Gave Up On Our Love

The Day We Fall In Love

 

“Hyung ! what do you think are you doing now?” Junho says in panic after hears what just his friend did.
 
“What?” 
 
Nichkhun asks back with his blank face doesnt get what Junho’s mean as he reach his his black smart phone and find many massages then chuckles for he know the contains of each of them will be. Nobody wont believe that In one minutes Nichkhun makes his company lost more than thousands dollar because of cancelling all Seoul/Beijing flight without an irrational reason. Today he makes all his employes speechless for they dont know what should they react. Last night he called the them and ordered them to cancel all flight to Beijing nomatter what, before they could asking the reason and response he cut the line and left them in a complicated situation. They stood in two way that have their own consequence, did what their boss said but lessing their company profit or save their company and received a tantrum from Nichkhun because didnt respect his words. 
 
“I am sure it isnt going to make our company collaps, so dont too worry!” What just he says making Junho more frustrated and speechless.
 
“Hyung.. “
 
Now Junho sit infront of him. What the hell is got into this man until he decided to do such as thing, being the president and owner of this company doesnt mean he can do everything include canceling the flight as he wants. It isnt the usual Nichkhun he knows, where is the thoughful and responsible Nichkhun? He sighs. 
 
“I have my own reason, and dont bother to ask about it anymore. Just consider it as my little mistake. Araso ??Now let me finish this first.”
 
without waiting Junho’s reaction, Nichkhun takes his ballpoint and continue to busy himself with papers on his table. He – himself also doesnt  do this in bad purpose, but yet it is the only way to makes the things better, between he and Victoria. Inside his mind yet he doesnt know if the decision he made will be right or not in the end, even he doesnt know yet what should he do after makes her stay in Seoul. The most important thing, she will not run away from him again. He had been  a stupid when he keep waiting for her after she left him 6 years ago and now when she comes back he will become more stupid than ever if he just let her go. And he never will let her to , never. 
 
After two hours busy himself with his work a call from Thailand distracts him to continue his unfinishable work. He grabs his phone “Sawasdeekab..” He greets politely with his Thai dialeg that he seldom use 2 months lately.“It seems you really busy now in Seoul..” an old woman says in Thai makes Nichkhun takes a look on his calender, it shows 10th June. Previously the first day of the month he will visit Thailand for 1 or 2 days despite how crazy busy he was. But it is the first time he doesnt - he really forget it, “I am so sorry Me, I am already getting old so.. “ He says in joking tone makes the old woman laughs. “I will fly to Bangkok this evening, see you.” He hungs up with a regret face. How can he forget to visit Bangkok this month? Victoria is success makes everything out of the usual, she makes him got headache everytimes think of her, lost thousands dollar for cancelling the flight, and now makes him forget to visit his family in Thailand. She is really always a something.  
 
 
 
“Thank you uncle Yunho.” Kevin receives a chocolate ice cream from Doctor Yunho as they waiting for Victoria from toilet. Because they have more days to stay in Seoul, today Doctor Yunho asks them join him for a vacation. “Hmm.. you dont like it?” He asks after sees Kevin looks hesistate to taste the ice cream he just buys. Kevin shakes his head “Not that I dislike it but I have another flavor I like the most.” Kevin takes one bit of his chocolate ice cream. “Wanna new one?”Doctor Yunho already get up from his seat but Kevin stop him and asks him to sit down again. 
“I think I ever meet someone whose face really similar with you.” Doctor Yunho says as he feels familiar with Kevin’s face - his big eyes, high nose, small lips, and oval face. He tries to search those face inside the memories of thousands faces in his mind but yet he cant find it which makes him frustrated. 
 
“Mommy of course.” Kevin guesses, for until now nobody ever says he resembling someone else accept Victoria. But Doctor Yunho shakes his head means there is someone else, “Not your mother, but I really have no idea who is he.” He looks at the sky hope soon he will finally remember whose face is that. “Huh ?” Kevin surprise hears there is someone else beside his mom resembling his face, and this one is a ‘HE’ that means a man’s face? but who? and how could it happens? 
“Hm.. maybe it just my imagination.” Doctor Yunho says , gives up from searching those familiar face. Suddenly as he tries to forget it, the figure of Kevin’s father – Victoria’s husband comes into his mind. Previously he never bother to ask about their past include their family because he was too afraid that he might more hurt them. He doesnt know everything about their past, but one thing he knows for sure that both of them have a painful past. Doctor Yunho galnces at Kevin who enjoying his ice cream as he looks at the bright blue sky – absorbed, wondering what this little kid might think about. Hesistately Doctor Yunho moves his lip tries to arranges a good sentance to asks this sensitif matter. Will it be alright to ask Kevin ? he still 6 years old yet too young to understand about something like this but this question will never ever be answered by Victoria or Krystal since they always keep it as a secret for how long he doesnt know. But he curious to death to know about it, taking a deep breath he finally let the question come out from his mouth.
 
“Kevin – ah, may I ask something ?”
 
He starts asking his permission, Kevin who focus on the blue sky before moves his sight to him. He sighs – changes his sit position as comfort as possible. He rubs his both tights to erase the nervousness inside him now, how could he becomes this nervous just to ask a question to a little kid? It isnt like he is going to confess his love or face an exam until hot liquid drops from his forehead. 
 
“Hmm.. have you mother ever tell you about your father ?”
 
Oh my god, after those sentance come out from his troat even now he feels more nervous than before. He cant imagine how will Kevin react ? did Victoria ever tell him about his father and if not he will really regret his stupid question. Kevin stunes for second makes Doctor Yunho want to kill himself seeing a fear on his little face. But later out of his imagination a smile blossoms on his little angelic face, Kevin nods. 
 
“Of course, mommy often tell me about my daddy. She said he is a good person and he loves me and mommy.” Kevin says remember again the story his mother tell about his father, the one he really want to meet forever.
 
“Have you ever meet him?” Doctor Yunho blames himself again for cant control his stupid curiousity. Kevin think for second ,
 
“Never, mommy says daddy was leaving us when I was really young, he left us not because he didnt love us but because God loves my daddy and want him to live in a better world where he is now. I even never see his picture, but mommy said if I want to know how is daddy look like, just stand infornt of a mirror so I can see him because we are really similar.”
 
Kevin explains and Doctor Yunho speechless watching in his young age, Kevin really is a good boy – of course it beacuse his great mother teach him so. 
“I bealive he is a good person because his son also a good boy.” Doctor Yunho caress his smooth hair. How could he think that Voctoria will hide the truth about Kevin’s father ? When she never want to talk about it , it doesnt mean she will erase him from their life. 
 
 
 
After 5 hours spending his time inside the plane finally he arrives at his motherland, Thailand. Even if he was born in California and just spend his chilhood here, still – this is his motherland he prounds of. The warmness of this country will always he miss, everytimes he comes here his life as a kid will comes to his head as he remember that priod of time as a little Nichkhun.  His car parks in front of a cream colored house with Thai’s flag aflutter proudly when he reach the huge gate, another Horvejkul Mansion in Bangkok.  As he drawing his suitcase entering the mansion, a common figure welcomes him – Vera Horvejkul. Before at least he could greet her, her week arm circled him with a warm hug.
“ I miss you mom..” He whispers to her ears. 
 
He enters his room which empty for almost 2 months,  everything is still the same no change at all. His step directed to the bed, rest his back for awhile. Although his body still too tired from a long trip, his eyes cant close even for one minute. Now his eyes locked on a small cupboard near the bed, slowy he reach a red old box that he keep since 6 years ago, the ring he gave her at their wedding ceremony. The ring doesnt lost it’s shine as always everytime he open the box, takes the ring and put it in his pinky finger.  Previously this ring was in Seoul but couple day ago, he sent it to Bangkok but somehow it will comeback to him again. 
 
“Your owner was leaving you.. she wont wear you anymore.”
 
He says such as if the ring could listen and talk to him. He  observes intently every side of the ring as the memory when he gives the ring to her comes to his mind. In a rainy day he held her hand tight as they walk together toward the bus halt on their their 1 anniversary, 1st June 2010. Smile couldnt dissapeare from his face that day, with her by his side – Victoria Song. Ever since she came to his life, everyday became bright with bliss and cheerfulness. She was the bright sun that shining his cloudy life, she was the rainbow that coloring his day. With her he was shining , with her his life was colorful , with her he created a precious memories than ever, with her his life was meaning. 
 
Maybe proposed our girlfriend inside a public bus in a rainyday isnt a good idea at all, but that what had happen 6 years ago to this couple. With her teary eyes, she nodded and said those magic word “YES” that finally united their love in a marriage life. Only God knew how happy he was that day, seemed everything was perfect. But who’s know , that joyful only for blink of eyes. 3 months after their anniversary, she is gone. Victoria his precious treasure left him alone without a word. Without her by his side, the dark cloud covered his day, the tears rained him every minutes, the scared and loneliness accompanied him every second. Without her, his life was burried. 
 
“It’s really painful Victoria.. it’s hurt me so much.. “
 
He says in whisper almost in unaudioable tone inside this dim room. His eyes still locked on the ring, remember again Victoria’ face when she received this ring from him, her face – how could he forget if everything in his life always connected with her. How hard he tries to forget her, how far he tries to escape from her , they are useless because more he tries more he remember her. 
 
“You still miss her.. “ a soft voice frome behind breaks his daydream.
 
“Mom.. “
 
He says after capture an old figure appears behind the door. He watch her week step slowly reach him until she comfortly sit beside him on the bed. Nichkhun reminds silent, doesnt know how to answer her. He himself doesnt know what kind of feeling he has now for Victoria, love, hate or what? 
 
“It’s already 6 years son, have you find some news from her ? we have to clarify this all , make it clear.. “ Mrs Vera grab her son hand as she look stright into his eyes. Victoria left them without a word and become a great storm for their life, and it is enough for her to watch her son suffer like that all this years. “ Everything is clear already mom, it’s ending of us - ending of Khuntoria.” His voive becomes hoarse tries to hold his sob, and chuckle to hide it. 
 
“Have you find the reason she left ?” He tighten the grip as she look at him in disbelieve for doesnt get what he means yet. So he already find the reason why did Victoria leave 6 years ago? But how could he just act cool and doesnt bother to get her back? What actually the reason behind it ? Nichkhun takes a deep breath ,
 
“ She doesnt love me as much I love her mom, she gave up on us – gave up on our love. “ 
 
Mrs Vera frown, doesnt get what her son means yet by saying Victoria – her daughter in law gave up on their love. She really know Victoria, her loves for her son would never faded but it was 6 years ago before she gone somewhere without a goodbye. She reach her son’s hand and squeze it to confirm her thought, yet she doesnt believe on her own ears.
 
“ What do you mean son? She gave up? She didnt love you anymore?” 
 
“ Dad, she did what he said mom. She didnt fight for our love, she didnt love me anymore, she.. “ 
 
 
Nichkhun was faten his step to the elevator after finish his whole work in his office. He impatiently pressed the botton that would brought him to the first floor of the building. He acted that way wasnt because of no reason, when he was putting his stuff into his bag Victoria sudden call distracted him to continue what was he doing now. Her tone was all worry, her father in law – Mr Teeragian was in their house. 
 
He rushed to the lobby as he answered and bowed to the numerous people who greeted him along the way. He glanced again to his phone screen, wonder if Victoria would send him a message, his mind went blank worried if something bad happened to his wife with his father there. Not that Mr Teeragiant was a monster or something else that might bite him, but one thing for sure he could bring her life in danger. 
 
He had no idea why did his father payed them a visit whereas he really knew that he never would bless their marriage till when only God knew. He drove his motor cycle like a maniac as his mind kept on Victoria, how was she now? Hoping nothing would happen. He reached their house only in few minutes and climbed the stairs toward the door. How surprise he was at moment he opened the door and found Mr Teeragiant was similing brightly next to Victoria. 
 
“ Nichkhun my son, I dont suspect you arrive this soon.” 
 
But Nichkhun already didnt listen cause his ears, eyes and mind directed to Victoria who welcomed him with her blossom smile. He eyeing her with a worry in his eyes but received a blossom smile from her face was enough to know that she was fine now. As usual Victoria would take his bag and her sweater before went to the kitchen to take some drink for him. He stared at his father with a suspicious eyes, what had happened to him actually ?
 
Mr Teeragiant was the only person who disappored their relationship although Mrs Vera was oposite, she was on their side. Even since Nichkhun introduced Victoria to his family inThailand, Mr Teeragiant was the only one who didint welcome her nicely instead gave her a nauseating look but she managed to acted like there was nothing. Her dissapointment came to the limit when he started to talk about her family beackground include her status as an orphan. And tried to parted them cause he only approved Kim Hyuna, his bestfriend’s daughter as his daughter in law. 
 
“ What’s bring you here.. d..da..dad.. “ 
 
The last word felt so hard for him to speak as he – himself once said he already erased him as his only son and heir of Horvejkul at their wedding ceremony. He lost his status, lost his wealthy but he never regreted it cause he got his love, Victoria Song. 
 
“ Of course I am here to pay my son and daughter in law a visit. I know you guys might think that I am coming here for a bed purpose or else, but please believe me. I already realize that I did lot’s of mistakes toward both of you and I am asking for you guys apologize. Please give me another chance to correct my mistake and being a good father for you two.. “ 
 
Hearing his father, as a good son he decided to give him one ore chance and hope it will be a new page for them to create their happiness. Ever since that dat their relation became better and better, Mr Teeragiant often fly from Thailand to Seoul with Mrs Vera to see them. It was really a dream they always dreamt of every single night in their sleep. Finally Mr Teeragant asked them to cameback to their mansion in Bangkok and lived together there. But Nichkhun refused it politely cause he wanted to build his own family independetly here and thanks God they respected it. 
 
 
“Honey, do you really want this? I mean.. “
Victoria leaned closer to her husband who laid on the soft sofa after came back from working. She eyeing his tired as she massaged his stiff shoulders. Watching Nichkhun came back home in this condition made her felt guilty, today he finished his work almost at 11 o’clock from early in the morning. 
 
“What ?”
 
“Dad called me yesterday, he told me a lot about your childhood include your dream to enter Harvard university. He said you prepared a lot from high school.. and.. he also know about my passion in pastry and offer me to continue my study about pastry in beijing. What do you think ?”
 
“You want us to be apart ? I go to Harvard and you go to beijing ? answer me Victoria Horvejkul !” He restrained himself from her as he gave his sulky face. 
 
“No, I means. If you really want to go.. hmm.. for your future.. “ 
 
“No, I did dream of Harvard till now but all I want now is being with you my dear. Nothing more.. dont talk about it anymore, araso ?”
 
 
Mrs Vera is speechless hear his explaination. Her jaw drop, as he look at his son with a doubt look. How could Victoria do that ? He squeze his hand, asking for more explaination. 
 
“Yesterday my people found out that she was in beijing all this years, by using her chinese name, SONG QIAN. So that’s why I cant detect her because she changed her identity, she prepared well. “ He chuckles
 
“ And you know mom, Song Qian is registered as a student of a pastry academy in Beijing 
 
 
 
 
I think this chapter isnt like you guys espected.. it really worse,..
Actually I have finish this chapter view days ago with little bit different plot. and my PC was error and I lost it.. It's really frustrating.. hope you guys understand..