

DARA: STOP!

 

The three men then looked at her.

 

DARA: Min, Su… Jae and I were just playing a game! I think you should be more concerned about his hand than mine. His is turning black and blue… mine is just red! (pointing to Jae’s battered hand)

JUNSU: hyung, what happened? (holding on to the Jae’s bruised hand)

JAE(pointing to Dara): she happened! Her childishness… and to think I went along with it!

MIN & SU: huh?

DARA: I think you need another ice pack for that hand. I’ll go and get some.

 

Dara grabbed the container and headed to the kitchen. While Min and Su were clueless as to why both of Jae’s hands were bruised.

 

MIN: what happened hyung?

 

Jae let out a sigh and explained everything. Leaving out the part that they kissed.

 

MIN: so the two of you were tied and that was your move?

JAE: yup! Until you came barging in and accusing me!

JUNSU: but your hand looked like it received more than 3 hits!

JAE: that stick girl knows how to hit AISH! Every time she hit me, I screamed out for pain!

 

Dara arrived carrying the ice pack and placing it on Jae’s newly bruised hand.

 

DARA: here… hold it… (then looked at Min and Su) just finished your shift?

MIN: yeh!

DARA: but it’s already 3! Your schedule ended 2 hours ago!

JUNSU: I went out to buy some books! (answering defensively)

JAE: more likely to buy us some alone time! (rolling his eyes upward as he placed the ice pack lightly on his hand)

MIN: I fetched Minji at the academy, but when I went there, she was already at Chaerin-noona’s studio!

JUNSU: Noona, you look tired. Want to rest? You can use my room.

JAE: your room is dirty! Your clothes are on the floor! Why don’t you clean it up first before offering it!?

JUNSU(scratching his head): ahhh… yeh, mian… I forgot!

DARA: I’m really not tired… honest!

MIN: want to watch a movie then?

DARA: sure! Anything would be fine!

 

Junsu and Min then headed for their DVD library to see what was good to watch, while Jae headed for the kitchen to prepare them something to eat while watching movies. Dara on the other hand debated whether to join Jae in the kitchen giving them another alone time.

 

DARA: “Stop thinking too much! You’re just going to help! Don’t put too much meaning to it!”

 

Dara decided to help in the kitchen. When she stepped in she saw the popcorn already popped, sandwich already assembled, chips already in the bowl, some fruits peeled and sliced.

 

DARA: ahem… I guess you don’t need help in anything else?

JAE(turning around to face her): huh? Um, juice! I maybe good at preparing foods in an instant and brewing coffee but I’m not good at preparing juice… it’s either bland or too sweet!

DARA: maybe I can help? Where is the juice?

 

Jae handed her the juice and container while he put the food on the tray. Dara was shocked to see so much food being prepared.

 

DARA: why did you prepare so much food?

JAE: you don’t know how those two eat! I think this is just for them, maybe you’ll only get to have a single bite of each and the rest will be gone in a few seconds!

DARA: they are heavy eaters?!

JAE: Min is… but whenever Junsu is with him, he tends to compete with him for food. Usually he only eats fruits, but when he is with Min, whatever Min eats he also eats.

DARA(stirring the juice in the pitcher): there the juice is done! (pouring some in the glass) here, have a taste. (handing the glass to Jae)

JAE: it’s good! they’ll like it! (giving her a thumbs up)

MIN(shouting from the living room): HYUNG! NOONA! the movie is about to start!

JAE: yeh! we’re coming!

 

The four enjoyed watching the movie, an old sci-fi movie called the FIFTH ELEMENT, halfway through the action scenes, Jae noticed that Dara has grown silent, when he turned to look at her direction, there she was nodding her head to oblivion asleep.

 

We moved closer to her and used his shoulders as Dara’s pillow as he continued watching. When the movie finished and all the food was gone, Min and Su looked at the two sitting side by side, Dara’s head on Jae’s shoulder, while Jae’s head was on Dara’s. Changmin took a picture of the two, cleaned up their mess and went to their respective rooms to rest.

 

Dara was awaken by the constant ringing of her phone, she wanted to lift her head but couldn’t, she felt Jae’s head on hers, she then held out her phone and took a picture of them on her phone to take a look at how they looked like. They looked like lovers comfortably resting in each other.

 

She then saw Bom had left her tons of messages and missed calls! She decided to text her together with the picture she took of her and Jae.

 

DARA to BOM: Mian Bomtaro! this sleepy monster is crushing me! can’t get out! I’ll text you when my shift is over, probably around 1-2 am… Mian Bomtaro ^^

 

Dara felt Jae shifting positions then he woke up suddenly lifting his head!

 

JAE:ACK! (immediately holding his neck which has grown stiff from their position, then looked at Dara) oh… you’re awake already!

DARA: yep! seems like we slept through the movie… ke ke ke!

JAE(looks at the clock on the wall): it’s 5 already, we have to get ready, are you going to be alright by yourself? aren’t you going to change?

DARA: nope, I’m good… I think I’ll head to the café first and kill time, meet you there later!

 

Jae nodded then went inside his room as Dara then got up and walked out of the house and went to the direction of the café.

 

At the Café…

 

CHUN: Yunho-hyung! How do you think the two are doing?

YUNHO: I think they are doing good! Cause not one of them decided to leave and kill their time inside the café.

 

After that statement, Yoochun saw Dara enter the café heading for their direction.

 

CHUN: well, I think not! (pointing to Dara) hello Dara-noona! (giving her his bright smile)

DARA: annyeong cute namjas! How was duty?

YUNHO: it was good! Thank God it died down! I thought I was going to pass out!

CHUN: many came awhile ago, I think there is some sort of a convention in one of the nearby buildings here. How was it… spending alone time with Jae-hyung!?

DARA: it was alright! Min, Su, Jae and I watched a movie which I slept halfway through! Hehehe, I’ll just sit over there and relax for a bit okay? (pointing to the Writer’s Section)

 

Then it was already 6pm, Jae went inside all freshened up, he scanned the café for a sign of Dara, she was nowhere to be found, so he went to Yunho who was cleaning the counters.

 

JAE: Yunho, where’s Dara?

YUNHO: at the back, checking the pantry for the pastries, she’s with Yoochun!

JAE: okay.

 

Then a group of girls went inside and were obviously eyeing on Jae and Yunho, they were all giggling and obviously flirting with the two, Yunho just maintained a serious face while Jae tried to flirt back with them, unknown to Jae, he was being watched by Dara at the back of the stockroom.

 

DARA: is he really a flirt?! Aish! Such a player! (rolling her eyes upward)

CHUN: who? Jae-hyung? He likes the attention… but he knows himself… he never gets overboard!

DARA: but he always let the girls led on… thinking they have a chance with him… aish! Really a player!

CHUN: “It seems noona is affected by the attention… maybe, I can help and confirm if Jae-hyung likes noona as well… hehehe… operation… GREEN MONSTER… gotta tell Yunho-hyung!”

 

Yoochun left Dara at the stockroom and went to Yunho and whispered his plan… at that instant luckily, a group of boys getting ready for a night out went in, and they immediately had a plan, Yunho called Dara out to assist the boys with their order.

 

Dara willingly assisted the boys as they obviously found her attractive and cute, Jae noticed the group of boys vying for her attention as they flirted with her, exchanging smiles and knowing looks and laughter. While he on the other hand forgot about the girls who were swarming around him asking for his attention with their said “order”.

 

Dara asked the boys’ order and listed them and went to the coffee counter to prepare it, ignoring Jae and the girls surrounding him. Jae was disturbed by her ignoring him and confronted her.

 

JAE: didn’t know that you like young and immature boys!

DARA: speak for yourself! Now excuse me I have work to do!

 

Dara ignored him and prepared the drinks, as Jae got the orders of the girls.

 

DARA: those girls like you enough, to even ask me to give you this! (handing him a small piece of paper)

JAE(throws the paper in the trash can): if they really like me and want to get to know me, they should just give it to me personally or talk to me personally period! They just admire me for my looks, they don’t know ME and will not know me!

DARA: and yet you flirt with them and lead them on!

JAE: ah-hah! Why do I get the feeling that you’re jealous?!

DARA: me? Jealous!? You’re really full of yourself, you feminine-looking namja!

JAE: aish! Don’t worry… I’ll guard my lips… I’ll reserve it only for you to kiss anytime! I won’t let anybody kiss me except for you noona (whispering it to her ear trying to sound seductive)

DARA: the hell?! (turning red) shut the f*** up! (wiping and shaking her head to erase the memory of the kiss and walked away with the tray of orders of the boys)

 

Jae regretted the way he handled the situation to flirt with her, because when he looked at Dara again, she was happily chatting with the group of boys just like he was before with the girls.

 

Dara on the other hand tried her very best to act like she was enjoying the attention from the boys as she engaged in a conversation with them.

 

While at the corner of the pastry counter, Yunho and Yoochun were enjoying the exchange of words, death glares, side glances of the two, confirming that they are somewhat interested with each other.

 

The group of guys and girls left and Dara cleared the table and went back to the coffee counter with Jae.

 

DARA: *sigh! Whew! I thought they were not going to leave!

JAE: hah! Enjoyed it that much… that attention from your young admirers?

DARA: whatever Jae! I don’t have time and energy for that! I’m tired!

JAE: you might look like you’re young but hah! Your stamina says otherwise!

DARA: honestly Jae, are you gay or what? Trying to pick a fight with me? Are you jealous that the boys’ attention was on me and not on you? Are you just pretending to be a playboy, so that no one will suspect you of being GAY?

JAE: huh?!

DARA: you’re the one sounding jealous about me meeting the guys… so it made me wonder if you were angry that the boys’ attention was on me and not on you!

JAE: I’m not gay… aish! I have proven it… the kiss by the way was a bit inexperience… practice makes perfect! (lifting both his eyebrows trying to tease Dara, slowing leaning his head near Dara, Dara was stunned and was frozen on her position with her eyes closed)

CHUN: hyung! Noona! We’ll be going now!

YUNHO: our time is up! See you later and good luck man! (looking at Jae in a teasing manner)

JAE: yah! Do you really have to go and leave me with this insufferable palm tree!?

DARA: it’s not like I enjoy being alone with him! (Then a customer enters and orders) good evening ma’am, what will you be having?

 

Jae on the other hand went out of the counter and purposefully went near the table of the girls and chatted with them longer just to see how Dara would react. Much to his dismay, he never caught her looking at his direction, Dara was busy smiling and talking with the customer who seems to be quite interested in her!

 

DARA: name please!

RI IN: Ri In and Alex

DARA: I’m sorry I just have to ask… are you Junsu’s Ri In?

RI IN(blushing at the thought that she called her Junsu’s): um, I am a friend of Junsu… (looking at her friend Alex)

ALEX: are you new here? I’ve never seen you before!

DARA: my name is Dara, I am MaMa’s neice… (she then went out of the counter and hugged Ri In which surprised Ri In) I’m so happy to finally meet you… Junsu has said so much about you… I hope we can be friends…

ALEX: never thought Mama would hire girls as well…

DARA: well, maybe I’m an exception since I am the niece hehehe…

RI IN: Junsu talked about me?

 

Then came Jae who so badly want to break the growing closeness of Dara and the man named Alex, he intentionally stood between Alex and Dara.

 

JAE: Ri In… if he’s not with you, he’s talking about you, he stares at his cellphone as if willing it to ring… waiting for your messages.

DARA: yah! Stop that, you’re making her feel uneasy! Here’s your order!

RI IN: thank you unnie!

DARA: if there is anything I can do for you… don’t hesitate to call ok?

RI IN: yeh, unnie… thanks… bye unnie… Jae-shhi!

ALEX: see you around… Dara.

When the two left…

JAE: there you go again… acting as if you’re close with everybody!

DARA: really Jae… you have some issues… aish! Mind your own business!

 

The rest of the shift was a quiet one… the two were not talking unless it was to give the other an order or something… Dara was at the counter cleaning and wiping the table top while Jae was at the Music Corner chatting with some girls…

 

JAE: “It bothers me, cause you seem so close with everybody and not with me… still can’t get that kiss off of my mind!”

DARA: “Why am I bothered with everything Jae says and does… why do I allow it to affect me?! I have never been like this before! Can’t seem to stop my heart from beating faster and faster…”

=o=o=o=o

 

thank you for the comments they are an inspiration to update soonest ^^